The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by jd on 29.10.11 16:55

@tigger wrote:
@jd wrote:
Stella wrote:Oh, I'm with you now, sorry. blushing1 I agree, the nannies, especially Catriona Baker and Charlotte Pennington should be brought into a Police Station and questioned in depth. The sooner the better.

Oh yes especially Charlotte Pennington.....All those amazing sightings of Murat in the shop, on the beach in the dark etc to put him in it is simply, amazing. She also just happened to be first on the scene too. This one certainly had the knack of being at the wrong place at the wrong time lol! She started at OC in April 2007, a month before, so imo was nicely prepared for events a month later

In yet another coincidence, Miss Pennington lives in Kingston, South West London, and guess who is a doctor at Kingston Hospital...Its Mr Matthew Oldfield...all these coincidences with these Tapas 9 people is amazing

One amazing big reunion, like all the VIP's you could have knocked down with a feather when they ran into x, y, z and the rest of the alphabet.
Conjures up quite an amusing scene.

Pennington is the wannabee actress/fairy queen kind of thing? Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

No she is not, especially when you read her statements....oh dear. She came from New Zealand and I believe planted to be the big witness. Maybe when kate and gerry were in NZ they all met up and had lots of NZ wine together!

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by Shibboleth on 29.10.11 17:51

Charlotte Pennington was a *former* actress at the time she was in Portugal. She was a child actress in a television series in NZ. Perhaps when she saw all these sightings of Mr Murat, she was acting out a part. And perhaps Mrs Kate has been having acting lessons too.

____________________
“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” ~ Joseph Stalin, 1897-1953
"If Adolph Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway." ~ Joe Strummer, 1952-2002

Shibboleth

Posts : 500
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-16
Location : Jaffa - Tel Aviv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by jd on 29.10.11 18:50

@Shibboleth wrote:Charlotte Pennington was a *former* actress at the time she was in Portugal. She was a child actress in a television series in NZ. Perhaps when she saw all these sightings of Mr Murat, she was acting out a part. And perhaps Mrs Kate has been having acting lessons too.

They thought due to her acting skills (?) & being unknown, that she would be the one to carry out all the ludicrous sightings of Murat in boats out at sea in the middle of the dark quite night, and be the first witness on the scene to dispel any other witness statements against the scam....oh they also needed a witness in a shop the next day too

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Funny thing is..

Post by tigger on 29.10.11 19:37

@jd wrote:
@Shibboleth wrote:Charlotte Pennington was a *former* actress at the time she was in Portugal. She was a child actress in a television series in NZ. Perhaps when she saw all these sightings of Mr Murat, she was acting out a part. And perhaps Mrs Kate has been having acting lessons too.

They thought due to her acting skills (?) & being unknown, that she would be the one to carry out all the ludicrous sightings of Murat in boats out at sea in the middle of the dark quite night, and be the first witness on the scene to dispel any other witness statements against the scam....oh they also needed a witness in a shop the next day too

that I think she is the one who said the twins weren't in 5a when she saw Kate just after the abduction. That may be one true statement, which means the twins were in their own apartment (Gerry said that when they moved the twins from 5a to the dormitory). That's why there were no sheets in the cots. The alarm was raised, on her return at some stage, Kate or Gerry moved the twins into 5a and after some hours once the police arrived, they were taken back to 'their own apartment'. Nice slip Ger.
O yes, and this statement was not repeated, I think it appeared fairly early on in a newspaper interview with Pennington.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by pauline on 30.10.11 0:03

Stella wrote:Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

Either someone has connections is high places to push this through in record time, or ???

Stella - check the UK Company House and you will clearly see the system of company incorporation.. There was no pushing thro by a highly connected person. They merely used the SAME DAY SERVICE - and had checked that the name they wanted was not already in use.

Personally I think the whole thing is a scam and limited company was planned in advance but they made sure to incorporate it after Madeleine 'vanished.' but to do it so quickly she vanished was indeed very strange. Maybe just due to their greed; to wait for a reasonable time might have cost them money!.

pauline

Posts : 548
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by kimHager on 08.02.14 17:15

ok i hope im not overstepping admin delete me if i am but.....here goes...ms fenn says something to the effect of the parents came home or to the patio doors and the crying abruptly stops.Could it be backwards..crying stops as someone is leaving via patio doors...maybe the crying stops abruptly..i hate to think it much less speak it...someone murdered maddy then quickly left OR parents come in and catch the person who possibly they knew? I wish we knew everyones whereabouts that night and i believe creche records were forged by someone...as far as maddy being there after.If it was may 1 late in evening that could be why may 2 isnt talked about?

____________________
Kim

kimHager

Posts : 465
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by whatsupdoc on 19.05.15 11:52

Are there any witnesses/staff to say the quiz mistress was at the Tapas Bar around 2130 on the Tuesday?

If she was, did she go to Chaplins Bar after a short quiz  where she did another quiz around 2200?

Did Gerry and others follow the quiz mistress to Chaplins Bar where they had half-price drinks in the  Happy Hour? 

Chaplins Bar is about 800 metres from 5A.


I believe there were several witnesses that saw Gerry in Chaplins on the Tuesday night and it was the daughter or friend of Mrs. Fenn who was interviewed by Antenne 3 TV.



http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine%20McCann%20Thanks%20For%20Great%20Parenting%20skills%20a%20Unbelievable%20Fact

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/chaplins-bar-p.html

Who was sick on the Tuesday night?

If staff were needed to tell the McCanns that their children were crying for over an hour, they couldn't have been drinking at the Tapas Bar. They must have moved on.

whatsupdoc

Posts : 534
Reputation : 269
Join date : 2011-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by NickE on 19.05.15 15:05

@whatsupdoc wrote:Are there any witnesses/staff to say the quiz mistress was at the Tapas Bar around 2130 on the Tuesday?

If she was, did she go to Chaplins Bar after a short quiz  where she did another quiz around 2200?

Did Gerry and others follow the quiz mistress to Chaplins Bar where they had half-price drinks in the  Happy Hour? 

Chaplins Bar is about 800 metres from 5A.


I believe there were several witnesses that saw Gerry in Chaplins on the Tuesday night and it was the daughter or friend of Mrs. Fenn who was interviewed by Antenne 3 TV.



http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine%20McCann%20Thanks%20For%20Great%20Parenting%20skills%20a%20Unbelievable%20Fact

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/chaplins-bar-p.html

Who was sick on the Tuesday night?

If staff were needed to tell the McCanns that their children were crying for over an hour, they couldn't have been drinking at the Tapas Bar. They must have moved on.
Russel O´Brien,one of the children was sick.

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".

NickE

Posts : 955
Reputation : 271
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 20.05.15 12:21

Two nannies - Charlotte Pennington & Catriona Barker arrived at PDL on the same day as the T9. I believe one of them even travelled on the same flight as one of the T9 families. Then subsequently Catriona Barker was pictured visiting the Mcs at Rothley - to see how they were going on. Charlotte Pennington was also rumoured to have been know to the Mcs during their sojourn to New Zealand. What chance that?

Rogue-a-Tory

Posts : 422
Reputation : 264
Join date : 2014-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"We were taking nothing for granted"

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.05.15 13:19

I see that this ancient thread has been revived.

Its title is: 'Crying incident, was it taken seriously?'

But did any 'crying incident' actually happen?

We only have Mrs Fenn's evidence for it.

I know I shall be 'panned' once again for raising this, but how do we know for certain that Mrs Fenn was telling the truth? 

Mrs Fenn was reportedly a close friend of Robert Murat's mother, Mrs Jennifer Murat.

There are a number of question marks about the evidence of her neice, Carol Tranmer, the one who says she saw a suspicious-looking bloke from Mrs Fenn's balcony.


The wise words of DCI Redwood are surely relevant here: "We were taking nothing for granted..."

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 14224
Reputation : 2421
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by Richard IV on 20.05.15 14:23

@Tony Bennett wrote:I see that this ancient thread has been revived.

Its title is: 'Crying incident, was it taken seriously?'

But did any 'crying incident' actually happen?

We only have Mrs Fenn's evidence for it.

I know I shall be 'panned' once again for raising this, but how do we know for certain that Mrs Fenn was telling the truth? 

Mrs Fenn was reportedly a close friend of Robert Murat's mother, Mrs Jennifer Murat.

There are a number of question marks about the evidence of her neice, Carol Tranmer, the one who says she saw a suspicious-looking bloke from Mrs Fenn's balcony.


The wise words of DCI Redwood are surely relevant here: "We were taking nothing for granted..."
Is there anyone you DO believe in this case ?

Richard IV

Posts : 552
Reputation : 260
Join date : 2015-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.05.15 14:47

@Richard IV wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:I see that this ancient thread has been revived.

Its title is: 'Crying incident, was it taken seriously?'

But did any 'crying incident' actually happen?

We only have Mrs Fenn's evidence for it.

I know I shall be 'panned' once again for raising this, but how do we know for certain that Mrs Fenn was telling the truth? 

Mrs Fenn was reportedly a close friend of Robert Murat's mother, Mrs Jennifer Murat.

There are a number of question marks about the evidence of her neice, Carol Tranmer, the one who says she saw a suspicious-looking bloke from Mrs Fenn's balcony.


The wise words of DCI Redwood are surely relevant here: "We were taking nothing for granted..."
Is there anyone you DO believe in this case ?
Martin Grime.

Oh, plus the two top photographic experts consulted by PeterMac - who both emphatically ruled out that the 'Last Photo' was in any way photoshopped - but did add that the EXIF data could easily be changed to create an impression that a photo was taken on a date and time that is false.

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 14224
Reputation : 2421
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by whatsupdoc on 20.05.15 17:49

I was looking for a suitable thread to post this link...which I have only just come across...

[url=http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine McCann Thanks For Great Parenting skills a Unbelievable Fact]http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine%20McCann%20Thanks%20For%20Great%20Parenting%20skills%20a%20Unbelievable%20Fact[/url]

I think the PJ may well have checked out the possible witness described in the video in which the hairdresser said the McCanns were at Chaplins on the Tuesday night and keeping quiet about any results.

whatsupdoc

Posts : 534
Reputation : 269
Join date : 2011-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.05.15 18:06

@whatsupdoc wrote:I was looking for a suitable thread to post this link...which I have only just come across...

[url=http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine McCann Thanks For Great Parenting skills a Unbelievable Fact]http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine%20McCann%20Thanks%20For%20Great%20Parenting%20skills%20a%20Unbelievable%20Fact[/url]

I think the PJ may well have checked out the possible witness described in the video in which the hairdresser said the McCanns were at Chaplins on the Tuesday night and keeping quiet about any results.
I don't think there's any substantial evidence that the McCanns were at Chaplins on the night of Tuesday 1 May and I don't believe it unless and until someone produces such evidence.

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 14224
Reputation : 2421
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by Richard IV on 20.05.15 19:02

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Richard IV wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:I see that this ancient thread has been revived.

Its title is: 'Crying incident, was it taken seriously?'

But did any 'crying incident' actually happen?

We only have Mrs Fenn's evidence for it.

I know I shall be 'panned' once again for raising this, but how do we know for certain that Mrs Fenn was telling the truth? 

Mrs Fenn was reportedly a close friend of Robert Murat's mother, Mrs Jennifer Murat.

There are a number of question marks about the evidence of her neice, Carol Tranmer, the one who says she saw a suspicious-looking bloke from Mrs Fenn's balcony.


The wise words of DCI Redwood are surely relevant here: "We were taking nothing for granted..."
Is there anyone you DO believe in this case ?
Martin Grime.

Oh, plus the two top photographic experts consulted by PeterMac - who both emphatically ruled out that the 'Last Photo' was in any way photoshopped - but did add that the EXIF data could easily be changed to create an impression that a photo was taken on a date and time that is false.
Thanks for that.  But it`s worrying that you`re not believing Mrs. Fenn, particularly as she phoned Edna Glyn and told her about the crying and Edna Glynn replied that she was not surprised.  I`m sure it could be confirmed by Mrs. Glynn.   I see no reason for Mrs. Fenn to make up a story like that, yet alone lie in a statement to the PJ.  If you`re suggesting that Jennifer Murat asked her to make up such a story, why would Jennifer Murat do that ?  Sorry, but don`t get where you`re coming from with this.

Richard IV

Posts : 552
Reputation : 260
Join date : 2015-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.05.15 19:59

@Richard IV wrote:
Thanks for that.  But it's worrying that you're not believing Mrs. Fenn, particularly as she 'phoned Edna Glyn and told her about the crying and Edna Glyn replied that she was not surprised.  I'm sure it could be confirmed by Mrs. Glyn.   I see no reason for Mrs. Fenn to make up a story like that, yet alone lie in a statement to the PJ.  If you're suggesting that Jennifer Murat asked her to make up such a story, why would Jennifer Murat do that?  Sorry, but I don't get where you're coming from with this.
First of all, I am making a general plea for everyone to not take every statement as gospel, but to probe and test whether it be true or not. As I have done with the Smith family statements.

Let me be as specific as I can about my reasons for doubting Mrs Fenn's statement.

1. Your claim that Mrs Fenn spoke to Mrs Glyn is based on you accepting as gospel what Mrs Fenn says in her statement. However, a GNR officer made a statement that Robert Murat had told him that he [Murat] had taken the call from Mrs Fenn. Given that we know, as I said above, that Mrs Fenn and the Murats were longstanding friends, that raises at the very least a doubt about whether Mrs Fenn was telling the truth about Mrs Glyn  

2. She claimed that she heard 'not a child aged 2 or under, but an older child'. So, she was claiming she could distinguish between the cries of a child who not yet had reached her third birthday and one who had already reached the age of three. I find that extremely doubtfiul and suspicious, do you not agree?

3. If you look at both the statements of Mrs Fenn and Carole Tramner, they conveniently purport to tell us:
a) that Madeleine was alive on 1 May
b) that there was a burglar on the loose in Praia da Luz (she said she had 'chased away' a burglar from her top floor apartment)
c) that there was a suspicious man hanging around the McCanns' apartment (Tranmer statement)
d) that the McCanns were leaving their children unattended for periods.

4. On top of all that, there is the very suspicious behaviour of Murat (his 17 lies about his movements 1-4 May when first questioned, to start with), and of Mrs Murat, with her stall in Praia da Luz asking for information. The Murats were close friends with Mrs Fenn. Murat had known Martin Smith for at least two years and they had met (according to the Smiths) 'several times'.

5. Mrs Fenn later denied to the press that she had heard anything at all.


Do you not think it is at least a possibility that Murat could have influenced both Mrs Fenn's statement and the Smiths'?

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 14224
Reputation : 2421
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by sharonl on 20.05.15 21:46

Mrs Fenn gave a statement that backed up the McCann's crying incident, she emphasised that the child was not 2 or under but an older child.  Her testimony suggests that Madeleine was alive on that evening.

Mrs Fenn also backs up the McCanns claims that there were burglars in the area, this is despite the PJ's statement that there were no reported burglaries in the area within the past few months.

Her Niece, Carole Tranmer backs up the McCanns claim that someone was watching the apartments, she gave a description of a man that she claimed to have seen with many similarities to the one on the McCanns website.

In her rogatory interview, Carole presented, as evidence that she was on her aunts veranda in PDL on May 3rd, a photograph of herself.

Below is an extract from Caroles' statement describing her aunts apartment.

How likely is it that a burglar targeted Mrs Fenn?

How likely is it that an elderly lady chased him off and caught him by the ankles as he leapt through her window?

Would he really have fled from a woman in her eighties?

Why wasn't this reported to the police?

Why didn't she shout for help as he was leaving?

IMO - something very odd amongst the ex-pat community in PDL

Extract wrote:

DC1485'How long has she been there, in that apartment'

CT'When my uncle died, they had a villa close to Lagos, but when he died of Alzheimer's, she sold it to buy the site in Luz. She bought it because it was surrounded by people and it was easy for her to come and go as she did not want a big site. She bought it in 2003'since 2003 and it is the second or third floor, I am never certain, but I believe that there is one more apartment

DC1485'ground floor... ground floor, first floor'

CT'No, she is the third, I believe that she is on the third floor.

DC1485'Third floor.

CT'There is only one on top, therefore, she is on the third floor, at the end apartment. Once there, you take the elevator or the stairs. There is no other entrance or exit. You go directly to her door. She lives at the end. There is no other access.

DC1485'Therefore, when one leaves the elevator, to which side does one walk, left or right'

CT'You turn left.

DC1485'Sure.

CT'You walk, as it is a long corridor. It is open at the back part, it is an open corridor open in such a way one can see the front because the back part, if you can call that part which is turned toward the pool, but the front part of the building, is in truth the back of the same. Does this make sense'

DC1485'Yes, that makes sense.

CT'Because this is the entry, the only entry point and exit point, after this there is only the veranda and the terrace and nothing more. It has been there since 2003.

DC1485'And when you enter, give me a description of the apartment.

CT'I will describe what one sees when entering. Well, when one enters there is a small entrance hall where you find her room and the living area. After, there is one more room on the opposite side of the small veranda. It is not really a veranda but a passage where one can walk; there is a window and an entrance door. This window is normally covered by a closed blind because it is the guest room; after that is a front door in such a position'the window is there and the door and when one enters there is an access door to the to the guest room and after, her room, which is at the edge of the building.

DC1485'Yes.

CT'One passes through there and there is a bathroom and through the entrance hall there is a guest room, a kitchen and an eating area. After the living area, there is a big open terrace'where we would usually go. It is completely open.

DC1485'When you are on the terrace, to which direction are you turned'

CT'We are turned to a beautiful view of the ocean and all the clay roofs of the village, where one can see the pool, the reception area, the pool zone, the tennis courts, and one could see the roof of the Tapas bar. There are trees and bushes between all of this, so when one looks out, there are only roof tops, the small homes and other villas. It is an incredible view.

DC1485'Who else lives there'

CT' Actually, she is the only resident, which may seem strange but she wants to be there. So she is the only resident. All the other owners, the majority of them, more or less, are people who acquired the apartments and rent them or else use them only for holidays. For this reason, there are times in the year when she is alone.

DC1485'And who else lives with her'

CT' She is completely alone



.

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3652
Reputation : 492
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by j.rob on 20.05.15 22:13

Given that we know, as I said above, that Mrs Fenn and the Murats were longstanding friends, that raises at the very least a doubt about whether Mrs Fenn was telling the truth about Mrs Glyn  
----


Are they? So where was Mrs Fenn coming from?


What are you saying?


No child was crying that night? Mrs Fenn lied....or what


All these riddles are so F****** irritating.


ETA: I give up. I'm bored of this case.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 231
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I'm not buying it

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.05.15 22:36

@j.rob wrote:No child was crying that night? Mrs Fenn lied....or what? All these riddles are so F****** irritating.
Not one other person in the apartment block or on the whole site heard a child (past its 3rd birthday) crying loudly and continuously for 75 minutes?

To quote Wendy Murphy once again, 'I'm not buying it'

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 14224
Reputation : 2421
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by Richard IV on 20.05.15 22:37

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Richard IV wrote:
Thanks for that.  But it's worrying that you're not believing Mrs. Fenn, particularly as she 'phoned Edna Glyn and told her about the crying and Edna Glyn replied that she was not surprised.  I'm sure it could be confirmed by Mrs. Glyn.   I see no reason for Mrs. Fenn to make up a story like that, yet alone lie in a statement to the PJ.  If you're suggesting that Jennifer Murat asked her to make up such a story, why would Jennifer Murat do that?  Sorry, but I don't get where you're coming from with this.
First of all, I am making a general plea for everyone to not take every statement as gospel, but to probe and test whether it be true or not. As I have done with the Smith family statements.
I`m pretty sure no one here takes every statement as gospel, but IMO it`s more than likely that Mrs. Fenn was telling the truth.  She had no reason to lie.

Let me be as specific as I can about my reasons for doubting Mrs Fenn's statement.

1. Your claim that Mrs Fenn spoke to Mrs Glyn is based on you accepting as gospel what Mrs Fenn says in her statement. However, a GNR officer made a statement that Robert Murat had told him that he [Murat] had taken the call from Mrs Fenn.
Could you give a link for that because I have looked and can`t find this officer`s statement.

Given that we know, as I said above, that Mrs Fenn and the Murats were longstanding friends,
Who said?  However it is quite likely they knew each other but do we actually know just how close they were ?  

that raises at the very least a doubt about whether Mrs Fenn was telling the truth about Mrs Glyn 
In your opinion maybe, not in mine. I find it difficult to accept that Mrs. Fenn was a criminal.

2. She claimed that she heard 'not a child aged 2 or under, but an older child'. So, she was claiming she could distinguish between the cries of a child who not yet had reached her third birthday and one who had already reached the age of three. I find that extremely doubtfiul and suspicious, do you not agree?
No I don`t agree.  I believe it is possible to distinguish between the cries of a 2 yr old and nearly 4 yr old.

3. If you look at both the statements of Mrs Fenn and Carole Tramner, they conveniently purport to tell us:
a) that Madeleine was alive on 1 May
b) that there was a burglar on the loose in Praia da Luz (she said she had 'chased away' a burglar from her top floor apartment)
c) that there was a suspicious man hanging around the McCanns' apartment (Tranmer statement)
d) that the McCanns were leaving their children unattended for periods.
Yes but don`t see what is so `convenient` and for whom.

4. On top of all that, there is the very suspicious behaviour of Murat (his 17 lies about his movements 1-4 May when first questioned, to start with),and of Mrs Murat, with her stall in Praia da Luz asking for information. The Murats were close friends with Mrs Fenn. Murat had known Martin Smith for at least two years and they had met (according to the Smiths) 'several times'.
I agree with you about RM (and possibly the suspicious stall JM set up) but you are basing your suspicions on Mrs. Fenn being in league with the Murats.  I don`t agree that Mrs. Fenn would tell outright lies to the police and then sign a statement in corroboration.

5. Mrs Fenn later denied to the press that she had heard anything at all.
I think she was fed up with them following her.


Do you not think it is at least a possibility that Murat could have influenced both Mrs Fenn's statement and the Smiths'?
No and No.

Richard IV

Posts : 552
Reputation : 260
Join date : 2015-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by Verdi on 20.05.15 22:43

sharonl today @ 9:46 pm

The crying incident is an area that has forever mystifies me.  Snipped from Pamela Fenn's witness statement:

She states that on the day of the 1st May 2007, when she was at home alone, at approximately 22H30 she heard a child cry, and that due the tone of the crying seemed to be a young child and not a baby of two years of age or younger.

Apart from the crying that continued for approximately one hour and fifteen minutes, and which got louder and more expressive, the child shouted "Daddy, Daddy", the witness had no doubt that the noise came from the floor below. At about 23H45, an hour and fifteen minutes after the crying began, she heard the parents arrive, she did not see them, but she heard the patio doors open, she was quite worried as the crying had gone on for more than an hour and had gradually got worse.


She lived above the apartment occupied by the McCanns which puts her in a key position as a witness.  Why wasn't she formally interviewed until August 2007.   If as has been suggested she wasn't approached by the police (which I find hard to believe) why didn't she volunteer her services.  Particularly bearing in mind the crying episode and the alleged burglar.  She goes on to say:

That night she contacted a friend called XXXX XXXX, who also lives in Praia da Luz, after 23H00, telling her about the situation, who was not surprised at the childs crying.

So what was the point of contacting a friend, what could possibly be gained by doing so? 

If as stated by the McCanns, their three children were left alone every night in their apartment, one child crying (as described by Pamela Fenn) would surely waken the other two and make them cry and/or scream also?

How did Mrs Fenn know that it was the parents who entered the apartment when the crying stopped.  She specifically says she didn't see them so is she only assuming?

Why did Mrs Fenn's niece make such a seemingly outlandish statement when interviewed by Leicester police in 2008:

We were all seated on the terrace, hummm'talking, and I was inclined to look below and this is when I saw someone leave the apartment of the first floor, closing the gate very gently as they were leaving, opening and closing the gate with much caution and in silence. It appeared to me very strange. They looked to one side and the other, shut the gate and walked very quickly downwards. It was at this point that I turned to my aunt and my husband and exclaimed 'That was really very strange', but they were talking and very involved in the conversation (inaudible). I became involved in the conversation and did not think anymore about the incident.

As you say, there seemed to be some very strange goings-on amongst the ex-pat community.  As for the burglar who escaped her grasp when flying through the window, she lived above - wonder where and how he landed?   Nah, the whole thing stinks of rotting sea bass with a side serving of rank king prawns a la Freud washed down with a shot of raspberry vodka.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 4116
Reputation : 2511
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by sar on 20.05.15 23:36

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@whatsupdoc wrote:I was looking for a suitable thread to post this link...which I have only just come across...

[url=http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine McCann Thanks For Great Parenting skills a Unbelievable Fact]http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine%20McCann%20Thanks%20For%20Great%20Parenting%20skills%20a%20Unbelievable%20Fact[/url]

I think the PJ may well have checked out the possible witness described in the video in which the hairdresser said the McCanns were at Chaplins on the Tuesday night and keeping quiet about any results.
I don't think there's any substantial evidence that the McCanns were at Chaplins on the night of Tuesday 1 May and I don't believe it unless and until someone produces such evidence.
..since when did 'substantial evidence' mean anything in this case?!! (winks)  Any 'substantial' evidence they weren't?

sar

Posts : 473
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2013-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.05.15 23:38

@sar wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@whatsupdoc wrote:I was looking for a suitable thread to post this link...which I have only just come across...

[url=http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine McCann Thanks For Great Parenting skills a Unbelievable Fact]http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine%20McCann%20Thanks%20For%20Great%20Parenting%20skills%20a%20Unbelievable%20Fact[/url]

I think the PJ may well have checked out the possible witness described in the video in which the hairdresser said the McCanns were at Chaplins on the Tuesday night and keeping quiet about any results.
I don't think there's any substantial evidence that the McCanns were at Chaplins on the night of Tuesday 1 May and I don't believe it unless and until someone produces such evidence.
..since when did 'substantial evidence' mean anything in this case?!! (winks)  Any 'substantial' evidence they weren't?
He who asserts must prove what he asserts

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 14224
Reputation : 2421
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by sar on 20.05.15 23:47

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@sar wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@whatsupdoc wrote:I was looking for a suitable thread to post this link...which I have only just come across...

[url=http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine McCann Thanks For Great Parenting skills a Unbelievable Fact]http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine%20McCann%20Thanks%20For%20Great%20Parenting%20skills%20a%20Unbelievable%20Fact[/url]

I think the PJ may well have checked out the possible witness described in the video in which the hairdresser said the McCanns were at Chaplins on the Tuesday night and keeping quiet about any results.
I don't think there's any substantial evidence that the McCanns were at Chaplins on the night of Tuesday 1 May and I don't believe it unless and until someone produces such evidence.
..since when did 'substantial evidence' mean anything in this case?!! (winks)  Any 'substantial' evidence they weren't?
He who asserts must prove what he asserts
sorry, not sure if I need to reply in bold or not?  Not asserting anything, unless I'm mistaken?

sar

Posts : 473
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2013-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crying incident, was it taken seriously?

Post by BlueBag on 21.05.15 8:02

@sar wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@sar wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@whatsupdoc wrote:I was looking for a suitable thread to post this link...which I have only just come across...

[url=http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine McCann Thanks For Great Parenting skills a Unbelievable Fact]http://datab.us/FpRkoootzSM#Madeleine%20McCann%20Thanks%20For%20Great%20Parenting%20skills%20a%20Unbelievable%20Fact[/url]

I think the PJ may well have checked out the possible witness described in the video in which the hairdresser said the McCanns were at Chaplins on the Tuesday night and keeping quiet about any results.
I don't think there's any substantial evidence that the McCanns were at Chaplins on the night of Tuesday 1 May and I don't believe it unless and until someone produces such evidence.
..since when did 'substantial evidence' mean anything in this case?!! (winks)  Any 'substantial' evidence they weren't?
He who asserts must prove what he asserts
sorry, not sure if I need to reply in bold or not?  Not asserting anything, unless I'm mistaken?
You were asking to prove a negative.

If you think they were at Chaplins you need to provide some evidence for the belief.

BlueBag

Posts : 3736
Reputation : 1607
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum