The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by tigger on 14.02.13 17:41

Cartas Rog. 27 Vol III

[...] A search of the crime location and information system only indicates that Mr McCann was the victim of a theft of golf clubs from inside his car in the drive way to his home on 01/04/2006. Criminal Reference NQ/010145/06-9
unquote

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.10.13 21:25

Bumping this as someone was asking about the sports bag.

Back to top Go down

travel cot bag

Post by MissDaisy on 29.10.13 21:31

I wonder if both the travel cot bags were accounted for in the apartment. They look like the picture in the following link and are used to store travel cots when not in use.
http://m.online4baby.com/arinclude/dl/uploads/wpim1t/image1large_1741p7v9TG75Jl.jpg/as/Hauck%20Travel%20Cot-mickey%20blue%20travel%20bag.jpg

MissDaisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina on 29.10.13 23:40

I don't think it looks a bit like a travel cot bag. Totally different proportions. The point is, where is that photographed bag? And the equally 'disappeared' pink blanket. 

Impossible to believe convenient theft after the crime scene photos were taken.. So many glaring bits of ridiculousness.

Christina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by listener on 30.10.13 0:48

@Christina wrote:The point is, where is that photographed bag? And the equally 'disappeared' pink blanket. 
One could reasonably add - and where did her DNA disappear to? We were told he had to go back to Rothly Towers to get a sample? (saving a persons life on the plane and having his wallet stolen during this short trip)! Where was that cash machine in London and why was he in that area?, can't remember.

listener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina on 30.10.13 1:05

Indeed, Listener! DNA, wallet, missing Hubbard computer, dead dog, reputations, blanket, blue bag.. WTF? I'm sure there's plenty I've missed out. Add purposeful muddling throughout. 

The bag is just one more mystery in this sorry mess.

Christina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 10.06.15 6:47

Thank you Christina, just when you think you know everything there is to know, something else turns up. 

The Hubbards' missing computer?  That is very interesting, would make a lot of sense imo. Anyone know?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 10.06.15 9:17

@tigger wrote:Thank you Christina, just when you think you know everything there is to know, something else turns up. 

The Hubbards' missing computer?  That is very interesting, would make a lot of sense imo. Anyone know?
His computer was stolen. Why do you think that makes sense? You expect anything else than boring sermons

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.06.15 9:28

How many people in the know lime spotlight do we know whose computers are stolen?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T on 10.06.15 10:30

@tigger wrote:Thank you Christina, just when you think you know everything there is to know, something else turns up. 

Martin Brunt, Crime Correspondent
Thursday May 01, 2008

I don't suppose it will distract them from their endeavours this weekend, but two of Kate and Gerry McCanns' closest friends in Praia da Luz have been burgled ahead of the Madeleine anniversary.

Anglican priest Haynes Hubbard and his wife Susan lost a computer that contains personal and confidential email exchanges between the two couples.

The laptop also held notes on which Father Hubbard was basing his sermon about Madeleine at the weekend.

Mrs Hubbard is concerned, too, about private telephone numbers stored on a mobile that was also stolen.

The Hubbards became great friends and comforters of the McCanns in the days after Madeleine's disappearance and have kept in touch since Gerry and Kate returned to the UK.

I interviewed Father Hubbard several times and he was always a rather serious guy.

His wife was quite different.

One afternoon I spotted her emptying an impressive bag of bottles beside the recycling point at the end of the promenade.

"Oh no," she gasped in mock horror. "Vicar's wife in secret booze scandal."

She didn't strike me as the Amy Winehouse type.

But, then, I've never heard her sing.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id103.html

Not only a computer but a phone as well hmm.

Rufus T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 10.06.15 10:32

@lj wrote:

His computer was stolen. Why do you think that makes sense? You expect anything else than boring sermons
The Hubbards are or were very involved with the case. Susan Hubbard testified in court, despite having small children herself, did all sorts of things for Kate. Including bothering potential witnesses. 
She also visited Kate frequently in the UK. To me it looked more as if she was her minder than anything else. 
The general tone of her husband - there is a radio interview in which he says: 'when I came into the presence of the McCanns..' is imo most peculiar. 
As they were so helpful, it's quite possible that some of the McCanns' computer/email traffic went through his computer. 
I feel that the Hubbards were far more in the loop than it may seem. the Rev. himself slipped up when he said 'they have two  errm three lovely children' in one interview. 

GA also said at one point: 'The priests staged it all.' Together with Hubbard there were at least another two. 
http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.nl/2009/06/chapter-16.html

I feel that any loss connected to the McCanns in the early days is of interest.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 10.06.15 10:35

Anglican priest Haynes Hubbard and his wife Susan lost a computer that contains personal and confidential email exchanges between the two couples.

Luckily the McCanns will have copies of these exchanges.

And if he used GMail or Hotmail they will be on the host server.

I'm sure OG has examined all these exhanges... I'm sure...

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 10.06.15 15:45

@BlueBag wrote:

Luckily the McCanns will have copies of these exchanges.

And if he used GMail or Hotmail they will be on the host server.

I'm sure OG has examined all these exhanges... I'm sure...

I don't know - not too hard to encrypt messages and why and how should OG access the Vicar's pooter? They'd need clearance.  However the above information (thanks - it really was news to me) is strange. Why should it have contained confidential information? 
In my book 'Father' Hubbard was one of the troops mobilised to help the McCanns. Just my opinion.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 10.06.15 22:02

@tigger wrote:
@lj wrote:

The Hubbards are or were very involved with the case. Susan Hubbard testified in court, despite having small children herself, did all sorts of things for Kate. Including bothering potential witnesses. 
She also visited Kate frequently in the UK. To me it looked more as if she was her minder than anything else. 
The general tone of her husband - there is a radio interview in which he says: 'when I came into the presence of the McCanns..' is imo most peculiar. 
As they were so helpful, it's quite possible that some of the McCanns' computer/email traffic went through his computer. 
I feel that the Hubbards were far more in the loop than it may seem. the Rev. himself slipped up when he said 'they have two  errm three lovely children' in one interview. 

GA also said at one point: 'The priests staged it all.' Together with Hubbard there were at least another two. 

I know and have spoken with a family that lives in Luz and they have told me that, were it not for the support that the McCanns received from the Hubbards and the friendship between the families they would have thought that the McCanns and/or their close friends would have had something to do with Madeleine's disappearance. And they have told me that others in the local community are/were of a similar opinion. 

It would seem that the support of the local clergyman and his family (among other things) put the McCanns above suspicion. 

Hmmm......

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 10.06.15 22:07

[...]It's the tennis bag that's of particular interest here. Martin Brunt explains that the missing bag is one of two important lines of enquiry for the police.

That was December 23rd 2007. On December 24th 2007, in a Daily Telegraph report, the McCann family was quoted as saying that the tennis bag was not the focus of the police investigation.Clarence Mitchell put in a strange twopenn'rth.
"But Clarence Mitchell, the spokesman for Madeleine's parents, dismissed the report, insisting that Gerry had never owned such a bag."
"As far as Kate and Gerry are concerned, there is no missing tennis bag," he said.
"They came back from holiday with everything except of course, tragically, Madeleine."
------

Oh, but if Clarence Mitchell says they never owned such a bag, then it must be true! 

lol4

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 10.06.15 22:13

It is revealed that police want to trace a blue tennis bag allegedly taken from Kate and Gerry McCann's apartment on the night Madeleine went missing. Detectives think the hold-all could have been used to carry Madeleine as she was taken away, or even to transport the three-year-old's body. It belonged to the girl's father but has not been seen since the night of May 3, according to a Sky News documentary due to be broadcast on Christmas Eve.
Expert Tony Rogers, who reviews unsolved cases for British police and worked on the Soham investigation, said: "If it's a bag of a size that could be used to take a child away from the flat, that would be of great interest to the investigating officer.

------

Interesting to hear more from 'expert' Tony Rogers who worked on the Soham investigation...

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.06.15 22:24

Sky News will never be heard of again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean on 10.06.15 22:39

Amy Dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 10.06.15 23:08

Neigh - nothing new there!  Far more logical assumption than carrying the body of a dead child through the streets of an unfamiliar location, not knowing who might see you.  Never mind a family leaving a bar on route back to their abode, could have been a police patrol in the vicinity.  Who would take such a risk?

Sports bags, I think, are available in all kinds of fabric.  Very handy if a bag happened to mimic the composition of a body bag, meaning something that could reduce or even prevent body fluid seepage or penetration.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 11.06.15 1:49

@tigger wrote:
@lj wrote:

I see what you mean. Yes, they were as kind of minders especially for Kate. So it might well be true. 
As far as the theft goes I don't think it was very early, somehow I seem to remember it was in the time Dr. Amaral's dog was killed.

The Hubbards give me the ibby-jibbeys or however you say that.

Mod:   re: "The Hubbards give me the ibby-jibbeys..."   Correct spelling here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksmGt2U-xTE

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 11.06.15 7:02

All they had to do was say "oh you mean this one here..."

Because they obviously brought it back from holiday, CM never lies. 

They could have put a picture on their web site to get people off their back (they could have done this with lots of things - I know I would have).

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 11.06.15 7:20

Spot the difference... can anyone explain this?

I've heard it claimed this was the bag in the wardrobe. 

It's from a later time (daylight - next day?)

There are three new things in this picture and may belong to the photographer?

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.06.15 7:33

That's exactly it. All they needed to say was 'you mean this one'. However, although the photographs don't show the doors wide open, my guess is that the GNR saw the bag properly as the report states they searched the apartment. 

Instead we get the usual confused series of excuses making the importance of the bag a distinct possibility.
There was no bag. it was lost. Errm there was no bag. Iirc Mitchell helped to clarify it.  Umph.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.06.15 7:39

@Portia wrote:
@tigger wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@tigger wrote:J
Portuguese newspaper Diaria de Noticas reports that the Policiaria Judiciaria have been searching for months for a blue tennis bag, with sufficient size to carry a small child, which belonged to Gerry McCann. The story, advanced by Sky News, adds that Gerry McCann assured PJ investigators at the time that the bag had been "stolen".
Was there a PJ officers statement about this ?  

I haven't seen it in the files, so it may well be withheld. David Smith was usually well informed. Sky news would be Brunt and he did report about the missing bag at the time. Since Dr. Amaral seems to find it of importance, I'm hoping that such a statement of theft would be in the files.
The statement of theft certainly is in character imo.

Didn't GM report a theft of a bag with golfclubs from his car at some point too?
Sorry, just added this, I'm sure that Mitchell restated the stolen bag around December or so.

From the timelines in mccannfiles.com: 

23/12

It is revealed that police want to trace a blue tennis bag allegedly taken from Kate and Gerry McCann's apartment on the night Madeleine went missing. Detectives think the hold-all could have been used to carry Madeleine as she was taken away, or even to transport the three-year-old's body. It belonged to the girl's father but has not been seen since the night of May 3, according to a Sky News documentary due to be broadcast on Christmas Eve.
Expert Tony Rogers, who reviews unsolved cases for British police and worked on the Soham investigation, said: "If it's a bag of a size that could be used to take a child away from the flat, that would be of great interest to the investigating officer." But McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell flatly denied that Mr McCann had lost a bag during the family's holiday. He said: "As far as Kate and Gerry are concerned, there is no missing tennis bag. They came back from holiday with everything except of course, tragically, Madeleine."
Mr McCann told friends yesterday that he did not take any tennis equipment to Praia da Luz, and did not own a blue tennis bag. But Sky News stood by its story, which it said came from sources who had travelled to the resort after Madeleine's disappearance.
Portuguese newspaper Diaria de Noticas reports that the Policiaria Judiciaria have been searching for months for a blue tennis bag, with sufficient size to carry a small child, which belonged to Gerry McCann. The story, advanced by Sky News, adds that Gerry McCann assured PJ investigators at the time that the bag had been "stolen". 

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T on 11.06.15 8:07

lj - the Martin Brunt report about the Hubbard theft was from May 2008 hth. I posted it on this thread the other day.

Rufus T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum