The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk Mm11

Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk Mm11

Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk Regist10

Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk Empty Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk

Post by Guest 28.12.11 10:49

Marian wrote:I've just learned that Pamalam plans to close her excellent site on 31st December.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/

I shall be e-mailing her with my best wishes and I hope that she will change her mind.

Thanks Marian, thought it should have a thread on it's own to let people know.

It seems to have gone already sad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk Empty Re: Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk

Post by Gillyspot 28.12.11 11:51

Sadly only the front page announcing the closure is still there. I hope pamalam changes her mind about this closure as it is just when things were looking up for us.

"From midnight New Years Eve Saturday 31 December 2011 I am taking this site off line. I have had enough of the back biting and sniping from both Antis and Pros alike to last me a life time. I had hoped that Antis Pros and Fence sitters would one day all join forces and help find what happen to Madeleine. But it is now very clear to me that this will never happen. I am taking a large step back and retiring

I will see how I feel in the future when I have had a rest from everything. At that point I will make a final decision to decide if the site should stay off line permanently or not.

For the people who have supported me in the past a big thanks to you. You Know who you are.
Cheers Pamalam"

So it seems now that the pro's have won in this instance.

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk Empty The Pamalam site

Post by Guest 28.12.11 12:28

This is very sad news indeed. Gillyspot: the whole site is still there at the moment. I will also contact Pamalam directly. Perhaps she will change her mind if she receives a lot of supportive messages.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk Empty Re: Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk

Post by Jill Havern 28.12.11 12:34

She should leave it as reference only and not bother to update it if she's had enough.

This is about Maddie after all.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41063

Back to top Go down

Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk Empty Support

Post by Guest 28.12.11 12:37

I think it's a good time to stand back & reflect on all the good work Pamelam has done and to offer any help and support she might need to continue. She's done the most amazing job and I'm sure it's with a heavy heart she now considers going offline. Where would we be without her website? I for one would surely miss it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.11 12:58

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:She should leave it as reference only and not bother to update it if she's had enough.

This is about Maddie after all.

I quite agree Get'em. It's not like it's a forum for discussion, so I really do not understand what the problem is. Not unless she is getting grief from Ines to delete/amend stuff. Because if you remember, Pamalam used to have all the statements until Ines set up the PJfiles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 28.12.11 12:59

Oh, this is not good - do we know if anyone has copied and saved the info there? It was a goldmine of info!
Do we know why she has decided this? Has she been Farter-Clucked again???

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.11 13:01

It's nothing to worry about, Nigel over on Maddie Case Files has everything.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 28.12.11 13:05

Good point Stella.

I know for a fact Nige is still adding to the maddiecasefiles too.

Still a shame that pamalam who was tweeting links to her site only a week ago seems to have had a sudden change of heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.12.11 14:28

Stella wrote:It's nothing to worry about, Nigel over on Maddie Case Files has everything.

But I thought Nigel is constantly in dire need of finance to sustain the running of the site?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 28.12.11 17:19

I am very sad to see Pamalam go. I also don't understand what the problem is. All I can think is something must have gone on we dont know about. I have given up trying to understand why people do things in the Maddie case.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 28.12.11 17:58

I agree as only a few days ago Pamalam was just wishing a Happy Christmas and also sharing links to her blog on twitter. Something has happened but we don't know what of course

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 28.12.11 18:26

Gillyspot wrote:I agree as only a few days ago Pamalam was just wishing a Happy Christmas and also sharing links to her blog on twitter. Something has happened but we don't know what of course
I wouldn't mind betting it rhymes with 'barter' and 'muck' Wink

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather 28.12.11 19:08

The site is still there - you just need to type 'home.htm' after the .co.uk:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/home.htm

I guess the owner of the site changed the 'homepage' so that everyone saw the notice that the site would close on 31st.
Lady-Heather
Lady-Heather

Activity : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.11 19:45

Lady-Heather wrote:The site is still there - you just need to type 'home.htm' after the .co.uk:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/home.htm

I guess the owner of the site changed the 'homepage' so that everyone saw the notice that the site would close on 31st.

You can Also hit the home Button on the page with the message about closing..

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kikoraton 28.12.11 20:07

I'm confused. I know of Ines, Joana and kazlux. Where does this Nige fit in?
kikoraton
kikoraton
Researcher

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 28.12.11 20:14

Nige is Nigel Moore/redsquare who runs mccannfiles.com where Dr Martin Roberts posts for him.

I do hope he keeps his site going Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk 3934901622

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 28.12.11 20:39

ufercoffy wrote:Nige is Nigel Moore/redsquare who runs mccannfiles.com where Dr Martin Roberts posts for him.

I do hope he keeps his site going Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk 3934901622
I've seen mentioned recently the 'Maddie Case Files' - is that just another way of referring to 'mccann files'? Dr Roberts is a favourite of mine and I know he is featured on mccann files?

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 28.12.11 20:43

I don't know if Nigel has anything to do with Maddie Case Files. It wouldn't surprise me if he helps out there. But that site is different to mccannfiles.com

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 28.12.11 21:24

ufercoffy wrote:I don't know if Nigel has anything to do with Maddie Case Files. It wouldn't surprise me if he helps out there. But that site is different to mccannfiles.com
Ah, thanks muchly, ufercoffy! I've never seen Maddie Case Files before this week. I'll have to have a look, thanks Wink Hope you had a good Christmas.

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 28.12.11 21:28

I am concerned that Pamalam has decided now to close the site she has already been Carter-Rucked in 2009 and wouldn't close it then. With her site and the Sargeants gone there are a lot less sites to quote or read evidence and information on. Also dare I say it, this will make the McCanns and Carter-Ruck more keen to mop up those that remain.

Back to top Go down

Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk Empty NOTE TO ALL CONCERNED

Post by PeterMac 29.12.11 9:01

Go to the site and save everything we can as
"Web Archive"
which saves the photos, text and everything else, physically on to your desktop, or wherever you want it.
Obviously the links won't work once the site has gone but the text, and photos will still be there and searchable.

You have to do it page by page - 'Days 451 to 850' for example, but you then get large long documents on your computer, mostly about 1mB, which you scroll down and can search.

Have a happy New Year's Eve !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 29.12.11 11:12

I haven't enough memory on my computer so hope someone else can do this.

At least Pamalam has given warning so pages can be saved when http://www.thesargeants.net was closed it just went.

I do notice that it says on sargeants.

"Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."

So it could still be there but Carter-Ruck on behalf of the saintly McCanns have decided it can't be shown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dougall 29.12.11 12:55

PeterMac wrote:Go to the site and save everything we can as
"Web Archive"
which saves the photos, text and everything else, physically on to your desktop, or wherever you want it.
Obviously the links won't work once the site has gone but the text, and photos will still be there and searchable.

You have to do it page by page - 'Days 451 to 850' for example, but you then get large long documents on your computer, mostly about 1mB, which you scroll down and can search.

Have a happy New Year's Eve !

There are also programs available that will archive whole websites intact. One could then move it to a dvd for convenience. All links will be intact - just like viewing online. Goggle is your friend.

PS. Hello everyone! Pamalam site - gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk 260239

EDIT:
Webzip will do the job - and it's fully functional for 28 days.
Dougall
Dougall

Activity : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollAng 29.12.11 14:16

Very sad to see that Pamelam's site is now off line.
TrollAng
TrollAng

Activity : 78

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top