The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Brenda Ryan's interpretation of Gerry McCann saying: "I don't object to people purporting theories"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Brenda Ryan's interpretation of Gerry McCann saying: "I don't object to people purporting theories"

Post by aquila on 14.12.11 9:59

@Tony Bennett wrote:Just one further technical point: some have thought that the court will visit upon me a huge bill for the McCanns' legal costs. Certainly a lot of time and effort has been used to 'beef up' the case against me, spending hours a day on this forum and on the Madeleine Foundation website trawling for possible libels, compiling 993 pages of alleged breaches of an undertaking, sending the committal papers up with two people in a limo etc.

But it won't be possible for the court to make any costs order because Dr Kate McCann, in a book she described not only as 'truthful', but also, specifically, as 'very truthful', said that all the help Carter-Ruck was giving her was for free.

Here are her exact words, from page 289 of 'madeleine':

"Adam Tudor and his colleague Isabel Hudson continue do a vast amount of work for us, without payment..."

Isn't it really sad that parents of a missing child can find the time and finances (albeit finances from the general public) to be bothered about you TB. It's the level of the bloody playground. Bullying...that's the word I was looking for. Have they ever called you personally to discuss the search for Madeleine and perhaps how your comments/actions were not helping? Have they ever recognised you as a person with a passion for finding the truth about what happened to their daughter? If I were in their position (thank God I'm not) I'd have had you on my side from day one...then again I'd have answered all the questions asked of me.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brenda Ryan's interpretation of Gerry McCann saying: "I don't object to people purporting theories"

Post by PeterMac on 14.12.11 10:18

TB
The court on 8 February, or whenever the committal trial takes place (it might be on a later date), has the following options available to it:
1. To decide that there has been no breach of the undertaking
2. To decide that the undertaking was too sweeping, i.e. its terms were too widely drawn, or
3. To free the defendant from his undertaking.
Can they add : "on the grounds that the original undertaking was given prior to the realisation by the respondent that the plaintiff was basing his application on false information, which was clear once it had been laid before the court by Counsel."

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 14.12.11 14:49

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:I think to have committed 149 alleged breaches of a High Court undertaking may be some kind of record. I hope they don't give me a month inside for each alleged breach.

This is what "Carter Ruck sponsored well-wisher" muratfan posted on his blog.

Nice people the McCanns have got snooping for them.

If you neglect your kids til one goes missing, presumed dead, that's fine and dandy because you will be treated like a celebrity... but if anyone discusses it then you might end up in prison... or hanged if muratfan had his way. The world has gone barking mad.

I wont be surprised CR sponsored him (muratfan I mean)

Look what CR had to say about kate's diary leak on their blog http://www.carter-ruck.com/Miscellaneous/Kate%20McCann%20Diary.

They defended mccanns to the hilt and look what Tom Crone testified to LI today?
NOTW was granted permission by mccanns' official Rep to print the diary, presumably with permission of kate doubtless. Else why would their paid Rep do such a thing without having it sanctioned first by the principals.
Their dirty linens will get plenty air time good and proper in ensuing days headlines.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 14.12.11 15:29

@aquila wrote:
Isn't it really sad that parents of a missing child can find the time and finances (albeit finances from the general public) to be bothered about you TB. Have they ever called you personally to discuss the search for Madeleine and perhaps how your comments/actions were not helping? Have they ever recognised you as a person with a passion for finding the truth about what happened to their daughter? If I were in their position (thank God I'm not) I'd have had you on my side from day one...then again I'd have answered all the questions asked of me.
clapping1

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 14.12.11 15:49

When dealing with people like these - one should never expose ones hand.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scotclogs on 16.12.11 5:23

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
@Me wrote:Now in relartion to what Gerry himself said here's somehting i agree with:

I would like to emphasise that I strongly believe in freedom of speech, but where you have people who are repeatedly carrying out inaccuracies and have been shown to do so, then they should be held to account.

Inaccuracies? What like the statements and the book? You're absolutely right Gerry, you and Kate should be held to account for them.

bravo

Spot on clapping1 clapping1

scotclogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by galena on 12.10.13 16:09

I suspect that what Gerry means is that he doesn't mind people forming theories as long as they are about Madeleine being abducted and absolve the parents of all blame big grin

galena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum