The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Injunction maintained

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Injunction maintained

Post by jmbd on 18.02.10 18:52

Such excellent distraction by so many people on here - well done.

The book, video and things associated remain banned, despite lectures on the law in the UK, history of the law, personal opinion of the law in the UK etc.

This case was heard in Portugal - the very place where people expect the Mccann's to be tried, convicted and sentenced.

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 18.02.10 18:58

@Kololi wrote:Hi
I can't say that I am surprised at this outcome and the innocent until proven guilty principle remains intact because of it which is good but I do find it a bit alarming.

Where next? Us folks sharing opinions?

There is no proof of what happened to Madeleine McCann and by nature people will speculate, discuss and chat about what they think happened. If an ordinary person thinks that she died at the hands of her parent's will they be stopped from including that into a conversation in the future?

And as for respecting the law - You mean those laws made by a pompous bunch of bufoons who behave with less maturity than a gang of five year olds when sat discussing and deciding our future in our Houses of Parliament? Don't make me giggle - I have recently completed a diploma in English Law and I would say at least 65% of what we were taught was goobledeygook, non commonsensical and cared not an ounce for the victim of crime prefering instead to worry about the rights of the rats who committed it.

Take care

Kololi,

Surely the law isn't there to worry about the rights of the victim. There are organisations out there who do such. I always presumed that the law actually used a victim in order to secure conviction - a conviction designed to keep society as a whole safe and on the straight and narrow.

I don't consider the law to be a cuddly thing designed around the person. It wouldn't work if it was.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whoknowsthetruth on 18.02.10 19:02

Sowhere does this leave everyone? As Mr Bennetts book was based on Snr Amarol's book, srely that cannot go ahead now.
As for the insults and such, it was obvious to everyone what the outcome would be. Free speech had nothing to do with it.

whoknowsthetruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 18.02.10 19:03

It's interesting that kololi has just posted on a different thread "until we have a proper authority declare to the world this is what happened to Madeleine McCann"

After reading the previous description of opinion of the law what would be "a proper authority"?

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 18.02.10 19:04

the 35% that's not rubbish.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 18.02.10 19:05

@whoknowsthetruth wrote:Sowhere does this leave everyone? As Mr Bennetts book was based on Snr Amarol's book, srely that cannot go ahead now.
As for the insults and such, it was obvious to everyone what the outcome would be. Free speech had nothing to do with it.

Tony's new book is based on the translations of the files and extracts from Tanners statements - not (as far as I know not having read it) on the Amaral book.

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 18.02.10 19:06

Hi Vaguely
You have nailed it on the head.

I was told several times as I leapt and and down asking my tutor, "but what about the victim in all this" that the law has no relationship with the victim. I was gobsmacked as I had always believed the law was there to protect the general ne-er do wrong folk who ended up having their lives turned upside down by some crime of some sort.

Fortunately my tutor and I had respect for each other and the relationship developed well enough for him to allow his eyes to glaze while I had my little tantrum lol then when I stopped complaining he would ask if my soapbox was back in my bag and we would carry on like nothing happened....

Take care

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 18.02.10 19:07

@jmbd wrote:It's interesting that kololi has just posted on a different thread "until we have a proper authority declare to the world this is what happened to Madeleine McCann"

After reading the previous description of opinion of the law what would be "a proper authority"?

An investigating officer who has no reason to do anything other than investigate fairly and without prejudice?

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath on 18.02.10 19:08

No 'authority' can decide until she's found alive.
Or if she's found dead with enough clues to find the person(s) who's responsible for her death to get him/her/them convicted.

Yet an 'authority', the Judge, decided to keep the book and DVD banned, a decision based on evidence and on their (Portuguese) laws.

Cath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 18.02.10 19:08

After another nice diversion - will the translated copies of the book now be expunged from the internet?

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath on 18.02.10 19:08

No.

Cath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 18.02.10 19:08

A jury of twelve good men and true?

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 18.02.10 19:10

the 35% that isn't naff?

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 18.02.10 19:10

Our local bobby who I trust implicitly?

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 18.02.10 19:12

so you haven't decided on the proper authority - fine.

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 18.02.10 19:13

I imagine some website may be getting letters/emails very soon about the book content.

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 18.02.10 19:15

Noooo I have given you a choice of four - gosh no satisfying some people is there - how many authorities do you want?

And purely because I don't think you might have grasped something that I said earlier - our Judges do not sit in the House of Commons baiting each other like five year olds in a school playground.

Take care

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

'60 Reasons' and 'The Truth About A Lie'

Post by Tony Bennett on 18.02.10 19:16

@whoknowsthetruth wrote:Sow here does this leave everyone? As Mr Bennett's book was based on Snr Amaral's book, surely that cannot go ahead now.
No it wasn't. Most of it was drafted before Amaral's book was written, and in any case, even after it was published, I did not have any translation of his book available to me.

The report on 10 September 2007 by Tavares de Almeida gave cogent reasons for suspecting that Madeleine McCann had died in Apartment 5A. It has been available to the public for over 20 months and has probably been read by tens or hundreds of thousands on the internet. The McCanns have not injuncted it.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 18.02.10 19:18

@Kololi wrote:Noooo I have given you a choice of four - gosh no satisfying some people is there - how many authorities do you want?

And purely because I don't think you might have grasped something that I said earlier - our Judges do not sit in the House of Commons baiting each other like five year olds in a school playground.

Take care

I have only one authority - the court - it was you that questioned the courts and then refereed to an "authority".
I am happy to go with a court decision until it is proved false.

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Convicting the nasty

Post by Tony Bennett on 18.02.10 19:18

@Kololi wrote:
@jmbd wrote:It's interesting that kololi has just posted on a different thread "until we have a proper authority declare to the world this is what happened to Madeleine McCann"

An investigating officer who has no reason to do anything other than investigate fairly and without prejudice?
er...and has a history of successfully convicting nasty drug-dealers and child-murderers...

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 18.02.10 19:20

@jmbd wrote:
@Kololi wrote:Noooo I have given you a choice of four - gosh no satisfying some people is there - how many authorities do you want?

Take care

I have only one authority - the court - it was you that questioned the courts and then refereed to an "authority".
I am happy to go with a court decision until it is proved false.
Thus you support the arrest and detention of Robert Green in Aberdeen from 12 to 15 February on the trumped-up political charge of 'breaching the peace' (see Hollie Greig threads).

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 18.02.10 19:22

Did the court support that at a proper hearing?

Way to go Tony - injunction maintained thread.

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 18.02.10 19:22

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@whoknowsthetruth wrote:Sow here does this leave everyone? As Mr Bennett's book was based on Snr Amaral's book, surely that cannot go ahead now.
No it wasn't. Most of it was drafted before Amaral's book was written, and in any case, even after it was published, I did not have any translation of his book available to me.

The report on 10 September 2007 by Tavares de Almeida gave cogent reasons for suspecting that Madeleine McCann had died in Apartment 5A. It has been available to the public for over 20 months and has probably been read by tens or hundreds of thousands on the internet. The McCanns have not injuncted it.

I doubt anyone would have any reason to object to that report, in context it is what it as, a report written part way through an investigation before the evidence had finished being collected or analysed. The fact that what it suggested might be found, was not found once the work was completed is no-one's fault, it was a tool of the investigation, no more and no less.

the problem Amaral had was he didn't seem to realise that this was a speculative report and the possibilities mentioned did not come to be true. facts superceded speculation, as one might anticipate.

I'm not sure what your excuse is though?

hedge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whoknowsthetruth on 18.02.10 19:24

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Kololi wrote:

er...and has a history of successfully convicting nasty drug-dealers and child-murderers...

Mr bennett, Amaral is in court for fitting up the wrong person.And for torturing his last child killing case. Your examples are like your book,crap

whoknowsthetruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 18.02.10 19:26

The organs of government:

The legislature or Parliament whose duty it is to make law usually laws that favour people needing to clean their duck ponds.

the executive or Government whose duty it is to govern the country sometimes contains people who have duck ponds to clean

the judiciary or Judges who are independant of Parliament and whose role it is to apply the law and who are unlikely to have duck ponds that need cleaning.

Does that help and I am damn disappointed that I couldn't write it without having to check a book to refresh my memory - that's an age thing probably.

Take care

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum