The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine sometimes drank tea

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine sometimes drank tea

Post by mrscee on 10.02.12 11:05

Hello- this is something that has always niggled at me in relation to the whole teastain thing- which has probably been discussed before. Madeleine was 3 and apparently ' sometimes drank tea' . Maybe this is a regional thing, but I have a 3 and 4 year old and neither I nor anyone in my acquaintace to my knowledge gives their children of this age tea or would consider doing so. Partly because it's a bitter taste for a child's palate, but secondly because tea has caffeine and if you have years of children up and down in the night the last thing you want is anything which might keep them awake for longer. The Mccanns seemed particularly keen on the children getting to bed early so it would seem to be an odd choice of beverage. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with giving kids tea in itself but it would be an odd choice for them given how precious they seemed to be about preserving sleep times. It seems anomolous. I realise the whole statement is anomolous but I was interested in this particular feature because once again it seems very inconsistent. What does anyone think?

mrscee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine sometimes drank tea

Post by Guest on 10.02.12 11:07

@mrscee wrote:Hello- this is something that has always niggled at me in relation to the whole teastain thing- which has probably been discussed before. Madeleine was 3 and apparently ' sometimes drank tea' . Maybe this is a regional thing, but I have a 3 and 4 year old and neither I nor anyone in my acquaintace to my knowledge gives their children of this age tea or would consider doing so. Partly because it's a bitter taste for a child's palate, but secondly because tea has caffeine and if you have years of children up and down in the night the last thing you want is anything which might keep them awake for longer. The Mccanns seemed particularly keen on the children getting to bed early so it would seem to be an odd choice of beverage. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with giving kids tea in itself but it would be an odd choice for them given how precious they seemed to be about preserving sleep times. It seems anomolous. I realise the whole statement is anomolous but I was interested in this particular feature because once again it seems very inconsistent. What does anyone think?

This might me of interest mrscee......

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4159-washed-up-dr-roberts?highlight=tea+stain

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscee on 10.02.12 11:11

Thank you for the link Candyfloss! I will read with interest.

mrscee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 10.02.12 18:37

Now why the mention of one item of clothing with a ?tea stain?. Three children will each have stained clothing every day without doubt, so were they washed or was it just this one item of stained clothing that required Kate's immediate attention? Kate and Gerry ran and played tennis every day, did she wash these sweaty shorts and tops every day? Just the mention of a brown stain on the top of the pjs.

For me this answers a question before it is asked somehow.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 10.02.12 18:48

Why not just leave it. If it was just tea the stain is light and is inoffensive. It would also be dry, and could wait until they got back to England.
Clearly if it was an "little accident" of a different kind it would need to be washed, but tea ....?

Also for me the giving of tea to very young children is a social class related activity, but given the McCann's roots it would not surprise me that they did so.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tea stain or something else

Post by bobbin on 10.02.12 19:36

If you are giving tea to a child, would you give it so strong, so dark brown and stewed like 'builders brew' that it would need washing off, or would it more likely be, watered down and light, and hardly worth the cleaning, when your entire focus is on having enough holiday 'me time'.
You have to go some to get a 'dark' stain from tea, and would it have been a little spill or did the whole mug drop down her front. If so, Mum surely would have noticed when putting the little one to bed that her pyjama top was soaking wet.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 10.02.12 22:30

Half a cup of milky tea was quite normal in my family so giving Madeleine tea never struck me as odd. Washing the PJs on holiday did.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 10.02.12 22:54

[quote="Miraflores"]Half a cup of milky tea was quite normal in my family so giving Madeleine tea never struck me as odd. Washing the PJs on holiday did.[/quote

I think we're assuming it's English breakfast tea. It may well have been herbal tea made with blackberries or something green, or lemon tea. They all stain when spilt. The point for me is the emphasis on washing a pyjama top. It's just too mundane to write about. Surely on holiday you swill a few things out. The pyjamas came from M&S it's not like they were special presents.

I'm adding...there was a washing machine in the apartment that had been repaired according to Kate (the 'Gerry touch'). Good grief if two doctors can't pack for their kids for a week holiday and can't work a washing machine then I'm scared of the NHS.

I'm adding again...Kate's recollection of 3rd May....the kids had milk and biscuits.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 16.02.12 17:58

I have to agree with Aquila - its not the tea-drinking that's odd, its the mentioning of it and the special washing that tells us something is amiss.

Just for the record, I along with my two siblings were given tea to drink from a very young age. Didn't keep us awake either - my bed-time was 7.30, until I was fifteen! It was a hard life... lol

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 16.02.12 19:07

@rainbow-fairy wrote:I have to agree with Aquila - its not the tea-drinking that's odd, its the mentioning of it and the special washing that tells us something is amiss.

Just for the record, I along with my two siblings were given tea to drink from a very young age. Didn't keep us awake either - my bed-time was 7.30, until I was fifteen! It was a hard life... lol

Luxury! We used to get up before we went to bed ...... work 48 hours a day, no tea , hot water... (courtesy of the three Yorkshiremen sketch Monty Python).

Actually, joking apart, why is she so concerned we should know about that 'stain' which might or might not be tea? Is she trying to intimate it is a stain of a sexual nature? The abductor having visited that night to prepare for the following night?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

why mention the tea stain AT ALL?

Post by worriedmum on 16.02.12 22:00

I can't for the life of me think why the tea stain is mentioned...
If it is tea..............well so what?
If it is tea and you wash it out-again, so what?
If it isn't tea, and tests show that it isn't, won't it look funny that you said it was tea?
Can any one help me get my head round this?

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 16.02.12 22:06

@tigger wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:I have to agree with Aquila - its not the tea-drinking that's odd, its the mentioning of it and the special washing that tells us something is amiss.

Luxury! We used to get up before we went to bed ...... work 48 hours a day, no tea , hot water... (courtesy of the three Yorkshiremen sketch Monty Python).

Actually, joking apart, why is she so concerned we should know about that 'stain' which might or might not be tea? Is she trying to intimate it is a stain of a sexual nature? The abductor having visited that night to prepare for the following night?

"Is she trying to intimate it is a stain of a sexual nature?"

In that case being a doctor you would have thought she'd have the brains to hand it to the PJ to have it DNA tested. If there was an "abductor" his/her DNA may have been on a database or would have been kept for future reference in case of an arrest. However, if it had DNA of someone known to them then no doubt it was hurriedly washed. The mention of it is one of Kate McCann's "teases" as she seems to have added quite a few of them in her book. The stain was under the PJ's noses, but they didn't find it - that's my interpretation of why she mentioned it (for what it's worth).

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 16.02.12 22:34

Newintown: The stain was under the PJ's noses, but they didn't find it - that's my interpretation of why she mentioned it (for what it's worth).

Aren't we talking about the pyjamas that Madeleine was abducted in? If so, how could the stain be under the PJ's noses?

T4two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clouseau on 16.02.12 22:44

Clouseau

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 16.02.12 23:05

@T4two wrote:
Newintown: The stain was under the PJ's noses, but they didn't find it - that's my interpretation of why she mentioned it (for what it's worth).

Aren't we talking about the pyjamas that Madeleine was abducted in? If so, how could the stain be under the PJ's noses?

I was talking about the pyjama top that Kate McCann washed. She said there was a tea stain on it and she didn't remember Madeleine drinking any tea. How would she know there was a tea stain on it if Madeleine was wearing it when she was "abducted". She wouldn't have the top to wash would she????

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 16.02.12 23:16

@Newintown wrote:
@T4two wrote:

I was talking about the pyjama top that Kate McCann washed. She said there was a tea stain on it and she didn't remember Madeleine drinking any tea. How would she know there was a tea stain on it if Madeleine was wearing it when she was "abducted". She wouldn't have the top to wash would she????

I think you'll find that the tea stain and washing incident in question happened before the alleged abduction.

T4two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.02.12 23:19

Yes, if I remember rightly, it was supposedly on the morning of 3rd May.

P.S. I've just noticed the link to the Dr Roberts topic on the previous page which confirms this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 16.02.12 23:22

@Newintown wrote:
@T4two wrote:

Perhaps I'm getting confused. Was the pyjama top that was washed by Kate the one Madeleine was wearing when she was "abducted". It still doesn't change the fact that Kate had to mention it. She seems to like throwing statements in to confuse, as Gerry said "confusion is best" or something like that.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Just seen your message T4two as I was typing mine. Thanks for clearing that up.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 16.02.12 23:25

Nina: For me this answers a question before it is asked somehow

IMO spot on Nina. So what might that question be? I remember at some stage quite early on, Uncle John relating a story about Amelie pointing at a pair of pyjamas and saying something like, "Maddy's 'jamas". I then recall that at a press conference with GM and KM around that time, that GM held up a pair of pyjamas and said that they were of the same type as those worn by Madeleine when she was abducted. But what if they actually had been "Maddy*s 'jamas"? What if she hadn't been abducted and what if she hadn't been wearing those pyjamas at the time whatever happened to her, happened? So the question might be, "How do you prove that those pyjamas, that according to Uncle John, Amelie had identified as "Maddy's 'jamas" actually aren't? Well, you could sew a label into them identifying them as Amelie's I suppose, but might that not be a bit too obvious? Another way of differentiating between two pairs of pyjamas might be to invent a story about one pair being having been stained. Tea stains are notoriously difficult to completely remove and therefore if those pyjamas which Amelie identified as "Maddy's 'jamas" didn't have any trace of a tea stain which had been removed by washing, then they couldn't have been Madeleine's pyjamas and the little girl must have been mistaken.

T4two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mexx on 17.02.12 4:49

Very interesting points here. Food (or beverage?!) for thought.

mexx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.02.12 7:39

Quite impossible ! They never called her Maddy, or anything like that !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 17.02.12 8:05

@PeterMac wrote:Quite impossible ! They never called her Maddy, or anything like that !

I doubt that they could even pronounce a long word such as 'Ma - de - leine' at their age.

They didn't have much to do with Maddy anyway, according to Kate herself. I did recently read another snippet about the twins not even being aware that Maddie was missing.
So that would explain the curious lack of communication between Maddie and the twins when we see the videos. Normally the elder child sees the younger ones as objects/dolls she can play with.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 17.02.12 11:51

@PeterMac wrote:Quite impossible ! They never called her Maddy, or anything like that !

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t639-john-mccann-interview-9-may-2007

T4two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 26.07.14 20:37

One way of removing blood more successfully than bleach is to use hydrogen peroxide. Some fabrics show a tea stain mark after being treated with this solution.

Hydrogen peroxide is readily available in chemists and no-one bats an eyelid at its purchase. It's really good for cuts and scratches and is a great blood remover if you happen to say drip blood on the grouting of tiles. It leaves no smell either. It cleans blood from porous surfaces far better than bleach.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.07.14 6:26

So if I went for a run and a small dog came out and bit me, would I use the one or the other to stem the flow and desinfect the wound, so as not to have to see a doctor for treatment againt rabies?

And would it cure my Achilles tendon within one or two hours?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum