The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

JIMMY SAVILE plus Many others involved in the abuse scandal

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JIMMY SAVILE plus Many others involved in the abuse scandal

Post by Guest on 29.10.11 18:14

29 October 2011
Last updated at 17:35

Former DJ, TV presenter and charity fundraiser Sir Jimmy Savile has died, aged 84.

Savile, who was one of the most famous names on British TV and radio in the 1960s, 70s and 80s, died on Saturday.

Police said they were called to his home in Leeds, but that there was nothing suspicious about his death.

His family programme, Jim'll Fix It, drew in huge audiences and the programme received 20,000 letters a week at the height of its popularity.

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said officers were called to the house in Roundhay at 12:10 BST.

Details of how he died were not yet known, but he was recently in hospital with pneumonia.

Broadcaster Tony Blackburn said Sir Jimmy was embraced by everybody, and was "always just Jimmy Savile".

"He was just a complete one-off. I think he was a bit of a lonely character as well. In the privacy of his own life I don't think he had very many friends."

Tony Blackburn: "Jimmy Savile was a complete one-off"
He added: "I've never known anyone quite like him. He was a blunt speaking Northerner, but also kind and very respectful."

Presenter Dave Lee Travis told Sky News: "We are all going to be worse off without him around."

Prince Charles has also praised Sir Jimmy in a statement released by Clarence House: "The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are saddened to hear of Jimmy Savile's death and their thoughts are with his family at this time," it said.

Savile started out as a dance hall DJ in the 1950s, before making his name as a broadcaster on Radio Luxembourg.

He was one of the first DJs on BBC Radio 1 and launched Top of the Pops in 1964.

He also appeared on the music show's final edition in 2006.

Charity fundraiser

His TV persona included chunky gold jewellery, a huge cigar, his trademark snowy white hair and a number of catch-phrases which were frequently parodied by impressionists such as Mike Yarwood.

Born in Leeds, West Yorkshire, Savile was conscripted as a Bevin Boy, working in the coal mines during the war.

Away from broadcasting, he was noted for his charity work, running 200 marathons and raising £40m over the years.

Sir Jimmy Savile talks about how he came up with the idea of a disco
He was a volunteer at the hospital and ran more than 200 marathons for various charitable organisations.

Sir Jimmy raised £20m for the creation of the National Spinal Injuries Centre at Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, in 1983 after a storm damaged wooden huts which had housed spinal cord injury patients.

A spokeswoman for Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, which runs the hospital, said Sir Jimmy would be missed by staff and patients, adding: "He was tireless in his attempts to fundraise for the hospital and was integral in the creation of the National Spinal Injuries Centre that we have today."

Savile was knighted by the Queen in 1990 for his charity work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15507374

Back to top Go down

Re: JIMMY SAVILE plus Many others involved in the abuse scandal

Post by Fossilfuel on 29.10.11 18:31

Not good to speak ill of the dead I know but many have their suspicions about Jimmy Saville, myself included.

Fossilfuel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 29.10.11 18:41

I must admit that he made my flesh creep!

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossilfuel on 29.10.11 19:06

I was always very dubious after seeing a photograph of JS at Haut de la Garenne in Jersey and then suddenly it was woooshed away and he denied he had ever been there!!

Fossilfuel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly on 29.10.11 19:32

@Fossilfuel wrote:I was always very dubious after seeing a photograph of JS at Haut de la Garenne in Jersey and then suddenly it was woooshed away and he denied he had ever been there!!

Ive tried to upload photo but wont let me do it, no sure what im doing wrong but is it this one?

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=192559

bottom of page?

what with the morgue rumours and the ones about his dead mum

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 29.10.11 22:27

Very strange person. Did lots of good for charities.
But no one will be surprised if things starts to leak out over the next few months.
Almost as creepy as Cliff Richard. But at least he lives openly with his Roman Catholic Priest, so there is no story there any more.
And yes, I met him on several occasions.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cliff Richard

Post by Marian on 29.10.11 22:39

Is that true what you said about him PeterMac? Not that I'm bothered about what consenting adults choose to do but I've certainly never heard that Cliff lives with a priest - openly or otherwise!

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 30.10.11 7:37

@Marian wrote:Is that true what you said about him PeterMac? Not that I'm bothered about what consenting adults choose to do but I've certainly never heard that Cliff lives with a priest - openly or otherwise!
WIKI
Richard currently lives with a former Catholic priest, John McElynn, whom he met in 2001 while doing charity work in the United States;[29] McElynn has been described as Richard's property manager and looks after the properties whilst Richard is away. Richard describes McElynn as a close friend and companion, and Richard declines discussion about their relationship: "what business is it of anyone else’s what any of us are as individuals? I don’t think my fans would care either way." Asked about rumours in the media about his being homosexual, Richard has said: "I am sick to death of the media's speculation about it."
Richard has called on the Church of England to affirm people's commitment in same-sex marriage. In his autobiography he states that "... many of my friends are gay – let's face it, homosexuality has been legal for more than thirty years. For me, the commitment is what counts – and I'll leave the judging to God."

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.10.11 7:49

If you google Jimmy Savile and Haute de la Garenne, I'm sure you will see him in a completely different light.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 30.10.11 8:42

Thnaks for that PeterMac, I'm not as up-to-date with showbiz gossip as I thought!

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Former DJ, TV presenter and charity fundraiser Sir Jimmy Sav

Post by PeterMac on 30.10.11 9:05

@Marian wrote:Thanks for that PeterMac, I'm not as up-to-date with showbiz gossip as I thought!
Private Eye have the photos, and have done for decades. CR never said anything controversial or hypocritical, and so was left alone.
If only one could say the same about other people.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 30.10.11 13:38

Is this the photo you were referring to? I have no idea if that is Haute de la G, but it would seem odd to deny that you were in the photo.
There is a suggestion that the Sun is subject of an injunction preventing them from publishing this very photo.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 30.10.11 14:25

To be clear, as I understand it, Saville got the injunction on the grounds of not wanting associated with the Jersey childrens home scandal and wanted to distance himself from any association. He claimed he had visited the home in his celebrity capacity and had no knowledge of the scandal - and in fact when asked by tabloids if he had been at the home I think he denied it.

There are different ways to look at this to be honest - was he just being over-protective of his image? Was he hiding something darker? What is curious is that IF the former was the truth then his rather draconian actions made it look more like the latter.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 30.10.11 15:24

@nomendelta wrote:To be clear, as I understand it, Saville got the injunction on the grounds of not wanting associated with the Jersey childrens home scandal and wanted to distance himself from any association. He claimed he had visited the home in his celebrity capacity and had no knowledge of the scandal - and in fact when asked by tabloids if he had been at the home I think he denied it.
There are different ways to look at this to be honest - was he just being over-protective of his image? Was he hiding something darker? What is curious is that IF the former was the truth then his rather draconian actions made it look more like the latter.
This is often the way with denials.
A simple admission of the fact of having been there, once, to do Charitable work of a type with which he was associated in the mind of the public, would in no way of itself have linked him with anything darker.
But the fact of the denial, in the face of evidence clearly showing that he was lying, and then an injunction to prevent anyone presenting the evidence that he was a liar has remarkable similarities with the other case we are discussing on this forum.
As Clarkson said recently, ultimately an injunction is useless, and a total waste of money.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 30.10.11 16:46

Good article here about "Sir James" and his legal action against the Sun newspaper. Cleverly worded, there's no actual denial he was there. "A spokesman for the firm said: “He has no recollection of visiting the
home over 30 years ago and any such visit would have been unexceptional.
Connecting Sir James to events at the home has caused him severe
embarrassment and upset..."

http://www.thelawyer.com/jimmy-savile-turns-to-fox-hayes-for-action-against-the-sun/131780.article

I always found this PR stunt beyond weird. Jimmy Savile, Peter Sutcliffe (Yorkshire Ripper) & Frank Bruno meet in Broadmoor! What the chuff was all that about?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2270180.ece

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth on 30.10.11 18:11

I do not know of Jimmy Savile, but if he has visited a place many years ago, why deny it? Especially when there are photographs existing, that can prove he was in that place. Very strange.

Shibboleth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 30.10.11 18:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84u9WnylT60

He looks like a disgusting, foul-mouthed thug on this video.

His public persona was false like every other celebrity. Not one of his so called colleagues had a good word to say about him. They all became very evasive when describing what he was really like.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 30.10.11 18:37

I don't know about his colleagues not having a good word to say about him, Little Pixie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15507826

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 30.10.11 20:12

The ones I heard on the news last night all praised his much publicized charity work but didnt seem to have a clue as to what he was like when not performing (or they'd rather not say) I class his charity work as performing as in my opinion it was.
I used to work with people in the entertainment industry and Jimmy Savile reminded me of some of them - false. I think the link shows what a nasty piece of work he really was. Tying people up!!

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat on 30.10.11 20:39

@PeterMac wrote:Is this the photo you were referring to? I have no idea if that is Haute de la G, but it would seem odd to deny that you were in the photo.
There is a suggestion that the Sun is subject of an injunction preventing them from publishing this very photo.

That certainly looks like HDLG : the buildings are identical to a modern looking wing. However, I assume it was a fund raising event. I saw JS back in 1976 raising money on Guernsey.

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.10.11 22:56

I can still remember my mother saying to me as a child that Jimmy Savile really irritated her because he was always telling the world about all the good deeds he did, working for charities free of charge etc. He shouldn't have needed to go on about it, knowing he was helping others was surely sufficient.

It might sound trivial but the sight of him always with a disgusting foul-smelling cigar used to drive me up the wall. He obviously had no consideration for anyone around him having to breathe in polluted air. I am a bit biased there because, years ago long before the smoking ban, I had a boss who also smoked vile cigars and they really made me ill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 30.10.11 23:38

@Shibboleth wrote:I do not know of Jimmy Savile, but if he has visited a place many years ago, why deny it? Especially when there are photographs existing, that can prove he was in that place. Very strange.

To be honest Shibboleth, if you live outside the UK there's no reason you should know this chap. He had no particular talent, a bit of a non enitity imo. He was famed for his garish tracksuits, bling jewellery, moronic catchphrases, and he was supposedly, "The" original DJ! - lol... Oh, and of course, the main string to his bow - 'charity work' Like I said though, not really 'talented' at all. Saying all this, JS claims he was well connected (there's much evidence of this) to the political world and made out he was on good trustworthy terms with the royal family. Hmm...

Sir James wasn't just knighted by the Queen, he also holds 2 (I think?) Papal knighthoods. Not often ex coalminers reach that kind of status is it? I should know!

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 31.10.11 1:22

A bit more dirt on Jimmy Savile. Of course young Coleen Nolan could be lying? Got to make your own minds up I guess. Mine's already made; he was a filthy old tw*t! that got away with ******

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20081214/ai_n31133726/pg_2/?tag=content;col

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossilfuel on 31.10.11 1:54

@Daisy wrote:A bit more dirt on Jimmy Savile. Of course young Coleen Nolan could be lying? Got to make your own minds up I guess. Mine's already made; he was a filthy old tw*t! that got away with ******

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20081214/ai_n31133726/pg_2/?tag=content;col
I have seen this video, but I'm darned if I can find it anywhere online!
(Will keep looking.)

Thank you Dragonfly I[m sure that was the picture I saw previously, although I don't seem to recall the Jim 'll fix it badge.
Yes I've read some dreadful stuff about Mr. So-Vile, relating to the Jersey childrens home, corroboration with a deceased Tory Prime Minister in the procurement of young boys.
And as you mention Dragonfly visits to certain 'out of bounds' rooms in hospitals.
He had a lot to do with Broadmoor and apparently had his own suite there where he used to live on occasion.

~ John Grisham ~

Fossilfuel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 31.10.11 2:16

@Fossilfuel wrote:
@Daisy wrote:A bit more dirt on Jimmy Savile. Of course young Coleen Nolan could be lying? Got to make your own minds up I guess. Mine's already made; he was a filthy old tw*t! that got away with ******

I have seen this video, but I'm darned if I can find it anywhere online!
(Will keep looking.)

Thank you Dragonfly I[m sure that was the picture I saw previously, although I don't seem to recall the Jim 'll fix it badge.
Yes I've read some dreadful stuff about Mr. So-Vile, relating to the Jersey childrens home, corroboration with a deceased Tory Prime Minister in the procurement of young boys.
And as you mention Dragonfly visits to certain 'out of bounds' rooms in hospitals.
He had a lot to do with Broadmoor and apparently had his own suite there where he used to live on occasion.

With compliments: *around 3:25* nolans documentry - YouTube Like I said, make your own minds up.

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum