Leaving baby home alone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leaving baby home alone

Post  happychick on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:05 pm

Has anyone else been watching Coronation Street and the storyline of young parents Chesney and Katie with Baby Joseph being left alone several times? Tonight a young girl was left in charge of the baby and the kitchen almost caught fire.

A believable storyline with young, inexperienced parents (and young mum suffering post natal depression) but it makes me wonder why two supposedly educated doctors thought it would be ok to do the same thing.

It just goes to show how tragedies can potentially happen very easily when small children (Faye and Joseph) are left to fend for themselves.

I wonder if the scriptwriters had the McCann case in mind when thinking up this storyline? It will be interesting to see how it develops.

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaving baby home alone

Post  rainbow-fairy on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:45 pm

I have a good idea happychick - it will involve social workers and child protection (as should have the McCann case)

Maybe Katie will even be charged with abandonment - it does happen...

Last edited by rainbow-fairy on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum