The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Block 5 entrance as seen in February 2012 Mm11

Block 5 entrance as seen in February 2012 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Block 5 entrance as seen in February 2012 Mm11

Block 5 entrance as seen in February 2012 Regist10

Block 5 entrance as seen in February 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Block 5 entrance as seen in February 2012 Empty Block 5 entrance as seen in February 2012

Post by Guest 22.02.12 12:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Block 5 entrance as seen in February 2012 Empty Re: Block 5 entrance as seen in February 2012

Post by Guest 23.02.12 11:40

I posted this photograph to help demonstrate that only the trees to the left of the carpark entrance have been taken down. Whilst the ones to the right have been allowed to remain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Block 5 entrance as seen in February 2012 Empty Re: Block 5 entrance as seen in February 2012

Post by PeterMac 23.02.12 12:16

Many thanks.
It also shows clearly the wall between the car park and the path in front of the apartments.
The gap in that wall to allow access is right off the picture to the right. Not behind the skip.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.02.12 12:49

That is quite some walk then through the carpark having to first turn right, then swinging immediately left passing the front doors of 5D, 5C, then 5B, in that order, to get to the front door of 5A? What a long walk.

As you have been there PeterMac, do you think somebody with a heavy object in both arms could ever swing over the top of that wall and not leave any foot prints, or evidence of some kind in the flower beds the other side?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 23.02.12 12:59

Short answer - NO
The car park is flat, but since the entire village is on a slope, the path behind the wall is even lower. On me it was mid chest (nipple) height from the apartment side. I am 6'1".
You would need two hands and a jump to get over.
And if you were carrying something heavy you would not want to risk dropping it, or waking it, by climbing over a wall, having just allegedly climbed out of a window.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.02.12 14:40

I never realised how high that wall was. That puts a whole different perspective on things. Thank you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 25.02.12 18:49

Stella, (incidentally also my mother's name)

On Pats recent blog is a very good photo demonstrating what I tried to describe.

Follow the line from the bottom of the window, and you can judge how high the wall is.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Edwards 26.02.12 9:05

Does the pathway along the front of the apartments terminate at 5a? Is that just a dead end with a wall next to the doorway at the end? With a drop over the other side of the wall to the road of how far approximately? In May 2007 this had fairly mature trees or shrubs there, didn't it?

How long, approximately, would it take to come from the doorway of 5a, along the path to the gap in the wall, across the carpark to the exit point and to the road crossing where the "sighting" was? 30 seconds or so? More?

I'm still struggling to see 5a as that attractive to a potential abductor with it being in a dead end with fewer escape opportunities. Other children, as far as it is known, were in more accessible apartments from the carpark/pathway, weren't they?
C.Edwards

Activity : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 26.02.12 10:30

Yes, it is a dead end. The drop is quite considerable, given the way the road slopes down. Probably 8 feet.
Have a look at these photos from mccanfiles, one with the Police officer below the kitchen window and then one with the window and the end wall.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It took almost exactly one minute to walk, normally, from the tapas bar to the side gate. (59 seconds if I remember correctly).
It took a further almost-exactly-one-minute to walk from the side entrance gate round into the car park and to the front door (58 seconds I think)
In other words twice as far, twice the time.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.12 10:39

C.Edwards wrote:Does the pathway along the front of the apartments terminate at 5a?

That has always been my understanding, yes. What I didn't realise was until PeterMac pointed it out was the height of that wall. I would think you could not miss it looking out of that bedroom window.

Is that just a dead end with a wall next to the doorway at the end? Yes

With a drop over the other side of the wall to the road of how far approximately?

You see, this is something else I didn't realise until treegate popped up. On the other side of that street wall is quite a drop, so much so, that anyone walking up the street, if they looked to their left, could not see over it. Not until they reached the top of the road I think.

In May 2007 this had fairly mature trees or shrubs there, didn't it?

Yes, we established that. But depending on what type of tree it was, if it was semi-evergreen or not and when spring fell with new leaf cover, it would take someone with greater knowledge of trees than me, to work out how dense it was.

How long, approximately, would it take to come from the doorway of 5a, along the path to the gap in the wall, across the carpark to the exit point and to the road crossing where the "sighting" was? 30 seconds or so? More?

That's one for PeterMac.

I'm still struggling to see 5a as that attractive to a potential abductor with it being in a dead end with fewer escape opportunities. Other children, as far as it is known, were in more accessible apartments from the carpark/pathway, weren't they?

Precisely. That is exactly what Pat was trying to point out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Edwards 26.02.12 10:40

Thankyou Peter, that helps to visualise it much better.

So, if Gerry & Jez were where JW positioned them, they would have been very close ("Just up the hill from the gate") to where that policeman is standing? Which means that the apartment door was only 20 feet or so away from them? I don't know if you could tell from inspection, but are those doors pretty heavy, solid wood? Therefore if one was kicked or pushed shut it would make a noticeable clunk and would quite possibly be easily identifiable as the 5a door closing, being the only one that close? (as would the blind, really)

I'm just wondering out loud about the abductor exiting the apartment, with Madeleine in his arms and, as far as we know, the apartment door was closed on discovery of Madeleine's absence? I suppose the door could have been closed very quietly somehow and if GMc and JW were really deep in conversation they may not have noticed.
C.Edwards

Activity : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.12 10:44

This is how the door to 5a looks now, in 2012. It looks like it has just been sanded down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 27.02.12 9:38

It is not sanded down. It is peeling in the sun and has not been re-varnished for a long time. The apartment has been virtually abandoned, with the exception of the garden which is hacked right back as they do on most urbanisations as part of the maintenance contract.
I think G & J were supposed to have been opposite where the policeman is, probably under the street lamp, and possibly opposite the path which runs along between the gardens and the wall on the OC.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.02.12 9:52

Yes, the front door looks really desperate for a coat of varnish.

It might possibly indicate that the property has not been let out for quite some time, or will be in the future.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.02.12 9:59

PeterMac, did you happen to notice the layout of the carparking spaces in front of G5A, G5B and G5C, right up to the break in the wall where you walk through?

From the 1st picture, I can see what looks like a skip in one of these spaces. How many carparking spaces are there roughly? Is there any spaces that someone could park if they wanted to, that would provide the perfect spot to pick something up from G5A?

Looking where the skip is. Anyone trying to put something in a car parked there, would easily be seen by anyone walking by, because effectively it only has access to the parked car on one side. On the other is a wall/shrubs, is that right?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 02.03.12 8:45

If you look at maps.google, or google earth you will see the way the car park is laid out.
The cars are parked East-West, parallel to the main axis of the apartment block. There is a mini in the appropriate position.
A car parked where the skip is would then need another person in it, as the bundle of valuables is handed over the wall, from the second accomplice who was outside the window to receive the bundle from inside the apartment.
So we would now need to have three people involved, none of whom carries the bundle across the street.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top