The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Pershing36 on 17.01.12 8:44

I know it is a bit off topic but I just caught it on the news with a mention of Madeleine.

Sky news

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Guest on 17.01.12 8:57

Thank you Pershing, that doesn't surprise me one little bit. Where is Carnival Cruises head office based?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Pershing36 on 17.01.12 9:19

Well Costa Cruises is located in Genoa I believe. Not sure why they have called in an Englishman as I image the biggest PR problems will be in Italy.

One thing I did pick up up on they are releasing a lot of information to the press regarding the Captain, considering he hasn't even been in court yet. This morning they have said they have recordings from the coastguard repeatedly telling him to return to the ship. Surely this kind of information could bias any future trial.

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by PeterMac on 17.01.12 9:25

@Pershing36 wrote: Surely this kind of information could bias any future trial.
Perhaps that is part of the strategy. Does anyone now believe the McCanns would not start any trial by arguing that point ? It might work in an English Court, but is less likely to in an inquisitorial system, as they have in most of the rest of the world. Hence perhaps the employment of the top extradition lawyers within a day or so of fleeing Portugal.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Guest on 17.01.12 9:31

@Pershing36 wrote:Well Costa Cruises is located in Genoa I believe. Not sure why they have called in an Englishman as I image the biggest PR problems will be in Italy.

One thing I did pick up up on they are releasing a lot of information to the press regarding the Captain, considering he hasn't even been in court yet. This morning they have said they have recordings from the coastguard repeatedly telling him to return to the ship. Surely this kind of information could bias any future trial.

Sounds like familiar tactics - get in there first with your version, make sure everyone hears it rather than just let the authorities get on with their investigation and come to their conclusions.. who knows what the captain did or didn't do but that's for the investigators to find out..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Pershing36 on 17.01.12 9:43

I do not like this at all. Now the person missing count has doubled, did they suddenly discover another 15 people were on board? The blame seems to be firmly on the captain as he has done these close sail by's before. Why wasn't he stop after the first time if it is so dangerous? Apparently a Mayor of one tourist town had written to the company thanking them for creating such a spectacular sight when they came in close to another port.

Something doesn't feel right about this already, a few rumours are already being spread regarding concerns over the Concordia's construction. A few engineers 'apparently' (I am being careful as there is no proof yet) felt the ship's design was top heavy and vulnerable to capsizing in an incident like this.

I think it is clear that the evacuation was chaotic at best, seems a lot of crew got off before the passengers. Many of the people had only been on board a few hours and not been advised of evacuation plans, it was going to be done the next day.

This will be one to watch.

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Guest on 17.01.12 9:54

@Pershing36 wrote:I do not like this at all. Now the person missing count has doubled, did they suddenly discover another 15 people were on board? The blame seems to be firmly on the captain as he has done these close sail by's before. Why wasn't he stop after the first time if it is so dangerous? Apparently a Mayor of one tourist town had written to the company thanking them for creating such a spectacular sight when they came in close to another port.

Something doesn't feel right about this already, a few rumours are already being spread regarding concerns over the Concordia's construction. A few engineers 'apparently' (I am being careful as there is no proof yet) felt the ship's design was top heavy and vulnerable to capsizing in an incident like this.

I think it is clear that the evacuation was chaotic at best, seems a lot of crew got off before the passengers. Many of the people had only been on board a few hours and not been advised of evacuation plans, it was going to be done the next day.

This will be one to watch.

Re the sail by, the company said yesterday there was a request for a sail by last year as part of a festival celebration and that was authorised as a one off .. and the sail by was about 500m offshore so obviously not close enough to ram into some rocks...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by jd on 17.01.12 9:56

They were reporting on Sky News this morning that the captain was already on land less than an hour, and before the passengers had started to evacuate. Can't help feeling that the slimy rat clarence mitchell is behind this spin being reported

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Guest on 17.01.12 9:59

I wonder if other countries are hearing what we are hearing about the Captain?

I'm also betting that Richard Branson's cruises turnover will take a hit. Perhaps this is why Clarrie is now onboard.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Pershing36 on 17.01.12 10:03

he has already started.

And Clarence Mitchell, who is representing Costa Cruises, said: "Mr Foschi confirmed the captain had been approaching the island of Giglio to 'make a salute'.
"The company says this (incident) was caused by an attempt by the captain to show the ship to the port.
"But there's a criminal investigation going on and we're not going to say anything that's going to compromise that or the captain's case."

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by jd on 17.01.12 10:18

Why is it that whatever clarence mitchell is involved in stinks of corruption, manipulation & spin!!

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

cruise ship capsize

Post by russiandoll on 17.01.12 10:29

An Italian acquaintance and I spoke of this last night. He began with a daft joke about how captain was probably busy chatting up a blonde in the bar but after that the discussion got really serious.

Pointing the blame immediately at one person takes attention away from Costa itself. Was it complying with maritime law by having muster drill within 24 hours of departure [ many cruise companies do drills now when all are board, before sailing, as something could happen within the first day at sea. ]
I have read this was a rolling cruise, with passengers not embarking at one port, but at different stages. That would mean that muster drills needed to roll also. If he decided to do this drill within 24 hours, some passengers would not be scheduled until the next day and the accident happened before then....so he would have been aware he had passengers who were unaware of their muster stations.
Some passengers said they onlyhad a video in the cabin [ whichj thbey listened to whilst unpacking and did not apy attention to!!]as they were told drills were only weekly......this is procedure on a weeks cruise....once at the start do you do a drill where you take part and go to the muster points. This is law.

Some passengers are very ignorant of a ship's set-up. saying they never saw crew, only chefs and waiters [ one man even called them servants!]. These ARE crew and are, along with many other crew members ,trained in muster drills and evacuation procedures, so contrary to what one woman said...evacuation WAS within their remit.

It will be interesting to hear about when the "get ready to abandon ship" order was given as there have been reports this was not soon enough. Also how does a captain ensure all passengers are off before leaving his ship himself? A head count at muster stations is the way iI would guess but if some passengers stayed in cabins or were elsewhere then on a ship that size I am not sure how he would know if there were any passengers still there. I know for a fact that some passengers do not bother to attend these drills, as they think because they have cruised before they know the procedure...but every ship is different! It also is a legal requirement as far as I am aware for passengers to physically attend the safety drill.
Costa Cruises will I think have to take some responsibility for what happened if it is found they had failed in their safety procedures. The whole design and evacuation procedures of these massive ships will need examining I believe.

I find it hard to beleive that for the sake of a sail -by a ship's captain would endanger his passengers and crew but if it is proved he has done so then may the full force of the law come down on him.
To end, I wish they would stop calling this ship a liner. It is a cruise ship doing circular cruises, starting and finishing at 1 point with ports in between;not an ocean going vessel that does a return crossing from A-B-A.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Pershing36 on 17.01.12 12:15

@russiandoll wrote:
To end, I wish they would stop calling this ship a liner. It is a cruise ship doing circular cruises, starting and finishing at 1 point with ports in between;not an ocean going vessel that does a return crossing from A-B-A.

Yes, agreed. For some reason Cruise ships do not have to be constructed to the same standards as a liner. I read the Queen Mary 2 required 40% more steel in its hull to be able to be classed as an ocean liner.

Not the greatest fact to point out when people are becoming concerned about cruise liner safety.

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by PeterMac on 17.01.12 12:40

@Pershing36 wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:
To end, I wish they would stop calling this ship a liner. It is a cruise ship doing circular cruises, starting and finishing at 1 point with ports in between;not an ocean going vessel that does a return crossing from A-B-A.
Yes, agreed. For some reason Cruise ships do not have to be constructed to the same standards as a liner. I read the Queen Mary 2 required 40% more steel in its hull to be able to be classed as an ocean liner.
Not the greatest fact to point out when people are becoming concerned about cruise liner safety.
Simply because a transatlantic crossing in midwinter is deemed more likely to encounter severe weather than a cruise ship trolling round the Med, fairly close inshore and able to run for a harbour if anything really heavy blows up.

But on the other points raised, the Captain would very rarely be anywhere near the bridge. That is not his role. He has a whole staff of senior officers, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Supernumerary, Bosun, and many others to actually drive the ship. The captain merely tells then where he wants to go and when he wants to arrive. The officers, navigator, engineer and so on make that happen.
So the tosh about his being in the bar chatting up the clients is just that. It is where the Captain is supposed to be.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Pershing36 on 17.01.12 12:49

@PeterMac wrote:
Simply because a transatlantic crossing in midwinter is deemed more likely to encounter severe weather than a cruise ship trolling round the Med, fairly close inshore and able to run for a harbour if anything really heavy blows up.

But on the other points raised, the Captain would very rarely be anywhere near the bridge. That is not his role. He has a whole staff of senior officers, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Supernumerary, Bosun, and many others to actually drive the ship. The captain merely tells then where he wants to go and when he wants to arrive. The officers, navigator, engineer and so on make that happen.
So the tosh about his being in the bar chatting up the clients is just that. It is where the Captain is supposed to be.

Well it is great until you hit something. The QE2 ran aground and didn't capsize so have numerous others. I am not implying they are dangerous but seeing as most sand banks and obstacles are in shallower waters I am surprised how quickly it went over. Seeing how many people these things carry I would have thought they should be able to stay a float long enough to get people off, even if they are having difficulties with life boats.

Apparently the Captain was on the Bridge according to news reports.

Just to add they have now released the conversation between the Habour Master and the Captain. He is continuing to ask the captain to go back on deck, it is being spun that he was not on the ship, but he is on the radio?

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by jd on 17.01.12 13:11

Pointing the blame immediately at one person takes attention away from Costa itself

You can align this to the mccann fairytale. The ones or company who have not been given attention could be the main players

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Daisy on 17.01.12 13:28

@PeterMac wrote:
But on the other points raised, the Captain would very rarely be anywhere near the bridge. That is not his role. He has a whole staff of senior officers, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Supernumerary, Bosun, and many others to actually drive the ship. The captain merely tells then where he wants to go and when he wants to arrive. The officers, navigator, engineer and so on make that happen.
So the tosh about his being in the bar chatting up the clients is just that. It is where the Captain is supposed to be.

Precisely! And the beautiful client he was 'chatting up' is reportedly his wife!

If the media reports are true and the captain's wife and 15 year old daughter were on board, why would he abandon ship? it doesn't make sense.

As for Clarence Mitchell, does he still get to control what the media print? Someone's giving the go- ahead for these disgusting (trial by media) headlines.

From yesterday's & today's Daily Mail:

Italy's most hated man: Facebook anger at skipper of doomed cruise liner who 'abandoned ship hours before passengers'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2087126/Costa-Concordia-captain-Francesco-Schettino-Facebook-anger-Italys-hated-man.html#ixzz1jinCXI00

Stricken cruise liner captain DID abandon ship 'half an hour before passengers' AND refused to go back when ordered

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html










____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Advocatus on 17.01.12 17:06

@PeterMac wrote:
@Pershing36 wrote: Surely this kind of information could bias any future trial.
Perhaps that is part of the strategy. Does anyone now believe the McCanns would not start any trial by arguing that point ? It might work in an English Court, but is less likely to in an inquisitorial system, as they have in most of the rest of the world. Hence perhaps the employment of the top extradition lawyers within a day or so of fleeing Portugal.

Hi, I think he may have been been on board a bit before that, as the grapevine and bong bong drums seemed to reach Rothley/Clarence well before anBything ever happened, at any rate scarpering wasn't quite that easy for the 2 Chief Suspects, there was almost a diplomatic incident behind the scenes, and at the very highest levels a lot of dipomats and depts, on both sides, were arguing the toss. I expect this is where our extradition expert weighed in. And Gordon Brown, of course.

BTW Costa are defo stitching up the Captain and Crew right now - BBC and SKY playing a 5 min transcript where the Harbourmaster/Coastguard repeatedly INSIST the Captain climb up a ladder and get back on board. There is no way after hearing all that the Captain will get a fair trial.

Enter "CostaPacket Clarrie" to save the day!

____________________
"One good thing to come out of all this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't." - Gerry McCann: Police CATS (Case Administration and Tracking System) Number 19309 - NB: The 19309 number is still on the Police database, but all data within the file appears to have been ERASED...

Advocatus

Posts : 340
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by aiyoyo on 17.01.12 17:51

@Pershing36 wrote:Well Costa Cruises is located in Genoa I believe. Not sure why they have called in an Englishman as I image the biggest PR problems will be in Italy.

This story is going to be bigger than just about a captain who abandoned ship ahead of his crews and passengers.

An Englishman, who happens to be high profile x-UK government spin doctor, whose role is to control what comes out of the media, was appointed could well mean UK will eventually be caught up in this catastrophe.
How? An educated would be Costa-cruises is partly owned by English.
No reason to appoint an Englishman unless CM was appointed by an English Company or English Man who is stakeholder in Costa Cruises and hence the logic of hiring CM to control what comes out of the media - ie spin like the wind to divert attention from the truth.

It would be interesting to know which British Company or UK wealthy individual part owned Costa Cruises. I guess we will learn that sooner rather than later.


One thing I did pick up up on they are releasing a lot of information to the press regarding the Captain, considering he hasn't even been in court yet. This morning they have said they have recordings from the coastguard repeatedly telling him to return to the ship. Surely this kind of information could bias any future trial.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by aiyoyo on 17.01.12 18:02

Costa Cruises is owned by Carnival Corporation & Plc.

And, this is wiki's excerpt about Carnival Corporation & plc.

Carnival Corporation & PLC (NYSE: CCL, LSE: CCL, and NYSE: CUK), is an American-British company, and the world's largest cruise ship operator. Comprising Carnival plc, which has its origins in the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company of the early 19th Century, the company has a claim to be the world's oldest established cruise ship operator, with P&O having introduced the world's first passenger ships in 1844.
Carnival Corporation & PLC is a dual listed company, with headquarters at Carnival Place in the Miami suburb of Doral, Florida, USA, and at Carnival House in Southampton, England, UK

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Guest on 17.01.12 18:05

@aiyoyo wrote:Costa Cruises is owned by Carnival Corporation & Plc.

And, this is wiki's excerpt about Carnival Corporation & plc.

Carnival Corporation & PLC (NYSE: CCL, LSE: CCL, and NYSE: CUK), is an American-British company, and the world's largest cruise ship operator. Comprising Carnival plc, which has its origins in the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company of the early 19th Century, the company has a claim to be the world's oldest established cruise ship operator, with P&O having introduced the world's first passenger ships in 1844.
Carnival Corporation & PLC is a dual listed company, with headquarters at Carnival Place in the Miami suburb of Doral, Florida, USA, and at Carnival House in Southampton, England, UK


Thanks aiyoyo, good find. Damage limitation already starting then. yes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by Pershing36 on 17.01.12 18:54

There have been some priceless gems on the news. One minute they are begging for Government support to stop an environmental disaster, followed by the Dutch/Norwegian salvage company brought in claiming their is no danger of fuel leaking because of the design of the fuel tanks. They say they can start salvage work whilst the rescue is ongoing, however Costa is saying they can't whilst it is, which is it?

There was also a suggestion from a British based salvage firm they are still waiting for the blueprints? If these are not available at the moment where are they? Surely they could fit on a computer disk or in a brief case!

No wonder they need the help on Mr Mitchell.

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by jd on 17.01.12 23:07

I must admit, its not looking good for the captain after hearing the radio conversation with the coastguard

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarence Mitchell is now representing Costa Cruises

Post by aquila on 18.01.12 5:04

Daily Mail online today are calling the captain 'Captain Coward'.

aquila

Posts : 7952
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

and more about Captain Schettino

Post by russiandoll on 18.01.12 14:10

The wonderful Kelvin McKenzie did not even bother to try to get the Captain's name right when acting out the transcript of the conversation between the Captain and harbour master on Sky News last night.....that station is the equivalent of the tabloid papers it is so bad.

Anyway I digress...this morning it was reported as FACTon the news that the captain :

a. was seen not just on land, but in a taxi [implication probably speeding away from the scene]
b. was seen making a phone call to his mother from the ship
c. wanted to allow a head waiter to give a salute to his sister, living on that island, who had put a facebook message up saying the ship was due to sail by that night.
d. asked his chef to cook him a meal and serve him drinks after hitting the rocks.

now, this is all prior to investigators taking witness statements from his colleagues.

must say the first recordings of the conversation between Captain S and the coastguard chief were only played on news channels yesterday with the coastguard's words translated....they later broadcast the captain who at one stage said he and his 1st officer had used a lifeboat to assess things from the exterior and he said he was not refusing to reboard the ship...

He might have done many things wrong, but what has been said in the press especially the tabloids about him is disgraceful when all is rumour and speculation at this stage. Probably a combination of factors caused this tragedy, to pin it all on the Captain means the company do not want to be taken to task over the ships' design or safety issues. The way this has been reported is scandalous.
I await the next headlines..Captain Coward as he is being labelled.......and some reference to cowardly Italians during the war.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum