The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

June 2007 - blog and diary.

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

June 2007 - blog and diary.

Post by tigger on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Really, really tried to cut as much as possible. Have simply outlined in bold important bits, all is heavily snipped. With thanks to Pamalan where you can see the full entries side by side. http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DIARY_BLOG.htm
Note! Kate's entries are in italics.

MONDAY, MAY 14:No cameras or journalists, which was great.

26th
Tomorrow will be a family day. We are doing a photo-shoot with the twins for the Sunday newspapers in the morning
FRIDAY, JUNE 1: Quite fed up...I can't stop thinking about Madeleine, about her fear of pain.
Bedtime is becoming more and more of a challenge.

Day 30 - 02/06/2007  -  Saturday
We did visit a local beach with Sean, Amelie and the rest of the family who are here and managed to get a bite to eat.
SATURDAY, JUNE 2:
Fed up again 'poor M. Once again it took a long time before S and A were sorted..
Thinking about her fear of pain breaks my heart. Thinking about paedophiles makes me want to tear at my own skin.

Day 32 - 04/06/2007 - Monday
...you may see a picture of me in a green and yellow find Madeleine t-shirt in tomorrow’s paper. The t-shirts were brought over by Phil and later on I thought better about wearing it around the resort she was taken from.
Day 33 - 05/06/2007 - Tuesday
Kates parents arrived today to see the kids and us.
TUESDAY, JUNE 5: I asked if they could make birthday cards for their Grandma and Gerry' today is his birthday but I had forgotten which is not surprising!
Day 36 - 08/06/2007 - Friday
...The event was organsied by the Sun who, like almost all of the media, have been incredibly supportive. I told Nick, the Sun journalist, that we are happy to support all strategies which increase the chances of finding Madeleine. Later in the afternoon we went down to the beach and had dinner in one of the restaurants which Sean and Amelie really enjoyed. Sean, in particular has acquired a taste for sea-bass! Tommorrow will largely be a family day although I am not sure what we will be doing yet.
 Day 37 - 09/06/2007 - Saturday
DATE GERRY USED Day 37 - 11/06/2007
..a short press interview for the Irish Sunday papers, mainly to thank the Irish for their fantastic level of support. We followed that with one for the British Sundays which is likely to be the last one we do for a while.
After this we headed down to Sagres which is the very most southwestern tip of Portugal. There is a very nice beach and we had lunch with the family.
Day 39 -11/06/2007 - Monday
DAY AND DATE GERRY USED Day 38 -12/06/2007
We did a couple of interviews for ITV and Sky and followed up our Newspaper interviews focussing on a change in the phase of the campaign. We confirmed that there will be a period of reflection before we decide on what is the best role for Kate and I.  
Day 40 - 12/06/2007 - Tuesday 
DAY GERRY USED Day 39 -12/06/2007
Tonight we have also gone to the church for prayers, as it is now 40 days and nights since Madeleine was abducted.
Day 41 - 13/06/2007 - Wednesday
Met with Portuguese and British police today to get an update on the investigation.
Day 42 - 14/06/2007 - Thursday
Kate and I picked up a friend from Faro airport who has been
instrumental in helping with the campaign. He has been fantastic, producing the DVD of Madeleine to ‘Don’t you forget about me’
which has been shown at many sporting events and concerts as well as producing the look for maddie logo and various posters.
We spent most of the day updating each other and discussing future campaign ideas. We are getting closer to appointing a campaign manager who will handle media liaison and coordinating events to keep Madeleine’s disappearance highly visible
Day 44 - 16/06/2007 -  Saturday
Kate and I dropped Jon at the airport this morning and picked up some more friends/family who have come out to see us, but
particularly the twins. They were certainly happy to see our visitors! After lunch we headed off to the local zoo. Relatively quiet on the campaign front today as it is a family day.
Day 45 - 17/06/2007 -  Sunday
The first event of our longer term campaign will be on Friday 22nd June- this will mark the 50th day Madeleine will be missing.
SUNDAY, JUNE 17: Cherie Blair (then the Premier's wife) phoned to find out how we were.
I also had the chance to speak to Tony (then Prime Minister) who told me that we weren't to hesitate to ask him if there was something he could do to help.
On Sky News tonight they suddenly said the Portuguese police had stated that the crime scene had been contaminated—because of us—and that fundamental evidence had been lost. How dare they insinuate that our daughter's life could be put in danger because of us. Very angry. Very upset.
I want to speak to someone now, but it's too late.

I changed my mind and I sent a text message to Ricardo (Portuguese police family liaison officer). I don't know if was a sensible idea but I feel really annoyed.
SUNDAY, JUNE 17:
Day 46 - 18/06/2007 -  Monday
Kate and I got the respone we wanted after speaking to the Portuguese ploice today. We are assured that no criticism of our actions on the night Madeline disappeared was intended.

MONDAY, JUNE 18: I spent a few lovely hours with Sean and Amelie building a sandcastle with a moat, getting big hugs from Sean, ice creams.
Day 47 - 19/06/2007 - Tuesday
Flew in to London to for a series of meetings. Helped a passenger on the flight who collapsed. He was ill enough to require a full assessment on arrival and went off to hospital in an ambulance. 
Unfortunately shortly after arriving in London I had my wallet stolen which meant I was running late. I did manage to get to all my meetings which ran late into the evening.
TUESDAY, JUNE 19: Last night I didn't manage to get to sleep until around 1am because I was so upset again. 
Day 48 - 20/06/2007 - Wednesday
Another busy day of meetings this time in Leicester. No mishaps thankfully.The main meeting was that of Maddeleines fund where we discussed implementing a strategy to maintain our campaign to find Madeleine.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20: There is still no sign of Madeleine. I didn't feel like it so I decided not to go running.
Went to pick up Gerry from the airport. It was so good to see him. Just before we reached the apartment we saw a man lying in the middle of the street, so we stopped the car and got out. It was no surprise to see that he was drunk (we've all been there!) but he recognised Gerry and me immediately. Gerry walked him round to his apartment.

Day 49 - 21/06/2007 - Thursday
Met with the Portuguese police today for an update. Their committemnt to find Madeleine matches ours and we all hope for that vital breakthrough every day.
THURSDAY, JUNE 21: I went to the church around 9.20pm to pray a bit by myself, in peace. I got a bit annoyed, I don't understand why God doesn't answer my prayers. Apart from a glass of wine, chocolate and this diary, there's nothing much else to tell.
Day 50 - 22/06/2007 -  Friday
We were not planning to say anything at the launch but there was such a large turnout from Portuguese TV who we have not spoken
to for some time that we decided to answer their questions.

FRIDAY, JUNE 22: I miss Madeleine loads and that's a real understatement. Sometimes I think I must have done something so bad. It was so difficult and painful 'trying' to have Madeleine and now this!!!
Day 51 - 23/06/2007 - Saturday
Relatively quiet day today although we did spend some time planning campaign strategy this morning.
SATURDAY, JUNE 23: I woke up after 7am hesitating (again!) about going running but eventually I built up enough enthusiasm to convince Gerry that we should go. He ran quite well and without a doubt it was worth us going.
Day 52 - 24/06/2007 - Sunday
There are very little media left in Praia da Luz although there was still one cameraman and photgrapher outside the church. 
We have managed to look at a few properties to rent in the last couple of days and I think we have found somewhere suitable to live until we return back to the UK with Madeleine
SUNDAY, JUNE 24: Oh, Madeleine, I find the nights so difficult and only God knows how things are going to find you. I just want to say, once again, that you have been the most special and amazing thing that ever happened to me
Day 53 - 25/06/2007 -  Monday
I will be having another admin day tomorrow working on implementing our campaign events.

Day 54 - 26/06/2007 -  Tuesday
Met with the Portuguese and British police for an update on the investigation.
TUESDAY, JUNE 26: I went for a short walk to the shops nearby. I had heard that there was a paedophile there. Nice, isn't it'
If people informed us about these criminals of course we'd be more cautious and we'd feel safer!

Day 56 - 28/06/2007  - Thursday
Busy day- some very good phone calls with important child welfare organsations who we will be working closely with in the future. I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleines disappearance in the long term. 

Day 57 - 29/06/2007 - Friday
Early rise this morning dropping off and picking up good friends from the airport. One of our friends from Amsterdam, who has been
actively campaigning to publicise Madeleines disappearance, dropped in to see us for a couple of hours since he is on a golfing trip in the Algarve.
Our friends brought back my wallet which had been returned, needless to say minus the Sterling, although all my cards and €30 were still in it! It is good to have my driving license back and one or two other important things.
Day 58 - 30/06/2007 - Saturday
2nd version
Staying in the Algarve also makes it easier to stay in touch with the Portuguese polce, this is particularly important with the investigation being so active.

Notes:
on quite a few occasions it is clear they were not bothered by the press and controlled it completely.

Gerry mentions the Sagres get together without mentioning the large number of family and friends who flew in just prior to this, such as Michael Wright and his wife who were to look after the children.
Kate doesn't mention Sagres at all. that was on the 9th.
But Gerry mentions 40 days on the 12th, (if Maddie really died on the 30th that would work very well for the 9th family memorial day)
Tuesday June the 19th was the night Kate phoned the PJ telling them about a dream? Having seen M lying on a hill. Which the PJ hoped was the breakthrough.
The diary is so evidently post factum that I've deleted all the sick fest 'Darling Madeleine etc.'.
The month ends with a justification for staying in Portugal, although he had already told a journalist the kids weren't due to start school for 3 years.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: June 2007 - blog and diary.

Post by jd on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:52 pm

How dare they insinuate that our daughter's life could be put in danger because of us.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at this one!

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Up on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:05 pm

TUESDAY, JUNE 19:" Last night I didn't manage to get to sleep until around 1am because I was so upset again"

I would be as "upset" and up to this ungodly hour of, erm...1am, if my budgerigar had snuffed it. My own daughter? I don't think that sleep would ever come to me again.

Fred Up

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:18 pm

The mccanns are very big on landmark dates eg. 40 days, 100 days etc and to me this is a very big clue to the date when Maddie met her fate whatever day it may be. Having studied the blogs and mobile phone activities amongst other things it was all pointing to the 30th April as there was consistency there. Didn't kate blank the 30th April in her book? the strange day in Sagres? And murat had a lot of phone activity on the 30th April and hurriedly booked his flight that evening to the UK for the 7am on May 1st. Then there are the creche reports. These are just a couple of many things pointing to this date imo

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kikoraton on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:29 pm

"on the 30th April and hurriedly booked his flight that evening to the UK"
That's what we used to believe, but altho I hesitate to give credit to posters who used to denigrate my conclusions at every opportunity, I eventually came to accept their interpretation of the PJ/Murat interview, which was that he was explaining (I think the translation was poor) that he had booked the flight on the night of 29/30 April.
That's still at pretty short notice for a flight on 1 May.
It doesn't affect my conclusion (that the creche records were being falsified by Gerry from the morning of 29 April). In other words, everything was in place and ready to kick off by the time Murat booked his flight. That booking, as I understand, was after midnight on 29 April. The booking may also have been the motive for a call on J Tanner's mobile at 0412 on 29 April.

kikoraton
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:44 pm

I posted this because I'm convinced the first three weeks of June were pivotal.
Note in the diary practically no mention of car journeys.
Kate going spare because there is nothing to get the twins to sleep.
Twice repeated the 'fear of pain' of Madeleine. Completely loses it twice and contacts the PJ - second time during G's absence - not mentioned. The last time about her dream. (Fear of pain is changed to 'fear and pain" in the bewk - editor I think)
Gerry slips up and talks about 'Maddie'.
All through it's pretty clear the press isn't hanging around. TM seem in total control of the press.
Gerry is the only source for the airplane/wallet/returned wallet. Kate gives us the drunk in the road. Kate forgets Gerry's birthday - too much NZ white?
But on the 16th they visit a zoo, get photographed and seem to be very happy.

The general tone in Kate's diary is resentment more than anything else.
Gerry actually seems in his element, speaking the political/marketing jargon he so loves.

Now I'd be very interested in the phone pings between the 24th May and the 8th of June, when Sean developed the taste for sea bass.
Was it during that interval that the pings and the barn occur?

As far as the number of days goes: significant that Gerry is fudging the dates from time to time.
But I'm still going with the obligations to the dead: 3 days, 12 days, 40 days, 3 months.
3/5 church/12/5 service church/40 family remembrance/3 months goodbye at graveside Huelva. Fits too well imo.

The typos are all Gerry's own.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:45 pm

I've never heard of a child having "fear of pain." I remember being sat up on a work surface to have my cut knee dressed on many occasions.It never stopped me from running full pelt again though.

I visited a niece in a cancer ward, luckily recovered, but she the sweet thing was oblivious to how the adults were suffering for her. It was us who held our tears until outside the hospital. She had no fear of pain as she'd never known it.

Is the mother then referring to inflicted pain by an adult such as jabs in the arm? I can't think of any other.

" We confirmed that there will be a period of reflection before we decide on what is the best role for Kate and I"

Humm. Role? Either they are both very poor communicators or?

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:43 pm

@Fred Up wrote:TUESDAY, JUNE 19:" Last night I didn't manage to get to sleep until around 1am because I was so upset again"

I would be as "upset" and up to this ungodly hour of, erm...1am, if my budgerigar had snuffed it. My own daughter? I don't think that sleep would ever come to me again.

It's this one that struck me. It was so difficult and painful 'trying' to have Madeleine and now this!!!!
As a description of losing your daughter to a paedophile it lacks emotion - just conveys annoyance and of course the sufferer in this sentence is Kate, not Maddie.

I saved ages for a new car and now it's write off!!!! is about the equivalent.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:48 pm

@Spaniel wrote:I've never heard of a child having "fear of pain." I remember being sat up on a work surface to have my cut knee dressed on many occasions.It never stopped me from running full pelt again though.

I visited a niece in a cancer ward, luckily recovered, but she the sweet thing was oblivious to how the adults were suffering for her. It was us who held our tears until outside the hospital. She had no fear of pain as she'd never known it.

Is the mother then referring to inflicted pain by an adult such as jabs in the arm? I can't think of any other.

" We confirmed that there will be a period of reflection before we decide on what is the best role for Kate and I"

Humm. Role? Either they are both very poor communicators or?

It did go to their heads rather, didn't it? Were they thinking of helping the Royals with goodwill visits?

The fear of pain bothers me no end. As it was purposely changed in the book to 'fear and pain' it shouts even louder imo.
A child will be very frightened of pain if she has had at least one experience of it already and knows what is coming. Can't imagine that an injection would hurt a lot.
Playing wildly and falling off a bike wouldn't make her expect pain.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:02 pm

@tigger wrote:Really, really tried to cut as much as possible. Have simply outlined in bold important bits, all is heavily snipped. With thanks to Pamalan where you can see the full entries side by side. http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DIARY_BLOG.htm

26th
Tomorrow will be a family day. We are doing a photo-shoot with the twins for the Sunday newspapers in the morning
FRIDAY, JUNE 1: Quite fed up...I can't stop thinking about Madeleine, about her fear of pain.

Apart from the complete contradiction of it being a family day and they're going to do a photo-shoot (what normal person would call it a photo-shoot) for the Sunday newspapers...do you mean the UK Sunday's? best get on the matching tee shirts, do our hair, look happy and smiley caring for our two remaining kids then. Why would you do a 'photo-shoot' with the twins? What was the purpose of that? How could that possibly sit well with the Portuguese people in PDL who gave up their time to look for Madeleine? Why would you even blog about it?

Still, they were really busy.

Day 30 - 02/06/2007 - Saturday
We did visit a local beach with Sean, Amelie and the rest of the family who are here and managed to get a bite to eat.
SATURDAY, JUNE 2:
Fed up again 'poor M. Once again it took a long time before S and A were sorted..
Thinking about her fear of pain breaks my heart. Thinking about paedophiles makes me want to tear at my own skin.

...you may see a picture of me in a green and yellow find Madeleine t-shirt in tomorrow’s paper. The t-shirts were brought over by Phil and later on I thought better about wearing it around the resort she was taken from.
TUESDAY, JUNE 5: I asked if they could make birthday cards for their Grandma and Gerry' today is his birthday but I had forgotten which is not surprising!
...The event was organsied by the Sun who, like almost all of the media, have been incredibly supportive. I told Nick, the Sun journalist, that we are happy to support all strategies which increase the chances of finding Madeleine. Later in the afternoon we went down to the beach and had dinner in one of the restaurants which Sean and Amelie really enjoyed. Sean, in particular has acquired a taste for sea-bass! Tommorrow will largely be a family day although I am not sure what we will be doing yet.
..a short press interview for the Irish Sunday papers, mainly to thank the Irish for their fantastic level of support. We followed that with one for the British Sundays which is likely to be the last one we do for a while.
After this we headed down to Sagres which is the very most southwestern tip of Portugal. There is a very nice beach and we had lunch with the family.
We did a couple of interviews for ITV and Sky and followed up our Newspaper interviews focussing on a change in the phase of the campaign. We confirmed that there will be a period of reflection before we decide on what is the best role for Kate and I.
Tonight we have also gone to the church for prayers, as it is now 40 days and nights since Madeleine was abducted.
Met with Portuguese and British police today to get an update on the investigation.
instrumental in helping with the campaign. He has been fantastic, producing the DVD of Madeleine to ‘Don’t you forget about me’
which has been shown at many sporting events and concerts as well as producing the look for maddie logo and various posters.
We spent most of the day updating each other and discussing future campaign ideas. We are getting closer to appointing a campaign manager who will handle media liaison and coordinating events to keep Madeleine’s disappearance highly visible
Day 44 - 16/06/2007 - Saturday
Kate and I dropped Jon at the airport this morning and picked up some more friends/family who have come out to see us, but
particularly the twins. They were certainly happy to see our visitors! After lunch we headed off to the local zoo. Relatively quiet on the campaign front today as it is a family day.
Day 45 - 17/06/2007 - Sunday
The first event of our longer term campaign will be on Friday 22nd June- this will mark the 50th day Madeleine will be missing.
SUNDAY, JUNE 17: Cherie Blair (then the Premier's wife) phoned to find out how we were.
I also had the chance to speak to Tony (then Prime Minister) who told me that we weren't to hesitate to ask him if there was something he could do to help.
On Sky News tonight they suddenly said the Portuguese police had stated that the crime scene had been contaminated—because of us—and that fundamental evidence had been lost. How dare they insinuate that our daughter's life could be put in danger because of us. Very angry. Very upset.

I changed my mind and I sent a text message to Ricardo (Portuguese police family liaison officer). I don't know if was a sensible idea but I feel really annoyed.
SUNDAY, JUNE 17:
Day 46 - 18/06/2007 - Monday
Kate and I got the respone we wanted after speaking to the Portuguese ploice today. We are assured that no criticism of our actions on the night Madeline disappeared was intended.

MONDAY, JUNE 18: I spent a few lovely hours with Sean and Amelie building a sandcastle with a moat, getting big hugs from Sean, ice creams.
Flew in to London to for a series of meetings. Helped a passenger on the flight who collapsed. He was ill enough to require a full assessment on arrival and went off to hospital in an ambulance. 
Unfortunately shortly after arriving in London I had my wallet stolen which meant I was running late. I did manage to get to all my meetings which ran late into the evening.
TUESDAY, JUNE 19: Last night I didn't manage to get to sleep until around 1am because I was so upset again.
Another busy day of meetings this time in Leicester. No mishaps thankfully.The main meeting was that of Maddeleines fund where we discussed implementing a strategy to maintain our campaign to find Madeleine.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20: There is still no sign of Madeleine. I didn't feel like it so I decided not to go running.
Went to pick up Gerry from the airport. It was so good to see him. Just before we reached the apartment we saw a man lying in the middle of the street, so we stopped the car and got out. It was no surprise to see that he was drunk (we've all been there!) but he recognised Gerry and me immediately. Gerry walked him round to his apartment.

Met with the Portuguese police today for an update. Their committemnt to find Madeleine matches ours and we all hope for that vital breakthrough every day.
THURSDAY, JUNE 21: I went to the church around 9.20pm to pray a bit by myself, in peace. I got a bit annoyed, I don't understand why God doesn't answer my prayers. Apart from a glass of wine, chocolate and this diary, there's nothing much else to tell.
Day 50 - 22/06/2007 - Friday
We were not planning to say anything at the launch but there was such a large turnout from Portuguese TV who we have not spoken

FRIDAY, JUNE 22: I miss Madeleine loads and that's a real understatement. Sometimes I think I must have done something so bad. It was so difficult and painful 'trying' to have Madeleine and now this!!!
Relatively quiet day today although we did spend some time planning campaign strategy this morning.
SATURDAY, JUNE 23: I woke up after 7am hesitating (again!) about going running but eventually I built up enough enthusiasm to convince Gerry that we should go. He ran quite well and without a doubt it was worth us going.
There are very little media left in Praia da Luz although there was still one cameraman and photgrapher outside the church. 
We have managed to look at a few properties to rent in the last couple of days and I think we have found somewhere suitable to live until we return back to the UK with Madeleine
SUNDAY, JUNE 24: Oh, Madeleine, I find the nights so difficult and only God knows how things are going to find you. I just want to say, once again, that you have been the most special and amazing thing that ever happened to me
Day 53 - 25/06/2007 - Monday
I will be having another admin day tomorrow working on implementing our campaign events.

Day 54 - 26/06/2007 - Tuesday
TUESDAY, JUNE 26: I went for a short walk to the shops nearby. I had heard that there was a paedophile there. Nice, isn't it'
If people informed us about these criminals of course we'd be more cautious and we'd feel safer!

Day 56 - 28/06/2007 - Thursday
Busy day- some very good phone calls with important child welfare organsations who we will be working closely with in the future. I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleines disappearance in the long term. 

Early rise this morning dropping off and picking up good friends from the airport. One of our friends from Amsterdam, who has been
actively campaigning to publicise Madeleines disappearance, dropped in to see us for a couple of hours since he is on a golfing trip in the Algarve.
Our friends brought back my wallet which had been returned, needless to say minus the Sterling, although all my cards and €30 were still in it! It is good to have my driving license back and one or two other important things.
Day 58 - 30/06/2007 - Saturday
2nd version
Staying in the Algarve also makes it easier to stay in touch with the Portuguese polce, this is particularly important with the investigation being so active.

Notes:
on quite a few occasions it is clear they were not bothered by the press and controlled it completely.

Gerry mentions the Sagres get together without mentioning the large number of family and friends who flew in just prior to this, such as Michael Wright and his wife who were to look after the children.
But Gerry mentions 40 days on the 12th, (if Maddie really died on the 30th that would work very well for the 9th family memorial day)
Tuesday June the 19th was the night Kate phoned the PJ telling them about a dream? Having seen M lying on a hill. Which the PJ hoped was the breakthrough.
The diary is so evidently post factum that I've deleted all the sick fest 'Darling Madeleine etc.'.
The month ends with a justification for staying in Portugal, although he had already told a journalist the kids weren't due to start school for 3 years.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi,
Haven't been able to post due to a hospital stay, but this thread is really interesting. The idea of fear of pain/fear and pain is, I agree, important . First, it was changed for the bewk, probably as it was a slip up in the first place. Things get done for a reason with these people. Then the actual words. Most children, especially at that age, have no experience of pain.As such there is little fear. An earlier poster said rightly, unless a child was expecting pain has experienced it before. Quite likely if a parent is angry, lonely,unable to cope, facing daily tantrums and possible regular infant illness. Parents have been known. to snap. Absent father, mother getting fed up because a projected lifestyle not happening. Just an opinion but not beyond the realms of possibility.
The picture of perfect parents as portrayed by T7 has never quite washed with me. If we are to believe the legend, a blissful marriage completed by ivf children, all wonderful. Then the odd tales of crying, running away, wilful behaviour, taking a long time to get children sorted, yet still wanting a have it all lifestyle. No, it just does not square up.

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:17 pm

@tigger wrote:Really, really tried to cut as much as possible. Have simply outlined in bold important bits, all is heavily snipped. With thanks to Pamalan where you can see the full entries side by side. http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DIARY_BLOG.htm

26th

SATURDAY, JUNE 2:

SUNDAY, JUNE 17:

2nd version

Notes:

Please put this into forsensic linguistics. Apologies if it is already there and I've missed it.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kikoraton on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Oh dear - tiny Sean and his liking for sea-bass! With choice of toppings, no doubt!
It's possibly a heads-up to the Irish contingent (note the adjacent reference to the Irish people) concerning the family get-together at Sagres. Both Sagres and Donegal have Atlantic-facing coasts. Sagres has been a sacred place since prehistoric times. Of Donegal, I'm not so sure, but it boasts Killybegs sea-bass angling trips, just as sea-bass is caught off Sagres as well. A neat link between the two places, both of which may have held family ceremonies. One for those who could get to PT, the other for those who stayed at home.

kikoraton
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:35 pm

[quote="tigger"]Really, really tried to cut as much as possible. Have simply outlined in bold important bits, all is heavily snipped. With thanks to Pamalan where you can see the full entries side by side. http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DIARY_BLOG.htm

wasn't it you who were grateful they were there? wasn't it you and your family (allegedly that called them within hours?)

26th

SATURDAY, JUNE 2:

oh please someone look into how many references in this simple blog refer to bedtime and eating

is that the same skin that went on a run? is that the same skin that managed to eat, moan about not getting the twins to bed, is it the same skin that was washed and made up for the press conferences...tell us about your skin

great that you care about what tee shirt you're wearing

oh how good you were on first name terms

SUNDAY, JUNE 17:

2nd version

Notes:

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:04 pm

I remember the articles in the Sunday papers on 10th June 2007. GMc said that they would not be doing any more trips for some time as they needed to take time to grieve. One of the journalists commented ( as an aside) that " grieve" was an odd choice of word given that they believed Madeleine to be alive.

I wished that I had kept the hard copy as the web versions of this article do not contain the journalist`s comment.........

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:33 pm

I thought they were never doing enough?

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Day 23 -26/05/2007 - Saturday
The interviewers were very kind but did not shirk from asking us some extremely difficult questions. We answered them all and although painful will allow us to move on in our search for Madeleine.

So why didn't they answer the police questions if by their own admission they know it would allow the search to move on?

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Day 23 -26/05/2007 - Saturday

SATURDAY, MAY 26: We went to an amusement park with the kids. Some phone calls, emails etc. Not a very good day for either the two of us' some dark thoughts/ frustrations/ desperation creeping in. Some tears.
(Then in a moving little message to Madeleine) I love you so much XXX

A picture from 26th May

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Another snippet from the diary June 17th: My darling little Madeleine, you know that we wouldn't do anything to put you in danger.

Really...so leaving Madeleine alone with the twins in the apartment wasn't putting Madeleine or the twins in danger?

Involving the media and sending out the posters, despite the PJ asking them not to as it could endanger Madeleine's life wasn't endangering her life?

The McCanns have no parenting or police skills, although they seem to think they have.

Ollie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:21 am

@kikoraton wrote:Oh dear - tiny Sean and his liking for sea-bass! With choice of toppings, no doubt!
It's possibly a heads-up to the Irish contingent (note the adjacent reference to the Irish people) concerning the family get-together at Sagres. Both Sagres and Donegal have Atlantic-facing coasts. Sagres has been a sacred place since prehistoric times. Of Donegal, I'm not so sure, but it boasts Killybegs sea-bass angling trips, just as sea-bass is caught off Sagres as well. A neat link between the two places, both of which may have held family ceremonies. One for those who could get to PT, the other for those who stayed at home.

I see the sea bass as an excuse for the bad smell in the car - I think one of the books on forensics found in the villa had a piece about sea bass giving off cadaverine scent. That's why I think something happened between the 24th May and 8th June - the mention of sea bass.
Double whammy? They were certainly playing to the Irish vote of sympathy - we've already established that the Donegal trip and the close connections there are just not in evidence. Another holiday with all of three photos. None of them as a 'family'.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:34 am

I see the sea bass as an excuse for the bad smell in the car - I think one of the books on forensics found in the villa had a piece about sea bass giving off cadaverine scent. That's why I think something happened between the 24th May and 8th June - the mention of sea bass.
Double whammy? They were certainly playing to the Irish vote of sympathy - we've already established that the Donegal trip and the close connections there are just not in evidence. Another holiday with all of three photos. None of them as a 'family'.

I don't believe that the mccanns are guilty because of the above. What has totally swayed my opinion which as soon as I saw it I completely believed it......was the word 'mystery' at the top of the forum. Yep reading this word was it for me....If I hadn't see the word mystery I would still believe the mccann version and be giving them all my hard earned cash but the word 'mystery' stopped all this and has giving me doubts

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kikoraton on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm not sure that anyone has grasped my point about the possibility of a double ceremony, each on the wild Atlantic coast, but a thousand km apart. Followed by a "period of grieving".

kikoraton
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:01 pm

@tigger wrote:I see the sea bass as an excuse for the bad smell in the car - I think one of the books on forensics found in the villa had a piece about sea bass giving off cadaverine scent. That's why I think something happened between the 24th May and 8th June - the mention of sea bass.

Sea bass does not give off the scent of cadaverine, that's absolute nonsense.

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:02 pm

When you are a parent, it is a 24 hour a day job, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Every day should be a 'family' day.
'Me time' takes second place, being 'so into' friends(or were they aquaintances?) is not an option and leaving 3 children alone in a lonely,strange place is not what most people would call responsible parenting. You have children, it is your RESPONSIBILITY to look after them and when things go wrong, it is your own mirror you look into when looking for someone to take responsibility. Of course on a world where jargon has taken over, problems are known as issues and resolution is called closure then it is so easy for the waters to ne muddied by misinformation..Nevertheless parental responsibility is exactly that, not a campaign, not an agenda, not a book, not interviews, simply being responsible for your children 24/7/365 and also, it never really ends. For real patents, we know that already, for those with other priorities, perhaps a good pre-parent lecture would have been a good idea.

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:10 pm

@kikoraton wrote:I'm not sure that anyone has grasped my point about the possibility of a double ceremony, each on the wild Atlantic coast, but a thousand km apart. Followed by a "period of grieving".

I got it, and the timings make sense from the religious point of view. However, imo, the religious 'zeal' exhibited by certain parties seems to be of pragmatic design and added to the myths to put a sympathetic slant on things. The questioning of God comments seem to have been lifted from another publication I have read but I cannot remember where at the moment.

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum