The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by pennylane on 08.02.12 12:32

Pat Brown's visit to Portugal, and the possibility of her finding out something detrimental to the McCanns story, would no doubt be most worrying for TM. It is not for no reason that they've spent extraordinary amounts of money and time attempting to silence Goncalo Amaral; and now (oh deary me) Tony, Pat and Goncalo are communicating and linking up. This is the worst possible scenario for TM who must be fully aware that the lovely Pat Brown is outside their threatening and bullying control.

Assuming the parameters of the Review are dodgy, then the 'Yard to call in Tapas 7' headline may have been arranged in an attempt to make the investigation appear more legit and thorough in light of recent events.... and I wouldn't put it past certain people to pull a stunt like that. Of course as has been mentioned above, this could be an absolutely baseless story, stating a likely occurrence. What I really hope is that the Met's Review is legit, and that the detectives have done much digging around, and come full circle right back to the most likely culprits, and as a result are hauling them ALL in for some very awkward, in-depth questioning. flag

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by Miraflores on 08.02.12 12:36

Do the McCanns need to go to court today or can they take action against Tony 'in absentia'?

Miraflores

Posts : 845
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by aiyoyo on 08.02.12 13:24

Again, I must be the only one who is optimistic.

If this is mccanns' spin as some people seemed to believe, just to make the Yard's review look legit, unless the Yard are in cohort with them, how would they appear to the Yard? The last thing they would want is to bring attention to their disgraceful past behavior - if they spin such a tale during ongoing review without basis they would have confirmed to the Yard all their past stories during active ongoing PJ investigations were just spins.
If the Yard are in it to whitewash there is no need for the mccanns to spin anything. Rather it is for the Yard to spin it, imo.

If this headlines is merely spin, then it must the Express and Mail' s doing so as to sensationalize headlines.
Either the newspapers have a source in the Yard (which I doubt, I dont believe the Yard will leak anything like that especially now in the thick of the hack inquiry) or the newspapers must have concluded that themselves based on the general comments of the Yard that they would be ready to interview people once they laid the groundwork. This may simply be the newspapers shooting from the hip and nothing else. Or it may be they have their source but due to professional and ethical reasons cant name their source.

The Express and Mail would lose credibility if their headlines prove later to be misinformation. They have always been sycophantic hence it's always better to take their articles with a large bucket of salt, but one never knows, only time will tell.






aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by juliet on 08.02.12 13:46

I agree that this was solely the work of the Express (with the Mail pinching the story from them).

It could have been published at any time in the past (or future) few weeks - the Express knows that sooner of later the Tapas 7 will be interviewed, and just made something of it. The headline, and the fact of the story at all, was either to boost sales, or to have a little nudge at the McCanns, or a bit of both.

Clarence, on the back foot, just burbled about the Tapas 7 always being ready to oblige interviewers.

Richard Desmond, as he told the Leveson Inquiry, knows most people don't swallow the McCann version of events.

juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by tigger on 08.02.12 15:07

@juliet wrote:I agree that this was solely the work of the Express (with the Mail pinching the story from them).

It could have been published at any time in the past (or future) few weeks - the Express knows that sooner of later the Tapas 7 will be interviewed, and just made something of it. The headline, and the fact of the story at all, was either to boost sales, or to have a little nudge at the McCanns, or a bit of both.

Clarence, on the back foot, just burbled about the Tapas 7 always being ready to oblige interviewers.

Richard Desmond, as he told the Leveson Inquiry, knows most people don't swallow the McCann version of events.


Did he? Great! I'm not following much of the Leveson farce, because that's what it is. Where did Leveson get his instructions? Because it looks as if his mind was made up before the hearings.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by juliet on 08.02.12 16:05

What Richard Desmond said to the Leveson Inquiry was a very insouciant: "I apologise again to the McCanns etc etc etc, but there are views about the McCanns and what happened."

This was so refreshing after hearing Leveson grovel to the McCanns as if they were visiting Royalty. "May I thank you, your wonderfulnesses, for deigning to attend my humble hearing..." or words to that effect.

Desmond was clearly not giving a damn about the McCanns, and it seems likely that he put in Sunday's piece, with its provocative headline (initially at least) just to stir things up a bit.

juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by rainbow-fairy on 08.02.12 16:26

@aiyoyo wrote:Again, I must be the only one who is optimistic.

If this is mccanns' spin as some people seemed to believe, just to make the Yard's review look legit, unless the Yard are in cohort with them, how would they appear to the Yard? The last thing they would want is to bring attention to their disgraceful past behavior - if they spin such a tale during ongoing review without basis they would have confirmed to the Yard all their past stories during active ongoing PJ investigations were just spins.
If the Yard are in it to whitewash there is no need for the mccanns to spin anything. Rather it is for the Yard to spin it, imo.

If this headlines is merely spin, then it must the Express and Mail' s doing so as to sensationalize headlines.
Either the newspapers have a source in the Yard (which I doubt, I dont believe the Yard will leak anything like that especially now in the thick of the hack inquiry) or the newspapers must have concluded that themselves based on the general comments of the Yard that they would be ready to interview people once they laid the groundwork. This may simply be the newspapers shooting from the hip and nothing else. Or it may be they have their source but due to professional and ethical reasons cant name their source.

The Express and Mail would lose credibility if their headlines prove later to be misinformation. They have always been sycophantic hence it's always better to take their articles with a large bucket of salt, but one never knows, only time will tell.





not at all aiyoyo, not all! If you re-read my comments you'll see that I for one am not at all convinced this is McCann spin. I just don't believ they'd push any story that looks inward at themselves or the T7 OR their actions that night. It doesn't ring true.
If it were a story that said 'Yard to follow up Maddie gypsy snatch' itd be pretty certain it was McSpin. This just doesn't have their hallmark, IMO (unless they are changing tactics)

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by Cheshire Cat on 08.02.12 16:35

@juliet wrote:What Richard Desmond said to the Leveson Inquiry was a very insouciant: "I apologise again to the McCanns etc etc etc, but there are views about the McCanns and what happened."

This was so refreshing after hearing Leveson grovel to the McCanns as if they were visiting Royalty. "May I thank you, your wonderfulnesses, for deigning to attend my humble hearing..." or words to that effect.

Desmond was clearly not giving a damn about the McCanns, and it seems likely that he put in Sunday's piece, with its provocative headline (initially at least) just to stir things up a bit.

I think it more likely that Clarence selected the Sunday Express precisely because the story would appear more credible to the McCann sceptics if it appeared in Desmonds paper. All Desmond really cares about is circulation and that was nice exclusive for him!

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 660
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by juliet on 08.02.12 19:36

I can't really see how this story benefits the McCanns. Surely it would just remind people that there was always something fishy about the Tapas 7, and underline the feeling that "Aha, Scotland Yard are on to them, that weird children-neglecting gang of medics".

I don't see how it would divert attention from Pat Brown as hardly anyone in the UK knows about Pat Brown or her trip to Portugal.

juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by rainbow-fairy on 08.02.12 21:03

@juliet wrote:I can't really see how this story benefits the McCanns. Surely it would just remind people that there was always something fishy about the Tapas 7, and underline the feeling that "Aha, Scotland Yard are on to them, that weird children-neglecting gang of medics".

I don't see how it would divert attention from Pat Brown as hardly anyone in the UK knows about Pat Brown or her trip to Portugal.
juliet, I totally agree. 100%.

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by juliet on 08.02.12 21:47

Thank you rainbowfairy. I like to think it's Richard Desmond cocking a snook McCann-wards!

juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by rainbow-fairy on 08.02.12 23:23

@juliet wrote:Thank you rainbowfairy. I like to think it's Richard Desmond cocking a snook McCann-wards!
Me too juliet!
I just can't see this being McSpin. If it were a 'new lead' 'posh spice lookalike' or even 'swarthy eggman hunt is on' I could believe it.
I guess the only way it could be a TM invention is to say 'Hey, the review is so thorough, they are even looking at us again' but no, I still don't see it. They've always been so resistant to the investigative spotlight shining in their direction hence someone should find out something they shouldn't. I just think a piece like this would be a massive risk for them.
There is NO need, in the mainstream media, to take focus off Pat's PdL trip. Your average Joe won't have a clue about it. Its sad, but mr and mrs average don't really care about maddie or the mccanns anymore, they are just a fading memory. Of course, if a conviction ever looks likely media attention will whip them all into a frenzy again! Til then, those who care about the case can be broadly divided thus;
1)Those of us who don't believe the official story and are looking for justice for Madeleine
2)Those desperately pushing the 'abduction scenario' and backing the McCanns to the hilt
3)Those with a personal reason to carry on the deception

Are there more?

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by aiyoyo on 09.02.12 3:29

@Cheshire Cat wrote:
@juliet wrote:What Richard Desmond said to the Leveson Inquiry was a very insouciant: "I apologise again to the McCanns etc etc etc, but there are views about the McCanns and what happened."

This was so refreshing after hearing Leveson grovel to the McCanns as if they were visiting Royalty. "May I thank you, your wonderfulnesses, for deigning to attend my humble hearing..." or words to that effect.

Desmond was clearly not giving a damn about the McCanns, and it seems likely that he put in Sunday's piece, with its provocative headline (initially at least) just to stir things up a bit.

I think it more likely that Clarence selected the Sunday Express precisely because the story would appear more credible to the McCann sceptics if it appeared in Desmonds paper. All Desmond really cares about is circulation and that was nice exclusive for him!


Oh come on Cheshire Cat, realistically you really think Desmond has time of the day for the like of CM or what he wants Desmond's paper to print?

Besides, the mccanns always give their exclusives to the SUN only. It's never an inclusive with the mccanns, especially not the Express.

The Express is waiting to get back their money. I am sure they are waiting to serve their just desserts come what may.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 09.02.12 6:07

@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@juliet wrote:I can't really see how this story benefits the McCanns. Surely it would just remind people that there was always something fishy about the Tapas 7, and underline the feeling that "Aha, Scotland Yard are on to them, that weird children-neglecting gang of medics".

I don't see how it would divert attention from Pat Brown as hardly anyone in the UK knows about Pat Brown or her trip to Portugal.
juliet, I totally agree. 100%.

Ditto.

The newspapers don't like making payouts, they don't like being called into enquiries or be testified against after they have settled with a complainant, they will be waiting for the first opportunity for payback IMO. Likewise, the Mc's took a huge payment[strike] settlement for Kates diaries, then went on to use some rather strong terms to describe their feelings afterwards, it seemed as though Pinky had brokered a deal with the journos, at least from the LI video, then hot-footed it off stage left when rumbled.

The media have been used when convenient then given a hard slap when they didn't follow orders/script. It doesn't work that way, even a fool knows that.

IF, and it's a pretty big if, anything 100% concrete emerges about certain persons involvement in the disappearance, the media will IMO conduct a, metaphorically speaking, comprehensive slaughter of all those that jerked them around. And I would tentatively speculate that the draft copy for that day has been squirrelled away already.

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by rainbow-fairy on 09.02.12 7:26

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@juliet wrote:I can't really see how this story benefits the McCanns. Surely it would just remind people that there was always something fishy about the Tapas 7, and underline the feeling that "Aha, Scotland Yard are on to them, that weird children-neglecting gang of medics".

I don't see how it would divert attention from Pat Brown as hardly anyone in the UK knows about Pat Brown or her trip to Portugal.
juliet, I totally agree. 100%.

Ditto.

The newspapers don't like making payouts, they don't like being called into enquiries or be testified against after they have settled with a complainant, they will be waiting for the first opportunity for payback IMO. Likewise, the Mc's took a huge payment[strike] settlement for Kates diaries, then went on to use some rather strong terms to describe their feelings afterwards, it seemed as though Pinky had brokered a deal with the journos, at least from the LI video, then hot-footed it off stage left when rumbled.

The media have been used when convenient then given a hard slap when they didn't follow orders/script. It doesn't work that way, even a fool knows that.

IF, and it's a pretty big if, anything 100% concrete emerges about certain persons involvement in the disappearance, the media will IMO conduct a, metaphorically speaking, comprehensive slaughter of all those that jerked them around. And I would tentatively speculate that the draft copy for that day has been squirrelled away already.
You betcha, Smokeandmirrors! In the same way that TV stations have at-the-ready obituaries for the Royals etc, I'd put my last penny on the fact the papers have an 'Arrest Special - How the Drama Unfolded' and another may be 'The Vilest Lie Ever'.
They will be wanting serious payback... You have to remember, I'd say all the journo's who were there at the time have very strong ideas about what happened - even sick-making Lazzeri (who wrote some pretty 'vile' stuff about TMcC herself). The stories only stopped and changed focus when the payouts began. Its been intimated more than once that the papers, in the present climate, just won't risk printing anything anti-McCann for fear of the ensuing libel payouts.
The journo's are not stupid, they know which side their bread is buttered. They need their job so print what they are told. I'll bet even Ms Lazzeri doesn't believe the McCanns as strongly as she appears to. That evidence, once seen, doesn't disappear. They are (fairly) intelligent people and most will have drawn the exact same conclusions as us (great big stinking rat).
They will be watching, waiting... Ready for the day they can exact their brutal revenge - and they will love EVERY minute of it (and the massive increase in sales!)

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by aquila on 09.02.12 7:34

@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@juliet wrote:I can't really see how this story benefits the McCanns. Surely it would just remind people that there was always something fishy about the Tapas 7, and underline the feeling that "Aha, Scotland Yard are on to them, that weird children-neglecting gang of medics".

I don't see how it would divert attention from Pat Brown as hardly anyone in the UK knows about Pat Brown or her trip to Portugal.
juliet, I totally agree. 100%.

Ditto.

The newspapers don't like making payouts, they don't like being called into enquiries or be testified against after they have settled with a complainant, they will be waiting for the first opportunity for payback IMO. Likewise, the Mc's took a huge payment[strike] settlement for Kates diaries, then went on to use some rather strong terms to describe their feelings afterwards, it seemed as though Pinky had brokered a deal with the journos, at least from the LI video, then hot-footed it off stage left when rumbled.

The media have been used when convenient then given a hard slap when they didn't follow orders/script. It doesn't work that way, even a fool knows that.

IF, and it's a pretty big if, anything 100% concrete emerges about certain persons involvement in the disappearance, the media will IMO conduct a, metaphorically speaking, comprehensive slaughter of all those that jerked them around. And I would tentatively speculate that the draft copy for that day has been squirrelled away already.
You betcha, Smokeandmirrors! In the same way that TV stations have at-the-ready obituaries for the Royals etc, I'd put my last penny on the fact the papers have an 'Arrest Special - How the Drama Unfolded' and another may be 'The Vilest Lie Ever'.
They will be wanting serious payback... You have to remember, I'd say all the journo's who were there at the time have very strong ideas about what happened - even sick-making Lazzeri (who wrote some pretty 'vile' stuff about TMcC herself). The stories only stopped and changed focus when the payouts began. Its been intimated more than once that the papers, in the present climate, just won't risk printing anything anti-McCann for fear of the ensuing libel payouts.
The journo's are not stupid, they know which side their bread is buttered. They need their job so print what they are told. I'll bet even Ms Lazzeri doesn't believe the McCanns as strongly as she appears to. That evidence, once seen, doesn't disappear. They are (fairly) intelligent people and most will have drawn the exact same conclusions as us (great big stinking rat).
They will be watching, waiting... Ready for the day they can exact their brutal revenge - and they will love EVERY minute of it (and the massive increase in sales!)

Rainbow-fairy on that day I will subscribe to every single paper that prints it. They shall have my money for exposing the truth.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by Cheshire Cat on 09.02.12 7:46

Pat Brown tweeted this on 29 Jan: A 37 man Scotland Yard cold case team & not one in 9 months thinks to re-interview the parents & their friends? http://tinyurl.com/7ft5k5r#McCann

Then on 5 February the Express printed the headline that the Tapas 7 would be reinterviewed by Scotland Yard. Not so much a distraction but planting a seed so that if anyone hears criticism that the Yard are not conducting a thorough review then they will dismiss such criticism.

Pats view is that this is fishy and that the story is pure McCann spin. I agree with her although I can see why others disagree. I actually believed that the Jim Gamble Maddie appeal was a serious attempt to get one of the Tapas crew to speak out. Obviously when Jim invited Gerry to be his star turn at a conference on abducted children I realised my error.

Why not print an exciting headline about Pat Brown's plans. i.e. "Leading American Profiler in Maddie Hunt". Could make a very eye catching and informative story with zero criticism of the McCanns!

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 660
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by tigger on 09.02.12 8:32

Yes, Cheshire Cat, but the headline is quite subtle imo and the papers could have gone for a more pro line such as:

Tapas 7 keen to help SY - Maddie can still be found say T 7 - we'll do anything we can to help say T7
At last! We've waited five years to take part in investigation, say T7. and so on.

The way that headline looks to me is that they will be summoned to HQ. Whether they like it or not.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by rainbow-fairy on 09.02.12 8:54

@tigger wrote:Yes, Cheshire Cat, but the headline is quite subtle imo and the papers could have gone for a more pro line such as:

Tapas 7 keen to help SY - Maddie can still be found say T 7 - we'll do anything we can to help say T7
At last! We've waited five years to take part in investigation, say T7. and so on.

The way that headline looks to me is that they will be summoned to HQ. Whether they like it or not.
tigger, I'm with you. I've noticed a definite shift. It's hard to put my finger on, but the last few articles that have been posted up here, whilst in no way openly critical of the McCanns, seem ambiguous at the least. A lot of 'read between the lines' wriggle-room that didn't used to happen. Maybe the worm is turning...

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by TheHare on 09.02.12 12:46

@rainbow-fairy wrote:I'll bet even Ms Lazzeri doesn't believe the McCanns as strongly as she appears to...

I've exchanged a number of emails with this particular 'journalist'. I am in absolutely no doubt whatsoever that she believe the story 100%, and as such, she's prepared to do whatever it takes. Sadly, I dont think she's the only one either, there's quite an extensive list.

TheHare

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by juliet on 09.02.12 13:20

But it is so incredible that anyone could believe the McCann story without thinking: "Does this really add up?"

From the start, there were suspicions about the truth. The fact that the "abduction" story was all over the news at a time when Madeleine could still have been found wandering. The "jemmied shutters" tale was quickly found to be untrue. "They've taken her" has never been satisfactorily explained. Another change in story after a day or so that: "Oh yes, we left the door unlocked in case of fire". The fact that Kate McCann looked shifty, not heartbroken, when she appealed for the return of Madeleine. The fact that a diplomat (the Ambassador to Portugal?) tried to suggest early on that the McCann story was not to be fully trusted. Odd that before long all the British diplomatic staff had either been transferred on taken early retirement....



I could go on and on and on, not least about the balcony film of Gerry laughing and chatting without a care in the world. Are these journalists, and grovelling men like Leveson, brain-dead or brainwashed??

juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by rainbow-fairy on 09.02.12 14:13

@TheHare wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:I'll bet even Ms Lazzeri doesn't believe the McCanns as strongly as she appears to...

I've exchanged a number of emails with this particular 'journalist'. I am in absolutely no doubt whatsoever that she believe the story 100%, and as such, she's prepared to do whatever it takes. Sadly, I dont think she's the only one either, there's quite an extensive list.

Really? So when she printed the anti-McCann stuff, that was not her belief? She was attacking a genuinely grieving couple just because she'd been told to, but now has the gall to slag us off for questioning the 'hypothesis'.

Can I ask, The Hare, was it you and your e-mails to Antonella that are reproduced here somewhere? Or do you know her personally?

The reason I ask is that if your e-mails were regarding her 'work' she wouldnt reveal personal opinion for risk of it being revealed?

If she truly believes that Maddie was abducted then it makes it all the more despicable what she wrote. The journo's don't bite the hands that feed.

I was told by a BBC journo/researcher that most of those stories are printed only because the editors just will not risk printing anything critical. Investigative journalists are not stupid, they can reach sane conclusions from the evidence as we can. They just can't print it!

Not yet, anyway...

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by Cheshire Cat on 09.02.12 14:54

RT @KeirSimmonsITV Scotland Yard Commissioner says Met Police review of Madeleine #McCann evidence may reach conclusion within 'few months'
Complete the whitewash just before the Amaral courtcase. McCann lawyers / witnesses / PR can then use to discredit Amaral in the "Jersey Way".

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 660
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep on 09.02.12 15:04

@Cheshire Cat wrote:
RT @KeirSimmonsITV Scotland Yard Commissioner says Met Police review of Madeleine #McCann evidence may reach conclusion within 'few months'
Complete the whitewash just before the Amaral courtcase. McCann lawyers / witnesses / PR can then use to discredit Amaral in the "Jersey Way".

Good grief, I hope not. Let's not forget that Amaral knows a lot more than he's let on so far. I just can't see him allowing a whitewash to happen without shouting from the rooftops and trying his best to expose it.

IAmNotMerylStreep

Posts : 194
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by TheHare on 09.02.12 15:10

@rainbow-fairy wrote:
Can I ask, The Hare, was it you and your e-mails to Antonella that are reproduced here somewhere? Or do you know her personally?

I dont know her personally, and although I disagree with much of what she writes, I'd be extremely hesitant to publish the full contents of private emails, although I assume they contain nothing that she wouldnt openly say in public. I may have quoted the odd line from them somewhere, but I cant honestly remember.

Our exchanges by email have generally concerned discrepancies and contradiction in articles that where published by the Sun. I wasnt really aware of too many "anti McCann" stories by this journalist. There's a website somewhere that I cant recall off hand that tracks the output UK journalists, and provides a summary of the range of topics that particular journalists tend to specialise in. What is surprising is that the last time that I checked, Antonella's output was almost exclusively dedicated to the McCann's. Its possible that she joined the Sun at a time when the McCann's where regularly headline news, and these days her output is more balanced, but I did find that rather strange.

Just found the link, http://journalisted.com/antonella-lazzeri#tab-work

It looks as if not much has changed.

TheHare

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum