The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Have just thought...why didn't they use baby monitors?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have just thought...why didn't they use baby monitors?

Post by opinionswapper on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:30 pm

please excuse me if i am miles behind but i have just had something new occur to me

isnt it (or wasnt it at the time) possible to get battery powered mobile baby monitors sort of like walkie talkies? or even walkie talkies themselves - that would have been effective at the range claimed?

i mean presumably they knew in advance they were going to be leaving the children (all of them) to eat and while planning checks wouldnt someone have thought of baby monitors?

dont know if this has been raised elsewhere - to me it is so obvious i have only just thought of it - not seeing wood for trees

opinionswapper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have just thought...why didn't they use baby monitors?

Post by uppatoffee on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:39 pm

David and Fiona did have a baby monitor with them which they used. Although to be honest I'm surprised a baby monitor would have that good a range on it. Ours struggles if I am in the garden, and that is certainly less than 50m from the house! I guess as high salaried docs they obviously have a top of the range model!

The others are supposed to have carried out listening/smelling checks on their children every 30mins or so. It has been suggested that the sick adult each night was actually baby sitting all of the children in one apartment which I find much more convincing an explanation than the garbage spouted by the tapas group in their statements. Maybe this is just wishful thinking though, as I can't believe they really left the children, especially when ill.

uppatoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionswapper on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:42 pm

@uppatoffee wrote:David and Fiona did have a baby monitor with them which they used. Although to be honest I'm surprised a baby monitor would have that good a range on it. Ours struggles if I am in the garden, and that is certainly less than 50m from the house! I guess as high salaried docs they obviously have a top of the range model!

The others are supposed to have carried out listening/smelling checks on their children every 30mins or so. It has been suggested that the sick adult each night was actually baby sitting all of the children in one apartment which I find much more convincing an explanation than the garbage spouted by the tapas group in their statements. Maybe this is just wishful thinking though, as I can't believe they really left the children, especially when ill.

i know when they were younger i used walkie talkies for my kids - now use mobiles lol - they had a good range and it would have been simple enough to fix the button on one to send

i mean if for some reason that i really cannot think of i was going to leave a child then that is what i would do.

the thing is like you say there are so many muddy areas that just dont make sense - like leaving the kids in the first place

opinionswapper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:57 am

@opinionswapper wrote:please excuse me if i am miles behind but i have just had something new occur to me

isnt it (or wasnt it at the time) possible to get battery powered mobile baby monitors sort of like walkie talkies? or even walkie talkies themselves - that would have been effective at the range claimed?

i mean presumably they knew in advance they were going to be leaving the children (all of them) to eat and while planning checks wouldnt someone have thought of baby monitors?

dont know if this has been raised elsewhere - to me it is so obvious i have only just thought of it - not seeing wood for trees

You don't have to apologise if you are miles behind, any thought or info is valuable and it only takes one comment from someone fresh that can make everyone see things that we could't before. I think it odd (like so many things) that one couple has the baby monitors while nobody else in the group does, and even more so by not having them in this situation is leaving your kids totally exposed on their own in an unlocked apartment and where you can't see them. It doesn't sit right that any normal parent would ever do this and at the very least they'd get a baby monitor for their child too if their friends have one. Plus they had free babysitting service from mark warner who were famous amongst doctors for this service and why many doctors go on mark warners holidays, why didn't the mccanns use this either?

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:44 am

opinionswopper

I agree with you it does not ring true. One can only presume that they did leave all the children together in one room/apartment with one adult supervising and the monitor was used to keep in contact should anything occur. So in reality, they only needed one monitor.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mexx on Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:48 am

I always wondered about the lack of a monitor. Even if they hadn't "foreseen" that they would be leaving the children to go out to wine and dine, they should still have foreseen the need for one during the night in the apartment, to hear if any of the kids woke and/or cried.

mexx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:03 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:22 am

@Angelique wrote:opinionswopper

I agree with you it does not ring true. One can only presume that they did leave all the children together in one room/apartment with one adult supervising and the monitor was used to keep in contact should anything occur. So in reality, they only needed one monitor.

Yes Angelique, I agree. That is exactly why I think they only took just the one monitor. It was to let each other know when they needed to change food shifts, or a particular child had a problem. I also think that it was the Payne's who had the monitor, because they knew the plan was to look after all the children in their place, which is why Dianne Webster went on that holiday as back up support and why she allegedly slept in the living room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Stella wrote:
@Angelique wrote:opinionswopper

Yes Angelique, I agree. That is exactly why I think they only took just the one monitor. It was to let each other know when they needed to change food shifts, or a particular child had a problem. I also think that it was the Payne's who had the monitor, because they knew the plan was to look after all the children in their place, which is why Dianne Webster went on that holiday as back up support and why she allegedly slept in the living room.

I also agree. Especially after reading Rachel Oldfield's rogatory interview where she tells of the pre-planning of the 'baby listening' arrangements prior to the holiday and how David Payne arranged it all.

RO: "Reply “Then, and the thing that we did realise at this time of this
email erm, is that there was no erm sort of baby listening, which is
what we had done it at other Mark WARNER resorts, where the nannies go
round and listen every fifteen minutes at the door, erm but because it
was a village and not sort of all in a compound, they didn’t do that, so
you know that meant we either had to be, we either had to take the kids
with us to dinner, or erm you know, find some way of sort of doing baby
listening ourselves, erm and that was partly why we requested you know
us all to have the apartments all together”.

1578 “And who requested that”?

RO: Reply
“Well I think, I mean it was, I think it was Dave or, or and there were
various emails between Dave and Matt and Russell, I wasn’t, I never
seemed to be on the email so erm but I think yeah when it, when we
realised there was no baby listening and that you know, potentially we
could all be spread all over the place, erm we asked if they could make
sure that we’d be together, erm and we were actually so, all the
apartments were close”.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic43.html

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionswapper on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Jean wrote:There's a brief topic which is relevant here. http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3295-baby-minding-club?highlight=baby+monitors

yes i see what you mean from that link

opinionswapper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum