The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Mm11

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Mm11

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Regist10

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Empty Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'

Post by Tony Bennett 03.04.12 20:45

Despite his earlier bid for Rangers being rejected, Brian "I play to win" Kennedy battles on, and is still one of five contenders to head up Team Rangers, according to tonight's BBC news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17601438

This sucessful man has played to win - and won - so many times.

The head of Team Everest.

The head of Team Latium.

The head of Rugby Union Team Sale Sharks, whom he built up to one of the nation's most successful rugby clubs.

Maybe soon, the Head of Team Rangers.

But amidst this stellar catalogue of success, there lingers one oustanding failure.

According to page 268 of Dr Kate McCann's book: 'madeleine', "On Wednesday 12 September, Gerry was contacted by Edward Smethurst, a commercial lawyer. He represented a businessman called Brian Kennedy...a successful entrepreneur who owned various companies, including Everest Windows and Sale Sharks Rugby Club".

This was an amazing coincidence, because every year since 2000, Smethurst had taken one of his annual vacations in an apartment in Praia da Luz, the village from which Madeleine was reported missing 7 years later. One is entitled to speculate, in fact, whether in that all-important first conversation between Smethurst and Dr Gerald McCann on 12.09.07, Smethurst may have opened by saying: 'Dr McCann, I've been meaning to contact you because, you know, Praia da Luz has been my preferred holiday destination for the past seven years".

One might also ask if during his seven vacations over there, Smethurst had ever met up with some of the regulars there, like Robert Murat and Martin Smith.

But, back to Brian Kennedy.

As Dr Kate McCann informs us, Brian "...had decided that he could no longer stand by and watch. He wanted to step in and help us financiallly and in any other way he could". When they met two days later, Brian told an emotional Dr Kate: "First of all we need to deal with all this stuff and get it out of the way. Then we need to concentrate on the most important thing: finding your daughter".

This powerful and very generous offer led Dr Kate to write: "I wanted to cry. Well, actually, I did cry".

How was it, then, that the successful Head of Team Everest, Team Latium, and Team Sale Shaeks has failed so badly as Head of Team McCanns's private investigation.

All the legions of private detectives used have come up with no definite ideas.

No idea who the abductor is.

No ideas as to where Madeleine might have been taken.

Nothing.

After nearly 5 years, setting up a permanent investigation HQ in Knutsford, Cheshire, and spending millions of pounds of the public's money...nothing at all

Yet he apparently blundererd by spending hundreds of thousands of pounds employing dodgy Spanish detective agency Metodo 3, and personally working closely with Metodo 3's lead private detective, Antonio Jimenez Raso, now serving 18 years behind bars in a Spanish jail for helping a gang of drug thieves to steal £25 million of cocaine from Barcelona harbour, whilst he was the Head of the Catalonian Police Anti-Drugs and Anti-Trafficking Unit.

Then there was the equally disastrous apparent blunder of paying Kevin Halligen over £500,000, when he was wanted for a $2 million fraud in the U.S.

Halligen has been in jail since October 2009, awaiting trial on the U.S.

To choose, as one of your leading private eyes, an utterly crooked top cop, looks like very bad judgment, putting it at its mildest.

To choose another wrong 'un, and pay him over five hundred grand, using money donated by pensioners giving up their weekly pension, and children giving up their weekly pocket money, looks...well, pretty bad.

It would appear, then, that as Head of Team McCann's investigation unit, he has been an abject failure.

Contrast that with his stunning record of business and sports club success and, well, it must simply be the exception that proves the rule.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Empty Brian Kennedy Stockport County latest

Post by mank 04.04.12 17:09

Hi Tony, it was reported today that Brian Kennedy is taking Sale Sharks away

from Stockport Counties Edgeley Park ground, moving them to Salford City Reds

Stadium, it looks like another nail in Counties' coffin Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  173510
mank

Activity : 34

Back to top Go down

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Empty Re: Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'

Post by Truthseeker2012 04.04.12 23:32

The purpose of the investigation was NEVER to find Madeleine, imo.
Truthseeker2012

Activity : 13

Back to top Go down

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Empty Re: Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'

Post by scotclogs 08.04.12 17:38

wft Kennedy can just keep his dirty mitts off Rangers angry2 they DON'T need the like's of him angry any way wont
that upset his old pal Gerry as he supports Celtic.
scotclogs
scotclogs

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Empty Kennedy wants Rangers - offers even more money

Post by Tony Bennett 18.04.12 22:40

Kennedy is still hunting control of Rangers Football Club:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17683898

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 19.04.12 7:23

I gather he only wants Rangers at a bargain basement price so hopefully he won't get his hands on this historic club. I am not a Rangers fan but I would hate to see Brian Kennedy get his mits on them. Much better that Murray or a real fan with passion owns a football club.

I speak from experience being a Wolves fan. Our owner is a complete muppet & is making a laughing stock of our once great club. angry2

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 19.04.12 7:49

Gillyspot wrote:I gather he only wants Rangers at a bargain basement price so hopefully he won't get his hands on this historic club. I am not a Rangers fan but I would hate to see Brian Kennedy get his mits on them. Much better that Murray or a real fan with passion owns a football club.

I speak from experience being a Wolves fan. Our owner is a complete muppet & is making a laughing stock of our once great club. Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  181747
Wolves could end up playing Stevenage Borough in the league next year.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 19.04.12 11:58

Or the Villa!

Sky have been showing BK in clips this morning. Haven't seen any reports yet on Tom Watson press conference on Dial M for Murdoch though on Sky!
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.04.12 18:03

Knights confirm Gers bid

Blue Knights join forces with Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy

Last Updated: April 27, 2012 4:14pm

Paul Murray: Leading the Blue Knights who have submitted a formal bid for Rangers
The Blue Knights confirmed on Friday that they have made a 'substantial' bid for Rangers.

The Blue Knights have joined forces with Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy to make the bid to the administrators of the SPL club.

The bid was submitted to the club's administrators Duff and Phelps at 3pm on Friday afternoon.

But they warn it is conditional on a CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement) and owner Craig Whyte's shares being acquired.

In a statement, the Blue Knights said: "We are pleased to announce the Blue Knights, led by Paul Murray and Brian Kennedy, have joined forces and have submitted a written offer to the lawyers of the administrators to purchase Rangers.

"This offer we consider to be substantial and conditional on a CVA being approved by the creditors and Craig Whyte's shares being acquired.

"We hope this is accepted so we may proceed with due diligence and make a start to the task of re-building Rangers."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,20876_7709868,0.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 27.04.12 21:58

candyfloss wrote:Knights confirm Gers bid

Blue Knights join forces with Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy

Last Updated: April 27, 2012 4:14pm

Paul Murray: Leading the Blue Knights who have submitted a formal bid for Rangers
The Blue Knights confirmed on Friday that they have made a 'substantial' bid for Rangers.

The Blue Knights have joined forces with Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy to make the bid to the administrators of the SPL club.

The bid was submitted to the club's administrators Duff and Phelps at 3pm on Friday afternoon.

But they warn it is conditional on a CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement) and owner Craig Whyte's shares being acquired.

In a statement, the Blue Knights said: "We are pleased to announce the Blue Knights, led by Paul Murray and Brian Kennedy, have joined forces and have submitted a written offer to the lawyers of the administrators to purchase Rangers.

"This offer we consider to be substantial and conditional on a CVA being approved by the creditors and Craig Whyte's shares being acquired.

"We hope this is accepted so we may proceed with due diligence and make a start to the task of re-building Rangers."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,20876_7709868,0.html
IMO Brian Kennedy really really wants control of Rangers F.C.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 27.04.12 22:19

He wants gerry as manager
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.12 0:48

Seems Brian Kennedy has lost.................

Exclusive

By ANDY DEVLIN

Published: 35 minutes ago

BRIAN KENNEDY has backed rival bidder Bill Miller to restore Rangers to their former glory.

The Sale Sharks owner joined forces with Paul Murray’s Blue Knights.

But they lost out to the American tycoon’s £11.2million offer.

Murray admitted he was surprised and disappointed to be KO’d by administrators Duff & Phelps.

But Kennedy last night told SunSport: “There’s no sour grapes on my part, none at all.

“My mission and aim was only to ensure that Rangers were rescued and spared from going into liquidation. That the club’s history and tradition remained intact.

“From that point of view, it’s very much mission accomplished.

“Mr Miller is a very credible businessman and he’s ticked all the boxes from an administrators point of view.

“He has already invested an awful lot of his time, money and effort into his bid for the football club.

“Yes, he has endured some very difficult times, but in my experience, the hard times only make you stronger.

“Rangers are now in good hands and ready to move forward.

“I believe Mr Miller to be a very good man.

“I would like to wish him, the team and the club every success for the future.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4298846/Brian-Kennedy-Hes-best-man-for-job.html#ixzz1twpKSou7
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Empty BRIAN KENNEDY: It's never over until the fat lady sings

Post by Tony Bennett 08.05.12 17:31

candyfloss wrote:Seems Brian Kennedy has lost.................

Exclusive

By ANDY DEVLIN

Published: 35 minutes ago

BRIAN KENNEDY has backed rival bidder Bill Miller to restore Rangers to their former glory.

The Sale Sharks owner joined forces with Paul Murray’s Blue Knights.

But they lost out to the American tycoon’s £11.2million offer.

Murray admitted he was surprised and disappointed to be KO’d by administrators Duff & Phelps.

But Kennedy last night told SunSport: “There’s no sour grapes on my part, none at all.

“My mission and aim was only to ensure that Rangers were rescued and spared from going into liquidation. That the club’s history and tradition remained intact. From that point of view, it’s very much mission accomplished"...
candyfloss, you should know by now that it's never over until the fat lady sings.

Or, in this case, it's never over until Brian Kennedy gets what he wants...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08052012/58/spl-miller-withdraws-rangers-bid.html

Look at the last line of the above report:

"The news will have come as a crushing blow to the club's administrators, with the rival offer from the Blue Knights and Kennedy now seemingly in a one-horse race".

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Empty Kennedy latest

Post by Tony Bennett 10.05.12 22:26

Grabbed from the BBC Football lead web page tonight:

Craig Whyte to part with Rangers shares

Rangers administrators Duff and Phelps say Craig Whyte has agreed to transfer his majority shareholding to two parties involved in takeover talks.

Duff and Phelps have indicated that four groups are interested in buying the ailing Ibrox club.

And Whyte's 85% shareholding in Rangers is required for the club to exit administration via a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA).

Whyte bought Rangers from Sir David Murray for £1 in May 2011.

"We have continued discussions with the parties remaining in the bidding process and good progress has been made," read a statement from Duff and Phelps.

"We can also confirm that Craig Whyte has confirmed that he will transfer his shareholding in Rangers Football Club to two of the parties and has indicated he would not be an impediment to a sale of the club.

"We will issue a further update for supporters tomorrow and can say that every effort is being made to conclude the sale of the club as quickly as possible."

Duff and Phelps hope to complete a sale by the end of the season, which ends on Sunday when Ally McCoist's side take on St Johnstone in Perth.

Brian Kennedy has had talks with Whyte over his shares but the Sale Sharks owner was reluctant to divulge details of those discussions.

"I have a confidentiality agreement with Craig and I intend to respect that," he told BBC Scotland.

Kennedy insists the bid he has made in conjuction with the Blue Knights, headed by former Rangers director Paul Murray, stands and that he has been informed he will hear by Friday morning whether it can proceed.

Previous bidder Bill Ng, a Singapore businessman, resurrected his interest in Rangers following Bill Miller's decision to abandon his preferred bidder status .

Joint administrator David Whitehouse revealed that the two other groups are new to the negotiations and have "connections" to the Glasgow club, with Whyte saying one party is a UK-based consortium.

Whitehouse also stressed that "Craig Whyte is not going to benefit from this process".

Miller's stated intention was to form a new company and when announcing the American as preferred bidder last week, joint administrator Paul Clark said that the "barriers to a proposed stand-alone CVA were too high".

Rangers entered administration on 14 February after HMRC lodged its petition over non-payment of around £9m in PAYE and VAT.

Whyte, previously disqualified as a company director for seven years, admitted selling tranches of future season tickets to the London investment firm Ticketus for £24.4m to effectively finance his takeover, using the money to wipe off Rangers' £18m bank debt to Lloyds Banking Group.

Ticketus claim Whyte gave personal guarantees in connection with the deal and plan to lodge a legal claim against him for £27m .

Murray later admitted making a "huge mistake" in selling to Whyte, claiming he had been "duped" by the Motherwell-born businessman.

In April, Whyte was banned for life from Scottish football , following a Scottish Football Association hearing into the club's financial affairs.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 11.05.12 2:30

Tomorrow Rangers are going to announce a London consortium who they have accepted....Does Kennedy and London have any connections? LOL
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Empty Defeat for Kennedy

Post by Tony Bennett 13.05.12 10:24

On Friday, Brian Kennedy was interviewed all over the Tv media, expressing barely concealed anger against the Directors of Rangers Football club - after his consortium's bid had been rejected in favour of one from Mr Charles Green and some fellow investors. Indeed, he spoke graphically of 'blood on the carpet' if Rangers went into liquidation after rejecting his bid.

But Rangers have indeed opted for Charles Green:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13052012/58/spl-rangers-takeover-deal-agreed.html

Has Kennedy been defeated at last in his bid to control Glasgow Rangers?

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 13.05.12 12:54

It looks he has been defeated!! I cannot stop laughing tbh

Here is an article from yesterdays Guardian which Dave Whitehouse says about kennedy "David Whitehouse, Rangers' joint administrator, has accused Brian Kennedy of pursuing a "very dangerous strategy" towards the Ibrox club, which could push them into liquidation."

This is interesting though "At the moment we have four bids and they [the Blue Knights] are fourth of four. The Blue Knights have been told time and time again that the bid is too low. They have adopted a strategy to try and bulldoze the process and railroad us through to submission."

bulldoze, railroad them through to submission...mmmm probably the same bulldozing he used on the all witnesses in the Maddie scam, he did get to every one it seems

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/12/rangers-bidder-administrator?newsfeed=true
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Empty Brian the Bulldozer

Post by Tony Bennett 13.05.12 13:17

jd wrote:This is interesting though "At the moment we have four bids and they [the Blue Knights] are fourth of four. The Blue Knights have been told time and time again that the bid is too low. They have adopted a strategy to try and bulldoze the process and railroad us through to submission."
So...

Brian 'Bulldozer' Kennedy ?

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 13.05.12 13:35

This is clearly his 'style' of work ethics which someone has been bold enough to reveal to the public. If only more would be so bold. Here is another 2 comments from that article

""Their offer is just not enough and to come out and say you've offered £11m is disingenuous to the fans. All I want do here is put the record straight and to state categorically that their bid has a value to creditors of £2m-£2.5m and it's too low. To say it's £11m is misleading."......'Bulldozer' Kennedy lying to the public

"Brian Kennedy is adamant he'll come back in. He's sure that his tactics will remove everybody from the frame but my concern is that if his tactics were to achieve that they could bring about the true liquidation of the club. It's very hard to see how HMRC could be persuaded to accept a bid of that ilk when there's an asset base that includes Ibrox and the Murray Park training ground"......'Bulldozer' Kennedy literally is bulldozing his competitors, no fair play or professionalism going on with him....Am sure any witness in the Maddie case reading this will be able to relate to the bulldozing!
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is STILL in the hunt to be in charge of 'TEAM RANGERS'  Empty STILL...STILL...Brian 'I play to win' Kennedy is fighting for control of Rangers

Post by Tony Bennett 23.08.12 7:56

jd wrote:It looks he has been defeated!! I cannot stop laughing tbh
jd, Brian Kennedy may have the last laugh on you. He STILL hasn't given up his hope of buying Rangers Football Club:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/brian-kennedy-admits-56m-bid-1167525

AND:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/334849/Kennedy-and-Green-at-loggerheads

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 23.08.12 15:35

He can have that 3rd division football club! Am not interested in the club itself but I am very interested in how brian kennedy does his business. Rangers are not scared to tell his 'business style' of working and trying to get what he wants.

He is 'misleading', he " tries and bulldozes the process and railroad us through to submission", he has "a very dangerous strategy", he likes his "confidential meetings ", he seems like a demon possessed in trying to get what he wants regardless. He has lost to Green’s Newco consortium in this case but still seems hell bent in getting what he wants! Really showing his true characteristics

It is interesting from the Rangers episode to get a true account of how he operates, how he shows no respect for anyone standing in his way nor does he have professionalism or integrity in his business dealings it seems. For Dave Whitehouse to say he 'bulldozes' his way through is very revealing indeed! Considering how very deeply kennedy got himself involved in the Maddie case with the police investigation and reading things like witnesses stating they 'feel like a pawn in a chess game', how certain events changed after one of his 'meetings'...one does not have to think too much!

jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 23.08.12 15:49

jd wrote:He is 'misleading', he " tries and bulldozes the process and railroad us through to submission", he has "a very dangerous strategy", he likes his "confidential meetings ", he seems like a demon possessed in trying to get what he wants regardless...For Dave Whitehouse to say he 'bulldozes' his way through is very revealing indeed! Considering how very deeply kennedy got himself involved in the Maddie case with the police investigation and reading things like witnesses stating they 'feel like a pawn in a chess game', how certain events changed after one of his 'meetings'...one does not have to think too much!
Not to mention, according to Mark Hollingsworth in the Evening Standard, August 2009:

The Evening Standard has spoken to several sources close to the private investigations that took place in the first year and discovered that:

* The involvement of Brian Kennedy and his son Patrick in the operation was counter-productive, notably when they were questioned by the local police for acting suspiciously while attempting a 24-hour ‘stake out’.

* The relationship between Metodo 3 and the Portuguese police had completely broken down.

* Key witnesses were questioned far too aggressively, so much so that some of them later refused to talk to the police.

* Many of the investigators had little experience of the required painstaking forensic detective work.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top