The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Top level corruption in Essex Police

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Top level corruption in Essex Police

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.11.09 18:06

The first of what may be many stories which start to connect the dots that make up a network, or 'ring' of drug-dealing criminals and corrupt senior Police Officers in Essex made the news on page 7 of 'The People' today.

There we saw how career criminal Darren Nicholls, now set up with a new identity by Essex Police, carries on gaily with his life of crime, setting up cannabis factories, dealing drugs, and jet-setting to the Caribbean for long holidays and driving around in -what else - a Porsche.

Why is he allowed to do this?

Because back in 1996 he claimed to have been the driver who drove Jack Whomes and Micky Steele to kill the 'Rettendon Three' drug-dealers, Tate, Tucker and Rolfe in their Range Rover on a snowy farm track in south Essex. These events were made into a book and then a film: 'Essex Boys', by criminal-turned-author, Bernard O'Mahoney.

But was Darren Nicholls telling the truth?

And why do the police continue to allow Nicholls to profit from crime instead of putting him behind bars for a long period?

Expect much, much more in the weeks to come.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Here's one example of what's been going on under the noses of successive Essex Police Chief Constables for years:

The compensation paid to a former Essex Police Officer, David C. Clark, as a result of the corrupt behaviour D.I. Kreyling (also a key officer in the Rettendon trial)

Former Essex Police Officer David Clark arrested a known criminal on a specific offence. This was the result of his own detective and investigative efforts.

This criminal turned out to be a friend and close associate of Det. Insp. Kreyling, who was known to be a close associate of [name of a senior Essex Police Officer - withheld].

As a result, Kreyling de-arrested him. Clark then formally complained about the way this case was being handled. Thereafter, Clark was thereafter ostracised and subjected to bullying and intimidation. This affected his health significantly. In the end, he felt forced to resign from the force.

He sought legal advice about the appalling way he had been treated after arresting a known criminal, when he had good evidence that that criminal had committed a criminal offence. The proceedings were initially contested by Essex Police but were eventually settled out of court on payment of a total of £90,000 to Clark. This was reported in the Essex newspapers at the time, notably on the front page of the Southend Echo for 19 September 2006, headlined “Policeman was bullied”.

The comments of Judge Tugendhat in approving he £90,000 settlement said that Clark suffered:

· ‘harassment’
· ‘humiliation’
· ‘intimidation’
· ‘oppression’
· ‘victimisation’, and
· ‘bullying’...

by senior police officers.

Note the words 'senior' and 'officers' (plural).

+++++++++++++++++++++

'The People' have much more up their sleeve and we can expect at least one more case of Essex Police corruption in the courts within months.

There are those who wonder why I attack Essex Police.

I don't.

I attack corrupt officers in Essex Police.

The good ones know what we are doing and approve. But they are up against senior police officers who have a long track record of corruption.

Roll on the day when they are fully exposed.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top level corruption in Essex Police

Post by ROCKY on 29.11.09 18:22

I think it is no secret that the corruption in the Police Force is rife Tony. I am speaking of all areas not just Essex. They claim they are trying to clean it up but when those at the top are the most corrupt it will be highly unlikely that things will change.

ROCKY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 19:33

And what exacly is wrong with driving around in a Porsche ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 19:41

Police are police..good and bad same as here and everywhere, more bad than good though it has to be said.

Back to top Go down

'Evenin' all'.

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.11.09 20:15

@ROCKY wrote:I think it is no secret that the corruption in the Police Force is rife Tony. I am speaking of all areas not just Essex. They claim they are trying to clean it up but when those at the top are the most corrupt it will be highly unlikely that things will change.
Indeed, look for example at Graeme McLagan's recent book 'Bent Coppers' and see how endemic and widespread corruption is in Britain's police forces; why, even some of the 'Anti-Corruption' forces they set up were crowded out with corrupt coppers.

Which reminds me of a comment once made by Dixon of Dock Green.

No, not: 'Evenin' all'.

It was: 'There's nothing worse or lower than a bent copper'.

I too am pessimistic. But where evidence emerges about the activities of bent coppers, we must try and get these scum dealt with.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROCKY on 29.11.09 20:26

I used to post on a Police Blog ,there are plenty of them around and easy to find,have to say some of them have a funny idea of the law.There is corruption everywhere Tony. We have seen it in Goverment again those at the top more corrupt than those at the bottom. Just give them time and they will learn.

ROCKY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROCKY on 29.11.09 20:26

Hare wrote:And what exacly is wrong with driving around in a Porsche ?

Nothing I have 3...lol

ROCKY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 20:30

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@ROCKY wrote:I think it is no secret that the corruption in the Police Force is rife Tony. I am speaking of all areas not just Essex. They claim they are trying to clean it up but when those at the top are the most corrupt it will be highly unlikely that things will change.
Indeed, look for example at Graeme McLagan's recent book 'Bent Coppers' and see how endemic and widespread corruption is in Britain's police forces; why, even some of the 'Anti-Corruption' forces they set up were crowded out with corrupt coppers.

I too am pessimistic. But where evidence emerges about the activities of bent coppers, we must try and get these scum dealt with.

Good idea. Amaral is coming unstuck I see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 20:32

@ROCKY wrote:

Nothing I have 3...lol

Well Mr Bennett seams to disaprove...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 20:34

Sabot wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

Good idea. Amaral is coming unstuck I see.

Right on queue Sabot, you're certainly on the ball. Never one to miss an opportunity. lol!

Back to top Go down

One Porsche too many

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.11.09 20:38

Hare wrote:
@ROCKY wrote:

Nothing I have 3...lol

Well Mr Bennett seams to disapprove...
Um, Hare, you make many good points, but in this case my objection is to a person with a new identity under police witness protection making a laughing stock of the taxpayer by taking advantage of his privileged position and new identity to make enough money from illegal drug-dealing to be able to spend luxury holidays in the Caribbean and afford a Porsche.

I would expect him to be locked up.

And his Porsche given to someone more needy

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 20:46

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Hare wrote:
@ROCKY wrote:

Nothing I have 3...lol

Well Mr Bennett seams to disapprove...
Um, Hare, you make many good points, but in this case my objection is to a person with a new identity under police witness protection making a laughing stock of the taxpayer by taking advantage of his privileged position and new identity to make enough money from illegal drug-dealing to be able to spend luxury holidays in the Caribbean and afford a Porsche.

I would expect him to be locked up.

And his Porsche given to someone more needy

I think I'd rather have the Jaguar if that's okay with you.

Back to top Go down

Only a Ford Fusion

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.11.09 20:56

Sabot wrote:I think I'd rather have the Jaguar if that's okay with you.
In case anyone is really interested, our only car is a 5-year-old Ford Fusion. And, no, it wasn't bought from Madeleine Foundation funds nor from donations intended for helping to find Madeleine which were diverted into my private bank accounts(s)

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Finally on 29.11.09 21:19

Hi

Mr Bennett I would agree that there are good and bad police but not just in one force, probably in all forces, just as there are good and bad in all professions. I know a young police woman who was policing a particular area where crime was high. She was called a c--- for doing her job. Her colleague on one occasion was attacked and on another occasion she and a female colleague were called several names that are derogatory to females including the c word again and the two guys that they were trying to arrest set a staffie on them.

She is not corrupt and owns a very ordinary secondhand audi. She works long and hard for her pay and whislt your personal experience maybe include interaction with corrupt officers, please, please try to remember not to tar the good ones with the same brush you are using to tar the bad.

Sorry if I am on a high horse and sounding a tadge cross but I truly think it unfair to make such an across the board statement as you are doing.

Take care

Finally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

An MP speaks out against Essex Police corruption

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.11.09 21:41

@Finally wrote:Hi

Mr Bennett I would agree that there are good and bad police but not just in one force, probably in all forces, just as there are good and bad in all professions. I know a young police woman who was policing a particular area where crime was high. She was called a c--- for doing her job. Her colleague on one occasion was attacked and on another occasion she and a female colleague were called several names that are derogatory to females including the c word again and the two guys that they were trying to arrest set a staffie on them.

She is not corrupt and owns a very ordinary secondhand audi. She works long and hard for her pay and whislt your personal experience maybe include interaction with corrupt officers, please, please try to remember not to tar the good ones with the same brush you are using to tar the bad.

Sorry if I am on a high horse and sounding a tadge cross but I truly think it unfair to make such an across the board statement as you are doing.

Take care
Hallo 'Finally', you evidently didn't read my earlier post where I explicitly said that I was only targeting corrupt coppers and that some of the good ones in Essex know what is going on and are behind me. They are scared stiff of losing their jobs if they speak out.

It's not just me that's speaking out against corrupt Essex Police Officers.

Here for example is David Amess M.P. speaking in Parliament itself about the gravity of what happened to his constituent David Clarke:

3 Apr 2008 : Column 1002

Another issue that I have raised before in these Adjournment debates concerns a constituent named David Clark. Ten years ago he was working for Essex police as a police officer. He was forced to retire from his job on medical grounds, following bullying and harassment by senior officers.

This is too complex a story to develop in just a minute, but it is all to do with whistleblowing. My constituent did a splendid job in his time with the police force. His maltreatment followed his managing an investigation into theft and stolen goods in 1997. He did the right thing and decided to pursue legal action against the chief constable of Essex in July 2006.

In the recent High Court hearing, Mr. Justice Tugendhat ruled in my constituent’s favour and, nine months on, in June 2007, he received £93,000 in compensation from Essex police force in an out-of-court settlement. What is not acceptable is that the costs of the case—£35,000—have still not been paid, which is putting my constituent under a huge amount of strain.

During the High Court hearing, the judge condemned the detective sergeant involved as “not capable of belief”, and said that he could not be regarded as a “candid witness”. He made a number of criticisms of the organisation of the Essex police, which he said was in stark contrast to my constituent, whom he considered to be a “careful and honest witness”.

Most frustrating of all, my constituent has tried over and over again to arrange a meeting with the chairman of Essex police authority, to absolutely no avail. I find that desperately disappointing.

++++ ENDS ++++

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Honest coppers in Essex back David Clarke against the corrupt hierarchy

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.11.09 22:02

One place to find what ordinary coppers think about what is going on in police forces across the country is via the Police Oracle website.

Here's five extracts from 2006 from a topic thread: "Essex Police: What A Mess", it comes from page 83 of a thread running to 197 pages:

Anyone who has the service to know the details of the "case" involving stolen goods/the Rochford jeweller and the morning raid will recognise the stink of bad fish. This is exactly why the evidence of the retired detective was heavily criticized by the Judge. If anyone thinks that they know (or knew) to the contrary "why did you not give evidence in favour of Essex Police?"

I remember Dave CLARK as a young DC. He was a dynamic go-getter, full of enthusiasm(that was before he was got at). If everyone was half as good as Dave was then the CID would function very well.

It always amazes me why Police Officers stick up for the likes of Bird and Kreyling. If they treated a police officer as they did, I wonder how they treated criminals, sounds as though Kreyling left a lot to be desired in the integrity stakes. Let's hope there is a full enquiry on this one and Kreyling gets what is coming to him.

I just want to echo the posting by Nick B above regarding Dave C's case. Dave was a diamond copper who I had the pleasure of working with on several occasions. He was one of the most knowledgable and helpful guys you could want to work with. Well done mate.

IT IS A SAD REFLECTION OF THE BULLIES IN ESSEX POLICE THAT THEY HAVE HAD TO KNOCK DAVID CLARKE...shouting over...he's won and hopefully the complaints and disicpline dept at Essex isn't corrupted by 'freemasons' aka the old boy network.. (thankfully i'm excluded i'm a girl woo hoo...) and they will investigate the officers who were the root of the problem...no doubt nothing will happen though, I have never known a force admit to allowing this sort of harassement (by bullying). This sort of problem is endemic in my force as well...as a Fed Rep i was threatened with a move when i raised health and safety concerns. I could go on but you would have nearly as many pages as this Essex topic...I support all the Essex officers that have written on here they are concerned enough to write a post which is good...

[NOTE FROM TONY: To summarise: good honest coppers being bullied out of the force for whistleblowing while the corrupt ones carry on as before]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nothing to do with Essex Police corruption, but this was a complaint about Essex policing methods from another anonymous copper on the 'Oracle' Forum:

How about this then....

A 19 year old lad was driving his vehicle in Essex last night, he was stopped by marked police vehicle, he gave full details and the fact that he had just purchased the vehicle 3 weeks ago from a local dealer, he paid cash and had all supporting paperwork, including receipt, insurance certificate and MOT, he has a full clean current driving licence.

He expected a HORT/1 but......

He was then arrested on Suspicion of Theft of motor vehicle and taken into custody.

He asked the the officer to take him home only 1 mile away where he could show him the papers. This was declined and he was placed in a cell at 10pm last night (Friday).
He was woken up this morning at 7am and told," Its ok mate you are now de-arrested" He was then given a HORT/1 and released.

He asked about the keys for his vehicle and told that it is in a Police rota compound and that he would have to pay a £120 release fee!

Now, I admit that this young person is not the most intelligent person I met, but this was an outrageous abuse of police power and unnecessary, was this one for the stats or have I missed the point here?

Ownership of this vehicle could have easily been established, this lad lives alone and was unable to get the paperwork down to the station.

He is upset and very angry and confused and now wonders why he was stopped and locked up for the night for being legally on the road?

Is this sending out the right message to our legally young persons, he certainly would not now help Essex Police if it was on fire!

This is not the first time I have heard in a few weeks about people being arrested and then de arrested and released from custody without charge, what the hell is going on here???

I am starting to be ashamed of being a part of an organisation that is getting it so so wrong!!

Shame on you Mr Baker!
[ETA: Roger Baker, former Chief Constable of Essex Police 2005-2009, now retired - T.B.]

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Finally on 29.11.09 22:35

Hi Mr Bennet

Thank you for taking the time to point out my mistake and thank you for recognising that not all police officers are corrupt.

I do apologise and you are quite correct in saying that I didn't read all of your first post. I must confess, without wishing to cause you offence, I did begin to read it but it became a little lengthy so I skipped a lot of it but by then I had a picture that you were not being fair to the police in general. Likewise, I began reading your response to my post and then found myself drifting.....

May I be as bold as to suggest smaller and more manageable chunks please :). It is after all the end of the weekend and I, for one, am feeling the effects of it and can't wait to go back to work tomorrow for a rest so lots of heavy reading in one hit is a chore.....

Take care

Finally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.11.09 22:39

@Finally wrote:Hi Mr Bennet

Thank you for taking the time to point out my mistake and thank you for recognising that not all police officers are corrupt.

I do apologise and you are quite correct in saying that I didn't read all of your first post. I must confess, without wishing to cause you offence, I did begin to read it but it became a little lengthy so I skipped a lot of it...
Come, come. It takes about 10 seconds to read the OP. You didn't read it at all! But I accept your apology of course.

LATEST ON THE LEE BALKWELL CASE (Warning: may take longer than 10 seconds to read):

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/archive/2009/11/14/Thurrock+News+%28thurrock_news%29/4739169.Review_into_death_of_cement_mixer_man/

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cheeky...

Post by Finally on 29.11.09 22:43

Come come yourself lol. I actually read this far and thought, "No more".

[quote="Tony Bennett"]The first of what may be many stories which start to connect the dots that make up a network, or 'ring' of drug-dealing criminals and corrupt senior Police Officers in Essex made the news on page 7 of 'The People' today.

There we saw how career criminal Darren Nicholls, now set up with a new identity by Essex Police, carries on gaily with his life of crime, setting up cannabis factories, dealing drugs, and jet-setting to the Caribbean for long holidays and driving around in -what else - a Porsche.

Why is he allowed to do this?

Because back in 1996 he claimed to have been the driver who drove Jack Whomes and Micky Steele to kill the 'Rettendon Three' drug-dealers, Tate, Tucker and Rolfe in their Range Rover on a snowy farm track in south Essex. These events were made into a book and then a film: 'Essex Boys', by criminal-turned-author, Bernard O'Mahoney.

But was Darren Nicholls telling the truth?

And why do the police continue to allow Nicholls to profit from crime instead of putting him behind bars for a long period?

Expect much, much more in the weeks to come.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Small manageable chunks please this late in the evening.

Take care and goodnight.

Finally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 22:45

Im having a bit of trouble understanding what this thread has got to do with any of the things this forum was discussing before TB started it.

Other than it's designed to show the OP as a fearless fighter of injustice. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 23:08

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Sabot wrote:I think I'd rather have the Jaguar if that's okay with you.
In case anyone is really interested, our only car is a 5-year-old Ford Fusion. And, no, it wasn't bought from Madeleine Foundation funds nor from donations intended for helping to find Madeleine which were diverted into my private bank accounts(s)

Didn't you say you could not drive Bennett? Or was that another lie to get someone to bill the fuel costs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 23:13

Mr Bennett. Do you not understand the phrase "When in a hole stop digging". You are up to your neck in libel accusations at the moment, you know one false word could land you with a hefty lible bill from the McCanns.
Do not think for one moment that the Essex force will take your stories lightly. They will wait until your guard is down, and then wham, the police will take you down financially.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.11.09 23:21

murat_fan wrote:Mr Bennett. Do you not understand the phrase "When in a hole stop digging". You are up to your neck in libel accusations at the moment, you know one false word could land you with a hefty lible bill from the McCanns.
Do not think for one moment that the Essex force will take your stories lightly. They will wait until your guard is down, and then wham, the police will take you down financially.
You make Essex Police sound a bit like the Stasi.

You said: "You know one false word could land you with a hefty libel bill from the McCanns" [I've corrected the typo].

And no doubt you're part of a whole team looking for that 'one false word'.

It wouldn't be 'Eddie' would it?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 23:22

murat_fan wrote:Mr Bennett. Do you not understand the phrase "When in a hole stop digging". You are up to your neck in libel accusations the moment, you know one false word could land you with a hefty lible bill from the McCanns.

Yeah, but then he has a ready-made backstory - they nobbled him because he was investigating corruption Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 23:23

Keep guessing Bennett,

whilst you are on i will ask you the question i have asked elsewhere on this forum

Are you prepared to pay the £500, or your half of the £500 paid to Kirwans back into the Foundation Funds?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum