The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Portugese refuse collection Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portugese refuse collection Question

Post by turnaround on 28.03.12 19:15

Again not sure where to put this from 50 facts page.

30. When they heard about the dogs’ findings, the McCanns reacted strangely, claiming that…
· The ‘smell of death’ may have been found on Kate’s clothes because she was said to have been close to six corpses in her last two weeks at work, on the pink soft toy ‘Cuddle Cat’ because she ‘sometimes took Cuddle Cat to work’, or that the ‘smell of death’ could have come from rotting meat that Gerry McCann was taking to the local rubbish dump from time to time

Has any of these ?statements been followed up?
Don't they have refuse collection in portugal?

turnaround

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugese refuse collection Question

Post by turnaround on 28.03.12 19:25

Ok, I may have misinterpreted this fact. It could have been in the UK where they went to the rubbish dump from time to time. Seems that they may not of heard of scented nappy bags then laughat

turnaround

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 28.03.12 19:52

I am sure someone else will have the specific answer but in Spain the rubbish is collected daily - every area has a couple or three large central bins and you dump your rubbish in them. These get emptied daily because of the heat so I imagine in areas of Portugal it's the same.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 28.03.12 20:41

There have been answers to this question, don't know where to find it, but I gather that there are large bins placed at regular intervals where household rubbish is collected by the PdL council.

The story of the cadaver odour came via the McCanns of course through their unofficial press agents - the family - probably Philomena who also duly reported the broken shutters and so on.
The McCanns already had these tactics in place on the night of the 3rd, when family was told of the incompetence of the PJ, the shutters and so on.
A common device in politics to enable the people in question to answer questions without the risk of being held to account for false reporting.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 28.03.12 21:06

Of couse Clarence Mitchell was "a friend of the family" and a "source" close to the McCanns as he has admitted lately during the Leveson media coverage.

Does make you wonder whether the journalists have him on tape saying some of the more contentious of his (not publicly attributable) statements.

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by turnaround on 28.03.12 22:02

I have found this from Martin Grimes statement about his profession and keela the sniffer dog...

The most poignant being :
When 'Keela' was nine months old she was tasked to search an open fishing boat, contaminated by rotting fish flesh and BLOOD.
A missing person was believed to have killed on the boat.
The dog located and alerted to a blood sample that was so small that when LOW
COPY analysed was reported as being PRIMATE and an uncompleted sample.
There are only two scenarios to suit this find. The blood was either human or a gorilla went out in a boat fishing ! !

So, the dog can smell through rotten meat!

I hope they get whats coming to them pray2

turnaround

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 29.03.12 8:10

Open maps.google
put in the search box the following co-ordinates (copy and paste)
37.088185, -8.731049
That gives you the tapas bar.
Immediately south of that is a parking area with four green bins.
If you then mouse around the area you will see green and yellow bins in almost every car parking area.
That is how it works in the south of Europe

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug on 29.03.12 8:14

@tigger wrote:There have been answers to this question, don't know where to find it, but I gather that there are large bins placed at regular intervals where household rubbish is collected by the PdL council.

Tigger, it is from Michael Wright's (Kate's cousin's husband) statement:

"There are various rubbish recycling/dump areas and we used these:

- two trash bins at the villa, one at the main entrance and the other at the top of the hill;
- one area on the cemetery road;
- one area above the Mark Warner complex, and
- one area between the villa and the church.

The visiting gardener always generated garden rubbish and this was usually leaves and grass. Gerry and I would usually take this rubbish to the bin at the top of the property.

I never observed anything strange in the vehicle at any time that I was in it.

I noted some unpleasant smells on a number of occasions which I think have come from the twins' nappies. Discarded nappies were collected in rubbish bags and held until thrown into the rubbish bins, thereby provoking smell."

I have always thought that getting rid of garden rubbish in a rented villa was a funny thing to do and that should be the gardener's job? And nappies hanging around long enough to become unpleasant is just plain scummy! Why on earth would they be "collected in rubbish bags and held until thrown..."? Surely you would get rid of a soiled nappy immediately? It isn't evident from his statement whether the "unpleasant smells" came from the car or the villa.

Genbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum