The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Criminal Profiling Topic of the Day: A Picture Worth a Thousand Words

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Criminal Profiling Topic of the Day: A Picture Worth a Thousand Words

Post by jd on 14.02.12 13:58

@Daisy wrote:
Another great advantage for someone stalking the McCann's & casing their joint (apt 5A) would be the patio doors that they left OPEN. Yet we're supposed to believe the ever so dumb abductor broke in through the bedroom window with its noisy shutters, or that they somehow got through the locked door. ppfft!

All under a bright white spot light for the neighbours to see clearly

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.02.12 14:26

I think now would be a very good time for all to review how block 5 actually looked in May 2007.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PDL_NIGHT.htm

The street lamps originally had an orange glow to them and it was only after the event, that someone had these changed to white.

Take a look at the trees surrounding the car park (13th and 14th pictures down). Whether or not someone could see any doors or windows from the block opposite in May 2007, could only be determined by the PJ investigators at that time. They have since been removed and I would have hoped that someone could have informed Pat Brown of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.02.12 14:32

This one proves the trees were in bloom on the 3rd May 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 14.02.12 14:33

More photo's/information concerning the street lighting.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/STREET_LIGHTING.htm

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.02.12 14:39

Those trees are past the third floor of block 5, I really do not think any apartment opposite could have seen a thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat on 14.02.12 16:20

Stella wrote:

Those trees are past the third floor of block 5, I really do not think any apartment opposite could have seen a thing.

The difference is, Pat Brown is actually there, in Praia Da Luz. She is telling it as it is, she is doing real research and speaking to people. It's obvious that the window from where Pat took the photograph looks over these trees and gives a clear view of the carpark Rolling Eyes

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.02.12 16:26

With all due respect Cheshire Cat. If you look at the photographs that Pat has taken and compare these with the ones available in 2007, the trees are no longer there and the light bulbs have been all been changed.

There is no need to be quite so rude and we all do real research here, well most of us anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.02.12 16:35

Stella, the top photo you posted has only one old tree, the second is different, are they same place? scratchhead i don\'t know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.02.12 16:38

Blow Pats picture up Cheshire Cat and you will see that all of the trees in the block 5 carpark, have all been taken down now.

We are credited here as being the number one fourm for good quality discussions, based on evidence and facts and this is how we propose to continue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.02.12 16:40

candyfloss wrote:

Stella, the top photo you posted has only one old tree, the second is different, are they same place?

Yep, same place all around May 2007 and on Pamalam's site. Taken from things at that time.

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk on 14.02.12 16:48

hmm, think i have to call Pat out on this one!. Those trees in 2007 would have surely obscured any view into goings on at 5a!! especially on an evening.

david_uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat on 14.02.12 16:55

Stella wrote:

Blow Pats picture up Cheshire Cat and you will see that all of the trees in the block 5 carpark, have all been taken down now.

We are credited here as being the number one fourm for good quality discussions, based on evidence and facts and this is how we propose to continue.

I do worry about posters who try to persuade us to have faith in the SY review (despite every one from Amaral, Tony B and Pat Brown being highly sceptical about the review) whilst at the same time attempting to undermine Pat Brown who is reporting her findings in words and pictures. I don't believe Pat is trying to trick us or mislead us and if she says that the appartment opposite offers a clear view of the window of 5a then, seeing as she is physically there in Praia Da Luz, I believe what she is saying to be accurate.

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 14.02.12 17:22

@david_uk wrote:hmm, think i have to call Pat out on this one!. Those trees in 2007 would have surely obscured any view into goings on at 5a!! especially on an evening.

I disagree. According to witnesses that stayed in apt 5A the week before the McCann's, the bedroom was overlooked by other apartments. Again, I'd rather go with the information of people that have actually been there physically, like this witness & Pat Brown. It is nearly impossible to know what views other apartments had from a photograph.

Statement of Saleigh
Gordon:
“The bedroom shutters made a lot of noise and I find it difficult
to understand that opening them would go un-noticed. The bedroom overlooked the
parking area and was also overlooked by other apartments
from which I think
that if anyone had opened the shutters from outside, somebody would have
noticed”

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.02.12 17:39

@david_uk wrote:hmm, think i have to call Pat out on this one!. Those trees in 2007 would have surely obscured any view into goings on at 5a!! especially on an evening.

Actually, not long after the event Martin Brunt checked out the site on video and measured the distance from the bar to 5a. He also commented on the visibility of 5a from the bar, which I seem to remember wasn't obscures by trees by just a few bushes. I'll have to find that video.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.02.12 17:49

@tigger wrote:

Actually, not long after the event Martin Brunt checked out the site on video and measured the distance from the bar to 5a. He also commented on the visibility of 5a from the bar, which I seem to remember wasn't obscures by trees by just a few bushes. I'll have to find that video.

Tigger, we are talking about the view from the apartments across the road from the front entrance of 5a, not the tapas bar to the balcony.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.02.12 17:52

candyfloss wrote:
@tigger wrote:

Tigger, we are talking about the view from the apartments across the road from the front entrance of 5a, not the tapas bar to the balcony.

Damn! And I'd just found the video after an intensive search - so I'll post it all the same. Thanks for putting me straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akv01Y0pfNY

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.02.12 18:51

ProfilerPatBPAT BROWN

New blog will be up tomorrow. Lots of fascinating things...both "sides" may be surprised with some of my findings. #McCann

16 minutes ago

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Edwards on 14.02.12 19:08

I agree with Stella on this - those trees would have easily been in the way of the windows from the apartment opposite, you can see from their height you'd need to be dozens more stories up to get the angle required to see over the top of those trees.

C.Edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 14.02.12 19:13

There were gaps between the trees so the view would not have been completely obscured from all the buildings opposite I would have thought.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 14.02.12 19:49

Stella wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Stella, the top photo you posted has only one old tree, the second is different, are they same place?

Yep, same place all around May 2007 and on Pamalam's site. Taken from things at that time.

The top two pictures show the wall as it opens for access slopes up slightly then flat. The third picture is just flat right to the opening.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 14.02.12 20:01

@Nina wrote:
Stella wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

The top two pictures show the wall as it opens for access slopes up slightly then flat. The third picture is just flat right to the opening.

I see what you mean. Also, in the first two photos the wall has the 'private parking' sign & a no 5 plaque.

Doesn't appear all 3 pics are of the same location. Looking at them more closely, the trees are different species altogether in the 3rd photo.

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 14.02.12 20:12

@Daisy wrote:
@Nina wrote:
Stella wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

I see what you mean. Also, in the first two photos the wall has the 'private parking' sign & a no 5 plaque.

Doesn't appear all 3 pics are of the same location. Looking at them more closely, the trees are different species altogether in the 3rd photo.

Hmmmm, the plants are different too in the narrow border just over the wall by the front doors. Yet the building looks exactly the same by comparison.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.02.12 20:28

196 There is a gap in the wall just along from where I took the photo to allow cars to enter and exit the car park and at that point the window is totally exposed. You can however see the window fairly well at any point along the road Dr Francisco Gentil Martins.This was the window, covered in fingerprint dust. By Faithlilly from 3As

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/APARTMENT.htm

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum