The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by Guest on 31.10.11 9:49

I rather doubt that the original poster Susan will rejoin the debate but I hope that she will at least read the replies here and realise that we are not all hate-filled nutters - she really needs to read the pro sites for those!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 31.10.11 17:27

I do not hate the Mccanns, I find them endlessly fascinating, in some ways I would say that I am in awe. The whole charade has been a marketing achievement that will become legend.

As people, I find them callous and premeditated, and their quest for revenge seems obsessive and cruel. They have little or no sympathy for the trainwrecks they have left in their wake. The honourable Goncala Amaral and the people of PDL who have lost their livelihoods. I fear for the twins who are fed stories of monsters stealing children in the middle of the night and 'must raise money' mantra that surely dominates their family life.

I also dislike being taken for a fool. If someone demands that I believe them, I tend not to.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This is a good link

Post by tigger on 31.10.11 18:40

@Cristobell wrote:I do not hate the Mccanns, I find them endlessly fascinating, in some ways I would say that I am in awe. The whole charade has been a marketing achievement that will become legend.

As people, I find them callous and premeditated, and their quest for revenge seems obsessive and cruel. They have little or no sympathy for the trainwrecks they have left in their wake. The honourable Goncala Amaral and the people of PDL who have lost their livelihoods. I fear for the twins who are fed stories of monsters stealing children in the middle of the night and 'must raise money' mantra that surely dominates their family life.

I also dislike being taken for a fool. If someone demands that I believe them, I tend not to.

This is a good link. I totally agree with you. I love this blog:
http://onlyinamericablogging.blogspot.com/2011/10/who-does-this-remind-you-of.html?spref=fb
'I don't believe you because I can use a spoon..'

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell81 on 31.10.11 19:22

@AskTheDogsSandra wrote:
I hate the way they attach themselves to parents of real missing kids.
I hate the way they don't give up this circus even though its affected other people like Shannon Matthews.

Who is Shannon Matthews? And do they? I never knew they used other parents?

Arthur Schopenhauer

Tinkerbell81

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Twilight of the Gods

Post by tigger on 31.10.11 19:50

@PeterMac wrote:This may be more like "Götterdämmerung" - The Twilight of the Gods.
Of even the Flying Dutchman, where at the end the ship is able to sink.
Or Peter Grimes !

Twilight of the Gods only if all their god-like protectors fall with them! Peter Grimes I've never heard, because I think Britten only got heard because of his surname.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 31.10.11 19:55

@tigger wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:This may be more like "Götterdämmerung" - The Twilight of the Gods.
Of even the Flying Dutchman, where at the end the ship is able to sink.
Or Peter Grimes !

Twilight of the Gods only if all their god-like protectors fall with them! Peter Grimes I've never heard, because I think Britten only got heard because of his surname.

Britten wrote some superb music. Sorry very very off topic

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nina

Post by tigger on 31.10.11 20:25

Nina wrote: Britten wrote some superb music. Sorry very very off topic quote

Entirely the fault of Peter Pears , hearing him sing Britten's work accompanied by piano put me off Britten's work entirely. But well done to you for defending your opinion. I still favour the Macbeths as role models for the McCanns - how long will we have to wait for the sleepwalking aria? - For that opera I recommend the Zurich live performance with Thomas Hampton and Paoletta Maroccu. __________________

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 on 31.10.11 21:45

Its a bit more like Pomp and Circumstance, in that there is a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to two extremely pompous people!

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 31.10.11 21:51

Could Susan who started thethread be Susan Healy by some chance? Just a thought.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HotlipsHealy on 02.11.11 17:55

@Susan wrote:Ok so they made a terrible mistake leaving Madeleine and the twins alone....but reading forums, youtube posts etc, it now appears 90% is bitterness towards the parents. Can you blame them for creating the media storm and pursuing justice? Is there actually any good evidence that "they did it", which many seem to vehemently hypothesise? Should they not get a lot more sympathy despite their mistake?

Some sites and forums are a disgrace and so is twitter with everyone calling each other names. The pro sites only seem to be there to call people names too.
Maybe another question that could be asked is "Do the McCann sceptics deserve to be hated just because they don't believe Kate's version of the truth and are trying to find ways of getting the case reopened?"
Maybe if the McCanns did the right thing (eg write to the Portuguese prosecutor to get the case reopened, get the case into a criminal court rather than a libel court) then people would be more supportive of them. But all they do is try to cover their own arses rather than get themselves formally cleared (if they truly are innocent of simulating an abduction and hiding a cadaver) or punished if they are guilty. Madeleine deserves the truth to be told about her, even if that truth has to come from her own parents. But the more the McCanns piss about then the more their behaviour will be despised. Four years of lies is a bit too much for most people to tolerate.

Kate McCann: It was our holiday too.

HotlipsHealy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 02.11.11 18:39

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Could Susan who started thethread be Susan Healy by some chance? Just a thought.

Or maybe, Susan Leggett, connected to the vile muratfan?

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.11.11 9:40

I've never heard of Susan Leggett but if she has connections with the infamous King of the Trolls Murat Fan, I would expect her to be a lot ruder and ignorant than she was in her original posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 03.11.11 10:04

Hate............mmmmm.... well in a sense, yes. I hate the way GM smirks. Their body language says it all, I hate the way they sit and tell their pre-programmed rubbish on telly an I hate their narcissism - you would think this was all about Kate and not a 'missing' child, and oh yes..... this is what sealed it for me :-

What parent in their right mind, upon discovering her child had been 'abducted' runs back out of the very same apartment, leaving the other two defenseless twins behind............... that is your answer right there.

Guilty as sin.

There was no abduction. Pure misdirection.

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juulcy on 03.11.11 13:40

I do not hate them. The thing is, even though our intellect and the conclusions we have to come to, point us firmly in the direction of guilt and//or involvement of the parents in Madeleine's disappearance, we do not know with absolute certainty. I believe in our Western judging system, innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.
So on the one hand I am abhorred that these people keep up this elaborate act. Dragging who knows how many people with them, not to mention you British' taxpayers money.
On the other hand I think: what if, somehow, they are just unbelievable stupid and arrogant, but innocent. Not giving full openess and cooperation out of disdain and fear for the portugese police. Not being able to express themselves in plain unhalting English... It is hard to imagine, but stranger things can happen....
So, no hatred, but if the truth comes out, and they are guilty, my hatred will be almost bottomless.

Juulcy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 03.11.11 13:44

Jean wrote:I've never heard of Susan Leggett but if she has connections with the infamous King of the Trolls Murat Fan, I would expect her to be a lot ruder and ignorant than she was in her original posting.

Yes, you make a good point there Jean. Although in my experience, these people are like chameleons, they are extremely sneaky and will try changing their colours (tactics) to deceive and hopefully go undetected as a troll and accepted as a genuine poster.

Btw, I found out about Susan Leggett through researching some of the older topics on this forum. (I'm not claiming it is her, I have no proof whatsoever. But it's looking increasingly unlikely that 'Susan' is a genuine poster)

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t386p20-kate-and-gerry-mccann-exclusive-photos-from-kensington-roof-gardens

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 03.11.11 14:04

Yes Daisy we know from recent experience that there are some very clever trolls who appear to be quite genuine! At least when Murat Fan graces us with his presence, as he did a few nights ago, he makes it patently obvious who he is and his ramblings are whooshed even quicker than an anti-McCann comment to a newspaper.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scotclogs on 15.11.11 7:41

please I think they are making themselves hated .They are so in your face all the time, trying to stop FREE SPEECH, sueing everyone. Trying to take over facebook got pat brown's book baned, Distroying the life of the police man and his only crime was to look for they'er daughter more than can be said for the McCann's. not very likeable are they angryred

scotclogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 07.12.11 7:49

I don't hate them. I question their behaviour. There are just too many conflicting statements, too many contradictions, too many changes of tactics, too much litigation, too much media exposure and PR, too much access to people in high places, too much emphasis on a fund...I could go on. I find it difficult to grasp the contrast between all the bumbling words of intelligent people when questioned and then the sheer eloquence when going on the attack against the very media who are relied upon to generate awareness in order to fuel the fund - a fund that has failed to convince me of any particular achievement to date. There is always something strange to me. Why would I and many others not question things? Why if I disagree with the McCann supporters does that make me a 'hater' or anti McCann? Why would the many intelligent, highly skilled and ordinary people on this forum not have something to contribute in the search for Madeleine? Why is there a constant threat to freedom of speech? Why is it ok to agree and not to disagree? Why would nothing of value come from this forum in the search for justice?

Oh of course, I forgot to say that all the above is just my opinion.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 17.01.12 18:57

@PeterMac wrote:I don't 'hate' them. In some ways I pity them. (I do not recall having 'hated' any of the very many people I arrested and who were sent to prison. They were mostly inadequate and lacking in intellect. Some were wicked, that is clear, but still I didn't 'hate' them. Despise them, hold them in contempt, there are many other states a long way from 'hatred')
I believe they were foolish and ill advised. I think they have trapped themselves in a situation from which they think they can escape only in one direction.
It is sad that their strength of character is not sufficient to release them from what must be a very unpleasant state.
Also very sad that the strength of character of the other people who know small parts of the story is also insufficient for them to do the right thing.

Agree with all you say Peter. I don't hate them either - I wouldn't want to be them - can only imagine that their lives are a living hell. There are too many people involved, and something has got to give............. if it doesn't, I despair of mankind...

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum