The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by Autumn on 01.02.10 14:05

Thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread about the accounts for the Fund so that we can focus more on the income, expenses and those involved with it.

Autumn

Posts : 2603
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by aliberte2 on 01.02.10 16:01

Did you Donate?

aliberte2

Posts : 365
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2009-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by Autumn on 01.02.10 16:03

@aliberte2 wrote:Did you Donate?

I think you can guess the answer to that.

Autumn

Posts : 2603
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by vaguely1 on 01.02.10 16:07

As far as I can see they haven't used the funds for their defence fund, just for the book, which they consider to be hampering their search.

It seems to fit with what was previously said - I'm not seeing an issue.

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by aliberte2 on 01.02.10 16:11

@Autumn wrote:
@aliberte2 wrote:Did you Donate?

I think you can guess the answer to that.

Then you Have no Standing -- so what is Your issue?

aliberte2

Posts : 365
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2009-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by aliberte2 on 01.02.10 16:11

@vaguely1 wrote:As far as I can see they haven't used the funds for their defence fund, just for the book, which they consider to be hampering their search.

It seems to fit with what was previously said - I'm not seeing an issue.

The Issue is that Autumn Likes to Exclusively read Headlines and then Make up a Story to go With it.

aliberte2

Posts : 365
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2009-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by Pascal on 01.02.10 16:14

I do have an issue with spending the fund to censor the book. I can't see how this book will hamper any search for Madeleine. A firm rebuttal through the media would imo have a more favourable effect than another media circus in Portugal. Apart from highlighting their arrogance, it is costly to the fund. Many people will ask why they are not using it to search for their child.

I am more concerned in how they are going about their search.

Pascal

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by simplyme on 01.02.10 16:15

@vaguely1 wrote:As far as I can see they haven't used the funds for their defence fund, just for the book, which they consider to be hampering their search.

It seems to fit with what was previously said - I'm not seeing an issue.

Did you donate? I did in the early days and I am totally appalled that they are using the funds which were given to search for the child to take Mr Amaral to court. So because my conscience bothered me I donated double the amount to Mr Amaral's legal defence fund!

I dont know how the McCanns sleep at night, I really dont...................

simplyme

Posts : 41
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by Autumn on 01.02.10 16:15

@vaguely1 wrote:As far as I can see they haven't used the funds for their defence fund, just for the book, which they consider to be hampering their search.

It seems to fit with what was previously said - I'm not seeing an issue.


Well it may well be an issue with well-meaning people who have no say in whether or not they wish to support this legal battle against Mr Amaral.
As for hampering the 'search' , that would not appear to be the case according to Dave Edgar - he recently announced that they have thousands of new leads to follow up.

Autumn

Posts : 2603
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by aliberte2 on 01.02.10 16:43

How Do you Know it's your 20 pounds or Whatever that Went to This? That money was Used up Before the Court Case... the Money in the Fund in the last Year came From the Libel cases

aliberte2

Posts : 365
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2009-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by vaguely1 on 01.02.10 16:45

I think the early days money that was donated is gone now. Everyone who donated post-arguido status donated because, I presume, they support the McCanns.

They still haven't gone against their claim to not use the money for their defence.

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by simplyme on 01.02.10 16:53

Support the McCann's or have been conned by the McCanns? Lets face it our press in the UK have not exactly told the truth the whole truth. My eyes were opened when I got access to the DVD.

I think there should be a full disclosure of costs and how the money was spent. Pound for pound! It is only in this way that we would know exactly how it is being used.

I would hate to think donations for a missing child were being used to pay for airline tickets and hotel rooms for 2 doctors! Bet they are though.

simplyme

Posts : 41
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by vaguely1 on 01.02.10 16:55

@simplyme wrote:Support the McCann's or have been conned by the McCanns? Lets face it our press in the UK have not exactly told the truth the whole truth. My eyes were opened when I got access to the DVD.

I think there should be a full disclosure of costs and how the money was spent. Pound for pound! It is only in this way that we would know exactly how it is being used.

I would hate to think donations for a missing child were being used to pay for airline tickets and hotel rooms for 2 doctors! Bet they are though.


It's interesting the effect that the police evidence being made public had on people. It had the opposite effect on me.

I guess their travel and accommodation, if used in the context of search related activity would be paid out of the fund.

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by simplyme on 01.02.10 17:00

Really? So what was it in the police evidence that swayed your mind? Was it the fact that Kate McCann would not answer any questions? Was it the fact they (could not agree ) lied about the time checks? Was it when they said they were responsible parents? Maybe it was when they fled Portugal? Maybe it was the pictures of them laughing and joking a few days after their daughter was gone?

simplyme

Posts : 41
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by aliberte2 on 01.02.10 17:02

It was Probably the Fact that the LEad Investigator Couldnt get his Thick Skull around the Lack of Forensic Evidence but Could retire to Write a Book About it.

ETA: Or the fact That the Lead iNvestigator let Out the Apartment a Few More times Before Leisurely getting Aroudn to Checking for Evidecen in August.

Or the Fact that the Lead Investigator still Can't get Gerry McCann's profession Correct.

aliberte2

Posts : 365
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2009-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by vaguely1 on 01.02.10 17:04

Yes, it was the points that were lacking in the investigation, than you Aliberte. It left me a little taken aback.

Simplyme, I presume you're not after winning hearts and minds today?

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by Autumn on 01.02.10 17:05

So if the McCanns are winning hearts and minds, how come there has been a dramatic fall in donations?

Autumn

Posts : 2603
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by aliberte2 on 01.02.10 17:06

@Autumn wrote:So if the McCanns are winning hearts and minds, how come there has been a dramatic fall in donations?

Do you Think the Donations to Haitian Earthquake victims Will be the same in a Year?

ETA: Also, who Said anything about the McCanns winnign Hearts and Minds? We're mindless INternet Forum dwellers, does it Excite you to Believe that Every Person who Doesn't Toe your Lin is a McCann?

aliberte2

Posts : 365
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2009-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by vaguely1 on 01.02.10 17:07

@Autumn wrote:So if the McCanns are winning hearts and minds, how come there has been a dramatic fall in donations?

I think maybe you misread my post, if that's what you're referring to?

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by simplyme on 01.02.10 17:09

I do not need to win hearts and minds. Then I havent lost a child and then registered a private company to beg for money to 'find' her even though no actual proof of a search has been submitted....

Guess this is what being human is about. Each person has their own beliefs based on what evidence we see. All I ask for is that they are brought to account. Neglect at least!!!

simplyme

Posts : 41
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by vaguely1 on 01.02.10 17:12

@simplyme wrote:I do not need to win hearts and minds. Then I havent lost a child and then registered a private company to beg for money to 'find' her even though no actual proof of a search has been submitted....

Guess this is what being human is about. Each person has their own beliefs based on what evidence we see. All I ask for is that they are brought to account. Neglect at least!!!


Then I don't understand your need to be quite so sarcastic in your post to me. I was just making a comment about the way people view the investigation.....tis all.


____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by simplyme on 01.02.10 17:15

I find I am getting quite annoyed here so I am going to stop. I like to debate but its hard going when no matter what you say it comes down to opposing views. I really would like to know what happened to this poor child. My heart goes out for her little life which I believe was snuffed out way to soon. Im sorry but i dont believe the McCann hype, I think they know far more than they are saying.

I will only say this

LET THE MCCANNS HAVE THEIR DAY IN COURT

if they are found 'innocent' of neglect etc.. then I will shut up forever. At the very least there should be a trial, an inquest or something.

simplyme

Posts : 41
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by simplyme on 01.02.10 17:16

No sarcasm intended. I am passionate about the child that is all and I believe the parents are guilty, not you!

.
@vaguely1 wrote:
@simplyme wrote:I do not need to win hearts and minds. Then I havent lost a child and then registered a private company to beg for money to 'find' her even though no actual proof of a search has been submitted....

Guess this is what being human is about. Each person has their own beliefs based on what evidence we see. All I ask for is that they are brought to account. Neglect at least!!!


Then I don't understand your need to be quite so sarcastic in your post to me. I was just making a comment about the way people view the investigation.....tis all.


simplyme

Posts : 41
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by aliberte2 on 01.02.10 17:18

Wasn't the Original Aim of the Foundation to Change the law to Make it Clear that Leaving Small Children Alone at All is Child Neglect?

aliberte2

Posts : 365
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2009-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dramatic Fall in McCann Donations

Post by Autumn on 01.02.10 17:26

We already have laws in place to protect babies and very young children form being left alone - there are parents currently serving jail sentences for doing as the McCanns did. As Simplyme says, at the very least, the McCanns should have been charged with neglect.

Autumn

Posts : 2603
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum