The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Just - Imagine...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just - Imagine...

Post by rainbow-fairy on 02.04.12 19:23

This topic is based on the NK interview - and the statement from Kate McCann that almost literally took my breath away.

During the interview, Kate and Gerry were asked about all the 'nasty headlines'.
Frederik asked 'What was the worst thing you read, what would be the very worst thing?'
K replies 'That she's dead'
Well that seems fair doesn't it? The worst thing you could hear is that she's dead.
BECAUSE - "I'll never hold her in my arms again" or "I'll know she is never coming home to us" or even "Because we'll know we've totally, completely lost her and I can't imagine a world without her"?
Oh no. Not Kate McCann. It was the worst thing Kate could read about her daughter BECAUSE -
"Then there would be no more search"!?!
That is actually what she said. Which is perverse. (If, of course, the 'search' is really about finding Maddie)
'The Search', surely, is what they are doing with the hope of finding Madeleine. So, say she was found alive - there would be no more search. Good thing, right?
BUT she is found DEAD and the reason that is bad is because 'there is no more search'!!! The only way that reads is that 'the search' is actually far more important to Kate than either the positive or negative result of said search!
So what about the search could be so important that she'd be gutted if it ended - the money, perchance?

Maybe tigger would like to copy this to forensic linguistics? I did feel it deserves a thread of its own though.

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just - Imagine...

Post by Guest on 02.04.12 19:31

I have copied it over for you rainbow-fairy thumbsup

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just - Imagine...

Post by tigger on 02.04.12 19:35

candyfloss wrote:I have copied it over for you rainbow-fairy thumbsup

Sorry Candyfloss, we must have done it at the same time. Can you delete mine?

When Rainbow Fairy gives a command, we jump to it! spin spin

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just - Imagine...

Post by rainbow-fairy on 02.04.12 19:44

@tigger wrote:
candyfloss wrote:I have copied it over for you rainbow-fairy

Sorry Candyfloss, we must have done it at the same time. Can you delete mine?

When Rainbow Fairy gives a command, we jump to it!
Lol - I just knew I'd be a great and powerful leader one day Wink

Thank you both of you.
What do either of you think?

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just - Imagine...

Post by tigger on 02.04.12 20:04

My first thought in her place would be: 'Then we would finally know and we can at least bury her close to us'
Or: 'Then all hope would be gone - '
Not' 'There would be no more search', the search seems to be the major subject of her thoughts, not the possible result.


____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just - Imagine...

Post by Ribisl on 02.04.12 20:12

Rainbow-Fairy - although I fully share your sentiment I don't think we should be too hasty in condemning her for this one statement. She was asked what was the worst thing she'd READ. So she answers that Madeleine was dead, which is very different from somebody coming up with a concrete proof of her death. Because if everybody started to believe she was dead then no more effort would be made to find her, which has been one of few consistent lines she has repeated time and again. On the other hand, if she knew that Madeleine was dead and she'd still said that, well that would be a clear sign of delusion, criminal intent and a whole lot more.

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just - Imagine...

Post by tigger on 02.04.12 20:16

I stand corrected, Ribisl - I missed the vital word 'read'.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just - Imagine...

Post by rainbow-fairy on 03.04.12 10:32

@Ribisl wrote:Rainbow-Fairy - although I fully share your sentiment I don't think we should be too hasty in condemning her for this one statement. She was asked what was the worst thing she'd READ. So she answers that Madeleine was dead, which is very different from somebody coming up with a concrete proof of her death. Because if everybody started to believe she was dead then no more effort would be made to find her, which has been one of few consistent lines she has repeated time and again. On the other hand, if she knew that Madeleine was dead and she'd still said that, well that would be a clear sign of delusion, criminal intent and a whole lot more.
A fair comment Ribisl.
However, I've been far from hasty - I watched the interview over a week ago and its been going round and round ever since. The only other comment I found anywhere near as 'WTF' was Gerry's last memory of Maddie as a photo!

Kate was quite clear. Had she said 'IF people think she's dead, there'd be no more searching' I could agree. If it was a headline 'We think Maddie is dead - Police' - same thing. But she actually said 'Because if she is dead, then there's no more search'. As I said earlier, if your child is dead there is no need for a search.
Linguistically its crystal clear what the meaning was.
I know I put a lot of store in linguistics, which is why I believe Dr Roberts analysis to be vital (and wish they were printed in media everywhere), I need to 'get' that not everybody puts great weight behind what people say.
However, combine body language and linguistics, and you are able to state with almost 100% certainty what didn't happen in this case.

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just - Imagine...

Post by Guest on 03.04.12 11:37

@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@Ribisl wrote:Rainbow-Fairy - although I fully share your sentiment I don't think we should be too hasty in condemning her for this one statement. She was asked what was the worst thing she'd READ. So she answers that Madeleine was dead, which is very different from somebody coming up with a concrete proof of her death. Because if everybody started to believe she was dead then no more effort would be made to find her, which has been one of few consistent lines she has repeated time and again. On the other hand, if she knew that Madeleine was dead and she'd still said that, well that would be a clear sign of delusion, criminal intent and a whole lot more.
A fair comment Ribisl.
However, I've been far from hasty - I watched the interview over a week ago and its been going round and round ever since. The only other comment I found anywhere near as 'WTF' was Gerry's last memory of Maddie as a photo!

Kate was quite clear. Had she said 'IF people think she's dead, there'd be no more searching' I could agree. If it was a headline 'We think Maddie is dead - Police' - same thing. But she actually said 'Because if she is dead, then there's no more search'. As I said earlier, if your child is dead there is no need for a search.
Linguistically its crystal clear what the meaning was.
I know I put a lot of store in linguistics, which is why I believe Dr Roberts analysis to be vital (and wish they were printed in media everywhere), I need to 'get' that not everybody puts great weight behind what people say.
However, combine body language and linguistics, and you are able to state with almost 100% certainty what didn't happen in this case.

I agreed 100 % with Ribsl, but after reading your last post over and over a few times, I defently got your point, and do agree, this defently fits the lingustics... Or a freudian slip...She almost manage to say what she was not thinking, but thats how our brain works , always trying to avoid lies, and she slips up and ends up saying some of her toughts anyway.

Good spottet Rainbow-fairy :)


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just - Imagine...

Post by tigger on 03.04.12 12:28

Same here, I do put great weight on what people say. Many times I've had alarm bells going off in my head by apparently innocuous remarks.

Unfortunately, always been right. With body language - it's unmistakable. I once knew I was being conned, simply because the man was sweating - I called him out on it and he just went off without the money he'd thought to get out of me. Without a murmur.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just - Imagine...

Post by Guest on 03.04.12 12:32

@tigger wrote:Same here, I do put great weight on what people say. Many times I've had alarm bells going off in my head by apparently innocuous remarks.

Unfortunately, always been right. With body language - it's unmistakable. I once knew I was being conned, simply because the man was sweating - I called him out on it and he just went off without the money he'd thought to get out of me. Without a murmur.

You should play Live Poker for a living Tigger big grin

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum