The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

JIMMY SAVILE plus Many others involved in the abuse scandal

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: JIMMY SAVILE plus Many others involved in the abuse scandal

Post by ShuBob on 01.10.12 16:09

The McCanns and their friends are still very much alive. What is Mark Williams-Thomas going to do to bring an end to the travesty that is the "Maddie" scandal?

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.10.12 16:17

I just don't get this at all, al these celebrities coming out of the woodwork now knowing what he was doing??? WTF why didn't they report all this to the Police.........

Paul Gambaccini claims Sir Jimmy Savile used charity work to prevent sexual abuse of schoolchildren being exposed

Speaking ahead of a documentary that claims Savile abused schoolgirls, Gambaccini said his former Radio 1 colleague played tabloid newspapers 'like a Stradivarius' in order to keep the abuse secret

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/paul-gambaccini-claims-sir-jimmy-savile-used-charity-work-to-prevent-sexual-abuse-of-schoolchildren-being-exposed-8191761.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 01.10.12 16:20

Candyfloss wrote:

It begs the question why on earth didn't she speak out about this. Perhaps she did and it was hushed up.

I suspect in years to come, people will be asking the same question in relation to the McCanns and their friends until evidence like the Gaspars' statements come to light. To this day, I cannot find an innocent explanation as to why those statements were withheld for 5 months from the PJ.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.10.12 16:26

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9578870/Jimmy-Savile-interviewed-under-caution-over-indecent-assault-allegation.html

Sir Jimmy Savile was interviewed under caution by police investigating an allegation of indecent assault at a children’s home in the 1970s.
The late TV presenter was questioned in 2007 about the alleged abuse at the now-closed Duncroft Approved School for Girls near Staines, Surrey, where he was a regular visitor.
However, the Crown Prosecution Service advised that there was insufficient evidence to take any further action, and no charges were ever brought.
New details about the police investigation came to light ahead of the broadcast of an ITV documentary which accuses Sir Jimmy, the star of Jim'll Fix It, of molesting young girls and raping a teenager at the height of his fame.

A Surrey Police spokesman said: “In 2007 Surrey Police received an historic allegation of indecent assault which is alleged to have occurred at a children’s home in Staines during the 1970s. The allegation was investigated and an individual was interviewed under caution.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.10.12 16:35

@PeterMac wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9578870/Jimmy-Savile-interviewed-under-caution-over-indecent-assault-allegation.html

Sir Jimmy Savile was interviewed under caution by police investigating an allegation of indecent assault at a children’s home in the 1970s.
The late TV presenter was questioned in 2007 about the alleged abuse at the now-closed Duncroft Approved School for Girls near Staines, Surrey, where he was a regular visitor.
However, the Crown Prosecution Service advised that there was insufficient evidence to take any further action, and no charges were ever brought.
New details about the police investigation came to light ahead of the broadcast of an ITV documentary which accuses Sir Jimmy, the star of Jim'll Fix It, of molesting young girls and raping a teenager at the height of his fame.

A Surrey Police spokesman said: “In 2007 Surrey Police received an historic allegation of indecent assault which is alleged to have occurred at a children’s home in Staines during the 1970s. The allegation was investigated and an individual was interviewed under caution.

Well according to Paul Gambaccini he threatened the tabloids with charity donations drying up to Stoke mandeville hospital and other places, if they printed the abuse story about him, so maybe did the same with the police? It's awful using sick and dying kids as a way to stop this. If indeed it is true what Paul Gambaccini has said.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.10.12 16:37

candyfloss wrote:

It begs the question why on earth didn't she speak out about this. Perhaps she did and it was hushed up. Also a bit odd how Esther Rantzen in this video is looking down all the time, never looks up hardly at all.

Maybe Esther Rantzen couldnt raise her head and look straight into the camera because she was so ashamed of BBC, and truly disgusted with herself for not doing anything for the victims then.
Those in the know in BBC and did nothing back then should hang their head in shame.
BBC was not clueless but ballless and this happened on BBC premises as well!

She did say that in a way BBC was colluding with JS when they turned a blind eye.
They were condoning his atrocious behavior to the detriment of the young girls.
JS was an ugly creep through and through.
He made people's skin crawl yet got away with serially abusing young girls just because his reputation precedes him.
What the Maths teacher did pale in comparison, and the press and media gave him mccann-stye coverage.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.10.12 16:55

Comments from various people on ITV news website.............................

37 minutes ago
Louis Theroux: 'Disturbing nature of Savile's sex abuse is that bosses may have known'

Louis Theroux, who made a BBC documentary in which he attempted to find out more about Sir Jimmy's personal life, said his "thoughts are with the victims".

In a message posted online, Theroux said:

"So the rumours seem to have been in some degree validated. I haven't seen ITV's expose on Jimmy Savile yet, but from what I understand there are a number of credible accounts from underaged teenage girls of Jimmy abusing his position of trust and celebrity to procure sexual favours.

"What is especially disturbing is the nature of the alleged abuse - the fact that it apparently took place repeatedly, in the workplace and at a school he was visiting, and that it may have been known to his bosses and co-workers. My thoughts are with the victims. I hope they find peace."

Jimmy Savile Charitable Trust concerned allegations will impact charities

Trustees of Sir Jimmy's charity said they feared the programme's allegations would have an adverse effect on their work.

In a statement, they said:

As the trustees of the Jimmy Savile Charitable Trust, we are saddened by any proposed television documentary which alleges that the late Sir Jimmy Savile committed acts of underage sexual abuse.

The publication of such grave allegations may affect the charitable trust, which supports so many good causes.
The Trust said the entertainer gave away 90% of his income to charities:

We are conscious of the dedication and effort that Sir Jimmy made throughout his lifetime to charity.

He raised more than £40 million for good causes, giving away 90% of his income.

The broadcast of such serious allegations, which by their very nature will be one-sided, may impact on the charitable trust and its endeavours.

Jimmy Savile 'was a cleaner than clean person', says close friend

Sir Jimmy Savile was "a cleaner than clean person" and he wouldn't have gone anywhere near anyone who was under-age, according to a close friend.

Howard Silverman told Daybreak: "Jimmy was actually quite a normal, ordinary guy."

"I was friends with him for a long time, probably 45 years, and none of this I would have guessed in a million years," he added.

Another BBC employee................

Former producer: Savile had a 'shocking reputation for young women'

Wilfred De'Ath, a former producer of Jimmy Savile's on the BBC radio show Teen Scene, has explained his experiences of the DJ's behaviour.

He said:

He had a reputation, he had a shocking reputation for young women, but it was all hearsay, I didn’t know whether to believe it or not.

So I turned up at the Lotus House, I think it was on a Friday evening and there he was sitting on a banquette with this very young girl, I would guess she was twelve if you’d ask me to guess.

I asked him where he’d found her, I said ‘where did you pick her up?’ And he said ‘Oh Top of the Pops’.

And I said, I remember saying ‘Is that your happy hunting ground?’ and he said ‘Yes’.
– Wilfred De'Ath

Jimmy Savile 'renowned for wanting the younger element'

Alan Leeke was reporter at a local newspaper in Manchester and a regular at the city’s Belle Vue Top Ten Club, where he says stories circulated about Jimmy Savile and teenage girls.

He also visited Savile’s homes, once for a prearranged interview, but found him otherwise engaged.

Speaking during the ITV Exposure documentary, he says:

He was renowned for always wanting the younger element.

We’d just been talking generally when a girl arrived.

She would be, she was a teenage girl, I couldn’t tell what age, but as soon as she arrived Savile took her off into what I assume was his bedroom and he was only in there 10 minutes when he came out on his own and proceeded without any bashfulness or anything, to wash himself off in the sink, which I thought was quite an unusual thing to do, but that was it.

And then this girl came in, joined us for 10 minutes and then, then I went off.
– Alan Leeke

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2012-09-30/jimmy-savile-sexual-abuse-claims/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 01.10.12 17:05

How can threatening charity donations ever be an excuse against reporting and/or investigating alleged child abuse? The person making the threats is sick but those pandering to the threats are just as sick.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Boiler room/tying up

Post by worriedmum on 01.10.12 17:23

Does anyone else find the Louis Theroux clip about people being tied up in the boiler room and JS describing himself as 'judge jury and executioner' as deeply disturbing especially in view of the Jersey mutterings?

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 01.10.12 17:37

@worriedmum wrote:Does anyone else find the Louis Theroux clip about people being tied up in the boiler room and JS describing himself as 'judge jury and executioner' as deeply disturbing especially in view of the Jersey mutterings?

Very much so. He was talking as if he had the right to do such things. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up, so to speak.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.10.12 18:04

As the trustees of the Jimmy Savile Charitable Trust, we are saddened by any proposed television documentary which alleges that the late Sir Jimmy Savile committed acts of underage sexual abuse.
The publication of such grave allegations may affect the charitable trust, which supports so many good causes.
So are they saying that the money coming in to the Charity will be affected.
That would be total rubbish.
The Charity holds £ 3,653,804 in investments, and last year received £ 123,000 income from it.
Other donations were insignificant. £ 430 in 2010, nothing at all in 2011
So why are they saying this ?
Did the trustees also know or suspect ?
Or are they frightened that there may be legal proceedings by victims against the funds they hold ?
Follow the money.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.10.12 18:50

Monday, 1 October 2012

Saville - Treasure or Trash?

I can't say I'm surprised that the Saville shit has finally hit the fan.

I'm sorry that his victims have had to wait for this moment in time to finally be taken seriously and believed. Women, whos lives have been likely destroyed by the perverted ways of a so called 'television icon'.

What makes it more apaulling are the number of apparent media dahlings jumping on today's bandwagon, who apparently knew for years that there was 'something sordid' going on.

In today's news, Esther Rantzen refers to there always being 'rumours' and 'gossip in the office'.

Paul Gambaccini says he's 'waited 30 years for the allegations to come out'. He also claimed that all the tabloids had pages set up, ready to reveal the sordid truth and that Saville used his charity work to prevent the abuse being exposed.

I'm sure the victim list will grow and I hope the upcoming expose encourages his victims to come forward and receive help.

I dread to think of the number of people who had an inkling of what was going on and turned a blind eye to it, despite children being involved. Public figures, celebrities and every editor/journalist of those tabloids who put newspaper sales above the safety of innocent children. These are the people who should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, and should hang their heads in shame. I don't know how they sleep at night. Their silence allowed this abuse to continue unchallenged.

A national treasure, looking more tainted by the day.

Saville pictured on the lawns of Haute de la Garenne,
the Jersey childrens home,
where he denied ever setting foot...

Posted by Me, Myself, Moi... at 17:19

http://thepottingshedder.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 02.10.12 12:23

Interesting that, as part of his protective screen, he got the Pope on board
Have we seen that anywhere else ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Savile accused of indecent assault at Haute de la Garenne in the '70's

Post by Cheshire Cat on 02.10.12 13:22

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2012/10/02/savile-accused-of-abuse-at-haut-de-la-garenne/

Savile accused of abuse at Haut de la Garenne

Tuesday 2nd October 2012, 12:24PM BST.

Sir Jimmy Savile at the Battle of Flowers in 2002
Tweet

SIR Jimmy Savile was accused of an indecent assault at Haut de la Garenne in the 1970s, according to the States police.

The allegation against the late television presenter and Radio 1 DJ was made during the police investigation into child abuse at the former children’s home.

The police say that the allegation was investigated but there was insufficient evidence to proceed.

No charges were brought and the information has only now been made public.

Sir Jimmy, who died in October last year aged 84, has been accused of sexually abusing underage girls in an ITV documentary to be aired tomorrow.

He was a regular visitor to Jersey between the 1960s and 2003.

• Full report in Wednesday’s Jersey Evening Post

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.12 13:25

@PeterMac wrote:Interesting that, as part of his protective screen, he got the Pope on board

I had to phone a friend as that was a toughie! I gather that the Vatican website soon whooshed the McCanns though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.12 15:18

Jean wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Interesting that, as part of his protective screen, he got the Pope on board

I had to phone a friend as that was a toughie! I gather that the Vatican website soon whooshed the McCanns though.
Yes they did. No mention of Madeleine anymore soon after.
I've heard that the Vatican's intelligence service is even better than the Mossad ....

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 02.10.12 17:10

Châtelaine wrote:. . .
I've heard that the Vatican's intelligence service is even better than the Mossad ....
Direct line to an omniscient being ? Can't get better than knowing everything.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pensioner on 02.10.12 17:31

In 1972 two MPs asked for public inquiry into child deaths at a care home "The Beeches" Ixworth Suffolk.

The children there were handicapped and placed in private care home by Hackney Social Services.

From Dec 71 to April 72 three children died in 3 separate incidents.

Only one of these 3 received an inquest. The other two were certified dead without the Coroner calling an inquest.

The MPs, O Halloran and Clinton Davies, were questioning child deaths there from 66 to 72. Not just the three in four months. All certified as dying from natural causes .....

Minister Sir Keith Joseph refused an inquiry.

In the 90s Hackney called in the Head of Cambridge Social Services to carry out a retrospective inquiry into social workers employed by Hackney since the 60s.

He was told that the Beeches child deaths were "Not germaine to your inquiry". And he meekly obeyed and did not look.

Stage 2 of the Harold Shipman Inquiry was about finding better ways to register deaths to detect sinister trends. Yet they were told that the Beeches deaths and death registrations by charities like Leonard Cheshire and Sue Ryder were "Beyond their terms of reference".

Why had the Bury St Edmunds Coroner no overview of what ever may have been occurring at the Beeches. Because the officiating Coroner is where death is pronounced. IE Wherever the sick or dying/dead child is transported.

What I was advised was that charities who bear founder names have a copyright power to defend the reputation of the founder.

So far from listening to bleats about people only speaking out when he is dead and "Unable to defend himself" let his charities put up or shut up.

You may recall the Leonard Cheshire charity suggesting it drop his name from the charity title ............

Pensioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.12 18:48

I see after all their denials that they found nothing in their files, the BBC are now co-operating with and helping the police, story on link in tweet.............

BBC Breaking News‏@BBCBreaking

BBC "horrified" by "serious and disturbing" claims of sex abuse by late TV presenter Sir Jimmy Savile. More soon http://bbc.in/R9Zx8i

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.12 18:51

Presenter on Sky news has just said that the Metropolitan police are now involved, investigating rape allegations etc., called Operation Saphire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 10:08

Just to remind you this is on tonight.................

Exposure

ITV1

The Other Side of Jimmy Savile

Former detective Mark Williams-Thomas conducts an in-depth investigation into allegations that Sir Jimmy Savile sexually abused vulnerable teenage girls at the height of his fame. SUB

Factual Current Affairs
Today on ITV1 from 11:10pm to 12:05am

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.10.12 10:23

candyfloss wrote:Just to remind you this is on tonight.................

Exposure

ITV1

The Other Side of Jimmy Savile

Former detective Mark Williams-Thomas conducts an in-depth investigation into allegations that Sir Jimmy Savile sexually abused vulnerable teenage girls at the height of his fame. SUB

Factual Current Affairs
Today on ITV1 from 11:10pm to 12:05am

Thank you Candyfloss. For those on the forum living outside UK will this be available to them? I know when I lived abroad I couldn't watch UK tv online and I was unable to buy SKY to give me access to current UK television broadcasts. Do you know if there is a way for people abroad to access this programme?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 10:28

I will post a link to the ITV player after the programme has been shown, unless someone else does it first. I'm not sure if it will be available to view outside the U K - probably not - but I know that there is a way round that with the use of a proxy server which disguises your country of origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 10:40

I would think it will be on ITV player after it has aired probably in a day or two aquila. Last week's Exposure is on there. This is the link for finding the programme by date and time....

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/thirtydaycatchup/?year=2012&month=09&day=26

BBC still doing a 'Manual'........." I know nothing"

Former controller: Rumours of BBC cover up over Savile abuse claims are 'ludicrous'

Lord Michael Grade has told Channel 4 News that he heard rumours about Savile's alleged conduct while he was controller of BBC 1.

Asked why he did not act, he said:

People would cast aspersions in a general conversation - no one said: 'I know someone who has been attacked by an artist' - you'd immediately take action.

I never heard anything that gave me cause to think we should investigate or do anything about it.

There were questions, but the entertainment industry is awash on a sea of rumours. I wouldn't like anyone to get the idea that in the Seventies the people in authority in broadcasting were in any way permissive, or turned a blind eye.
Lord Grade said he was "absolutely certain" that rumours of a BBC cover-up over Savile were "ludicrous".

Newsnight defends dropping Jimmy Savile abuse story

Peter Rippon, Editor of BBC's Newsnight has said the decision not to run a story on Sir Jimmy Savile's sexual abuse claims were 'editorial'.

In a statement on the BBC website Mr Rippon says:

It has been suggested I was ordered to do it by my bosses as part of a BBC cover-up. It has also been suggested that we deliberately withheld information from the police. Both these allegations are totally untrue.
He goes on to explain the initial investigations the programme made in to the allegations and that they dropped the story when the Crown Prosecution Service confirmed that no action had been taken against Sir Jimmy "due to lack of evidence."

Finally Mr Rippon says:

Did my bosses order me to do anything? No. I did discuss it with my bosses in News in the same way I do any contentious story we are working on. I was told in the strongest terms that I must be guided by editorial considerations only and that I must not let any wider considerations about the BBC affect my judgement

BBC STATEMENT

BBC 'horrified' by Sir Jimmy Savile allegations

A number of serious and disturbing allegations have been made over the past few days about the sexual abuse of teenage girls by Jimmy Savile.

Some of these allegations relate to activity on BBC premises in the 1960s and 70s. We are horrified by allegations that anything of this sort could have happened at the BBC - or have been carried out by anyone working for the BBC.

They are allegations of a serious criminal nature which the police have the proper powers to investigate.

So we have today asked the BBC investigations unit to make direct contact with all the police forces in receipt of allegations and offer to help them investigate these matters and provide full support to any lines of inquiry they wish to pursue.
– BBC statement

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2012-09-30/jimmy-savile-sexual-abuse-claims/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 13:57

Jimmy Savile statue removed from Glasgow children’s swimming pool

A life-sized statue of Sir Jimmy Savile sat at Scotstoun Leisure Centre for 17 years

Published on Wednesday 3 October 2012 13:18

A STATUE of Sir Jimmy Savile has been taken away from its position near a Glasgow children’s swimming pool as police investigate allegations of child abuse involving the DJ and presenter.

A life-sized wooden carving of Savile has sat at Scotstoun Leisure Centre in Glasgow since the mid-1990s.

It was put there in honour of the charity campaigner’s participation in fun runs, marathons and charity dinners in the city.

However claims Savile sexually abused a string of teenage girls at the height of his fame, to be broadcast in an ITV documentary tonight, have prompted the council-owned trust which runs Glasgow’s leisure centres to remove it from public view, over fears it could offend parents using the pool with their children.

A spokesman for Glasgow Life said: “Given the current controversy and the seriousness of the allegations, we thought it appropriate to move the statue at this time.”

Despite sitting next to the children’s pool at Scotstoun since around 1995 the figure’s existence was not well known to the public.

It was recognisable when first installed by the large cigar it was holding, which was stolen more than a decade ago and most pool users are oblivious to who the statue represents.

Meanwhile, the BBC has said it will assist police with child abuse allegations involving Savile.

A spokesman for the BBC said: “A number of serious and disturbing allegations have been made over the past few days about the sexual abuse of teenage girls by Jimmy Savile.

“Some of these allegations relate to activity on BBC premises in the 1960s and 70s. We are horrified by allegations that anything of this sort could have happened at the BBC - or have been carried out by anyone working for the BBC.

“We have today asked the BBC investigations unit to make direct contact with all the police forces in receipt of allegations and offer to help them investigate these matters and provide full support to any lines of inquiry they wish to pursue.”

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/top-stories/jimmy-savile-statue-removed-from-glasgow-children-s-swimming-pool-1-2560525

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum