The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

June 2007 - blog and diary.

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: June 2007 - blog and diary.

Post by bobbin on 28.02.14 8:16

@Praia wrote:It refers to the OC gardeners working around the apts. It's in one of the statements. She started the diary early on, possibly the week after, so the first number of days activities are written from memory.

Thanks Praia, I've only just got back to the posts. I wonder if you can tell where the reference is to someone else pruning. It's a Sunday, would the OC gardeners be pruning a hedge on the Day of Rest, and on the (first holiday) day when new visitors would be expecting Sunday in peace.
I would find it an imposition to have someone on my balcony, or looking out from the top of a ladder, when I was trying to have some time to relax, maybe even thinking to take a long breakfast coffee, in my nightgown, or if later in the day, enjoy a private lunch with friends, or a long cool beer and a book without interruption.

Surely maintenance work invading people's space would have been done on a Saturday at the latest, before the new lot arrived.

If you could point me to a reference it would clear this up.

Otherwise, Kate referring to 'pruning' makes me think, in the context of their lies, evasions, strange and abnormal behaviour, back-filling to explain away 'god knows what', that there was a 'need' to do something to remove 'evidence' or cover some sort of surreptitious act up.

ETA especially as the dogs signalled by the bushes.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 28.02.14 9:03

Neither here nor there, I suppose, but the slang dictionary for the word "prune" has a lot of interesting definitions...

http://slangwordsdictionary.com/prune

So when Kate refers to "pruning"... might she have been aware of the use of the word "prune" to describe...

...Someone who either directly or indirectly prevents people from having fun.
...a derogatory term for someone who is annoying, a party p*oper, uptight, or just plain weird
...(Taken from gardening, the removal of unwanted foliage): To erase information, usually personal information, that was posted on the Internet in an attempt to reclaim anonymity.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.02.14 9:15

@bobbin wrote:
@Praia wrote:It refers to the OC gardeners working around the apts. It's in one of the statements. She started the diary early on, possibly the week after, so the first number of days activities are written from memory.

Thanks Praia, I've only just got back to the posts. I wonder if you can tell where the reference is to someone else pruning. It's a Sunday, would the OC gardeners be pruning a hedge on the Day of Rest, and on the (first holiday) day when new visitors would be expecting Sunday in peace.
I would find it an imposition to have someone on my balcony, or looking out from the top of a ladder, when I was trying to have some time to relax, maybe even thinking to take a long breakfast coffee, in my nightgown, or if later in the day, enjoy a private lunch with friends, or a long cool beer and a book without interruption.

Surely maintenance work invading people's space would have been done on a Saturday at the latest, before the new lot arrived.

If you could point me to a reference it would clear this up.

Otherwise, Kate referring to 'pruning' makes me think, in the context of their lies, evasions, strange and abnormal behaviour, back-filling to explain away 'god knows what', that there was a 'need' to do something to remove 'evidence' or cover some sort of surreptitious act up.

ETA especially as the dogs signalled by the bushes.

Surely it would be possible, even now, to identify the official gardening days as provided by the OC gardeners. It is very odd to think holidaymakers would consider doing their own pruning.  sad To pay all that money to go away and then provide free gardening services for the OC holiday complex. Surely the OC wouldn't allow holidaymakers to do this anyway on their land. Every patch of garden area could end up looking dreadful.

Also was this impromptu or pre-planned pruning? If they had from the outset an uncontainable obsession for gardening whilst on holiday, they would hardly have been able to get through airport secuirty with shears, secateurs etc in the luggage? On which day did they go to town to purchase these items locally?

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on 28.02.14 9:34

Hi .Bobbin, just seen your post. MO and ROB mentioned gardeners in their Rog's. This has been discussed on various forums over the years and what I can say with 100% certainty is in every complex I know around the area Sunday is a day of rest for the gardeners. Every other day is 9 am start, usually lunch at 1pm til 2pm, finish at 6, and I know of many a hungover tourist who have an abrupt wakening to the sound of lawnmowers.

I suppose KM has a question mark beside the entry and the day could have been confused.

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 28.02.14 10:56

I'm afraid this gardening business is rather boring. In one of the rogatories, possibly Payne's there is an allusion to spying gardeners or some such remark.  It's all one to me with creepy men and disillusioned tractor drivers.
Just one of the many red herrings thrown out still showing signs of life.
The diary for about the whole of May I believe, but certainly for the first two weeks was done from memory. Post event, possibly with input and advice from third parties.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on 28.02.14 11:46

Tigger I agree. Imo, the diary was "written" to portray KH in a more maternal way. Unfortunately the author went OTT on the "Mills and Boon guide to writing" and it reads in parts as ode to a departed lover. There are too many references to pain for my liking. I think it was put together by more than one person as there are differing styles of writing.

How many £££££ did this "diary" net them???????? 
Plus it was to show less cynical readers than we that KH was an ordinary parent just like them. Unfortunately, as with the bewk, it worked. Look at Amazon et al comments, "as a mother myself...poor Kate and Gerry..." etc, etc.

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 23.01.15 15:55

So upon reading and discussing in this topic: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t10802-what-happened-to-madeleine-mccann
I decided to go to the http://www.mccannfiles.com/ and see the timeline from the time the scenic was rented (27 May) until the time of the Huelva trip (03 August).

I came up with this (sorry for the lenght) list of things I consider ...worth noticing. My comments in blue.

3 May - "abduction "

Sunday 27 May 2007 - Kate and Gerry take ownership of a Renault Scenic hire car.

Monday 28 May 2007 - Kate and Gerry find time to view an 800 sq ft inflatable poster of Madeleine,
which has been driven all the way from the West of Scotland by Chris and Les.  On May 25 GM wrote about the billboard on his blog so why wait three days to go see such a good thing for the serach of his daughter?

Thursday 31 May 2007 - Kate and Gerry leave Praia da Luz for Madrid, arriving in the Spanish capital 'late at night' First trip to Spain after havimg the scenic

Friday 01 June 2007 - The McCanns have 'a very busy day in Madrid'

Sunday 03 June 2007 - Kate and Gerry extend the lease on the Renault Scenic... The car has already clocked up 730 kms (543.60 miles) in a week, despite Kate and Gerry being out of the country for most of the week and, according to Gerry's blogs, spending the rest of the time quietly with the twins! One would assume by this comment that they didn't used the car to go to Madrid so someone already traveled 730kms in one week...That's basically more or less the distance between the south tip of the country and the north tip, doing 760km you can cross the whole country (just for perspective)
 - Chris and Les, who drove the inflatable Madeleine billboard all the way from the West of Scotland, head home.

Friday 08 June 2007 - At night, Kate and the family head off down to the church for the regular Friday night vigil. Gerry stays in the apartment as he was 'just too shattered'.Right...GM time alone to do whatever...

Saturday 09 June 2007 - Kate and Gerry head off to the beach at Sagres, on the most South Western tip of Portugal, for a family lunch.

Sunday 10 June 2007 - Morocco
                    -Kate and Gerry attend morning mass in Praia da Luz.
                     -Late in the afternoon they drive up to Lisbon to catch a flight to Casablanca, where embassy officials meet them at the start of their trip to Morocco.

Monday 11 June 2007 - The McCanns' holiday apartment, 5A, is 'released' as a crime scene by Portuguese authorities, enabling it to be rented out to other families. How convinient for the couple being in Morrocco

Tuesday 12 June 2007 - They arrive back in Praia da Luz in the afternoon.
                     -At night they go to church for prayers.

Tuesday 19 June 2007 - Gerry flies from Faro into Gatwick, London for some meetings.

Wednesday 20 June 2007 - Gerry has another busy day of meetings in Leicester. The main meeting being that of Madeleine's Fund where campaign strategies are discussed. It is agreed, in principle, to appoint a family spokesperson (Justine McGuiness).
Gerry arrives back in Praia da Luz in the evening.

Tuesday 03 July 2007 - One month after Kate and Gerry renewed the lease on their Renault Scenic hire care, the mileage is clocked at 5,864 kms, which is 2,750 kms (1,708.77 miles) more than when they originally picked it up 5 weeks ago.
Saturday 07 July 2007 - Described by Gerry as 'Quiet family day'. I wonder what was he up to???
Sunday 08 July 2007 - New search is carried out at the home of Robert Murat's mother. sure GM didn't knew about that yesterday...
Wednesday 18 July 2007 - Kate and Gerry have a long meeting with the Portugese police.
Wednesday 11 July 2007 - Three of the Tapas group (Russell O'Brien, Rachel Oldfield and Fiona Payne) are re-interviewed by police...
Thursday 12 July 2007 - Gerry flies to London to meet with the British police. Was GM panicking over the friends inquiries?

Friday 20 July 2007 - Kate and Gerry manage an early morning run and reach the top of the cliffs, overlooking Praia da Luz, in 16 minutes.
They spend a few hours discussing long term strategies with their Campaign Manager.
In the afternoon Gerry visits a nearby beach with the twins, while Kate stays at their villa and replies to e-mails.or washing clothes,who knows?

Friday 27 July 2007 - Gerry spends most of the day dealing with e-mails and making calls planning future events.Future events...

Sunday 29 July 2007 - Kate and Gerry drop Trisha and Sandy off at the airport for an emotional farewell. They have given the McCanns support throughout their time in Praia da Luz.

Monday 30 July 2007 -Kate and Gerry have 'a routine meeting' with Portugese police. Of vcourse not being informed what would happen the next day?!!

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id168.html

31 July 2007 - Eddie and Keela start work at Apartment 5A - Cadaver odour is indicated in the McCanns bedroom by the wardrobe, in the living room behind a sofa and a light scent indicated outside on the veranda and in a flowerbed. A blood indication is made behind the sofa.

01 August 2007 - Jon Corner and Kate's parents arrive

02 August 2007 - Trip to Huelva cancelled
Gerry McCann cancels trip to Huelva due to 'viral illness'.
PJ arrive at the McCanns' villa with Eddie and Keela
Cadaver odour is indicated on two pieces of Kate's clothing (trousers and blouse), on a red T-shirt believed to belong to Madeleine and on the soft toy known as 'Cuddle Cat'.Trip canceled the same day the PJ was going there,of course it was just...coincidence...

03 August 2007
Trip to Huelva
The Huelva trip goes ahead, despite all public places being closed. The timeline, according to The Sun, is as follows:
09:00 Leave Praia da Luz
12:15 Arrive Huelva (expected at 11:00am)
13:00 Distribute leaflets and posters at train station
13:30 Distribute leaflets and posters at cathedral
14:00 Distribute leaflets and posters at bus station
14:20 Leave to return to Praia da Luz

04 August 2007 - Jon Corner returns home

What I'm trying to get on here is, I think this is the crucial time when there was decided that the body had to be moved from whever it was stored previously (probably in a freezer). Trips to Spain to look at the terrain , trip to Huelva to distract the press...All JMHO .

ETA just noticed I went on talking about July and August, mods move please if there's a better place for this post.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum