The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter Mm11

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter Mm11

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter Regist10

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter Empty Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter

Post by uppatoffee 04.11.11 0:20

Pat Brown has posted the following on Twitter tonight

"Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann update: I'll be in Portugal in Feb for trial &search"

"McCann/Carter-Rucking of my book update: Attorney #AnneBremner will be representing me in upcoming legal suit #MadeleineMcCann"

"Legal suit is against the McCanns for libel and tortious interference with business."

Go Pat!

uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter Empty Pat Brown has been Carter Rucked

Post by maebee 04.11.11 0:23

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=581104318

Pat Brown
McCann/Carter-Rucking of my book update: Attorney #AnneBremner will be representing me in upcoming legal suit.

No better woman than Pat to have in a courtroom with the McScams.

maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter Empty Re: Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter

Post by uppatoffee 04.11.11 0:35

She follows it up with

"It is a Freedom of Speech issue: we cannot live in a world where no questions cannot be asked or varying opinions voiced. #MadeleineMcCann"

Should be interesting to watch the case - although doubt the British Press will report on it.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter Empty Re: Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter

Post by jd 04.11.11 1:47

Well done Pat this is great news. We are all right behind you and supporting you.

"It is a Freedom of Speech issue: we cannot live in a world where no questions cannot be asked or varying opinions voiced."...Exactly and what our governments love to bleat to foreign countries about before bombing them

In your book I lost count the number of times you said it was only a theory, and a theory based on the McCanns version of events...hardly slander or anything near to this, its called freedom of speech where questions can be asked

"Legal suit is against the McCanns for libel and tortious interference with business.".....Superb and so damn right

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.11.11 7:15

Presumably Pat has filed her litigation against mccanns in the US of A.
The mccanns has scored their own goal; never in their wildest dream did they expect to beget a doze of their own medicine I reckon. They believed they could silence everyone, including even a crime profiler, but they believed wrongly. Would this be a case of shoddy advice from CR or they simply didn't heed advice?

Pat Brown never ever said the mccanns killed their daughter,or that they were involved, or anything to that effect.
Her opinion was that evidence points to 'no abduction' hence by inference investigators were right to look inwards.
Naturally, a Crime Profiler uses available information to study cases, at the same time they also study behaviours, and the mccanns didn't do themselves any favours with their bizarre behaviour.

kate better pray that CR will continue to do a vast amount of work for them, without payment, quietly, and behind the scences or her 'fighting fund' might not be sufficient for CR bills if she has to pay for this. If however her usual mysterious benevolent benefactor is picking up CR bills for this as well, then kate had better be more than mentally prepared to face compensation pay out to Pat Brown and also Amaral. Well she started the 'fighting fund' for a purpose and got more on her plates than she hoped for, all thanks to her own vindictive doing.

Of the quiet aspect of CR works for them, kate'd better hoped this aspect remains unchanged, and that the press and media are toeing their line as well, otherwise if the UK public gets to hear that the mccanns used CR as a legal mean to impede Pat's freedom of expression as a Crime Profiler, which in turn brought about this boomerang litigation against them, then whatever tiny weeny bits of their credibility left will dissipate further.

If anyone is hoping Pat Brown will serve mccanns another doze of their own medicine by applying to freeze the mccanns' assets like they did to Amaral, personally I think that is not going to happen - at least not pre-trial or pre-verdict anyway. Post verdict who knows.

I don't believe Pat (or anyone else for that matter) will stoop to mccanns' level to freeze 'defendent's' assets while awaiting hearings, because historically no one involved in libel cases has ever done that, not as far as I know anyway. The mccanns are historically first in that, as they are historically first in nearly everything involving a missing child. Another example of their historic first is their 'fighting fund' set up at lightning speed. Their 'historical first feat' is legendary that they would easily qualify in the" guinness world record book " as champion achievers (not in a good way) of historical first in every aspect involving a missing child. What's betting they are proud of that too, because they show absolutely no sign of abating - they are PERSONALLY travelling to as many countries as they possibly can to promote their bewk - another historical first I believe.

It's interesting to note that Pat Brown will be attending the mccanns vs Amaral trial in Portugal in Feb. She'll use the trip to search for Maddie which leaves one wondering how she intends to go about that. She did say that certain percent of the book's profit will be set aside for this purpose (search) so is it to be hoped that she will offer herself as witness for Amaral if necessary; crime profiler working with police is common trait after all.

America is big on freedom of speech and their citizens are guaranteed that regardless as provisioned by their Constitution. So winning the libel against mccanns is a sure factor one would imagine. Moreover, when mccanns went for Pat, they went beyond attacking her as an individual, they were in fact threatening the Vocation of Professional Crime Profiler. Can anyone see the law of any country allowing criminals or suspects to forbid Crime Profiler from doing their job; or in this instance, to suppress the opinions of Crime Profiler.

Does any know how a win verdict in USA can be enforced against UK citizens in the UK?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 04.11.11 8:14

Good for her!

What's the betting that the McCanns try to settle out of court, with a confidentiality clause, so that it never gets reported in the British press?
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 04.11.11 8:36

Miraflores wrote:Good for her!

What's the betting that the McCanns try to settle out of court, with a confidentiality clause, so that it never gets reported in the British press?

Good morning Mira Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter 2859867778

I'm not sure the gruesome twosome are the slightest bit worried about the British press reporting accurately where they are concerned. Let's face it, they haven't written anything that comes close to the facts thus far.... so why start now!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 04.11.11 8:51

I think the mccanns will be very worried they will lose this, and lets face it "tortious interference with business'....They don't have much chance of defending this as this is exactly what they have done. There was never a court case to enforce what they did through carter ruck, infact I don't think they ever said exactly what it was that they were objecting to, and just used the reputation of carter ruck with broad strokes accusations to scare Amazon with no actual facts or foundations to back it up

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 04.11.11 8:57

Maybe Pat should sue Carter Ruck too jd. Surely CR should have known what they did was wrong.

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.11.11 9:00

Have the McCanns ever actually WON a case ?
They eventually lost against Snr Amaral.
Let us not forget that all the libel payments were made outside court. The full arguments were never heard.
They may of course try to settle out of court, but it may be in Pat's interest to refuse, and to force the issue.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.11.11 9:01

Miraflores wrote:Good for her!

Personally, if anyone asks me, I doubt Pat would agree to settle out of court, especially since the mccanns used an underhanded way by going behind her back to ban her book without first warning her. They got CR to issue threatening letter to Amazon and Pat learned of the ban probably third hand after everyone else heard about it. If it comes to an out of court I am sure Pat would want a public apology from the mccanns in the USA and UK press. Just my opinion of course.

They inconvenienced Pat in more than one way because Pat has to incur legal cost to get the issue addressed when they could have written to Pat to ask her to consider withdrawing the book first ie a warning b/f the ban, but no, typical of them, they used underhanded tactics like they did with Amaral.
Pat has got herself a superduper lawyer named Anne Bremner...so way to go.... and good of Pat for standing up to those bullying bastards.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 04.11.11 9:02

jd wrote:I think the mccanns will be very worried they will lose this, and lets face it "tortious interference with business'....They don't have much chance of defending this as this is exactly what they have done. There was never a court case to enforce what they did through carter ruck, infact I don't think they ever said exactly what it was that they were objecting to, and just used the reputation of carter ruck with broad strokes accusations to scare Amazon with no actual facts or foundations to back it up

I agree jd Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter 3711883763 I believe their days of muzzling all and sundry with publicly donated monies they claimed where for the (cough) search.... are well and truly over.
I would like to wish the very best of luck to Pat BrownPat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter 444319 We are rooting for you and Goncalo Amaral and Tony Bennett, you are all very courageous people Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter 725573. I sincerely hope that justice will prevail against the McCanns and their exorbitantly priced team of truth suppressors!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 04.11.11 9:02

PeterMac wrote:They may of course try to settle out of court, but it may be in Pat's interest to refuse, and to force the issue.

I absolutely agree with that PeterMac. I think Pat MUST get them into court or they will continue to do this for years to come. Pat has the ability to stop this scam now.

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 04.11.11 9:10

Given that the McCann's have tried to shut her up, I cannot see Pat going quietly. She clearly feels that there is something wrong with the McCann's version of events, having gone through all the possible permutations in her profile. I cannot see an out of court settlement happening. She is not doing it for the money, she's doing it because she believes they are lying. I hope that she wins.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Back to top Go down

Post by dannybohy 04.11.11 9:19

Let me start by saying I bought Pat Browns McCann booklet and I very much admire her for what she is doing. However it must be noted that her theories are nothing new, its nothing not already covered by Amaral and hundreds of armchair sleuths since the days of the Mirror Forum back in 2007 and the 3a`s!. The big difference here is `Action`, if she does indeed keep to her word, its her profile (which may not mean much once she leaves the US mind you?)which might make the difference and get the other side of the story out to the UK!. She is very brave and to be admired! I for one will be happy to donate to her cause! It’s the least I can do and I hope you guys actually do donate too! Action speaks loader and all that!. I wish I could be in Portugal to support them both, I wish we could all arrive by the Coach load!.
dannybohy

Activity : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 04.11.11 9:27

ufercoffy wrote:Maybe Pat should sue Carter Ruck too jd. Surely CR should have known what they did was wrong.

One can hope that she will go for carter ruck too

I do think it is obvious that the mccanns will try to settle out of court with a super injunction so nobody will ever know. I do hope Pat will not be interested in this as she is in an important position now in this scam of getting what has been happening right out into the open to all the public to see, who have no idea of what these people have been doing. This is more than just about the mccanns, so many people/companies use the same libel tactics and are trying take away our freedom of speech through libel accusations to scare people into submission who are in no position to be able to afford to defend themselves, so this is important in itself to wake the public up to the facts. Go Pat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 04.11.11 9:46

dannybohy wrote:Let me start by saying I bought Pat Browns McCann booklet and I very much admire her for what she is doing. However it must be noted that her theories are nothing new, its nothing not already covered by Amaral and hundreds of armchair sleuths since the days of the Mirror Forum back in 2007 and the 3a`s!. The big difference here is `Action`, if she does indeed keep to her word, its her profile (which may not mean much once she leaves the US mind you?)which might make the difference and get the other side of the story out to the UK!. She is very brave and to be admired! I for one will be happy to donate to her cause! It’s the least I can do and I hope you guys actually do donate too! Action speaks loader and all that!. I wish I could be in Portugal to support them both, I wish we could all arrive by the Coach load!.

Hi Dannybohy and Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter 887656 . I don't twitter, and ask is there a donate button anywhere for donations. I am also planning to go to Portugal in february just as soon as I know the date and venue is firmly fixed as there are of course flights and the like to be booked.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter Empty The playground

Post by Guest 04.11.11 10:04

There comes a day where the bully gets overpowered in the playground. Well done Pat, I don't think the McCann's can edit undo their way out of this one.

Here is hoping that Madeleine McCann, Pat Brown, Goncalo Amaral and Tony Bennett, the people of Praia De Luz will finally get the justice that they deserve.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 04.11.11 10:12

This is excellent news. Regardless of notions about Pat's credentials she produced a very valuable work that needs studying.

I don't know what really happened to Madeleine - I strongly suspect that her parents and their friends may well know. Certainly their stories are full of holes and naturally anyone should be able to freely question the spurious stories put out by their camp.

If the McCann's spent more time actively looking for Madeleine rather than wild goose chases by dubious private detectives and spent less time bleating about anyone that dares to question them I would have more sympathy. As it stands they only draw more and more suspicion upon themselves and this kind of thing is the natural result.
nomendelta

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown update for those who don't use Twitter Empty I'm with you, Pat!

Post by rainbow-fairy 04.11.11 10:20

Just wanted to reiterate what other posters have said.
I fully support Pat Brown in her action, grrr its about time somebody played the gruesome twosome at their own game. I also fully expect the aforementioned twosome will try to settle this very quietly out of court. However, I'd be VERY surprised if Pat agreed to this, I really don't believe the money is her first consideration, after all if it was she'dve charged more for her Profile! I think, like us, she is truly sickened by the way they try to gag anyone intelligent enough to realise their abduction yarn is nonsense - poorly plotted and even more poorly acted out. No, Americans take their constitutional right to freedom of speech very seriously, so I can't imagine any American taking kindly to what they have tried to do. Shot in the foot sounds likely - I don't think they will win 'hearts and minds' in USA now, no way.
I'm pretty sure Pat will take this all the way, AND win! This could prove to be the McCann's final desperate act to hide their guilt which could very likely have the opposite effect and blow the whole thing sky-high, along with Snr Amaral... *fingers firmly crossed*
There has been much Internet talk of 2012 being the end of the world - it could prove to be the end of the McCanns'... *toes also crossed now* Wink

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 04.11.11 10:21

nomendelta wrote:Certainly their stories are full of holes and naturally anyone should be able to freely question the spurious stories put out by their camp.

Especially when they are constantly begging for money and then using it for mortgage payments and libel lawyer fees and NOT on the search that the money was originally donated to them for. shame on you

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.11.11 10:22

I'll second jd that Pat shouldnt agree to out of court settlement. She should force the mccanns into court and put to bed their libellous contention once and for all so that they no longer can sue all and sundry just because they didn't like what they read.

As for CR, Pat should explore whether she can report him to the law society for aiding (if not abetting) their client into silencing her, hence interfering with her business, without proper prior notification to her. If their client has a libel contention issue with her surely she must be informed first as to what their client intends to do. An underhanded way via her book seller is surely unethical.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.11.11 10:24

nomendelta wrote:This is excellent news. Regardless of notions about Pat's credentials she produced a very valuable work that needs studying.

I don't know what really happened to Madeleine - I strongly suspect that her parents and their friends may well know. Certainly their stories are full of holes and naturally anyone should be able to freely question the spurious stories put out by their camp.

If the McCann's spent more time actively looking for Madeleine rather than wild goose chases by dubious private detectives and spent less time bleating about anyone that dares to question them I would have more sympathy. As it stands they only draw more and more suspicion upon themselves and this kind of thing is the natural result.

so well said.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 04.11.11 10:26

rainbow-fairy wrote:I'm pretty sure Pat will take this all the way, AND win! This could prove to be the McCann's final desperate act to hide their guilt which could very likely have the opposite effect and blow the whole thing sky-high, along with Snr Amaral... *fingers firmly crossed*
There has been much Internet talk of 2012 being the end of the world - it could prove to be the end of the McCanns'... *toes also crossed now* Wink

Pat, of course, may also have wealthy financial backers for this important case as she appears on TV a lot. I can imagine a lot of Americans being on her side. Please Pat, get this into court and do not back down with an out of court settlement. Do this for Freedom of Speech, do this for your reputation but above all do this for Maddie whose case should be heard in a criminal court not a libel court. If you win this then maybe this case will also finally get into a criminal court and Maddie will get the justice her parents don't want her to have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.11 10:42

Ah Karma Mrs Good for Pat. What you sow is what you reap. shame on you The McCanns are now finally going to get a dose of their own medicine. Didn't Mr Amaral consider suing them also?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top