The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

my verdict and if they came clean

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How religions began

Post by Guest on 03.04.12 13:53

An interesting clip - the first of 3 - which isn't too complicated, even I can understand it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnn8Q6Y4U0g

Back to top Go down

Re: my verdict and if they came clean

Post by Ribisl on 03.04.12 14:51

@aiyoyo wrote:
@Ribisl wrote:Thanks tigger. Will see if Amazon have got a Kindle version. A timely read for the Easter weekend!
Have you read "God is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" by Christopher Hichens?

Gosh, don't start.
My OH is a scientist who believes God is Men created, not the other way round. He will have field days over the subject of religions.
As for me I believe there is repercussion and consequence for one's action be it this life or another one.

Has anyone read Bertrand Russell "Why I am not a Christian?"

Yes, when I was younger and more impressionable.

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my verdict and if they came clean

Post by rainbow-fairy on 03.04.12 18:47

@Ribisl wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@Ribisl wrote:Thanks tigger. Will see if Amazon have got a Kindle version. A timely read for the Easter weekend!
Have you read "God is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" by Christopher Hichens?

Gosh, don't start.
My OH is a scientist who believes God is Men created, not the other way round. He will have field days over the subject of religions.
As for me I believe there is repercussion and consequence for one's action be it this life or another one.

Has anyone read Bertrand Russell "Why I am not a Christian?"

Yes, when I was younger and more impressionable.
I've read 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins - what a pile of poop!
Why do some 'scientists' say "Well, we've proven evolution - therefore there can't be a God"? I never understand why the two can't co-exist.
FWIW, I believe there is 'something' - and I'm not a Christian (though I was christened as a babby) I'm a Pagan. To say you only have morals with religion is nonsense - I'll agree with Dawkins on that one - in fact I'd say I'm more moral than most of the 'christians' I know - but hey maybe I'm just unlucky and the ones I know are dodgy Wink

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum