The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

I know it's the Mirror, but

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by rainbow-fairy on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:22 pm

@aiyoyo wrote:
The Sunday Mirror can also reveal that the Met Police will complete a comprehensive report with a series of recommendations later in the year and it is hoped it will lead the Portuguese Police to formally reopening the case.

A cold case unit has been set up by the Policia Judiciaria in Porto and they will be considering a number of leads Scotland Yard have suggested should be reinvestigated in the review set up last year.


The Met have put a lot of resources into the review and they want a result. It is a decision for the Portuguese authorities to reopen the case but when they see the report from the Met there will more than enough reasons to launch a new investigation.


It was reported in December that the Met were examining eight “important” new leads and it is understood the leads will form part of the recommendations when the report is handed over to the Portuguese Police in a “matter of months”.

Every other line in that report suggests mccanns are desperate for people to believe that the Yard will hand in a report to Oporto recommending leads to be followed up, and because of that the Oporto is obliged to reopen the case in order to investigate the leads
So what have their detectives been doing all this while if they haven't followed up these IMPORTANT leads? Why are they sitting on leads waiting for PJ to do something about them?

Going by the spin put out by their source, one can imagine kate's epilogue, which she spent few months writing (since the start of the Yard's review no doubt) will be about her over-imagination about how the Yard will dig out leads and hand them over to the PJ, and nothing else. I wonder what gave kate the impression the Yard is doing exclusively that ie review their leads?

This spin is just part of their strategy against what is to come no doubt. Imagine when the Yard finally announce the re-interview of the T7, how is team mccann going to explain kate's epilogue?



You are completely right, aiyoyo - frankly I'm dizzy from all the spin.

Reminded me of the article in Blacksmith Bureau, Spinning In the Wind...

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.com/2011/12/spinning-in-the-wind.html

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re- I know its the Mirrior-but

Post by sijm on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:01 pm

One thing does worry me even though I beleive there is sufficient evidence with the Met that may prove Maddy has been dead since 2007.

But, What if a young girl age 10 yrs suddenly is presented as Madeleine in a few years time?

I beleive no-one has the right to ask for a DNA test and only the parents can give their permission? Fat chance there!

Did they do a DNA test on Jaycee when she was found or was her indentity taken for granted by her story and that of a insane abductor

who had his own church and was looking for World fame?

sijm

Posts : 126
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by uppatoffee on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Surely as a ward of court, if this did happen the court would be responsible for making that decision, not the parents.

uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by aiyoyo on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:37 pm

@uppatoffee wrote:Surely as a ward of court, if this did happen the court would be responsible for making that decision, not the parents.

I think the WOC thing is not about handing her welfare totally to the Court.

It was just to suit one purpose ie so that the Court can order Police to hand over info that the mccanns hankered after, but they failed miserably in that aspect 'cos they didnt get what they were after.

It other words, the mccanns shamelessly made use of anyone they can (even Court) to suit their agenda.
That pair is capable of ingenuity to cover up their crime.

If only they use the same ingenuity to search for Maddie, to work with their PI closely to find Maddie, to go all over where sightings are reported and check out sightings for themselves, people might just believe them.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by PeterMac on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:51 pm

I don't share the apparent pessimism after reading this report.
The Sunday Mirror can also reveal that the Met Police will complete a comprehensive report with a series of recommendations later in the year and it is hoped it will lead the Portuguese Police to formally reopen[ing] the case.
It depends on what the recommendations are. They might include issuing 9 EAWs

A cold case unit has been set up by the Policia Judiciaria in OPorto and they will be considering a number of leads Scotland Yard have suggested should be reinvestigated in the review set up last year.
See above.

“The Met have put a lot of resources into the review and they want a result. It is a decision for the Portuguese authorities to reopen the case but when they see the report from the Met there will more than enough reasons to launch a new investigation.
See above.

It was reported in December that the Met were examining eight “important” new leads and it is understood the leads will form part of the recommendations when the report is handed over to the Portuguese Police in a “matter of months”.
Do not assume that the 8 "important' new leads, are the junk handed over by M3. Edgar has had a long time in post, and by now has surely got hold of them, and will have realised that they were garbage. The Grange team will have done the same within days of receiving them.
They know that if Madeleine were alive every hour would count.
If they acted fast on a "lead" and found her alive the entire team would be promoted and in the New Years Honours List.
Their "plodding" and exhaustive review may tell us something.

So we may really be talking about "important new leads". Such as phone-ping analysis, detailed use of HOLMES and ANACAPA computer simulations, thorough and critical re-reading of the original statements, the second statements, and then the Rogatory Letters, and analysis of the results with HOLMES 2.
Possibly, and perhaps probably, a private interview with Grimes.
Possibly, and probably, a private talk with the Forensic laboratory.
Reports from Forensic language specialists, Forensic photo experts.
Request to GCHQ for anything they might have, photos, phone records.
Request to banks for credit card records, detailing petrol purchases in different places, and matching that to the recorded mileage on the car.
A DCI is no fool. He has risen through at least 5 posts and ranks, and wants to make Det. Supt. If he is not young enough to achieve that rank, he will be tough and cynical. Beholden to no one, and certainly one who has 'seen it and heard it all before'.




____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:06 pm

@PeterMac wrote:I don't share the apparent pessimism after reading this report.
The Sunday Mirror can also reveal that the Met Police will complete a comprehensive report with a series of recommendations later in the year and it is hoped it will lead the Portuguese Police to formally reopen[ing] the case.
It depends on what the recommendations are. They might include issuing 9 EAWs

A cold case unit has been set up by the Policia Judiciaria in OPorto and they will be considering a number of leads Scotland Yard have suggested should be reinvestigated in the review set up last year.
See above.

“The Met have put a lot of resources into the review and they want a result. It is a decision for the Portuguese authorities to reopen the case but when they see the report from the Met there will more than enough reasons to launch a new investigation.
See above.



It was reported in December that the Met were examining eight “important” new leads and it is understood the leads will form part of the recommendations when the report is handed over to the Portuguese Police in a “matter of months”.
Do not assume that the 8 "important' new leads, are the junk handed over by M3. Edgar has had a long time in post, and by now has surely got hold of them, and will have realised that they were garbage. The Grange team will have done the same within days of receiving them.
They know that if Madeleine were alive every hour would count.
If they acted fast on a "lead" and found her alive the entire team would be promoted and in the New Years Honours List.
Their "plodding" and exhaustive review may tell us something.

So we may really be talking about "important new leads". Such as phone-ping analysis, detailed use of HOLMES and ANACAPA computer simulations, thorough and critical re-reading of the original statements, the second statements, and then the Rogatory Letters, and analysis of the results with HOLMES 2.
Possibly, and perhaps probably, a private interview with Grimes.
Possibly, and probably, a private talk with the Forensic laboratory.
Reports from Forensic language specialists, Forensic photo experts.
Request to GCHQ for anything they might have, photos, phone records.
Request to banks for credit card records, detailing petrol purchases in different places, and matching that to the recorded mileage on the car.
A DCI is no fool. He has risen through at least 5 posts and ranks, and wants to make Det. Supt. If he is not young enough to achieve that rank, he will be tough and cynical. Beholden to no one, and certainly one who has 'seen it and heard it all before'.




thumbsup

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by Nina on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:08 pm

@PeterMac wrote:I don't share the apparent pessimism after reading this report.
The Sunday Mirror can also reveal that the Met Police will complete a comprehensive report with a series of recommendations later in the year and it is hoped it will lead the Portuguese Police to formally reopen[ing] the case.
It depends on what the recommendations are. They might include issuing 9 EAWs

A cold case unit has been set up by the Policia Judiciaria in OPorto and they will be considering a number of leads Scotland Yard have suggested should be reinvestigated in the review set up last year.
See above.

“The Met have put a lot of resources into the review and they want a result. It is a decision for the Portuguese authorities to reopen the case but when they see the report from the Met there will more than enough reasons to launch a new investigation.
See above.

It was reported in December that the Met were examining eight “important” new leads and it is understood the leads will form part of the recommendations when the report is handed over to the Portuguese Police in a “matter of months”.
Do not assume that the 8 "important' new leads, are the junk handed over by M3. Edgar has had a long time in post, and by now has surely got hold of them, and will have realised that they were garbage. The Grange team will have done the same within days of receiving them.
They know that if Madeleine were alive every hour would count.
If they acted fast on a "lead" and found her alive the entire team would be promoted and in the New Years Honours List.
Their "plodding" and exhaustive review may tell us something.

So we may really be talking about "important new leads". Such as phone-ping analysis, detailed use of HOLMES and ANACAPA computer simulations, thorough and critical re-reading of the original statements, the second statements, and then the Rogatory Letters, and analysis of the results with HOLMES 2.
Possibly, and perhaps probably, a private interview with Grimes.
Possibly, and probably, a private talk with the Forensic laboratory.
Reports from Forensic language specialists, Forensic photo experts.
Request to GCHQ for anything they might have, photos, phone records.
Request to banks for credit card records, detailing petrol purchases in different places, and matching that to the recorded mileage on the car.
A DCI is no fool. He has risen through at least 5 posts and ranks, and wants to make Det. Supt. If he is not young enough to achieve that rank, he will be tough and cynical. Beholden to no one, and certainly one who has 'seen it and heard it all before'.






Peter Mac, I cannot thank you enough for your post.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by aiyoyo on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:14 pm

@PeterMac wrote:I don't share the apparent pessimism after reading this report.
The Sunday Mirror can also reveal that the Met Police will complete a comprehensive report with a series of recommendations later in the year and it is hoped it will lead the Portuguese Police to formally reopen[ing] the case.
It depends on what the recommendations are. They might include issuing 9 EAWs

A cold case unit has been set up by the Policia Judiciaria in OPorto and they will be considering a number of leads Scotland Yard have suggested should be reinvestigated in the review set up last year.
See above.

“The Met have put a lot of resources into the review and they want a result. It is a decision for the Portuguese authorities to reopen the case but when they see the report from the Met there will more than enough reasons to launch a new investigation.
See above.

It was reported in December that the Met were examining eight “important” new leads and it is understood the leads will form part of the recommendations when the report is handed over to the Portuguese Police in a “matter of months”.
Do not assume that the 8 "important' new leads, are the junk handed over by M3. Edgar has had a long time in post, and by now has surely got hold of them, and will have realised that they were garbage. The Grange team will have done the same within days of receiving them.
They know that if Madeleine were alive every hour would count.
If they acted fast on a "lead" and found her alive the entire team would be promoted and in the New Years Honours List.
Their "plodding" and exhaustive review may tell us something.

So we may really be talking about "important new leads". Such as phone-ping analysis, detailed use of HOLMES and ANACAPA computer simulations, thorough and critical re-reading of the original statements, the second statements, and then the Rogatory Letters, and analysis of the results with HOLMES 2.
Possibly, and perhaps probably, a private interview with Grimes.
Possibly, and probably, a private talk with the Forensic laboratory.
Reports from Forensic language specialists, Forensic photo experts.
Request to GCHQ for anything they might have, photos, phone records.
Request to banks for credit card records, detailing petrol purchases in different places, and matching that to the recorded mileage on the car.
A DCI is no fool. He has risen through at least 5 posts and ranks, and wants to make Det. Supt. If he is not young enough to achieve that rank, he will be tough and cynical. Beholden to no one, and certainly one who has 'seen it and heard it all before'.




Exactly what anyone with half a brain can work out, that is, at least what is going to entail in what one would call comprehensive review.
How the mccanns can think it's only going to be leads review is beyond belief! That is why I dont understand their audacity to come up with a bewk about the review when they must have been in the dark about it as any joe public! Desperation to get more money ready on stand by for the eventuality must have addled kate's mind.

Instead the mccanns put out some gibberish expecting the public to believe Met's review is ALL and ONLY about reviewing leads and recommending to PJ so that PJ can justify the reopening.
It is so LAUGHABLE naive of the mccann to think all joe public are that stupid that they cannot read in between the lines.
And the mccanns are far from naive, so what they hoped to achieve by their arrogant and spin is mind boggling.

They smoked their in-house dracula out of his hiding place to spin this dribble just to prepare for the promotion of yet another of kate's big suicide note aka bewk is arrogant at its height.

It would be interesting to know where kate gathered her materials about the Review to fill the pages of her epilogue, if nothing else.
Unless its just going to be gibberish from her over fertile imagination - in that case I don't see how it can get past the vetting stage.
I am sure she will have to run drafts of her bewk past at least her publisher and lawyer before it goes anything near the printer.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by tuom on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:36 pm

@tigger wrote:I wouldn't like to hear a diagnosis from them:

errrm, it's sort of, it's - you're terminal. Errm, I mean, you know. Not terminal really, sort of - errm, hmm, I was looking at the computer. I think, well, you know I had a look. You definitely, I think, have what I would call you know, a serious - sort of grown, errm ingrown - what we in the medical profession call, errm a toenail. That's it really, it's here, on your - no I mean on my terminal, errm laptop.




tuom

Posts : 530
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by Ashwarya on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Do we all think then that Team McCann have no more idea than the rest of us what Scotland Yard are likely to come up with, and that the latest spin is to convince Joe Public that they are delighted the review is happening and that the best thing of all would be that it would lead to the case being re-opened? So they can say when the balloon goes up "Why would we have been pleased about all this unless we were completely innocent and just longing for news of Madeleine's whereabouts and her return to us?" Of course none of us are supposed to know that they could have had the case re-opened just by returning for the reconstruction and answering a few unanswered questions! If that is what Peter Mac and others think then I can sleep a bit happier knowing that justice is on its way at long last.

Ashwarya

Posts : 141
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by PeterMac on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:02 pm

@Ashwarya wrote:Do we all think then that Team McCann have no more idea than the rest of us what Scotland Yard are likely to come up with, and that the latest spin is to convince Joe Public that they are delighted the review is happening and that the best thing of all would be that it would lead to the case being re-opened? So they can say when the balloon goes up "Why would we have been pleased about all this unless we were completely innocent and just longing for news of Madeleine's whereabouts and her return to us?" Of course none of us are supposed to know that they could have had the case re-opened just by returning for the reconstruction and answering a few unanswered questions! If that is what Peter Mac and others think then I can sleep a bit happier knowing that justice is on its way at long last.
They are trapped.
They cannot say they don't want a review.
They cannot say they don't want the case re-opened.
They cannot say they don't want every possible "lead" investigated.
In some ways I feel sorry for them.
In the same way I was, in some way, sorry, for the idiots I interviewed all those years ago who had by their own stupidity and self-improtance put themselves in position they could no longer defend.
There was an understanding that a full and frank admission, with a signed Voluntary Statement, would mean that the previous hours of denial, aggression, abuse, threats and the rest, would be quietly forgotten, and certainly not adduced in the prosecution case.
It permitted a plea in mitigation
That was the deal.
Police and Criminals understood it alike.
We were professionals in our work.
Each understood the other.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by bristow on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:40 pm

The bizarre thing is though is that they lobbied Cameron asking for a review, why if they are guilty, surely it would be better for them to keep their heads to the ground?
Or are they so uber confident that it will be a whitewash, I just don't get it?

bristow

Posts : 823
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by rainbow-fairy on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:55 am

@bristow wrote:The bizarre thing is though is that they lobbied Cameron asking for a review, why if they are guilty, surely it would be better for them to keep their heads to the ground?
Or are they so uber confident that it will be a whitewash, I just don't get it?
I really don't think they did lobby for the review, not in the way its happened.
We know now that the Portuguese review began in March 2011, a full two months before the 'Dear Dave' letter in the Sun. Speaking of which, it isn't logistically possible that DC could set up a review in 24 hours. There would have to be many discussions with senior advisors etc.
My belief is that this was pre-emptive spin, they got wind of the fact the Portuguese had started reviewing.
As for why DC would go along with the letter, well its win-win for him, isn't it? He looks good for 'reopening the Maddie files' as it was splashed across the Media. If the McCanns are truly innocent he wins, if they are not and are convicted, he will have been seen to help stop one of the most wicked deceptions in history - he really can't lose!
The McCanns, otoh - they can...

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by listener on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:59 am

[quote="bristow"]The bizarre thing is though is that they lobbied Cameron asking for a review, why if they are guilty, surely it would be better for them to keep their heads to the ground?
Or are they so uber confident that it will be a whitewash, I just don't get it?[/quote]

Also my thoughts!

listener

Posts : 565
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by stumo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:14 am

[quote="listener"]
@bristow wrote:The bizarre thing is though is that they lobbied Cameron asking for a review, why if they are guilty, surely it would be better for them to keep their heads to the ground?
Or are they so uber confident that it will be a whitewash, I just don't get it?[/quote]

Also my thoughts!

...because they know the SY investigation will be a whitewash.

stumo

Posts : 152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by aiyoyo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:09 am

@bristow wrote:The bizarre thing is though is that they lobbied Cameron asking for a review, why if they are guilty, surely it would be better for them to keep their heads to the ground?
Or are they so uber confident that it will be a whitewash, I just don't get it?

I don't believe they lobbied Cameron, at least I never heard about it until after the announcement. I think they said that in retrospective.
But they did lobby the Home Office to no avail.

Also, IMV, it is the Portuguese side who had started this review and behind the scene roped UK on board, and not the other way round.

That would explain Theresa May's remarks about behind the scene work even before review announcement.
That would also explain the assigning of an independent PJ team, Oporto team, who apparently was already working on the review way before the announcement.

If we think about it, for Cameron to suddenly decide to do the review, he would still have got to have ratification from his colleagues, the Yard, and most importantly the Portuguese, else the review is worthless legal wise unless it is a joint review with the primary investigators. What valid reason would prompt DC to approach the Portuguese side to agree to a review, unless it wasn't him who initiated the review.
I am inclined to believe PT initiated this review.

As for how the mccanns ended up issuing a letter to DC that coincidentally coincided with the announcement, there are a few possibilities. Either CM's friend in No 10 tipped him off, or mccanns were told No. 10 would do the review after all and they were asked to submit a letter to the PM, thus playing into the hands of No. 10 as it would give DC a reason to justify the expenditure so as not to anger the Parliament and Public too much. Just my thought anyway.


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by tigger on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:16 am

thumbsup

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by aiyoyo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:27 am

@PeterMac wrote:
@Ashwarya wrote:Do we all think then that Team McCann have no more idea than the rest of us what Scotland Yard are likely to come up with, and that the latest spin is to convince Joe Public that they are delighted the review is happening and that the best thing of all would be that it would lead to the case being re-opened? So they can say when the balloon goes up "Why would we have been pleased about all this unless we were completely innocent and just longing for news of Madeleine's whereabouts and her return to us?" Of course none of us are supposed to know that they could have had the case re-opened just by returning for the reconstruction and answering a few unanswered questions! If that is what Peter Mac and others think then I can sleep a bit happier knowing that justice is on its way at long last.
They are trapped.
They cannot say they don't want a review.
They cannot say they don't want the case re-opened.
They cannot say they don't want every possible "lead" investigated.
In some ways I feel sorry for them.
In the same way I was, in some way, sorry, for the idiots I interviewed all those years ago who had by their own stupidity and self-improtance put themselves in position they could no longer defend.

There was an understanding that a full and frank admission, with a signed Voluntary Statement, would mean that the previous hours of denial, aggression, abuse, threats and the rest, would be quietly forgotten, and certainly not adduced in the prosecution case.
It permitted a plea in mitigation
That was the deal.
Police and Criminals understood it alike.
We were professionals in our work.
Each understood the other.

Exactly why people cannot understand why they stupidly asked for a review, though imv, they didnt ask DC, they did ask HO.
Unless they were confident that HO will never accede to it, but it's good to be seen to make the right noise so that people will continue to donate.
They might be striking while the iron is hot to amass as much money as they still can from gullible people who bought their yarn, as they know they are going to continue to need it for further legal bills.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by Kololi on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:47 am

Uppatoffee wrote,

"If you look at this optimistically, there are of course plenty of reasons to relaunch an investigation, starting with the reinterviewing of the Tapas 9. How much of their stories would they remember? It's not easy for the brain to remember a reconstructed version of events. Five years on, how different would their stories be?"

It would also be optimistic to think, "wow, maybe we are wrong and Madeleine might still be findable" and actually hope that is the case.

Not saying that it is and willing to own up that the time involved made me think that she probably wasn't but a slice of humble pie under such circumstances would be more than palatable.

Kololi

Posts : 677
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by uppatoffee on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:02 am

Kololi I would love nothing more than for Madeleine to be found safe and well after all this time. However I believe that there are too many indicators to suggest that this will ever be the case; DNA, cadaver dogs, constantly changing statements etc. However, if it does happen I will be the first to apologise for disbelieving.

uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by Kololi on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:12 am

@uppatoffee wrote:Kololi I would love nothing more than for Madeleine to be found safe and well after all this time. However I believe that there are too many indicators to suggest that this will ever be the case; DNA, cadaver dogs, constantly changing statements etc. However, if it does happen I will be the first to apologise for disbelieving.

You just phrased what was coming off most of the posts that I read tbh Uppatoffee so I quoted it.

It's the time that has paased that makes me doubt it likely and the reward money - nobody at all has come forward for that but what are the chances that you could steal a child and nobody else at all know about it. Maybe there is some hope now and to hell with any thoughts we had that are shown to be wrong if it means she is alive and can go home to her family.

Kololi

Posts : 677
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by uppatoffee on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 am

@Kololi wrote:
@uppatoffee wrote:Kololi I would love nothing more than for Madeleine to be found safe and well after all this time. However I believe that there are too many indicators to suggest that this will ever be the case; DNA, cadaver dogs, constantly changing statements etc. However, if it does happen I will be the first to apologise for disbelieving.

You just phrased what was coming off most of the posts that I read tbh Uppatoffee so I quoted it.

It's the time that has paased that makes me doubt it likely and the reward money - nobody at all has come forward for that but what are the chances that you could steal a child and nobody else at all know about it. Maybe there is some hope now and to hell with any thoughts we had that are shown to be wrong if it means she is alive and can go home to her family.

I think you've said it yourself there. There is just no credible evidence to support an abduction.

uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by Kololi on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:27 am

@uppatoffee wrote:
@Kololi wrote:
@uppatoffee wrote:Kololi I would love nothing more than for Madeleine to be found safe and well after all this time. However I believe that there are too many indicators to suggest that this will ever be the case; DNA, cadaver dogs, constantly changing statements etc. However, if it does happen I will be the first to apologise for disbelieving.

You just phrased what was coming off most of the posts that I read tbh Uppatoffee so I quoted it.

It's the time that has paased that makes me doubt it likely and the reward money - nobody at all has come forward for that but what are the chances that you could steal a child and nobody else at all know about it. Maybe there is some hope now and to hell with any thoughts we had that are shown to be wrong if it means she is alive and can go home to her family.

I think you've said it yourself there. There is just no credible evidence to support an abduction.

Lol - nicely done!

I have to agree to disagree with myself then or maybe the abductors friends don't need the reward money. *Straws and clutching* springs to mind. big grin

Kololi

Posts : 677
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by rainbow-fairy on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:26 am

Who would need reward money if they had in their possession the most precious searched for girl on the planet?!?
Ah, actually, I think that's it! Quite apart from the dog alerts, impossibility of statements, dodgy photos indicating her demise, she couldn't possibly be alive. Why?
1)If she was kidnapped (say, as the 'new daughter for Victoria Beckham lookalike) she would be utterly useless. Who would want a 'new daughter' who had to be locked away from the public for ever and ever, being recognisable as she is with the coloboma-that-doesnt-actually-exist and whatnot?
2)If it was a paedophile, single or plural as in the fabled gang, she'dve been quickly dead (and mercifully so imo). Yes, we have the likes of Jaycee Lee Dugard, Natascha Kampusch etc. These were all just-pubescent girls kept as 'slaves'. Three year old girls are not their target.

I honestly think its more likely that the earth will turn out to be flat after all than Madeleine turning up alive. Sad, but as I've said over and over, I don't want her to be dead. What I want is utterly immaterial in that regard. All I want is those who have covered up the truth brought to swift justice.
I would love to believe she is alive, I would love to believe there are no paedophiles, but both are vain hopes, sadly. I'm certain of that.

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know it's the Mirror, but

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:48 am

@PeterMac wrote:
@Ashwarya wrote:Do we all think then that Team McCann have no more idea than the rest of us what Scotland Yard are likely to come up with, and that the latest spin is to convince Joe Public that they are delighted the review is happening and that the best thing of all would be that it would lead to the case being re-opened? So they can say when the balloon goes up "Why would we have been pleased about all this unless we were completely innocent and just longing for news of Madeleine's whereabouts and her return to us?" Of course none of us are supposed to know that they could have had the case re-opened just by returning for the reconstruction and answering a few unanswered questions! If that is what Peter Mac and others think then I can sleep a bit happier knowing that justice is on its way at long last.
They are trapped.
They cannot say they don't want a review.
They cannot say they don't want the case re-opened.
They cannot say they don't want every possible "lead" investigated.
In some ways I feel sorry for them.
In the same way I was, in some way, sorry, for the idiots I interviewed all those years ago who had by their own stupidity and self-improtance put themselves in position they could no longer defend.
There was an understanding that a full and frank admission, with a signed Voluntary Statement, would mean that the previous hours of denial, aggression, abuse, threats and the rest, would be quietly forgotten, and certainly not adduced in the prosecution case.
It permitted a plea in mitigation
That was the deal.
Police and Criminals understood it alike.
We were professionals in our work.
Each understood the other.


Good morning Peter Mac!

Do you not agree with me, that the deal you just explained bears a striking resemblance to the proposals put forward to mrs McCann by the Portuguese Police -as explained in detail to her by her own attorney- on september 7th 2007?

Apparently the fledgling criminal didn't capish that charges of involuntary manslaughter being considered formed a present, a goodwill gesture; easlly, they might have slapped her with a murder charge on top of that.

Her attorney understood, however. He knew, of course, that she was being gently handled.

He must have been as surprised as the next man, when afterwards TM started promoting the proferred benevolence as an insult, whitewashing the fact that the equasion was not:

Disappearance + Neglect = Involuntary manslaughter

but:

Homicide - (International aspects) = Involuntary Manslaughter.

So, to return to your last three sentences:
Not all of the people involved understood the situation;
One of them was not a professional;
This person did not understand the generous nature of what was really on offer.

Isn't this what you are saying, in fact?

Oh, BTW, seeing you're clearly a policeman, one further question. As in cases where a cop gets killed, do you not agree with me that, seeing the destruction of Dr Amaral and his family, not a single cop in the now joint SY/PJ operation will be very much inclined to leave a single stone unturned and risk seeing the perpetrators walk free?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum