The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Gillyspot on 03.12.11 15:14

"Something is happening on twitter that I believe you should ALL be aware of . The McCanns have a group who troll for them on the Internet and their new game is to have peoples accounts suspended who do not believe in the fairytale abduction. It is all too easy to suspend an account as I have recently discovered !

I have been informed the McCanns 'trolls' have now 'employed' Mark Williams ‘ child protector’ as their spokesman to have non believers accounts suspended, on Twitter . I do hope Mark is not so foolish as to fall into the McCanns trap and this is just a silly rumour ! To be on the safe side however I have reported this to Scotland Yard , Twitter and MP Tom Watson who I hope will contact Mark to see if this very serious allegation has any truth .

(Mark Williams YET to question Kate McCanns first witness statement TOYS left on the bed when the 'story' goes it was just old cuddle cat and a pink blanket!)

Some background info on Mark Williams .

Link deleted


#twitter total fail. They would do well to learn from #Facebook who would have had this account removed a very long time ago .
website tweet (2 hours 25 min ago)
Give me confidence that they were focused on child protection although they did not handle the last case well. Here we are again...
website tweet (2 hours 26 min ago)
This is the 2nd time #twitter has failed to act quickly re child abuse content - after last occasion I had good chat with them & they did ..
website tweet (2 hours 27 min ago)
Time for sleep - goodnight
website tweet (10 hours 21 min ago)"

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.com/2011/12/mccanns-new-campaign-dirty-tricks-on.html

MWT blocked me on twitter simply for sending him a link to the Gaspar Statement so he is certainly of a biased opinion.

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Nina on 03.12.11 17:07

@Gillyspot wrote:"Something is happening on twitter that I believe you should ALL be aware of . The McCanns have a group who troll for them on the Internet and their new game is to have peoples accounts suspended who do not believe in the fairytale abduction. It is all too easy to suspend an account as I have recently discovered !

I have been informed the McCanns 'trolls' have now 'employed' Mark Williams ‘ child protector’ as their spokesman to have non believers accounts suspended, on Twitter . I do hope Mark is not so foolish as to fall into the McCanns trap and this is just a silly rumour ! To be on the safe side however I have reported this to Scotland Yard , Twitter and MP Tom Watson who I hope will contact Mark to see if this very serious allegation has any truth .

(Mark Williams YET to question Kate McCanns first witness statement TOYS left on the bed when the 'story' goes it was just old cuddle cat and a pink blanket!)

Some background info on Mark Williams .

Link deleted


#twitter total fail. They would do well to learn from #Facebook who would have had this account removed a very long time ago .
website tweet (2 hours 25 min ago)
Give me confidence that they were focused on child protection although they did not handle the last case well. Here we are again...
website tweet (2 hours 26 min ago)
This is the 2nd time #twitter has failed to act quickly re child abuse content - after last occasion I had good chat with them & they did ..
website tweet (2 hours 27 min ago)
Time for sleep - goodnight
website tweet (10 hours 21 min ago)"

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.com/2011/12/mccanns-new-campaign-dirty-tricks-on.html

MWT blocked me on twitter simply for sending him a link to the Gaspar Statement so he is certainly of a biased opinion.



Gillyspot, thanks for this information. I don't "do" twitter, mainly because I have not got a clue how to, have tried but failed. So are the McCanns really taking over every form of communication, even the cyber world. Really scarey just what this pair can do.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2626
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Guest on 03.12.11 17:12

I don't do twitter either, but read occasionally, and noticed a few days ago that Quadrille had vanished, and someone said been banned? Isn't that the person that does SteelMagnolia blogspot?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Gillyspot on 03.12.11 17:28

Yes Candyfloss it is @Quadille that produces steelmagnolia.

MWT has been very pro on Twitter for quite some while. In fact until a few days ago was following 2 of the most notorious trolls on twitter ( @greenink211 & @TigerTiger439 )

I have tweeted that he is following them several times so perhaps that is why he has stopped. Shame I didn't get a screenshot.

As a matter of fact. Dara O'Braian (always seemed a nobody to me anyway) has also been outspoken on twitter regarding the McCann case in the last week.

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Guest on 03.12.11 17:29

He was rather unhappy about those photos of Madeleine in make up though

By Mark Williams-Thomas
2nd May 2010

* On the eve of Madeleine's disappearance I agree with the release of a new photo but question the appropriateness of the photo chosen
1:09 AM May 2nd via UberTwitter

* Have not yet seen the new Madeleine video but the photograph is so inappropriate & damaging on so many levels-ill advised again
1:46 AM May 2nd via UberTwitter

* Am trying to find out now who gave advise to use the make up photo- so damaging- as I know what it will become
1:51 AM May 2nd via UberTwitter

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id324.html


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Daisy on 03.12.11 17:56

@Gillyspot wrote: As a matter of fact. Dara O'Braian (always seemed a nobody to me anyway) has also been outspoken on twitter regarding the McCann case in the last week.

Thanks Gillyspot, I don't do twitter either (I don't even have a mobile phone lol). Interesting info nonetheless.

Dara O'Briain, outspoken in what way? for want of better words - supporter or sceptic of the McCann's?

____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Gillyspot on 03.12.11 18:30

Daro - Supporter of McCanns http://twitter.com/#!/daraobriain

Here is the first tweet of 23rd November 2011.

Oh Twitter, there is little in life more depressing to me than people wallowing in smug, unfeeling judgement of the McCanns.

Then here we go:

The best summation of the McCann Haters. RT @MattBluefoot: I've quite enjoyed winding that lot up. It's a bit like waving string at a cat.

@GasparStatement Yawn. You're just another smug fantasist, bathing in the sorrow of others. block.

My comment about the McCanns has dropped me into a right nest of conspiracy nuts and cold-hearted fools. Enough! Time to start the Blocking!

@GILLYSPOT @jblittlemore Hey Miss Marple! You're just a conspiracy theorist wallowing in someone's else's grief.

@morrisseyobe maybe you should take a cold look at how vicious your tweets are and ask "How can I judge them in their unimaginable grief?"

And many many more of them.

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by littlepixie on 03.12.11 19:50

Is Mark Willams T a self-declared "expert" in child abuse as one or two others who supported the McCanns were? I have also read that he was a fairly junior Police Officer who "left" the force rather than retired.

All these ex-coppers eh!!

littlepixie

Posts : 1340
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Xavier on 03.12.11 20:00

@Gillyspot wrote:" (clipped)


Some background info on Mark Williams .

Link deleted

MWT blocked me on twitter simply for sending him a link to the Gaspar Statement so he is certainly of a biased opinion.

_______________

Man cleared of blackmail


A journalist has been cleared of threatening to blackmail a funeral firm over claims more than one person was buried in the same grave.

It was alleged that freelance reporter Mark Williams-Thomas, of Beech Lane, Hindhead, Surrey, demanded money from the chief executive of Dignity Funerals.

But a jury at Chichester Crown Court took under an hour to clear Mr Williams-Thomas.

He claimed a former Dignity employee had told him bodies had been buried "inappropriately" at a cemetery in Leatherhead, Surrey.

Internal investigation

It was alleged that Mr Williams-Thomas had arranged to meet Dignity chief executive Peter Hindley in January 2002 in order to demand money for his story.

But Mr Williams-Thomas insisted he had only wanted to discuss the allegations and to ask for an internal investigation.

In a statement outside court, the solicitor for Mr Williams-Thomas said: "My client is proud of the work that he has undertaken if it serves to uncover unscrupulous practices and opens it up to public scrutiny.
"My client has denied these allegations from day one and has remained consistent with his version of events."
A statement from Dignity Funerals said they were pleased to put the matter behind them.













http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/2963918.stm

Maybe a bit of checking before posting this sort of reference may save embarrasment. And implying guilt where the individual was in fact cleared by the court.

Unless you think that accusations and allegations are a reasonable basis for drawing conclusions about someone?

Xavier

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Gillyspot on 03.12.11 20:04

You have clearly seen MWT's unbiased tweets have you not?

Would you say he was doing his job as a child protection expert simply by blocking me for sending him a link to the Gaspar Statement, wouldn't it have been better to argue or discuss why he disagrees with it?

I actually don't think it was MWT it was @mattbluefoot that organised @quadrilles removal but MWT was a willing participant and twitter friend of his on there.

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Xavier on 03.12.11 20:09

@Gillyspot wrote:You have clearly seen MWT's unbiased tweets have you not?

Would you say he was doing his job as a child protection expert simply by blocking me for sending him a link to the Gaspar Statement, wouldn't it have been better to argue or discuss why he disagrees with it?

I actually don't think it was MWT it was @mattbluefoot that organised @quadrilles removal but MWT was a willing participant and twitter friend of his on there.

That is another matter Gilly. Making the allegation you did in your original post, implying (without bothering to check) that he has a shady past, is not exactly going to place you with the moral high ground. Is it?

Xavier

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Guest on 03.12.11 20:19

Thank you for the infor Xavier, I have deleted the links.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Xavier on 03.12.11 20:45

Thank you CF

Xavier

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Gillyspot on 04.12.11 2:32

Apologies for leaving the links in I hadn't noticed them.

What I have said about MWT though being biased towards the McCanns in his tweets still stands in my book though.

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Xavier on 04.12.11 8:45

@Gillyspot wrote:Apologies for leaving the links in I hadn't noticed them.

What I have said about MWT though being biased towards the McCanns in his tweets still stands in my book though.

Gilly - you PUT the links in, in your original post.

I am intrigued why you should be making the point so forcefully that M W-T shows bias towards the McCanns. Is he not as entitled to his own opinion, as indeed are the rest of us?

I do not agree with him, but could forgive his having a bit of a bias against your good self in the circumstances.

Xavier

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by rainbow-fairy on 04.12.11 9:07

@Gillyspot wrote:Daro - Supporter of McCanns http://twitter.com/#!/daraobriain

Here is the first tweet of 23rd November 2011.

Oh Twitter, there is little in life more depressing to me than people wallowing in smug, unfeeling judgement of the McCanns.

Then here we go:

The best summation of the McCann Haters. RT @MattBluefoot: I've quite enjoyed winding that lot up. It's a bit like waving string at a cat.

@GasparStatement Yawn. You're just another smug fantasist, bathing in the sorrow of others. block.

My comment about the McCanns has dropped me into a right nest of conspiracy nuts and cold-hearted fools. Enough! Time to start the Blocking!

@GILLYSPOT @jblittlemore Hey Miss Marple! You're just a conspiracy theorist wallowing in someone's else's grief.

@morrisseyobe maybe you should take a cold look at how vicious your tweets are and ask "How can I judge them in their unimaginable grief?"

And many many more of them.
Oh dear. I have always rated DO'B (well, on Mock the Week, his stand-up is a bit poor IMO) I would've expected more tbh. Think I'll stick with Frankie Boyle he's offenSive loud and in-yer-face (a bit like Team McCann Wink) I would be amazed if he supports them. Feel free to correct me with any examples, if he does...

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by littlepixie on 04.12.11 9:11

What is a child protection "expert" when they are at home and who do they work for?

littlepixie

Posts : 1340
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by pennylane on 04.12.11 11:05

@littlepixie wrote:What is a child protection "expert" when they are at home and who do they work for?

Good questions littlepixie.

It seems these so called "experts" in the UK do not have our children's best interest at heart, at least not the ones born of child-neglecting parents with influence and money. Sadly we have seen with our very own eyes via Jim Gamble and the British authorities that such people are immune to prosecution, and that 'mum's' the word.... in more ways than one!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Pershing36 on 04.12.11 11:47

Interesting thread. Just about internet comments in general.

I am a member of numerous forums with numerous subjects. Most have General discussion areas and I have seen the Madeleine McCann case come up quite a few times.

I do feel that when this happens that moderators 'feel' a bit nervous. Pro-abduction supporters seem to speak freely and I personally feel some what aggressively in getting their views across. People who have displayed a more sceptical view on the subject have been personally attacked on more than one a occasion. Even in the site forum rules it states no personal attacks but they have been left unchallenged. The other thing is posts disappearing quite quickly, I have personally witnessed it on more than one occasion. The disappearing posts in my own personal view did not contain anything that I would have described as direct allegations against the McCanns. I wish I had screenshot them at the time now.

I have always wondered if this is the work of the Moderators or Administrators working on their own maybe to avoid any legal action. Or if there are people out their that monitor such sites and make direct requests to the Moderation team for the item to be removed.

I am not suggesting though the McCann team has a group directly working for them, this could of course just be coincidence.


Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Gillyspot on 04.12.11 14:52

@Xavier wrote:
@Gillyspot wrote:Apologies for leaving the links in I hadn't noticed them.

What I have said about MWT though being biased towards the McCanns in his tweets still stands in my book though.

Gilly - you PUT the links in, in your original post.

I am intrigued why you should be making the point so forcefully that M W-T shows bias towards the McCanns. Is he not as entitled to his own opinion, as indeed are the rest of us?

I do not agree with him, but could forgive his having a bit of a bias against your good self in the circumstances.

Xavier I have already apologised, do you want me to do so again. I cut and pasted the article and missed the links.

As regards MWT showing clear bias towards the McCanns, as you say he is entitled to his opinion but as he states he is a "child protection expert" and maintains a high profile perhaps it would be better for him to appear unbiased in the unsolved case of a missing child.

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns New Campaign - Dirty Tricks On TWITTER.

Post by Ashwarya on 04.12.11 16:12

If any of these self-styled child abuse experts offered to babysit for my kids, I think I might decide not to go out after all.

Ashwarya

Posts : 141
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum