The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.


Jill Havern
Forum owner

Apartment 5K - Moyes

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by Upsy Daisy on 29.07.12 15:21

SUSAN MOYES Harsh, very, very harsh. Hand on heart, we’ve all done
something like that, I think
. And erm, no, its just unfortunate. Just a
sad, unfortunate accident.

another one, telling us that 'we've all left our kids alone, etc.'..
speak for yourself lady! I know I never have and never would! Sounds a
familiar phrase used by none other than K.M. herself!



REPORTER And how do you feel having
been, if you like, being swept along with all this, having been a part
of this story from the start, being there at the time when it all
happened. I suspect as a family you must have talked about this over the
dinner table for weeks and weeks and weeks.

SUSAN MOYES Yes, we
have, we have. And I just can’t get my head around it at all. I can’t. I
can’t understand it and I don’t, I don’t know if it’ll ever be
resolved, really.



why the heck would Susan Moyes say that ? As far as anyone would have been concerned back then in 2007 when the 'disappearance' had just ocurred then surely the mindset at that time would have been more along the lines of 'they will find her soon dead or alive'?? I would have expected that comment nowadays, 5 years down the line, not back then.


____________________
Grammatical Error of The Day : It's should 'have', NOT should 'of'......

Upsy Daisy

Posts : 437
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-04-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by jd on 29.07.12 15:41

@Upsy Daisy wrote:
SUSAN MOYES Yes, we
have, we have. And I just can’t get my head around it at all. I can’t. I
can’t understand it and I don’t, I don’t know if it’ll ever be
resolved, really.



why the heck would Susan Moyes say that ? As far as anyone would have been concerned back then in 2007 when the 'disappearance' had just ocurred then surely the mindset at that time would have been more along the lines of 'they will find her soon dead or alive'?? I would have expected that comment nowadays, 5 years down the line, not back then.

Very good point

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by noddy100 on 19.05.13 15:25

Why would she say she was on the balcony at 9.15 if she knows that puts them in it? Esp as she sounds like she thinks they are not involved?
I would expect someone who believed them to be less specific about detail in order to protect them
It is all very weird

noddy100

Posts : 697
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2013-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by tigger on 19.05.13 16:23

From the Sunday Express 19/5/13:
Mrs. Moyes:

“I saw people eating at the tapas bar and children in the play area. We went to bed at 10pm-ish. We were woken up by our bell ringing at 11.30pm. It was a friend of the McCanns, saying that a little girl had been abducted. The friend asked if we had a computer so they could get the media involved in the search.
unquote

9.15 exactly they are on the balcony having a drink.
They see people eating in the tapas bar.
They see children in the play area. This is strange, by that time it's dark - where is the play area? I don't think it's floodlit?

From the book:
Gerry left to do the first check just before 9.05 by his watch. So if we're not doing seconds, we may say it was 9.04?

The Moyes do not see or hear him enter or leave 5a at any time. They could almost have run into to him on their way to their own front door. If we take the first method of entry given by Gerry. (This kind of thing is a bit like the Mornington Crescent game - different rules apply).

Three things are strange:
It's cold, certainly up there one would need a fleece but the impression given is that it's a paradise and that being on the balcony was comfortable.
The exact time given of 9.15.
Seeing children in the play area at that time of night.

Add: 'hand on heart, we've all done something like that' - left children under four alone in the dark with the door open?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by Guest on 19.05.13 18:51

SUSAN MOYES Sure. We went out for a meal about seven o’clock down in the town.
We walked back about nine o’clock, round past, erm, the church, round past the
supermarket, back to the apartment. Went out on the balcony about quarter past
nine. Everywhere was peaceful, everywhere was lovely. We then went to bed. We
were woken up at half past eleven at night by one of the friends of the McCanns
to say a little girl had been abducted.
Those were the words she used. So we got
dressed and joined in the search. We were out till about four in the morning
with, oooh, about I dont know, thirty people, thirty other people maybe. The
Mark Warner team were out with other guests at the Ocean Club.

Strange they were in apartment above Mrs Fenn, who was above McCanns yet she makes no mention of the panic, noise, screaming, crying and shouting for Madeleine that must have taken place. It must have been quite chaotic with everyone milling about yet she makes no mention only that they were woken up at 11.30 by a friend of the McCanns. Surely they would have heard something was going on, she said herself how lovely and peaceful the place was.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by Guest on 19.05.13 18:56

Odd, Jez Wilkins, although allegedly woken up and told a little girl had disappeared, was told there was nothing he could do and did not need to help searching, him a fit & able man

Whereas the OAPs Moyes went and searched.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by russiandoll on 19.05.13 19:04

they weren't OAPs at the time though but get your point....!

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by PeterMac on 19.05.13 19:06

@Portia wrote:Odd, Jez Wilkins, although allegedly woken up and told a little girl had disappeared, was told there was nothing he could do and did not need to help searching, him a fit & able man
Whereas the OAPs Moyes went and searched.
Almost everyone went out searching, and in many cases stayed out all night.
The only ones who did not were those associated with Madeleine, it seems.
Why ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 144
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by russiandoll on 19.05.13 19:09

not even to pretend to search? did not want to be recognised by others who might have recalled them from another location/time / doing something they should not have been doing ?

just a thought, without much thought !

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by tigger on 19.05.13 19:12

candyfloss wrote:
SUSAN MOYES Sure. We went out for a meal about seven o’clock down in the town.
We walked back about nine o’clock, round past, erm, the church, round past the
supermarket, back to the apartment. Went out on the balcony about quarter past
nine. Everywhere was peaceful, everywhere was lovely. We then went to bed. We
were woken up at half past eleven at night by one of the friends of the McCanns
to say a little girl had been abducted.
Those were the words she used. So we got
dressed and joined in the search. We were out till about four in the morning
with, oooh, about I dont know, thirty people, thirty other people maybe. The
Mark Warner team were out with other guests at the Ocean Club.

Strange they were in apartment above Mrs Fenn, who was above McCanns yet she makes no mention of the panic, noise, screaming, crying and shouting for Madeleine that must have taken place. It must have been quite chaotic with everyone milling about yet she makes no mention only that they were woken up at 11.30 by a friend of the McCanns. Surely they would have heard something was going on, she said herself how lovely and peaceful the place was
.

So that's nr. four that's strange.
Thirty people searching - she saw Gerry and Kate outside after or during that search, yet other information is that they stayed inside most of the time - then moved - around the time that the Moyes saw them, to the Payne's apartment.
So the Moyes had exceptionally good eyesight - saw children in the playground in the dark but impaired hearing as the whole panic and noise from 10.00 pm onwards passed them by. Makes no sense. I'd scrap them from my witness list.
Either constructive memory or suggestions?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by russiandoll on 19.05.13 19:17

and given the very specific

" the f*****g bastards have taken her! " from Kate [allegedly].

Can we infer if heard correctly,
Kate knew/ had an idea who they were ?
They might have come for a deceased Maddie but sooner than expected [ to move her from one location to another, Kate was expecting her to be there, not to be gone]

that Gerry left Kate out of the loop and she was ignorant of certain issues ?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by View-from-Ireland on 19.05.13 19:18

@PeterMac wrote:
@Portia wrote:Odd, Jez Wilkins, although allegedly woken up and told a little girl had disappeared, was told there was nothing he could do and did not need to help searching, him a fit & able man
Whereas the OAPs Moyes went and searched.
Almost everyone went out searching, and in many cases stayed out all night.
The only ones who did not were those associated with Madeleine, it seems.
Why ?

Those associated with Madeleine were too busy getting their stories/timelines straight.

____________________


View-from-Ireland

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by russiandoll on 19.05.13 19:22

quote "Those associated with Madeleine were too busy getting their stories/timelines straight. "

weren't they just !!

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apartment 5K - Moyes

Post by tigger on 25.11.13 6:18

The Moyes: 

Should almost have run into Gerry as he went forhis 9.05 check through the front door. 

Gave a definite timeof 9.15 when all was quiet.

Did not hear either the rattle of  a shutter, nor Gerry and JW talking (imo simply because that was earlier. )

Did not hear JT flip flopping up theroad. 

Were woken earlier than JW (who was not required to help. - possibly this was to aid his memory of the 'alibi' meeting)

The  Moyes were wanted in the search, but as from 11.30 that night they provided 'friends' of the McCanns with presumably a laptop. 
This  has nothing to do with the photographs which were printed out well before the police came, so one would suppose emails were the reason?

Mrs.Moyes' enthusiasm in defending the McCanns may simply bea case of  not going against the tide of sympathy, at the time thatwould amountto heresy. 

However, her description  of the expats in puts paid to the 'babes in the woods' myth of TM.

On theother hand, children in theplay area? After dark?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum