The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

David Smith article (split topic)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: David Smith article (split topic)

Post by russiandoll on 08.04.12 10:01

I am pretty sure K and G had some alone time , they had much to discuss re the forthcoming evening's "events" IMO.
Also IMO DW is compared to the rest quite a reliable witness. I always wondered though why she went on this holiday..away with her immediate family for a week abroad I could understand, but I don't see much fun for her being with a group of 30somethings with their young children, not much in common to talk about at those evening mealtimes I would have thought. Think of all the doctor shop talk for a start...
will re-read files..was she in the habit of going away with the Paynes either as a family or as part of a bigger group? If not I wonder what made her decide to go May 07? The idea she was a designated childminder which I have read somewherre, is a bit mean is it not? It was her holiday too....[ where have I heard that before?]

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 08.04.12 12:58

@russiandoll wrote: I am pretty sure K and G had some alone time , they had much to discuss re the forthcoming evening's "events" IMO.
Also IMO DW is compared to the rest quite a reliable witness. I always wondered though why she went on this holiday..away with her immediate family for a week abroad I could understand, but I don't see much fun for her being with a group of 30somethings with their young children, not much in common to talk about at those evening mealtimes I would have thought. Think of all the doctor shop talk for a start...
will re-read files..was she in the habit of going away with the Paynes either as a family or as part of a bigger group? If not I wonder what made her decide to go May 07? The idea she was a designated childminder which I have read somewherre, is a bit mean is it not? It was her holiday too....[ where have I heard that before?]

Hello, I am new here, although have been reading the site for quite some time now, I hope you do not mind me butting in. If I recall correctly, DW stated that both she and her husband had originally intended to go on the holiday. Her husband decided against it and she was then persuaded to go alone without him. It is in one of her statements, perhaps the rogatory one.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth on 08.04.12 13:15

@sami wrote:
@russiandoll wrote: I am pretty sure K and G had some alone time , they had much to discuss re the forthcoming evening's "events" IMO.

Hello, I am new here, although have been reading the site for quite some time now, I hope you do not mind me butting in. If I recall correctly, DW stated that both she and her husband had originally intended to go on the holiday. Her husband decided against it and she was then persuaded to go alone without him. It is in one of her statements, perhaps the rogatory one.
I would like to see the evidence that she sat alone at the table, after the alarm was raised, she did not move, or run to see what was going on. She thought it was *another one of their games*. I cannot find the reference now, but it would appear that the McCann were in the habit of *playing games* and perhaps she was finding it tiresome.

Shibboleth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 08.04.12 14:51

thanks sami, you meant this

PC: "And how much, I say how much did you have to do with the group before, have you been away with the group before?"
DW: "Oh no, no and originally my recollection is that the, the holiday that, that we eventually went on I think originally it was Fiona and Dave that err booked it and invited me and my husband along if we wanted to go on it. He didn't want to go because its not his sort of holiday and then later on it grew that there was other, other people going along as well, which I was unaware of at the time and I sort of said to Dave well if you've got friends going forget about me, I won't, I won't come and he said no, no you must come along and so that's how I came to be on the holiday."

Why was it thought a good thing to have one person of a different generation with a group of 30somethings...most of whom she had met, however she seemed set against going without her husband. How did DP persuade her that she would have a good time I wonder...

Shibboleth , I can't find any ref from DW to playing games though,can you recall where you saw that? thanks

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.04.12 14:55

Hi sami and welcome welcome2

Didn't DW take a separate flight as well? Or have I imagined that.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.04.12 15:09

Kate's statement
Gerry and I had booked an hour-long couples' tennis lesson with the professional coach at three-thirty, and as the courts were unoccupied, we decided to have a knock-up for half an hour first. Near the end of our lesson, as I strove desperately to improve my substandard backhand, another guest appeared

I am keen to find statement of the Tennis Coach "Dan" but cant seem to navigate Mccannsfile.com or JM's
site well because I cant find statement of Dan. Kate didn't name the guest who appeared, I wondered whether this person had given statement to the PJ.

Actually what I am trying to do is find independent witness of Maddie on the 3/5. And also witnesses statement of K&G movement on the 3/5.
IF they were having a family day, I want to know what K&G did after they drop off their kids in the creche.
We know Kate claimed they were playing Tennis in the afternoon, but what DID they do in the morning.
Any tips on how to locate Tapas Bar waiting staff statement? Did anyone claim to have seen Gerry having tea with his children sans Kate and the group?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.04.12 15:11

Hi Candyfloss. Dianne Webster is in the infamous "I'm not here to enjoy myself" mobile phone footage so she did travel with the McCanns and the Paynes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invinoveritas on 08.04.12 15:23

@aiyoyo wrote:
Kate's statement
Gerry and I had booked an hour-long couples' tennis lesson with the professional coach at three-thirty, and as the courts were unoccupied, we decided to have a knock-up for half an hour first. Near the end of our lesson, as I strove desperately to improve my substandard backhand, another guest appeared

I am keen to find statement of the Tennis Coach "Dan" but cant seem to navigate Mccannsfile.com or JM's
site well because I cant find statement of Dan. Kate didn't name the guest who appeared, I wondered whether this person had given statement to the PJ.

Actually what I am trying to do is find independent witness of Maddie on the 3/5. And also witnesses statement of K&G movement on the 3/5.
IF they were having a family day, I want to know what K&G did after they drop off their kids in the creche.
We know Kate claimed they were playing Tennis in the afternoon, but what DID they do in the morning.
Any tips on how to locate Tapas Bar waiting staff statement? Did anyone claim to have seen Gerry having tea with his children sans Kate and the group?

is this what you´re looking for?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAN-STUK.htm

Invinoveritas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.04.12 15:26

Jean wrote:Hi Candyfloss. Dianne Webster is in the infamous "I'm not here to enjoy myself" mobile phone footage so she did travel with the McCanns and the Paynes.

Yes, thank you Jean thumbsup I was just looking it up and got muddled up, because she in fact hadn't booked with the rest of the group but had made her own plane reservation...............

DW witness statement 11th May 2007.........

She states that she made her own reservation, only with regard to the plane, via the Internet, unlike the other members of the group, whose reservations had been made through the Payne couple

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id261.html#tap14

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.04.12 16:43

@Invinoveritas wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
Kate's statement

is this what you´re looking for?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAN-STUK.htm

TY, Invinoveritas.

So it seems they played tennis throughout the day on 3/5 while the kids were left in creche, yet they didn't even bother taking their children to join the rest on the beach. Very strange.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.04.12 18:05

oaquim Jose Moreira Baptista

Place of Work: Tapas Bar, OC

Time/Date: 18H50 2007/05/06

Portuguese National

Comes to the process as a witness. He has worked as a waiter at the Tapas restaurant since 12th Feb 2007. His shift is from 16.00 - 24.00 except for Saturdays when he works from 11.30 to 19.00. The clients who frequent the restaurant are mainly English tourists staying at the OC resort.

When asked he says that he clearly recalls the appearance of the girl's parents, he does not know their names, together with a group of English tourists who generally accompanied them, as for almost a week prior to the disappearance they would dine practically every day in the Tapas restaurant. On the occasions he saw the group dining at the restaurant he never saw the children.

When asked, he says he does not remember ever having seen Madeleine's face, which only happened when he saw her photograph after the disappearance.

I am trying to read through witnesses statements to find out who saw Maddie having tea with her dad on 3/5?
Apart from Creche staff, obviously it would have to be serving staff at Tapas, and cleaner or receptionist who might have seen her.
If no one else (apart from creche staff) had seen her, then that raises plenty questions. Far as I know cleaner were turned away by Kate on 3/5.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 08.04.12 19:43

Aiyoyo wrote:

I too have been looking for independent witness statements that support Madeleine was alive on 3rd. Maybe it will turn out to be a dead end exercise but I wonder if we could start a fresh thread, something like 'Who saw Maddie on the 3rd of May?' Mod??

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.04.12 19:51

@Ribisl wrote:Aiyoyo wrote:

I too have been looking for independent witness statements that support Madeleine was alive on 3rd. Maybe it will turn out to be a dead end exercise but I wonder if we could start a fresh thread, something like 'Who saw Maddie on the 3rd of May?' Mod??

Good idea Ribisl. Please go ahead and start one thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 08.04.12 20:22

candyfloss wrote:Hi sami and welcome

Didn't DW take a separate flight as well? Or have I imagined that.

Hello Candyfloss and thank you for the welcome.

The independent witness is an interesting and important issue, imo. It is something that i looked at, some time ago now, and did not have much luck convincing myself anybody outside of the group said with certainity they saw Madeleine that day. It is worth looking at in depth, for sure.

Just with regard to those in the Ocean Club and Madeleine. In my line of work we have a new in-take of students each September. It takes a couple of weeks to put a face and a name together. The more, let me say, boisterous students you will know immediately, the other well behaved children take a little time. It is easy enough to recognise and name them whilst within the school grounds. However, during those first weeks meeting them outside of school it is often difficult to remember who exactly they are. You know, of course, they are a new student, but which one exactly is hard to determine.
Now these children are older, in their teenage years, so have an individual style, different hair cuts and colours, piercings etc. Usual teenagers.

I suppose what I am trying to say in a very long winded way is that there were numerous small, blond girls staying at the Ocean Club at that time. Being realistic how many people would recognise Madeleine with 100% certaintity, having only seen her for but a couple of days. Why would they even notice her, she would be just another small, blond girl on holiday with her parents.

At that age, they are small, blond and pink and often very hard to distinguish one from the other. In fact, I would go so far as to say even the creche staff, unless they specifically interacted and spoke to Madeleine, would just assume a little girl to be Madeleine from afar and might not necessarily be reliable. Likewise, the cleaners would not know her, once they saw three children in the apartment, they would probably assume they were all present and correct.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 09.04.12 8:55

Hi Sami and welcome
You might want to post the above on the newer 3rd May topic? It's all about how there is little or no independent evidence that Maddie was seen on that day. You could just cut and paste.
It' exactly what I think - and Bridgid Wilkins too mentioned some 10 little blond girls. The nannies aren't going to form a bond with any of them - those girls are there for a working holiday and what's the point of forming a bond with a toddler you're never going to see again?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 09.04.12 10:25

Thank you Tigger, I have done so.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 23.07.13 7:30

I'm bumping this up as the first few pages here are all about journalism in the case. David Smith has imo been spreading misinformation, not bothered to check facts and joined the red-tops in spreading the xenophobic message. The PJ not bothering to collect DNA and asking Gerry to do is for them in the UK!

Gerry was accompanied by a Leicester police officer - probably one of the liaison group. Even so imo there is no definite proof the DNA collected was Maddie's. That pink top which she had been wearing in the pool photo that day would have been ideal. But that was neither offered to the dogs to snif, nor did it ever make another appearance. Allegedly all Maddie's clothes were washed on Saturday the 5th - an action that goes right against the basic instincts of any mother.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 23.07.13 8:20

Yes indeed Tigger, there would have been loads of DNA in that top, given how Maddie would have perspired in the sunshine. And hairs in the hat.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum