The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Metodo 3 Met police follow new leads - 30 boxes taken

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Metodo 3 Met police follow new leads - 30 boxes taken

Post by Guest on 19.12.11 8:35

@aquila wrote:I may have a simplistic view here. Metodo3 were hired by TM. Wouldn't that mean that all information and documents were the property of the McCann's? If that's the case why when M3 were released from their contract were ANY files left with them? Is it suggesting that M3 deliberately with-held info? and if there were 8 important leads why would TM not have hired another PI company to check things out? Perhaps there wasn't sufficient money in the Fund to do that at the time, however it begs the question why the huge press release that 30 boxes of info was still sitting in an office...the questions go on.

Excellent point aquila clapping

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie on 19.12.11 14:25

It s bizarre that Metodo 3 had 30 boxes of information. When handing over to the next PI's hired all documents should of been handed over, with M3 keeping copies, in a properly run company anyway. Edgar (if they are still the hired PI's) should now be in possession of all these documents. It does raise concerns that things have not been done properly.

Does Team McCann have copies of these documents? Kate wanted all the PJ files to pour over in case anything had been missed, so she certainly would of wanted everything that the PI's had as well in case they missed anything, makes perfect sense.

That paragraph sounds like I'm defending them which I certainly am not! Hope you get what I'm getting at!

Ollie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 19.12.11 15:49

@jd wrote:The whole M3 is a con

That's the conclusion I arrived at too jd.

Metodo 3 = a co-ordinated disinformation campaign, set up to act as a feed for dubious stories to the British press - (paraphrased from a quote I read somewhere). What really sealed the deal on this conclusion for me was how Brian Kennedy (the financer of M3) wormed his way into meetings with the PJ and tried to manipulate the investigation by steering it in a different direction. Here's an extract from a statement by Joao Carlos, (Inspector) about Brian Kennedy's reasons for his involvement with the Madeleine McCann case. Unbelievable!

Jaos Carlos: "From the beginning, Brian Kennedy was questioned, and ascertained that
the meeting only had this scope--of transmitting that his objective in
all of this was purely charitable in that he is interested [in helping
to stop] the bad treatment of minors and in missing children. He
affirmed that he only was interested in discovering the truth
and
nothing more even if the McCann family, the friends, or any other person
is found to be involved in the disappearance."

This is a very important statement imo. http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic67.html?hilit=aljezur

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I know what the eight leads claim by M3 are!

Post by Ollie on 20.12.11 0:00

Metodo read Mr Amarals book as we know, they also read Kate's bewk, that's where they got the eight leads from, she says in the bewk there are eight people they want to trace.

Ollie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 20.12.11 9:21

@PeterMac wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
SNIP Scotland Yard have no jurisdiction in Spain, or Portugal, or anywhere else outside the UK and HM dominions.
Which makes the whole story even more fascinating.

PeterMac
I beg to differ. The Yard were accompanied by the Spanish police suggesting that mutual interpol treaty (or whatever is applicable) to work with local police was exercised when they collected those boxes. So no way of knowing whether handed over willingly or begrudgingly but I would hazard a guess it to be the latter.

Good point. If the Spanish police had a warrant or some other authority they would have been able to seize the boxes, but under what authority would they then simply hand them over to a foreign power ? They surely ought then to have gone through them to see what was revealed. But that would mean that the Spanish Police, either the Guardia Civil or more likely the Policia Nacional, had in some way taken over the case, or some part of it. perhaps not the "alleged abduction, since that is nothing to do with them,but perhaps money laundering, or fraud.

To seize documents from a Spanish business entity, the procedure would be for the Yard to arrange for this to be done through the Spanish police pursuant to a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT).

This is wiki link on MLAT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_legal_assistance_treaty

I would hazard a guess that the Yard's first trip to Barcelona was to liaise with Spanish Police to get ready required document in accordance to stipulations in MLAT for seizure of files from Spanish business entity. Then when said document became available to hands, the Yard made a return trip to Barcelona where together with the Spanish Police, they went to collect or seize the files from Metodo 3.

Depending whether the MLAT regulations require Spanish Police to notify the business entity (in this case M3) in advance of their arrival and intention then M3 might have or might not have been informed. If we take Francisco's word at face value that it seems he was notified in advance since he said mccanns had granted him permission to hand over the files, unless his permission seeking was done impromptu on the spot with the Yard and Spanish Police waiting in the background.

I prefer to take Francisco's words with a large bucket of salt, because he also said he'd to observe secrecy agreement with the Yard hence couldn't comment, then why did he bother to go on national tv to tell half a story which wasnt in the public interest to know? Why did the public need to be told M3 was sitting on 8 important leads yet couldn't be told what the Yard are planning to do with them? It just makes no sense.
Imo he was just spinning in case rumour of the seizure affects his company's reputation and business - he was just pre-empting bad press for his company.

If MLAT was invoked, which it looked likely to be, then the files were seized by local police on behalf of the Yard for purpose of the Yard.
So, according to WIKI, MLAT can be invoked by foreign police for seizing foreign entity files for purpose of examination of tax evasion or criminal activities ....hmmm it makes one wonder........?
Are the yard examining M3 for one of those crimes as stated, or merely getting their hands on the files for leads exchange as M3 lead us to believe.

Logical deduction is since the Yard has no remit to investigate any sightings what would be their point of collecting those 8 leads? It has to be something else. Fund Fraud or bogus detectives work et al or money laundering or whatever....there is more than meet the eyes...

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.12.11 9:55

@aiyoyo wrote:Logical deduction is since the Yard has no remit to investigate any sightings what would be their point of collecting those 8 leads? It has to be something else. Fund Fraud or bogus detectives work et al or money laundering or whatever....there is more than meet the eyes...

I have no doubts about that aiyoyo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat on 20.12.11 12:52

Stella wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Logical deduction is since the Yard has no remit to investigate any sightings what would be their point of collecting those 8 leads? It has to be something else. Fund Fraud or bogus detectives work et al or money laundering or whatever....there is more than meet the eyes...

I have no doubts about that aiyoyo.

Bogus detectives ripping off clients or bogus detectives following instructions from clients?

Wonder what was in all those boxes that look like sealed evidence boxes. Contracts? Instructions?

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 20.12.11 15:07

"Cheshire Cat"
Bogus detectives ripping off clients or bogus detectives following instructions from clients?
Of a conspiracy between and among bogus detectives, following bogus instructions from bogus clients relayed to them through a bogus spokesman.
Who can say ?
But it all looks very strange, particularly, as you observe, SY are not trying to find Madeleine. Their remit is to review the way the so called search has been organised. And this must involve looking at the way funds were spent.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 20.12.11 18:01

I just think M3 were a "front" issued statements on instructions from TM. Maybe accounts for the differing amount they were paid. Maybe they did have files in file boxes - which would take a lot of room up.

But I think they may have started typing furiously as soon the Reveiw was announced.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 20.12.11 22:05

@Angelique wrote:

But I think they may have started typing furiously as soon the Reveiw was announced.

My feeling exactly.

I can see a new legal case on its way after the inquiry against M3. If SY dismiss their investigation as rubbish then I am sure they will be gunning for damages. You can see it can't you. M3 wasted vital time when at a crucial time when she could have been found.

They will follow the PJ in the botching the investigation. They are probably be thinking the money wasn't worth it any time soon.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 20.12.11 22:26

@Pershing36 wrote:
@Angelique wrote:

My feeling exactly.

I can see a new legal case on its way after the inquiry against M3. If SY dismiss their investigation as rubbish then I am sure they will be gunning for damages. You can see it can't you. M3 wasted vital time when at a crucial time when she could have been found.

They will follow the PJ in the botching the investigation. They are probably be thinking the money wasn't worth it any time soon.

But who would sue M3? I am guessing Kate & Gerry McCann were happy with their work (sic) at the time so why would they sue M3 now?

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 20.12.11 22:33

@Gillyspot wrote:
But who would sue M3? I am guessing Kate & Gerry McCann were happy with their work (sic) at the time so why would they sue M3 now?
Why ?
Money. Publicity. Money. Sympathy. Money. Publicity. Money ...................................

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 20.12.11 22:34

@Gillyspot wrote:
@Pershing36 wrote:
@Angelique wrote:

My feeling exactly.

You have me at a loss. I was under the impression that M3 were released because of lack of progress?

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 20.12.11 22:36

@PeterMac wrote:
@Gillyspot wrote:
Why ?
Money. Publicity. Money. Sympathy. Money. Publicity. Money ...................................

Possibly so but why didn't Kate & Gerry speak out about Kevin Halligen (or Helligen) case? Noticeable by their absence in this to my mind.

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 20.12.11 22:47

If I owned M3 I would be bricking it right now. I am sure every receipt, travel destination, person's interviewed will be scrutinised by SY. I doubt the police are going to be in any hurry to praise the work of Pi's, they do not generally hold them in high regards. They see them as people who get paid 5 times the amount for doing a 1/4 of the job. I am sure there will be plenty of reports on their actions for the lawyers to get their teeth into.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie on 20.12.11 22:54

I was surprised that SY took boxes from M3. I thought (maybe naively) that they would only be looking at the PJ files and liasing with the Portugal police. I wonder if the McCanns were expecting SY to visit M3?

Ollie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 20.12.11 23:03

30 boxes are a lot of boxes even though they don't look huge according to the picture. Was it just paperwork as I would have thought that a lot of stuff would have been on computers. Did they take those too?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 20.12.11 23:28

Personally I can see the headline coming something on the lines of;

Maddy missing, M3 makes a meal of it

"SY has revealed that in the crucial weeks after her abduction Private investigators run up huge costs, including 1st class airline tickets to luxury locations, stayed in 5* star hotels and racked up huge expenses."

From what I have read M3 boss has been accused of things before. I sure this will be dredged up to advantage.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1995 Raid

Post by Cheshire Cat on 21.12.11 3:35

@Nina wrote:30 boxes are a lot of boxes even though they don't look huge according to the picture. Was it just paperwork as I would have thought that a lot of stuff would have been on computers. Did they take those too?

This is what was taken in a raid on M3's office back in 1995: "In a raid on Metodo 3's Barcelona offices, police seized handguns, ammunition, listening equipment, cassettes and transcripts of taped phone calls. But the 1995 case was dropped by a judge after defence lawyers levelled accusations of police entrapment."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23422896-madeleine-pictured-in-handcuffs-the-mccann-detective-once-held-over-phone-tapping.do

But despite the fears in the article CM said "The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said the agency retained their confidence and was not acting illegally for them."

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 21.12.11 10:28

Ironic really, they hire an agency accused of illegally tapping phones, then a few years later appear at an enquiry that among other things is dealing with phone hacking.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is it just me?

Post by Guest on 21.12.11 11:32

1. The couple claim to have left their 3 children alone with the patio door (directly accessible from the street) open and state that Madeleine was abducted.
2. There is no evidence of a break-in yet the couple are still free to tell the world that there was one and they can do this unchallenged.
3. They have collected millions for a fund for which there is (pardon the pun) no accountability yet people continue to donate despite the couple's non cooperation with the police
4. The public is left to believe that the McCanns are working very hard to find their missing daughter yet we now see that there is "new" evidence from the first team of detectives they hired at the expense of the public's donations
5. It takes SY who are also funded by the tax payer to "prise" this new information from those detectives which was or should have been under the McCann's noses for the last 4 years yet this is a new fantastic revelation splashed across our screens?

TBH I feel sick. Is there anyone at all with a conscience?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 22.12.11 15:37

Lets face it there is only a few reasons why M3 have those boxes. I can only think of 3.

1. It was left with them as they knew it was useless because they know the child cannot be found.
2. They left M3 on bad terms and they refused to release it to them.
3. M3 after hearing there was going to be an enquiry thought they better gather up a load of useless rubbish to make it look like they did something.

2 seems unlikely as I am sure they would have got it off them by some legal suit.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 22.12.11 17:49

2. There is no evidence of a break-in yet the couple are still free to tell the world that there was one and they can do this unchallenged.

Yep this is the fact of the matter

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 23.12.11 5:58

@Ollie wrote:I was surprised that SY took boxes from M3. I thought (maybe naively) that they would only be looking at the PJ files and liasing with the Portugal police. I wonder if the McCanns were expecting SY to visit M3?

They sure did, apparently. They said they were pleased the Yard were making progress.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 23.12.11 6:05

@Nina wrote:30 boxes are a lot of boxes even though they don't look huge according to the picture. Was it just paperwork as I would have thought that a lot of stuff would have been on computers. Did they take those too?

Maybe it wasn't M3's idea to hand over 30 boxes.

Maybe it's case of the police searched through M3's office, took what to them looked like useful to look through.
They were looking for more than leads. If it was leads they're after they could have asked M3 and those will be picked those out and given to them and 8 leads wont add up to 30 boxes imo.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum