The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

A TENSE SITUATION by Dr Martin Roberts - Page 6 Mm11

A TENSE SITUATION by Dr Martin Roberts - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

A TENSE SITUATION by Dr Martin Roberts - Page 6 Mm11

A TENSE SITUATION by Dr Martin Roberts - Page 6 Regist10

A TENSE SITUATION by Dr Martin Roberts

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A TENSE SITUATION by Dr Martin Roberts - Page 6 Empty Re: A TENSE SITUATION by Dr Martin Roberts

Post by Judex Venturus 07.04.14 12:50

HelenMeg wrote:
j.rob wrote:

.....This whole case is somewhat reminiscent of Greek mythology.
You are so right - you seem to have caught the essence with Cat and Mouse and Greek Mythology.
I am thinking of that 'Stop the Pigeon' thing - was it the Wacky Races. I think we should come up with a
'myth' along the lines of Icharus  etc that describes this... I am hopeless at mythology but do seem to remember that Icharus flew too close to the sun. These two are their own worst enemies.
The characters they most resemble are the tormented couple in the "Scottish Play."

"What need we fear who knows it when none can call our power to account? ...  “A little water clears us of this deed” ...

But in the end, against all expectations, Great Birnam Wood came to Dunsinane, and they were undone!
Judex Venturus

Activity : 18

Back to top Go down

A TENSE SITUATION by Dr Martin Roberts - Page 6 Empty Re: A TENSE SITUATION by Dr Martin Roberts

Post by Guest 07.04.14 13:22

"Out, damn'd tea spot! out, I say!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Judex Venturus 07.04.14 13:30

Châtelaine wrote:"Out, damn'd tea spot! out, I say!"
Absolutely spot on!!!
Judex Venturus

Activity : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 07.04.14 13:37

Have regularly remarked on the concept of hubris, from the ancient Greek,

Examples of hubris are often found in fiction, most famously in Paradise Lost, John Milton's depiction of the biblical Lucifer. Victor in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein manifests hubris in his attempt to become a great scientist by creating life through technological means, but eventually regrets this previous desire. Marlowe's play Doctor Faustus portrays the eponymous character as a scholar whose arrogance and pride compel him to sign a deal with the Devil, and retain his haughtiness until his death and damnation, despite the fact that he could easily have repented had he chosen to do so.

The pair did not know when to put on the brakes imo and it is the escalation in their behaviour rather than the de-escalation which might have seen all go quiet and the dust settling on this affair, which will see their eventual undoing imo.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.04.14 13:39

Or this says it all about the case for me - sorry for bad sense of humour, it deserves to be wooshed I suppose but made me laugh - better than crying about the absurdities of this case... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xk1T8kGt0u4
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager 07.04.14 14:04

BCB LOL i got a big laugh there

Activity : 483

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin 07.04.14 14:55

ROFL BlackCatboogie... ;-) no pun intended !

Activity : 269

Back to top Go down

A TENSE SITUATION by Dr Martin Roberts - Page 6 Empty Belle Famille

Post by momac 27.04.19 22:50

Guest wrote:I'm reminded again of the French novel "Belle Famille" by Dreyfuss. It's clearly referring to the Madeleine McCann case. In this book young Madec falls to his death, when trying to reach his favourite toy on a high kitchen cabinet ...  It's marvelously written and was awarded for being best fiction in 2012. I cannot remember having seen an English translation, but will have a look around for that.

I had never heard of that novel; I wonder if the film was ever made? I don't see anything about that. 

The author has a 7 year old boy, Madec, die of an accidental fall while the parents are out to dinner; the mother finds him,  hides his body, and says that he's been kidnapped. 

The family is French, the parents are both cardiologists. The mother is cold, domineering frigid, and the father is a weakling, an alcoholic, who spends his time reading his Bible and drinking. It happens while they are on holiday in Tuscany. The investigating policeman gets sidetracked by a budding romance, and doesn't find any clues; the mother's uncle proclaims himself "press officer", a pedophile gets framed for the kidnapping. The outline is only vaguely similar to the case we're interested in, but it is interesting that the young author sussed out the false abduction story...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Members are reminded not to resurrect old defunct threads without good reason. Thread locked.

Thank you. Mod
momac
momac

Activity : 61

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top