The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.


Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by jmbd on 14.02.10 20:14

I think it was argued about what a travesty of justice it was when he couldn't take the stand at the original injunction hearing.

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by vaguely1 on 14.02.10 20:15

@jmbd wrote:did sofia attend court on any of the days?

I was wondering the same - and presume not as she didn't appear in any footage.

Not that she should, but I thought that maybe she would.

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by jmbd on 14.02.10 20:17

@vaguely1 wrote:
@jmbd wrote:did sofia attend court on any of the days?

I was wondering the same - and presume not as she didn't appear in any footage.

Not that she should, but I thought that maybe she would.

No reason for her to be there - but if the Mccanns don't go back to hear the decision then they are shite.

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by vaguely1 on 14.02.10 20:45

Now I have to go and look back through your posts work out if that's sarcasm or if you're a bit strange....

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by jmbd on 14.02.10 20:48

sarcasm

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by vaguely1 on 14.02.10 20:49


____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by jmbd on 14.02.10 20:50

strange woman in hat shouting and screaming.

personal letter to Kate woman no where to be seen.

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by Kololi on 14.02.10 20:56

@whoknowsthetruth wrote:
@Kololi wrote:Gerry McCann: Where is the child? We are looking for that evidence. Where is the child? What other explanation can explain how she is not here?

He really is not prepared to consider any other outcome other than an abductor is he.

Madeleine may have got out of that apartment and goodness knows what may have occured then but he will not entertain anything other than the abductor theory.

Take care

Just going through this thread so you may see serveral replies from me (sorry). Whilst you say Gerry is not prepared to look at other alternatives to an abductor, there are some that are not prepared to look to see if there was an abductor

Hi Whoknowsthetruth
I agree totally with your comment and some of the nonsense said does leave me wondering who is really at the front of people's thoughts. Is it the truth of what happened to Madeleine or is it Mrs McCann's choice of shoes today that bothers them more.

I am guilty too as I still lean more towards the idea that the little girl might have got out of the apartment herself and met her fate. I do actually think that could be where some abductor comes into play but I am as stubborn as those convinced the abductor entered the apartment and as stubborn as those who think her parents were deliberately up to some awful nonsense to get rid of her. To be honest I have not seen nor read anything that convinces me of either of those explanations yet and can only go by my maternal instinct that I think might come through if I was in the McCanns shoes, and that would be that I would want every possibility considered.

This will sound dreadful but I do wonder if her remains lie somewhere, if she is dead of course, that she could be denied a final resting place because everybody is looking for a live Madeleine. I know that people who believe the abduction theory will slap me and say the MCanns need hope and all that stuff but blimey what hope is there if the other scenario has actually occurred for her remains to be found - and none of us know for sure what did occur.

They say as part of the greiving process you go through several stages, two of which are denial and bargaining. Is this what we are witnessing? I promise I will never leave my children again if she can be found alive and of course the no evidence of harm to her may be denial but then I am no pshycotherapist and am only guessing.

Take care

Kololi

Posts : 677
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by marigold on 14.02.10 23:01

Did the Mccanns say they would take the stand and then didn't? Yes they did so why the vitriol for Goncalo? He's not running scared that's obvious. He was expected to run away like all the others but he didn't. They thought they'd shut him up and were rubbing their hands in glee at the thought of all the dosh about to go into the bank. sorry fund, but he is made of stronger stuff. I bet they wish they hadn't gone for him now. All the details coming out of how British as well as Portugese police suspected them and a British profiler sending a report saying the Mccanns should be investigated for a possible homicide and were likely to be implicated due to contradictions in Gerry mccann's statements. No good them trying to insinuate that Goncalo Amaral is a lone detractor of their crazy abduction scenario any more. The cat is out of the bag.

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by Cath on 14.02.10 23:11

No. Their lawyer said they'd take the stand if Amaral went first.
He didn't.

Cath

Posts : 597
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by jmbd on 14.02.10 23:14

Thank God the cat is now out of the bag.

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by bunny on 14.02.10 23:15

and the British officer had to point out to the PJ that it was normal policing procedures to investigate parents in the case of a missing child.

Amaral said he wanted to have the chance to take the stand in court. When they called his bluff (they agreed to take the stand if he also did) he must have declined.

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by marigold on 14.02.10 23:19

Inyx wrote:No. Their lawyer said they'd take the stand if Amaral went first.
He didn't.

Didn't really have to did he? His witnesses said it all.

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by marigold on 14.02.10 23:20

@bunny wrote:and the British officer had to point out to the PJ that it was normal policing procedures to investigate parents in the case of a missing child.

Amaral said he wanted to have the chance to take the stand in court. When they called his bluff (they agreed to take the stand if he also did) he must have declined.

And is it normal to add that there are discrepancies in statements that point to parental involvement?

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by bunny on 14.02.10 23:20

Marigold, they certainly did. I particularly liked the prosecutors take on events thumbsup

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by Cath on 14.02.10 23:22

@marigold wrote:
Inyx wrote:No. Their lawyer said they'd take the stand if Amaral went first.
He didn't.

Didn't really have to did he? His witnesses said it all.

Ah, but who could defend that book any better as the writer? Or his motives for writing it?

Cath

Posts : 597
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by marigold on 14.02.10 23:23

@bunny wrote:Marigold, they certainly did. I particularly liked the prosecutors take on events thumbsup

You would lalala

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by jmbd on 14.02.10 23:24

@marigold wrote:
Inyx wrote:No. Their lawyer said they'd take the stand if Amaral went first.
He didn't.

Didn't really have to did he? His witnesses said it all.

they certainly did - was it 2 more new criminal actions that started because of what they said?

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by bunny on 14.02.10 23:26

@marigold wrote:
@bunny wrote:and the British officer had to point out to the PJ that it was normal policing procedures to investigate parents in the case of a missing child.

Amaral said he wanted to have the chance to take the stand in court. When they called his bluff (they agreed to take the stand if he also did) he must have declined.

And is it normal to add that there are discrepancies in statements that point to parental involvement?
Are you referring to Lee Rainbow.....sorry, I'm confused.

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by jmbd on 14.02.10 23:27

of course you have to remember that it was not just Amaral - v - Mccanns

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by Cath on 14.02.10 23:35

@ jmetc Indeed. But if he hadn't written the book there wouldn't have been a case, is it?

Cath

Posts : 597
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by marigold on 14.02.10 23:38

@bunny wrote:
@marigold wrote:
@bunny wrote:and the British officer had to point out to the PJ that it was normal policing procedures to investigate parents in the case of a missing child.

Amaral said he wanted to have the chance to take the stand in court. When they called his bluff (they agreed to take the stand if he also did) he must have declined.

And is it normal to add that there are discrepancies in statements that point to parental involvement?
Are you referring to Lee Rainbow.....sorry, I'm confused.

Yes Lee Rainbow. He whos reports read that there were discrepancies in GM's statements that lead him to believe that there was a likelihood of homicide and Mccanns involvement in same.

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by jmbd on 14.02.10 23:51

whatever happened to Harrison - it used to be him that was credited with pointing the finger at the Mccanns.

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by Snowy on 15.02.10 0:55

Mark Harrison did not actually point the finger at anyone.
He was called in with the express request to evaulate the seach strategy already carried out and to draw up a new one based on the idea that the child could be dead, rather than alive. Previous searches had been based on the idea she had either wandered or been kidnapped and was being held locally.
At no point does he ever go on record as saying 'look she'd dead, stop looking for a live child'. That particular gloss has been written in hindisght, by people who chose not to read what he actually said in his statement. He was given a brief by a very senior figure in the PJ, and he followed it. He was assisted by other UK and PT officers and by a PT University. They focused on likely areas for burial or disposal of a body.

Snowy

Posts : 64
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Running Scared - Vid Outside Lisbon Court 10th Feb

Post by marigold on 15.02.10 1:37

@Snowy wrote:Mark Harrison did not actually point the finger at anyone.
He was called in with the express request to evaulate the seach strategy already carried out and to draw up a new one based on the idea that the child could be dead, rather than alive. Previous searches had been based on the idea she had either wandered or been kidnapped and was being held locally.
At no point does he ever go on record as saying 'look she'd dead, stop looking for a live child'. That particular gloss has been written in hindisght, by people who chose not to read what he actually said in his statement. He was given a brief by a very senior figure in the PJ, and he followed it. He was assisted by other UK and PT officers and by a PT University. They focused on likely areas for burial or disposal of a body.

The cold plain facts are, in a missing child case with no evidence whatsoever of an abduction it's extremely likely that the parents ( or family or friends) are involved. This is a statistical fact. Whichever way you lot want to wriggle out of this truth unless abduction is proved then it's highly likely that the parents are involved, whether you like it or not.

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum