The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Harold Shipman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harold Shipman

Post by aquila on 04.01.12 23:48

I've just watched a programme on CI (Crime Investigation) channel on Harold Shipman. It came on the television just as I was sitting reading on this forum. Fascinating co-incidence. I've never seen it before. Dr. David Holmes was very enlightening. He spoke of Shipman and how he went for a run when his mother died (along with a whole load of other excellent things). I can thoroughly recommend this documentary. The profiling and psychological analysis is worth it.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harold Shipman

Post by Guest on 05.01.12 9:44

This case has always fascinated me. I wish that he had chosen to tell us why he killed so many of his patients rather than taking his secrets to the grave. Apart from the last one, whose will he forged and was to bring about his downfall, he gained nothing from what he was doing.

I won't be able to watch the programme that Aquila mentions but I'll look out for it on YouTube.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 12.01.12 7:03

I remember seeing a documentary on it. I was amazed to hear that some of his patients still refuse to believe he did anything wrong.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.01.12 9:57

It was interesting to see a programme on YouTube from an American point of view. It didn't help that the name of the last victim (whose will Shipman forged) was given as Elizabeth Smythe rather than Kathleen Grundy!

I can understand why his patients didn't want to believe ill (no pun intended) of him; most of them thought he was wonderful. Even in more recent times some people cannot conceive that people in the medical profession can possibly be guilty of any misdeeds!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 12.01.12 11:21

Jean wrote:It was interesting to see a programme on YouTube from an American point of view. It didn't help that the name of the last victim (whose will Shipman forged) was given as Elizabeth Smythe rather than Kathleen Grundy!

I can understand why his patients didn't want to believe ill (no pun intended) of him; most of them thought he was wonderful. Even in more recent times some people cannot conceive that people in the medical profession can possibly be guilty of any misdeeds!!

That was exactly the same situation on the program I watched. He was described as an old school doctor and the patients loved him. It was the local cab driver who suspected him first as he always took him too his patients. The cab drivers wife begged him not to discuss the matter with a friend who was a Police Officer as she was sure he was mistaken.

The interesting thing, especially for this forum was the coroner found it highly unusual that he was with the patients at the time of death. Most were found sitting in their chairs, not at the bottom of the stairs or something.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 12.01.12 11:34

That was exactly the same situation on the program I watched. He was
described as an old school doctor and the patients loved him. It was
the local cab driver who suspected him first as he always took him too
his patients. The cab drivers wife begged him not to discuss the matter
with a friend who was a Police Officer as she was sure he was mistaken.

I read a book about him once. This said that there was a Doctor in another practice who suspected him. She was ignored, accused of being menopausal and having a grudge against him, so no action was taken. I also read, but I can't remember where, that the person responsible for arresting him was spat at in the street and generally cold-shouldered, until the evidence became too overwhelming to ignore.

Had the will been there, he could have been stopped much sooner.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.01.12 13:40

Here's a link to the first part of the programme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIfPlPLBUY

It's not working at the moment but it's the first entry that comes up when you type in Harold Shipman.

I gather that the last victim's daughter wasn't too popular either as it was thought that she just had sour grapes for being left out of the will.

No, it's hard to believe that someone in a trusted position can behave like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by turnaround on 30.03.12 23:02

This guys surgery was no more than half an hour from where I live. Glad he wasn't my Doc.

I used to work with someone who was a nurse in one of the prisons where he was being held, and she told me he was one of the most creepiest guys she had ever met but with such eloquent and impecable manners. He was into murder mystery books, novels. A book that he was reading one week when she was assigned his nurse, he asked her what she thought about whodunnit books, to which she told me she didn't read them. He said he boasted about how easy it was for him to know who the murderer was in the crime books he read, she told me. She also said she couldn't wait to get away from him.

Whether he said those things to her to frighten her is something we'll never know.

turnaround

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum