The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

An 'epidemic' of child abuse deaths in the U.S.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An 'epidemic' of child abuse deaths in the U.S.

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.10.11 11:35

3-minute news video here, via BBC link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15288865

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The sexual revolution

Post by tigger on 17.10.11 11:49

The sexual revolution which started in the sixties hasn't done a lot of people any favours. Feminists now are writing that instead of liberating women the contraception pill has in many cases obliged them to be far more promiscuous than they would have liked to be.
Granted, at least the stigma of children born outside of marriage, living together without marrying, has been removed. But now this liberty iis used to gain tax handouts, housing and all sorts of goodies. Children have now become bargaining counters in getting what their parents want.
This is not across the board of course, I'm just stating a general trend in certain layers of the population all over the world.

It is my opinion that the abuse of children has increased because of the sexual revolution. There are many people who seem to need a sense of illegitimacy in their sexual behaviour. If it's allowed and nobody cares what you do or how you do it, it will not satisfy their appetites.
This behaviour is fed by countless books and films and TV plays.
The increase in violence of very young children has been clearly linked to their exposure to computer games and TV shows.

I have no idea how to approach the problem, in Russia chemical castration has been approved for child molesters.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An 'epidemic' of child abuse deaths in the U.S.

Post by puzzled on 17.10.11 14:31

@Tony Bennett wrote:3-minute news video here, via BBC link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15288865

Thanks, I've just watched the whole thing. I think there are several problems which contribute to this. I might be wrong about this, but American culture seems to be one in which emotionality is highly valued, and expressing your emotions is seen as a good thing. This may be OK when it's positive emotions, but when it's not, it'll very often manifest as just lashing out at a kid without thinking. Also, there are higher levels of poverty in the US than in other parts of the industrialised world, with all the mental stresses that come with that, and lower levels of education which can make people less likely to stop and question their behaviour. But of course, the problem is not confined to any one culture.

puzzled

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An 'epidemic' of child abuse deaths in the U.S.

Post by Guest on 17.10.11 14:39

If statistics are right, in that children who have been abused go on to abuse themselves, then what we have is a binary effect problem. Family sizes with every decade are getting larger and larger. It only takes one abusive parent with 3 chlidren, 2 of which go on to abuse themselves, the cycle then repeats itself and because of that one parent we suddely have 8 abused individuals.

I think society needs to take better care of abused children, so they never can become abusive adults.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum