The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Judge orders immediate return of books - March 14 2012

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Judge orders immediate return of books - March 14 2012

Post by rainbow-fairy on 28.03.12 13:20

candyfloss wrote:Joana Morais has just tweeted this in reply to book publisher G & P.....................

Joana Morais‏@xklamationReply

@GeP_editores E os 7.500 livros que foram banidos pelos #McCann? Já estão de volta? A Isabel Duarte já os entregou? Amanhã acaba o prazo!

In reply to Guerra & Paz

Google translation.............

And the 7,500 books that were banned by McCann #? Are back? Isabel Duarte already gave them? Tomorrow ends the run!

I actually don't understand this tweet - are they asking if the books are back (which is how it reads) or stating they have been returned?

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 28.03.12 14:55

@aiyoyo wrote:Meaning Amaral's Publisher got them back.

Gosh...I wish to be as spider on ID's wall. Her evil face must be thunderous and murderous and God helps anyone who crosses her path now unless they sedate her to calm her down.

What's betting the mccanns wont announce it.

The mccanns must know their libel case is a foregone conclusion. They cant stupidly expect a ruling for the books to be taken away again.

The way I see it, if it is not final, the court wouldn't have ordered them return. It means the Court grants that Amaral is fully entitled to his human right to free speech.

I wonder if this means the book can now be printed in the UK or can the McCanns stop the publication for another few years as in Portugal. I would like to be able to buy a number of the books to give to friends and family who are still a bit "iffy" as to whether Madeleine was actually abducted or not. They don't spend hours on their computers, completely obsessed, for every bit of new news like some of us.

I know it's available in English on the internet, but it runs to 57 pages - a lot to print off. My toners don't last very long!

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 28.03.12 15:14

Actually it does not matter whether Amaral's book is going to be available for the UK audience or not IMO because if there is going to be a charge later then its best to avoid jeopardy situation.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 28.03.12 20:24

@rainbow-fairy wrote:Hmmm - what on Earth is Duarte playing at? Don't they risk up to five years imprisonment for failing to return court property?
I'm beginning to think EVERYBODY connected with the McCanns think they are above the law...

They absolutely do, and nothing demonstrated this more than the Tapas exchange of letters with the PJ regarding the reconstruction. The police were mighty shocked by their complete arrogance. In fact, there doesn't seem to be a single person connected to the Mc's that doesn't have some sort of delusional issues. We could be in the middle of a scorching heatwave in July, and they'd insist there was six foot of snow on the ground!! It is the aura of superiority these people possess that pretty well defines the whole case.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 28.03.12 23:35

Gosh...I wish to be as spider on ID's wall. Her evil face must be thunderous and murderous and God helps anyone who crosses her path now unless they sedate her to calm her down.

The mccanns must know their libel case is a foregone conclusion. They cant stupidly expect a ruling for the books to be taken away again.

The way I see it, if it is not final, the court wouldn't have ordered them return. It means the Court grants that Amaral is fully entitled to his human right to free speech.

I don't think she is saying that. Have they been returned yet? Has ID already delivered? The dealine ends tomorrow (ie today)

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 29.03.12 10:06

I've just googled to see what news there is on this.................and I can't find ANYTHING! Was this reported by the media over here? Surely this is'news'?

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 29.03.12 10:33

@worriedmum wrote:I've just googled to see what news there is on this.................and I can't find ANYTHING! Was this reported by the media over here? Surely this is'news'?

the british papers dont do truth

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.03.12 19:52

@Ribisl wrote:

I don't think she is saying that. Have they been returned yet? Has ID already delivered? The dealine ends tomorrow (ie today)

oh thanks.
Wonder what game ID is playing. The penalty is up to 5 year jail sentence for contempt of court. That really leaves one wondering whether she still has the books.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.03.12 9:46

Joana [email=Morais‏@xklamation]Morais@xklamation[/email]
So where's the #McCann press release to the UK media saying they lost yet another court battle to stifle free speech, & where are the books?

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 30.03.12 10:23

Geez, ID must think she's above the law. Or she's hoarding those books as if they were gold blocks that she cant let go.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 30.03.12 11:31

candyfloss wrote:Joana [email=Morais‏@xklamation]Morais@xklamation[/email]
So where's the #McCann press release to the UK media saying they lost yet another court battle to stifle free speech, & where are the books?

Just don't understand this. If one didn't know better, it could seem as though Duarte (though the McCanns paid lawyer) is trying to help Amaral. Quite apart from the possible 5 year sentence for CoC, this is going to look sooo bad when the Court case with Goncalo comes up!
As well as that, IF these books still exist, who is paying for the storage? The 'fund'? You'd think they'd be glad to have one less expense wouldn't you? They really are playing with fire here. Even IF the books were returned yesterday, leaving it till the last minute of the deadline shows a pathetic arrogance. That arrogance will be their downfall, mark my words.
Tony should use this in court himself, to show what the McCanns think of 'Court Orders' if they don't benefit them directly. They've basically stuck two fingers up at the Portuguese Judiciary - I hope they get snapped off.

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum