The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SMITH SIGHTING BEING MENTIONED AGAIN - Page 2 Mm11

SMITH SIGHTING BEING MENTIONED AGAIN - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SMITH SIGHTING BEING MENTIONED AGAIN - Page 2 Mm11

SMITH SIGHTING BEING MENTIONED AGAIN - Page 2 Regist10

SMITH SIGHTING BEING MENTIONED AGAIN

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SMITH SIGHTING BEING MENTIONED AGAIN - Page 2 Empty Re: SMITH SIGHTING BEING MENTIONED AGAIN

Post by tigger 13.07.13 18:06

sally66 wrote:Does anybody else think the Smith sighting is GM but just a seriously flawed idea they had to give the impression of an abductor not expecting anybody to see him that close

IMO it is a true statement and to go with that it was GM but I can't imagine he would carry his deceased daughter in plain view so I can only think they hatched the plan of an abductor being seen from a distance at the last minute and to be blunt cocked it up

Hence the JT sighting to counteract the Smith sighting

It doesn't make any sense but I can't really think of anything else

I think JW was a nuisance as at that point they were meant to be busy setting the scene

I've never believed it was Maddie, there were two perfectly comatose children to choose from, I think it was Sean as the larger one. With  a long-sleeved pyjama top unlike the Eeyore pyjamas of Maddie which were short sleeved.
Reasons: As early as 11.40sh Gerry complained there were no dogs.
The hurriedly discarded beige trousers on the bed.
Gerry's clothes would have had cadaver odour on them which would not be washed out (Kate's clothes must have been washed several times and retained the scent) and if he wanted dogs at that early stage, imo there was no corpse to find that night.
Not anywhere near OC in any case.
Asking for dogs that early on would indicate for me that there was a scent for the dogs to follow. A scent laid on purpose?
It might help with the police, broken shutters, egg/bundle man seen by friend, rude man seen by independent witness(es), dogs following trail from 5a to PdL
None of it really worked, Eggman was placed at latest possible time for JW to be included as independent witness and PdL sighting was  to be ignored as too dangerous.

What if it had worked? If the shutters were broken and open, the Eggman seen at around 9.30 - 9.40, the PdL man around 9.55 and the dogs following a trail from 5a to PdL. We might be seeing it back to front. If at the last moment the Smith sighting had to be ignored, then a much earlier meeting with JW would have to suffice.
Suddenly they're short of a check at 9.30 with MO stepping into the breach and now the window of opportunity has narrowed to an impossible few minutes. Nothing for it but to stick with it if you'd like to keep your one independent witness. I think JW - as he certainly refuses to agree to 9.10/9.15 really was independent and he did complain about the manner in which he was contacted by TM.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

SMITH SIGHTING BEING MENTIONED AGAIN - Page 2 Empty Re: SMITH SIGHTING BEING MENTIONED AGAIN

Post by loopzdaloop 13.07.13 18:12

sally66 wrote:Does anybody else think the Smith sighting is GM but just a seriously flawed idea they had to give the impression of an abductor not expecting anybody to see him that close

IMO it is a true statement and to go with that it was GM but I can't imagine he would carry his deceased daughter in plain view so I can only think they hatched the plan of an abductor being seen from a distance at the last minute and to be blunt cocked it up

Hence the JT sighting to counteract the Smith sighting

It doesn't make any sense but I can't really think of anything else

I think JW was a nuisance as at that point they were meant to be busy setting the scene

I think it was Gerry carrying his 'sleeping' daughter to that building the police searched that used to have a fridge freezer in it which was got rid off. I believe she was stored there until they got the scenic at which point they hid or disposed the body, possibly in that pet cremator
loopzdaloop
loopzdaloop

Activity : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 13.07.13 20:36

all sounds sadly, credible. Putting a square peg in round hole dosent work, much as some may want.spin As for TM interfering with witnesses, I find that odd and hopefully will not be allowed at all now full investigation uk !
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 18.07.13 0:55

Brian kennedy actually contacted Mr Smith asking him to take part in photofit ? I mean surely SY will stop anything like this again.The beige trousers did seem to be just flung on bed in photos so cant see why they are not people of interest !spin
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

SMITH SIGHTING BEING MENTIONED AGAIN - Page 2 Empty Going daft?

Post by listener 16.10.13 12:41

Thought I might post this here, most likely for ridicule!

Recently (in the last few years), when reading posts about the 'Smith Sighting', I often thought the time was wrong.
You see I have always believed that in 2007 or 2008 I had read an initial statement from the Smiths along the lines of - "We left the Dolphin restaurant and decided to have a last drink in Kellys Bar before heading home "BUT IT HAD JUST CLOSED" (or - "we had just missed last orders") so we headed back home via Travessa das Escadinhas. And it was after they crossed Rue 25 de Abril into Rua da Escola Primaria that they passed the man carrying a child!
So that put the sighting after 10pm (probably about 10 mins past 10)!

So now that I have read their official statements on the McCann Files, which says they did have a drink in Kellys, and having unsuccessfully found anything saved in my own 'files', I am feeling very confused. How could I have been so mistaken, for so long?

If I initially read that they had a drink in Kellys, I would surely have wondered who served them etc., because Kellys was my 'local', my 'ex' worked there and we stayed in Rue 25 de Abril, about 20 yards from the sighting!

It's worrying that I can't trust my thoughts/memories thinking
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 16.10.13 12:48

This is ringing a loud bell to me too hmmm will have to have a look around.
Going out in a min but will have a delve later.

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 16.10.13 12:57

bristow wrote:This is ringing a loud bell to me too hmmm will have to have a look around.
Thanks bristow,
I'm still very sure of what I read - they did not have a drink in Kellys (they were too late) - but everything now says I am wrong!
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 16.10.13 13:06

listener wrote:
bristow wrote:This is ringing a loud bell to me too hmmm will have to have a look around.
Thanks bristow,
I'm still very sure of what I read - they did not have a drink in Kellys (they were too late) - but everything now says I am wrong!
didn't they have a till receipt or am I thinking of something else

There is a copy of the receipt on  gerrymaccanblogs.co.uk
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by windchime 16.10.13 13:11

You are not going mad - I remember reading this somewhere too but have no idea where or when!  Sorry to be of little help but at least you know you are not going potty!!
windchime
windchime

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB 16.10.13 13:51

sheila.edwards wrote:The Smith sighting is credible to me, but if as has been suggested he may have been friend of murat,it would cast some doubt.
According to the Smith Family they weren't friends
However, contrary to media reports, Mr Smith had not seen chief suspect Robert Murat in a bar the evening that Madeleine was abducted.He definitely didn?t see him on the night in question,? said a family member.

The family are also mystified at reports that he knows Mr Murat.They met once in a bar about two years ago.

My dad would only know Mr Murat by sight, said the family member.However, from what he knows, he can say that the man who was carrying the child was not Robert Murat.
http://thesmithsighting.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/httpwww.html?m=1
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top