The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

tapas reservation sheets

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by russiandoll on 24.06.12 9:13

Apologies to sami whose quote I did not put in quotation marks.......it was sami, not me, who made the excellent point about the overnight -only sickness which cleared up quickly so daytimes could be enjoyed as usual. I merely added a remark to the very good point made by another member.
One thing bothering me, a lot of what we are seeing which clearly the PJ and SY have seen does not amount to evidence. Good speculation and theorising, but not the evidence needed to establish a crime by any particular person/s.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by tigger on 24.06.12 9:42

@russiandoll wrote: Apologies to sami whose quote I did not put in quotation marks.......it was sami, not me, who made the excellent point about the overnight -only sickness which cleared up quickly so daytimes could be enjoyed as usual. I merely added a remark to the very good point made by another member.
One thing bothering me, a lot of what we are seeing which clearly the PJ and SY have seen does not amount to evidence. Good speculation and theorising, but not the evidence needed to establish a crime by any particular person/s.

That's why I think the Fund is the key point. Fraud leaves a trail. Tax evasion leaves a trail. The Fund is solid proof.

The DNA is a dead duck and imo one of the most glaring miscarriages of the entire investigation.
Samples are never thrown out if the result is ambigious. This is why cases from decades ago can still come to court due to improved techniques.
Contamination is impossible as a reason for the above. All laboratory staff has their DNA recorded and thus contamination can be detected and discounted from any sample. It is also quite unlikely that all the samples were contaminated.

There is very little which will stand up in court - the McCanns themselves no doubt think they've lost anyway. All they've ever done was to achieve the lifestyle, the celebrity, the A list, rubbing shoulders with royalty, presidents and the like.
A sporting life in the Algarve in between jetting to conferences, giving lectures, having a film made about one's martyrdom. All gone. All that's left is Rothley and becoming more and more toxic to the press, the friends one once had and the celebrities who once supported them. The public too, is getting bored with the same old story. The show is over for them too, even a new sighting won't sell more papers now.

Here's another question:

It's all very well to supply us with 'age advanced' photographs of Maddie, but what about supplying Maddie with some age advanced photograph of her parents? Just five years on and they couldn't possibly play themselves at the time of their daughter's disappearance.



____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by sami on 25.06.12 10:00

@russiandoll wrote: Apologies to sami whose quote I did not put in quotation marks.......it was sami, not me, who made the excellent point about the overnight -only sickness which cleared up quickly so daytimes could be enjoyed as usual. I merely added a remark to the very good point made by another member.
One thing bothering me, a lot of what we are seeing which clearly the PJ and SY have seen does not amount to evidence. Good speculation and theorising, but not the evidence needed to establish a crime by any particular person/s.


Hello Russiandoll, there is no apology necessary. Yes all we have is speculation and theories but they are very important issues. We can have no doubt that it was speculation by the PJ and UK police in the early days in PDL that ultimately led to the arrival of the Eddie and Keela and the rest is history as they say.

The day we stop speculating though, is the day the McCanns will sleep happy. I hope history will show that when Madeleine finds justice we can look back in hingsight and say that sites such as this, discussions, speculation and theories by people in places such as this, is what ultimately kept the case alive, while her parents shelved it.

Had Healy and McCann been allowed to, they were quite happy to easy jet it back to Rothley, live off the fund, a few annual trips here and there to countries where Madeleine was most unlikely to be, and just generally live the celebrity lifestyle. Speculation has helped to put a damper on that.

What is really in the files that were with-held ? We do not know. It is difficult to speculate how things will turn out, one thing I am fairly confident about at the moment though, is that the winds of change have started to blow and if I were in Healy and McCanns shoes I would be looking for shelter.
Just my theory.

sami

Posts : 965
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by bobbin on 25.06.12 11:36

@sami wrote:
@russiandoll wrote: Apologies to sami whose quote I did not put in quotation marks.......it was sami, not me, who made the excellent point about the overnight -only sickness which cleared up quickly so daytimes could be enjoyed as usual. I merely added a remark to the very good point made by another member.
One thing bothering me, a lot of what we are seeing which clearly the PJ and SY have seen does not amount to evidence. Good speculation and theorising, but not the evidence needed to establish a crime by any particular person/s.


Hello Russiandoll, there is no apology necessary. Yes all we have is speculation and theories but they are very important issues. We can have no doubt that it was speculation by the PJ and UK police in the early days in PDL that ultimately led to the arrival of the Eddie and Keela and the rest is history as they say.

The day we stop speculating though, is the day the McCanns will sleep happy. I hope history will show that when Madeleine finds justice we can look back in hingsight and say that sites such as this, discussions, speculation and theories by people in places such as this, is what ultimately kept the case alive, while her parents shelved it.

Had Healy and McCann been allowed to, they were quite happy to easy jet it back to Rothley, live off the fund, a few annual trips here and there to countries where Madeleine was most unlikely to be, and just generally live the celebrity lifestyle. Speculation has helped to put a damper on that.

What is really in the files that were with-held ? We do not know. It is difficult to speculate how things will turn out, one thing I am fairly confident about at the moment though, is that the winds of change have started to blow and if I were in Healy and McCanns shoes I would be looking for shelter.
Just my theory.

Love it, your theory in a nutshell. I'd also be looking for a hammer to nail the roof timbers down. This wind is going to be a hurricane when it finally kicks off.
Yes, it is 'speculation' such as this, which has stopped the McCs from just walking off into the sunset, no cares, no worries, a pocket full of greenbacks and more in the (offshore) bank.
Maddy needs the 'tenacity' that we will not relinquish until she can be offered the dignity and justice that she so innocently deserves.

bobbin

Posts : 2031
Reputation : 128
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by PeterMac on 25.06.12 12:00

Redwood had a reputation for "closed case" enquiries. That is why he was chosen. Let us keep that in mind.
Sleep well Tapas 7, Mitchell, Trustees, solicitors, and all others who are involved.
One day the truth will be told.
Not just a "version", but the whole truth.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 149
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by Guest on 25.06.12 15:39

@PeterMac wrote:Redwood had a reputation for "closed case" enquiries. That is why he was chosen. Let us keep that in mind.
Sleep well Tapas 7, Mitchell, Trustees, solicitors, and all others who are involved.
One day the truth will be told.
Not just a "version", but the whole truth.
***
Amen.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by russiandoll on 28.08.12 21:09

Don't know why but I still have a thing about these tapas booking sheets. I simply do not understand the need for itemising the diners. Someone suggested it might be to show the named guests had actually eaten what was included in the holiday package........it would not matter to MW would it, if guests who had a meal included in their holiday price had not dined there but gone to eat elsewhere? As for my own suggestion of individual billing purposes, that also is unnecessary imo as in a restaurant you book a table with one name, write down the number of diners so you arrange a suitable table, you do not take individual food orders by name but bring food and ask whose is the steak etc...even with a large party.
As for individual billing for drinks and extras, a waiter would simply bring the bill and one of the diners would say it was their shout and present a card or cash for payment. imo there is no need for all the diners to be named. It is weird.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by tigger on 27.01.14 16:38

Well, I'm getting a 'thing' about the Tapas sheets as well RD.

We just discussed Sagres, Zaival.

Then this from another topic today:

Jeanmonroe wrote:

She said: "Gerry phoned me and said, 'There's been a disaster. It's a disaster'. I thought there had been a car accident. He was hysterical. It took me a while to realise. He just said 'Madeleine has been abducted from her bed'." Unquote
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
It's weird though. They didn't have a hire car. They weren't due to travel to or from the airport that day. Why would her first thought be that there had been a car accident? Maybe mine would be too, maybe that's the number one reason for alarming late night phone calls? Just struck me as odd, that's all.
Unquote

Then there are the widely differing accounts of the Tapas being booked - a tall man with a child on Sunday or Rachel M on Monday.

Then the almost thought they wouldn't get in on the fatal night.

The textusa blog on the impossible round table.
The quiz night on Tuesday which is the same night Chaplins have a quiz night.

And now this car business.

As the printing of those iconic photos was also neatly supported by MW - getting their staff to say they'd done it and convienitly losing the printer, it's possible that the Tapas story is not at all what it seems.
Chaplins also had a Happy Hour.

Then there is the MW employee who came downto Chaplins to tell them their children were crying.

Then the McCanns make a big thing of not knowing where the church is - right next to Chaplins.....

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by sar on 27.01.14 18:18

@tigger wrote:Well, I'm getting a 'thing' about the Tapas sheets as well RD.

We just discussed Sagres, Zaival.

Then this from another topic today:

Jeanmonroe wrote:

She said: "Gerry phoned me and said, 'There's been a disaster. It's a disaster'. I thought there had been a car accident. He was hysterical. It took me a while to realise. He just said 'Madeleine has been abducted from her bed'."  Unquote
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
It's weird though. They didn't have a hire car. They weren't due to travel to or from the airport that day. Why would her first thought be that there had been a car accident? Maybe mine would be too, maybe that's the number one reason for alarming late night phone calls? Just struck me as odd, that's all.
Unquote

Then there are the widely differing accounts of the Tapas being booked - a tall man with a child on Sunday or Rachel M on Monday.

Then the almost thought they wouldn't get in on the fatal night.

The textusa blog on the impossible round table.
The quiz night on Tuesday which is the same night Chaplins have a quiz night.

And now this car business.

As the printing of those iconic photos was also neatly supported by MW - getting their staff  to say they'd done it and convienitly losing the printer, it's possible that the Tapas story is not at all what it seems.
Chaplins also had a Happy Hour.

Then there is the MW employee who came downto Chaplins to tell them their children were crying.

Then the McCanns make a big thing of not knowing where the church is - right next to Chaplins.....
Again....this springs to mind


"Were the McCanns at Chaplins when Madeleine was crying?" video is interesting

sar

Posts : 473
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2013-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by Jayneykul on 29.01.14 10:25

Can anyone please explain (I appreciate it probably isnt of great relevance but it has been puzzling me) why if the block booking for the tapas was a gesture of goodwill on the part of the staff why the party were then so blaze about the times they turned up. The booking was for 8.30 but on the evidence they seemed to pitch up as and when they pleased?

Jayneykul

Posts : 20
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by tigger on 29.01.14 11:34

@Jayneykul wrote:Can anyone please explain (I appreciate it probably isnt of great relevance but it has been puzzling me) why if the block booking for the tapas was a gesture of goodwill on the part of the staff why the party were then so blaze about the times they turned up. The booking was for 8.30 but on the evidence they seemed to pitch up as and when they pleased?

I think the Textusa article on the Big Round Table - which cannot be fitted into the Tapas Bar - is relevant here. They's got clips of Brunt in the Tapas  where he seems to be hinting that unaccountably all the tables are square or rectangular.
I think MW has  bent over backwards to fit the evidence to the story as told.
Just like the photographic printer, the USB key ready with the image, the two accounts of the member of staff in question differ.
The member of staff who confirmed that a tall thin man booked on the Sunday - TM made it Rachel on Monday. Clear indication imo of two parties not communicating but having the same goal: prove there was a block booking. Which apparently has never happened before or since...

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by Guest on 29.01.14 12:02

@tigger wrote:
@Jayneykul wrote:Can anyone please explain (I appreciate it probably isnt of great relevance but it has been puzzling me) why if the block booking for the tapas was a gesture of goodwill on the part of the staff why the party were then so blaze about the times they turned up. The booking was for 8.30 but on the evidence they seemed to pitch up as and when they pleased?

I think the Textusa article on the Big Round Table - which cannot be fitted into the Tapas Bar - is relevant here. They's got clips of Brunt in the Tapas  where he seems to be hinting that unaccountably all the tables are square or rectangular.
I think MW has  bent over backwards to fit the evidence to the story as told.
Just like the photographic printer, the USB key ready with the image, the two accounts of the member of staff in question differ.
The member of staff who confirmed that a tall thin man booked on the Sunday - TM made it Rachel on Monday. Clear indication imo of two parties not communicating but having the same goal: prove there was a block booking. Which apparently has never happened before or since...

I'm afraid the Textusa blog has some weird quality of writing that renders it virtually unreadable to me. Is the author English? I find it too hard going to persevere with.

Regarding the Tapas sheets, I'd agree with everything said on this thread by Aquila and Russian Doll; the weird mixture of Portuguese and English is disconcerting too. One thing I always mean to say when this comes up is that in my experience of working in restaurants there is normally a diary in which advance bookings are made; these are then made up just ahead of service into a more formalised "table plan". What we are looking at here is the table plan; it's possible there is/was also a less formally written up version and that explains how Irwin got in ahead of McCann despite the block booking.

Of course all the above is rendered moot by the fact that advance bookings supposedly weren't allowed.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by Guest on 29.01.14 12:15



From the SY thread. Notice the building in the background? That is the correct Portuguese spelling of Restaurant, with the additional "e". You will also see Ristorante used, which is somewhat more phonetic. So even the "Tapas Restaurant" heading is written in English (OK, technically French...) along with "high chair", "Tuesday" and "inside".

Could be something, probably nothing.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: tapas reservation sheets

Post by Jayneykul on 29.01.14 12:50

The tapas bookings are very fishy (pardon the pun) why would you allow such a concession to these people and then go further in allowing them to roll up as and when it suits? It seems strange that other guest werent complaining this lot were getting priority treatment for whatever reason if the evidence is taken on face value

Jayneykul

Posts : 20
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum