The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 Mm11

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 Mm11

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 Regist10

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter

Post by Guest 04.11.11 11:04

PeterMac wrote:Have the McCanns ever actually WON a case ?
They eventually lost against Snr Amaral.
Let us not forget that all the libel payments were made outside court. The full arguments were never heard.
They may of course try to settle out of court, but it may be in Pat's interest to refuse, and to force the issue.

Spot on !! this is what everyone has been waiting for and maybe why Carter Ruck stopped viewing about a week ago. Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 50899
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter

Post by puzzled 04.11.11 11:09

This is great news!

I assume the case will be in the American courts, where the McCanns' position will be a lot more difficult than in a UK one.

I also agree that she shouldn't accept an out-of -court settlement.
puzzled

Activity : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 04.11.11 11:15

I believe Criminal Profiler, Pat Brown's sincere interest in finding out what really happened to poor Madeleine, and her hands on approach to the search, will be of grave concern to those behind this (so called) review. Especially since she is heading out to Portugal in the near future!

Go Pat! Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 259100
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 11:24

Carter Ruck in the UK tried to silence Pat, but she is heading out to Portugal for the trial. Have I got that right? Why Portugal, why not the UK? Or does she know something we don't about the case being reopened then??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 11:33

Stella, she did tweet some time ago she was putting a team together to go to Portugal, and she would be meeting Mr Amaral.

candyfloss wrote:vivienmiss Miss Vivien
@ @ProfilerPatB Pat when u go to Portugal,is it possible you could talk with Goncalo Amaral?Just a thought.
4 hours ago

ProfilerPatB PAT BROWN
@ @vivienmiss Of course I would! I am working on the plans.
3 hours ago
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 04.11.11 11:34

puzzled wrote:This is great news!

I assume the case will be in the American courts, where the McCanns' position will be a lot more difficult than in a UK one.

I also agree that she shouldn't accept an out-of -court settlement.

Yes, puzzled, I would think it would be an American court - televised would be too much to hope for (are these purely for criminal trials?)
Just as an aside, I have always wished to see Kate and Gerry in front of Judge Judy (Shiedlin?). Unless leant on, she'd rip their 'abduction by stranger' story to shreds in a matter of minutes. That lady suffers no fools! Is she actually a Judge, does anyone know?

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 11:37

Yes, I remember that Candyfloss. But she is referring to a legal case in Portugal next Feb. Both CR and the McCann's do not come under that legal jurisdiction, so I'm a tad confused I have to say. Very excited all the same. Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 11:39

Stella wrote:Yes, I remember that Candyfloss. But she is referring to a legal case in Portugal next Feb. Both CR and the McCann's do not come under that legal jurisdiction, so I'm a tad confused I have to say. Very excited all the same. Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 110921

The legal case is the libel trial concerning Mr Amaral and the McCanns so I think it does come under Portugal's jurisdiction.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by onthefence 04.11.11 11:41

Pat is suing the McCanns for libel and tortious interference with business. What business does she mean?
onthefence
onthefence

Activity : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 11:50

candyfloss wrote:
Stella wrote:Yes, I remember that Candyfloss. But she is referring to a legal case in Portugal next Feb. Both CR and the McCann's do not come under that legal jurisdiction, so I'm a tad confused I have to say. Very excited all the same. Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 110921

The legal case is the libel trial concerning Mr Amaral and the McCanns so I think it does come under Portugal's jurisdiction.

Yes, that would, but I thought this was all about Pat suing the McCann's ?? See I told you I was confused.Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 11:53

uppatoffee wrote:"McCann/Carter-Rucking of my book update: Attorney #AnneBremner will be representing me in upcoming legal suit #MadeleineMcCann"

"Legal suit is against the McCanns for libel and tortious interference with business."

This sounds like a completely seperate issue to me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 04.11.11 11:53

onthefence wrote:Pat is suing the McCanns for libel and tortious interference with business. What business does she mean?

Stopping the sale of her book on Amazon. The mccanns via carter ruck did not inform her they were intending on doing this beforehand nor did they give any specific reason as to what they were objecting about. The mccanns via carter ruck just decided to contact Amazon behind her back so to speak, and said enough to scare Amazon to the hills and stopped selling her book. There was no court case nor did they give Pat a chance to defend herself before they went to Amazon which is totally wrong

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 11:57

That's right jd. Loss of business as a US based citizen, should surely mean going to court in the US where her loss of earnings is first recognized and where she made an arrangement with Amazon, or in the UK where the action first commenced. i.e., on Carter Ruck's door step.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by onthefence 04.11.11 12:00

jd wrote:
onthefence wrote:Pat is suing the McCanns for libel and tortious interference with business. What business does she mean?

Stopping the sale of her book on Amazon. The mccanns via carter ruck did not inform her they were intending on doing this beforehand nor did they give any specific reason as to what they were objecting about. The mccanns via carter ruck just decided to contact Amazon behind her back so to speak, and said enough to scare Amazon to the hills and stopped selling her book. There was no court case nor did they give Pat a chance to defend herself before they went to Amazon which is totally wrong

Thank you for that. So Pat is admitting she wrote the Madeleine profile for money then because although Amazon stopped selling it she did manage to get it sold in other places.
onthefence
onthefence

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 12:07

onthefence wrote:So Pat is admitting she wrote the Madeleine profile for money then because although Amazon stopped selling it she did manage to get it sold in other places.

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 921124 Here we go again. No the profile was not written just to make money. If it was, it would have been at the same price as the McCann's book, a gushing £20. Instead, Pat made it available for roughly £2 and is probably using that money to bring them to justice and good for her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by onthefence 04.11.11 12:09

Stella wrote:
onthefence wrote:So Pat is admitting she wrote the Madeleine profile for money then because although Amazon stopped selling it she did manage to get it sold in other places.

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 921124 Here we go again. No the profile was not written to make money. If it was, it would have been at the same price as the McCann's book, a gushing £20. Instead, Pat made it available for roughly £2 and is probably using that money to bring them to justice and good for her.

Maybe she should sue them for interfering with justice then rather than business as that implies they interfered with her ability to make money.
onthefence
onthefence

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 04.11.11 12:11

onthefence wrote:

Thank you for that. So Pat is admitting she wrote the Madeleine profile for money then because although Amazon stopped selling it she did manage to get it sold in other places.[/quote]

of course she wrote for money, this her livelihood and what she does for a living. She is a criminal profiler! This does not mean she doesn't care about the subject she is writing about or is not interested, and not all jobs in the world are jobs we hate doing. I'd love to be a pop star and get paid just for singing to everyone, I'd do the same if someone decided to scare Amazon to stop selling my album for no just reason and not to even tell me. This is not how it works in life otherwise everyone will be doing it and they'd be utter chaos! Plus they re libelling her with no reason to why, you can't do this. Look at the extreme efforts the mccanns have gone to anyone who dispels their story

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 12:16

Pat tweeted this earlier this year..............

candyfloss wrote:
ProfilerPatB PAT BROWN
BTW, some think I am giving 50% of my book sales to the #McCann fund.This is absolutely not true & crazy to boot! It is MY search fund.

ProfilerPatB PAT BROWN
Like I am going to give the McCanns money to pay their lawyers to ban my book? #McCann
5 minutes ago »

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 12:17

onthefence wrote:
Stella wrote:

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 921124 Here we go again. No the profile was not written to make money. If it was, it would have been at the same price as the McCann's book, a gushing £20. Instead, Pat made it available for roughly £2 and is probably using that money to bring them to justice and good for her.

Maybe she should sue them for interfering with justice then rather than business as that implies they interfered with her ability to make money.

It does nothing of the sort. She writes about criminals, they tried to stop her and it's as simple as that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 12:23

Pat Brown twitter just 11 hours ago......

ProfilerPatBPAT BROWN

A bank account with monies from the book has been established to fund the search which begins in Feb in Portugal. #MadeleineMccann

11 hours ago
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 Empty I...I say boy, someones put a cat amongst those pigeons, cat you hear!!

Post by The Rooster 04.11.11 12:25

Cock-a-doodle-do

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 04.11.11 12:34

candyfloss wrote:Pat Brown twitter just 11 hours ago......

ProfilerPatBPAT BROWN

A bank account with monies from the book has been established to fund the search which begins in Feb in Portugal. #MadeleineMccann

11 hours ago

Candyfloss do you know where I might find this, I don't do twitter.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 12:37

[quote]

I...I say boy, someones put a cat amongst those pigeons, cat you hear!!
The Rooster Today at 12:25 pm

.Cock-a-doodle-do [end quote]

laugh yes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 12:39

Nina wrote:

ProfilerPatBPAT BROWN

11 hours ago

Here Nina on this link, it's about the 5th tweet down...............

http://twitter.com/#!/ProfilerPatB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 04.11.11 13:18

candyfloss wrote:
Nina wrote:

ProfilerPatBPAT BROWN

11 hours ago

Here Nina on this link, it's about the 5th tweet down...............

[url=http://twitter.com/#!/ProfilerPatB
http://twitter.com/#!/ProfilerPatB[/quote[/url]]

Thanks for the link Candyfloss have been trying but cannot get to the donate part, Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 1352742446 Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 82678 says it is busy. Goodoh hope that is with supporters Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 609562 Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter - Page 2 50899

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top