The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Giant inflatable billboard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Giant inflatable billboard

Post by Pershing36 on 25.12.11 11:10

I stumbled on some information regarding Posterplus media group and the giant billboards. I am really looking for some more information but I am struggling.

As with most companies that deal with this case there seems to be some rather odd things alleged. Please be aware these are just things I have read elsewhere and I have no idea if they are true as I have not researched them myself.

Apparently one of their directors is a Brethren and may attend the same lodge as JM. There is speculation that they attended the Galen Lodge which is located at the Ardery Streert Freemason hall. This was destroyed by arson in January 2008 so I doubt the records are available any more to verify this claim.

Any way Posterplus media group produced the billboard and delivered it within 13 days. The estimated total cost was £20,000 and then we have the story of the two lorry drivers that gave up their jobs etc etc.

Reading this on another site this very generous donation seems to have come from a company that was very deeply in debt. In fact it has been alleged they had a least one county court judgement against them. I found this which is claimed to be their accounts

[img]http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1&u=17133988]

The problem I have is I would like to verify this information but I cannot find any listing of them at Company House. They have an active website etc.

Anyone help?

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giant inflatable billboard

Post by tigger on 25.12.11 13:03

Pershing, sorry I'm a bit useless on that sort of thing. But glad you've sussed the whole publicity stunt.
It's quite simple, people like to 'belong'. If you see someone giving up their job for the cause, the least you can do is send some money.
Many years ago I observed the same idiocy, Ethiopian famine, Bob Geldoff (I do wish these fading stars would simply shut up). One family in Scotland sold all their furniture to send money to that particular Fund. Ever escalating stories evolved down to someone selling their house. Meanwhile, the Ethiopian Embassy had their reception hall redone in marble and crystal chandeliers......
Someone said that aid to third world countries is: ' poor people from rich countries sending money to rich people in poor countries'.
Martyrs are necessary for instilling belief....

Way before 3/5/07 TM had some very professional fund raising advice. Imo.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.12.11 17:47

Totally off topic, but all the children that Geldoff 'saved' have now each had three children of their own and the situation is so dire that no one wants to report it. Malthus got it right.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 25.12.11 17:49

@PeterMac wrote:Totally off topic, but all the children that Geldoff 'saved' have now each had three children of their own and the situation is so dire that no one wants to report it. Malthus got it right.

I studied anthropology sideways so to speak - branch of archaeology. General rule is: do not interfere. Pop stars with fading careers need not apply.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.12.11 8:00

@tigger wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Totally off topic, but all the children that Geldoff 'saved' have now each had three children of their own and the situation is so dire that no one wants to report it. Malthus got it right.
I studied anthropology sideways so to speak - branch of archaeology. General rule is: do not interfere. Pop stars with fading careers need not apply.
Arch and Anth (Oxbridge ?)

The only interference should be in the form of education and contraception. Not biscuits.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and ....
But has anyone ever asked why it is the western man who has to teach anyone to fish ?
(Be careful with the answer. We may be accused of racism.)

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 26.12.11 8:45

I assume that this is the company, if so no accounts were filed

If not, it may be that the Chesire company below was somehow involved (the middleman, perhaps)

Name & Registered Office:
POSTER PLUS LIMITED
HOWARD HOUSE
LLOYD STREET
ALTRINCHAM
CHESHIRE
WA14 2DE
Company No. 01315887

Date of Incorporation: 01/06/1977

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):
None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12
Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due:
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due:

Insolvency History

Previous Names:

No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

UK Establishment Details

There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.

Oversea Company Info

There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 26.12.11 8:51

@PeterMac wrote:
@tigger wrote:

The only interference should be in the form of education and contraception. Not biscuits.
But has anyone ever asked why it is the western man who has to teach anyone to fish ?

If we had left them alone, I expect they would be functioning perfectly well. Even when Britain had India and many other colonies, on the whole it worked because there was little interference. The greatest number of troops and expats ever in India was around 35.000. The Sudan was run by about 500 administrators and so on.
Start imposing democracy on a tribal mind set and you're in deep trouble. This has nothing to do with color but culture. Even now, France, Italy and Spain are good examples of regional(tribal if you like) divisions. UK as well, Geordies, Scousers, Glaswegians - these last are particularly tribal and in the McCannfiles there's a good description of the reason the whole clan has backed up Dr. G.M.

The Ethiopian famine was mostly due to the war and their own government wasn't interested, it worked in their favour.
The Chinese - who have an enormous presence in Afrika! - are wiser: they say 'if you save a man from drowning, you will have to look after him for the rest of your life'.

Basically, I think it is arrogant to impress our culture on others, they are not inferior to us, just different. Yes, yes, education and contraception. They are perfectly capable of setting up their own medical institutions. One of the top schools for girls is now in South Africa, the standard considerably higher than in many schools in the UK. As far as I know, they managed pretty well without us.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 26.12.11 8:55

Here is a link to the website http://www.posterplus.co.uk/

There may have been a dual purpose in the billboard If the company was struggling at the time, or even if it wasn't. The company would have benefitted from the huge publicity surrounding the Madeleine case and this would have been a great advertisment for them. Besides, what happened to the billboard after? Did they reclaim it? Could they re-use it? Probably. Both the company and the McCanns benefitted from that billboard.

Gavin Holloywood is the director - http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/gavin-hollywood/1b/712/6b6

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 26.12.11 9:13

@PeterMac wrote:
@tigger wrote:

Good morning from South Africa. Would you like us to teach Geldof and Bono how to fish? we'll do discount rates.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 26.12.11 11:05

@sharonl wrote:Here is a link to the website http://www.posterplus.co.uk/

There may have been a dual purpose in the billboard If the company was struggling at the time, or even if it wasn't. The company would have benefitted from the huge publicity surrounding the Madeleine case and this would have been a great advertisment for them. Besides, what happened to the billboard after? Did they reclaim it? Could they re-use it? Probably. Both the company and the McCanns benefitted from that billboard.

Gavin Holloywood is the director - http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/gavin-hollywood/1b/712/6b6
-

Yes, quite, even TM could not have foreseen the jumpers-on-the-bankwagon, the mystic Megs who came out in droves, the pseudo soldiers crawling down holes and mysterious apparatus, lots of publicity for them too.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 26.12.11 11:12

They wouldn't have cared. All the nut jobs in the world wouldn't have found Madeleine and more publicity means more £ donations in their "fund"

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum