The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Catholic Church and Abuse, found today in Focus, a German magazine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Catholic Church and Abuse, found today in Focus, a German magazine

Post by Invinoveritas on 17.03.12 18:40

as a therapeutic action, the Catholic Church in the Netherlands castrated at least 10 boys in the 1950's, the "victims had previously been sexually abused by members of the church.
"To heal alleged homosexual inclinations", the Catholic Church in the Netherlands, according to media reports has allowed the castration of several boys. As the newspaper "NRC Handelsblad" wrote on Saturday, at least 10 such cases from the 1950s are known. They were minors who had previously had been sexually abused in Catholic schools and boarding schools by members of the Church. The surgical operations were made in church-run psychiatric hospitals with the aim to liberate the children"" from their illness.
http://www.focus.de/politik/ausland/grausame-heil-methode-niederlaendische-kirche-lies-wohl-jungen-kastrieren_aid_725030.html

How sickening can one get? Words fail me

____________________
"A voyage of discovery is not just seeing new sights - it is seeing familiar sights with new eyes." Proust

Invinoveritas

Posts : 374
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Nowereland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Catholic Church and Abuse, found today in Focus, a German magazine

Post by Spaniel on 17.03.12 19:39

Why did the priest who married them, jet out to Portugal, and who footed the bill?

I'm quite sure that my parish priest wouldn't have left thousands in his parish to come to my aid. Even to the warm, sunny climes of Portugal, he would still have been wearing his robes. Certainly not shorts.

So why did he?

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Catholic Church and Abuse, found today in Focus, a German magazine

Post by tigger on 17.03.12 19:39

@Invinoveritas wrote:as a therapeutic action, the Catholic Church in the Netherlands castrated at least 10 boys in the 1950's, the "victims had previously been sexually abused by members of the church.
"To heal alleged homosexual inclinations", the Catholic Church in the Netherlands, according to media reports has allowed the castration of several boys. As the newspaper "NRC Handelsblad" wrote on Saturday, at least 10 such cases from the 1950s are known. They were minors who had previously had been sexually abused in Catholic schools and boarding schools by members of the Church. The surgical operations were made in church-run psychiatric hospitals with the aim to liberate the children"" from their illness.
http://www.focus.de/politik/ausland/grausame-heil-methode-niederlaendische-kirche-lies-wohl-jungen-kastrieren_aid_725030.html

How sickening can one get? Words fail me


For balance, I'd have to point out that in the 1950's homosexuality was illegal in the UK, homosexuals were treated in psychiatric institutions with electric shock treatment which would have been hilarious if it wasn't so awful.
They'd be shown a photograph of a naked man and then given an electric shock, on seeing a photograph of a naked woman, they'd hear some nice music.
Didn't work.
Alan Turing, possibly the world's greatest mathematician, was forced to choose between prison or chemical castration, he choose poison instead. He'd worked at Bletchley and discovered chaos theory. This again was 50's Britain.

Yet Edward Heath was warned he shouldn't go cottaging if he wanted to make it to the top - no problems there apparently as long as you have the right contacts.

I am recently even more disgusted at the lack of useful measures to stop Robert M. currently on trial in Amsterdam, complaining that he either had to commit suicide or give in to his 'urges'. He's in his twenties and has admitted sexually abusing 67 children from just a few weeks old to about two years old. The age limit was mainly to prevent his victims talking. He managed to get a job as a creche assistant.
At present the court case is grinding to a halt since he insists only the victims themselves should speak in court (according to law) even though an exemption has been made by the court so that the parents can speak for their abused children.
The law seems to be working in favour of the criminals far too often. Paedos cannot be cured - anyone for chemical castration?

Incidentally, these operations in NL could only have been carried out with the help of a totally RC hospital, I'm pretty sure that it would not have been legal without a court decision. Can't be 100% on that but even in the 50's and early 60's, homosexuality was accepted but not talked about. Certainly not a cause for judicial interference.




____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Catholic Church and Abuse, found today in Focus, a German magazine

Post by anil39200 on 17.03.12 20:54

the Netherlands again....join the dots..

and this is the "religion" to which our ex PM converted and to which two doctors are so publicly devout......with apologies to any real believers, I have had my doubts about the Catholic Church for many years and the more I learned about the history and practices, the more those doubts have solidified...........the trouble being, that if you are able to be absolved, it can be license to act in any manner.

anil39200

Posts : 388
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Catholic Church and Abuse, found today in Focus, a German magazine

Post by Ribisl on 18.03.12 6:55

Moldova introduces chemical castration for paedophiles

6 March 2012 Last updated at 18:11 GMT
Many Moldovans believe their country has become a tourist destination for sex offenders from abroad
Moldova's parliament has voted to make chemical castration compulsory for those convicted of violently abusing children under 15.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17278225

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Catholic Church and Abuse, found today in Focus, a German magazine

Post by tigger on 18.03.12 7:21

@anil39200 wrote:the Netherlands again....join the dots..

and this is the "religion" to which our ex PM converted and to which two doctors are so publicly devout......with apologies to any real believers, I have had my doubts about the Catholic Church for many years and the more I learned about the history and practices, the more those doubts have solidified...........the trouble being, that if you are able to be absolved, it can be license to act in any manner.

The original concept of Christianity required celibacy of all Christians as the 'end of days' was expected rather soon, when Christianity first came to the UK - this was not required, women had equal status with men and Celtic Christianity imo was one of the most liberal and enlightened forms.

Just as church choirs are hunting grounds for paedophiles, so are boy scouts and other other youth groups. I'm not RC - so we'd need one to tell us exactly what the confession and absolution is about.

I don't understand the 'NL again ..' - it's not limited to this country, just because prostitution is seen as a necessary evil and controlled by councils rather like an industry - doesn't mean that anything goes. Recently the whole of the red light district was surrounded by police and women and girls 'imported' from various countries were able to be released from their pimps. By legalizing it the 'workers' were given rights - rather better than the dangerous underworld of large British cities.
On the other hand, the Arnhem council decided to move their red light district to an industrial estate - regular customers were interviewed on tv! One of them a pensioner who had a weekly meeting with one of the 'girls'.
Imo paedophilia is on the increase around the world. The secret brotherhoods of these paedo rings protect these criminals.





____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Catholic Church and Abuse, found today in Focus, a German magazine

Post by Guest on 18.03.12 9:09

@tigger wrote:
@anil39200 wrote:the Netherlands again....join the dots..

and this is the "religion" to which our ex PM converted and to which two doctors are so publicly devout......with apologies to any real believers, I have had my doubts about the Catholic Church for many years and the more I learned about the history and practices, the more those doubts have solidified...........the trouble being, that if you are able to be absolved, it can be license to act in any manner.

The original concept of Christianity required celibacy of all Christians as the 'end of days' was expected rather soon, when Christianity first came to the UK - this was not required, women had equal status with men and Celtic Christianity imo was one of the most liberal and enlightened forms.

The other theory is that the apostles in particular Peter was jealous of her relationship with Jesus and Mary Magdeleine and that he branded her as a prostitute to discredit her and embarked on the patriarchal structure to ensure that she and other women had no place in the decision making within the organization.

Just as church choirs are hunting grounds for paedophiles, so are boy scouts and other other youth groups. I'm not RC - so we'd need one to tell us exactly what the confession and absolution is about.

I think the belief is that we come into the world as sinners and baptism washes those sins away. When a child reaches the age of reason (usually 7) and they can distinguish right from wrong their conscience should guide them along with the 10 commandments as to what is right and wrong. When you commit a sin then you must confess to a priest who will absolve you in the name of god. The priest then issues the penance, usually some prayers and once you have completed your penance you are absolved of your sins and in this state you are free to receive the holy communion sacrament. Catholics would be reassured that the priest could never break the seal of the confessional as in could never reveal those confessions to another person no matter what the sin was. This was designed to ensure that all sins were confessed and forgiven. And the confessions were made in a darkened place where the confessor couldn't be seen. If you die in a state of grace having confessed all of your sins you will go to heaven no matter what the past sins were. But if you die having not confessed you may not be so lucky.

I don't understand the 'NL again ..' - it's not limited to this country, just because prostitution is seen as a necessary evil and controlled by councils rather like an industry - doesn't mean that anything goes. Recently the whole of the red light district was surrounded by police and women and girls 'imported' from various countries were able to be released from their pimps. By legalizing it the 'workers' were given rights - rather better than the dangerous underworld of large British cities.
On the other hand, the Arnhem council decided to move their red light district to an industrial estate - regular customers were interviewed on tv! One of them a pensioner who had a weekly meeting with one of the 'girls'.
Imo paedophilia is on the increase around the world. The secret brotherhoods of these paedo rings protect these criminals.





Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Catholic Church and Abuse, found today in Focus, a German magazine

Post by anil39200 on 18.03.12 10:31

Sorry, I should have explained myself better, I was only referring to Netherlands in respect of there being some connections with the case overall, there soz .

anil39200

Posts : 388
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Catholic Church and Abuse, found today in Focus, a German magazine

Post by anil39200 on 18.03.12 10:55

Tigger,
Sorry, half my post disappeared,
....there seem to be a few connections with the Madeleine case regarding the Netherlands..I am sure none connected with this, and of course you are right, these vile crimes against children do seem both on the increase and worldwide. I apologise and meant no disrespect to Netherlands.

anil39200

Posts : 388
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Catholic Church and Abuse, found today in Focus, a German magazine

Post by anil39200 on 18.03.12 11:00

Sorry, Molly too, not doing well today. Think I will go lie in a dark room for a while and recover from my senior moments. what

anil39200

Posts : 388
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum