The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gerry McCann On Returning To Work

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry McCann On Returning To Work

Post by Daisy on 18.10.11 23:46

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:The highlight of the video is at 54 seconds in where he has been asked a question (can't hear it) and he says he is there to talk about work. Who bl**dy cares about his work???? The ONLY thing that anyone is interested as far as he is concerned is Madeleines disappearance and the surrounding circumstances, no-one cares a fig for what he's got to say about his day job. How deluded.

His arrogance disturbs me; I find him incredibily hard to watch. Even Kate's Aunt -Janet Kennedy, let slip about his manner in her witness statement. In fact I think Auntie Janet probably said far too much in those interviews for the liking of Kate & Gerry, she strays off script way too much. She even went back (at her own request of course ;-)) to the police station a month later to ammend her statement:

JK: "I think could have been mis-interpreted. Instead of
using the term 'is the one who dominates' with regard to the
relationship between Kate and Gerry, I would like to state that
they respect each other's decisions and all decisions are taken
together. It was Kate's own proposal to stay at home and look
after the children instead of returning to work as a doctor.
"

JK: "Gerry appears to be totally
absorbed in his work showing some difficulty concentrating
outside of this realm. Kate brings him back to reality. At
times, he can appear rude or curt"

It's a very interesting and telling statement, especially the way she portrays Madeleine.

http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANNET-KENNEDY.htm

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.11 7:57

@Daisy wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:The highlight of the video is at 54 seconds in where he has been asked a question (can't hear it) and he says he is there to talk about work. Who bl**dy cares about his work???? The ONLY thing that anyone is interested as far as he is concerned is Madeleines disappearance and the surrounding circumstances, no-one cares a fig for what he's got to say about his day job. How deluded.

His arrogance disturbs me; I find him incredibily hard to watch. Even Kate's Aunt -Janet Kennedy, let slip about his manner in her witness statement. In fact I think Auntie Janet probably said far too much in those interviews for the liking of Kate & Gerry, she strays off script way too much. She even went back (at her own request of course ;-)) to the police station a month later to ammend her statement:

JK: "I think could have been mis-interpreted. Instead of
using the term 'is the one who dominates' with regard to the
relationship between Kate and Gerry, I would like to state that
they respect each other's decisions and all decisions are taken
together. It was Kate's own proposal to stay at home and look
after the children instead of returning to work as a doctor.
"

JK: "Gerry appears to be totally
absorbed in his work showing some difficulty concentrating
outside of this realm. Kate brings him back to reality. At
times, he can appear rude or curt"

It's a very interesting and telling statement, especially the way she portrays Madeleine.

http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANNET-KENNEDY.htm

Very interesting, hadn't read this statement. Didnt know Brian Kennedy was Kates mothers sister.

this part intrigued me :
"Because Madeleine did occasionally have bad nights, Kate arranged a bonus system. She would get up in the middle of the night, would go to her parent's room to ensure they were there and would return to her own bed. This situation had gotten better before they went to Portugal"

So what would Madeleine do if she did wake up and her parents where not there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.11 8:41

Moa wrote:
Very interesting, hadn't read this statement. Didnt know Brian Kennedy was Kates mothers sister.

Please remember there are 2 Brian Kennedy's involved in this case. This relation is not the Double Glazing one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 19.10.11 9:36

Not to be confused with this Brian Kennedy either!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UddLOA-QoqM

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.11 9:45

Stella wrote:
Moa wrote:

Please remember there are 2 Brian Kennedy's involved in this case. This relation is not the Double Glazing one.

Ah I see :) Ty for the information :)

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.10.11 10:03

Moa wrote:
this part intrigued me :
"Because Madeleine did occasionally have bad nights, Kate arranged a bonus system. She would get up in the middle of the night, would go to her parent's room to ensure they were there and would return to her own bed. This situation had gotten better before they went to Portugal"
Go to the window, and climb up onto the back of the sofa to look out to see if she could see where they might be ?
Cry for them to return ?
Open the patio door and go outside to look for them ?

Just a "working hypothesis", you understand. Merely an "assumption".

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.11 10:07

@PeterMac wrote:
Moa wrote:
this part intrigued me :
Go to the window, and climb up onto the back of the sofa to look out to see if she could see where they might be ?
Cry for them to return ?
Open the patio door and go outside to look for them ?

Just a "working hypothesis", you understand. Merely an "assumption".

:)
I also read in kennedy statement that she also had a chart for swimming, like she had for staying in bed. Wonder why she needed one for swimming? Did she not like to go swim? Did she behave badly when they went swimming? Is that why they said after Madeleine ask why they didnt come when they cried, " was that when she was taking a bath" hmmm.. If she didnt like to swim or take a bath, why was she then so eiger to take a bath in the pool with Kate in PDL ?

Back to top Go down

Post by steevo1962 on 19.10.11 12:35

I remember that in the beginning, Madeleine did not sleep well at night, and needed much attention.

- And possibly medication eg. sleeping draft?

Madeleine was very close to Gerry; she was always at his side.

- Daddy's girl, quite normal? Although can cause resentment from a mother experiencing and having experienced trauma and difficulties?

Madeleine, Sean and Amelie were all born via I.V.F. and all of us in the family believe that these children were a blessing from God.

- Really? God's blessing would not have prevented a normal pregnancy in the 1st place?

When Madeleine was small she would cry a lot. She was a very active baby who did not sleep well. She liked to be carried. She liked people to move around with her and to sing to her. Kate and Gerry found that she craved a lot of attention and were grateful for the help from other members of the family.

- Like my own daughter who didn't sleep for over 2 years whom I suspected had AHDD.

They did not show resentment towards Madeleine and I would say that as parents they functioned very well.

- Maybe to those on the outside?

Madeleine would normally go to bed around 19:30 ' 20:00 and Sean and Amelie around 18:30 ' 19:00. As already mentioned, together Kate and Gerry were very precise about sleep time.

- Routine's are good but must have a degree of flexibilty, children and babies are unpredictable, not robots unless you have other methods of maintaining that precise routine?

The children would occasionally awake during the night, particularly when they wanted to eat or be changed. Kate and Gerry would get up and take care of them ' it was for this reason they wanted to check on them when they were out.

- I personally would not feel comfortable leaving my children alone in these circumstances anywhere.

Because Madeleine did occasionally have bad nights, Kate arranged a bonus system. She would get up in the middle of the night, would go to her parent's room to ensure they were there and would return to her own bed. This situation had gotten better before they went to Portugal.

- What a convenient remark considering the circumstance in Portugal?

The bonus system appears to have functioned well with Madeleine. She also had one for swimming if I remember well. The kitchen was replete with bonuses.

- did Madeleine really need so much reward? Was she that uncontrolable that she had to be trained like a dog?

I feel a great injustice in relation to Kate and Gerry' to the way people judged them. They checked on their children constantly; the children always came first so that their routine was not disturbed.

- Not during the holiday in Portugal they didn't? How little time did all of the party actually spend with their children over the 6 days? Farmed of to child care and then locked in flats for the rest of the time, occasionally allowed some ROUTINELY organised time to be a family?

Kate and Gerry believed that it was safe. Relative to the allegation that Madeleine made regarding Sean's crying, I do not have any idea what possessed Madeleine to make such an affirmation and also would state that Madeleine had a very fertile imagination.

- So Madeleine was making this up and therefore, the little girl was probably routinely crying wolf, and we all know what happened in the story of David, the little boy who cried wolf?

I remember one occasion when I was taking care of them and Madeleine took out her doctor play toys and used the thermometer to hit Sean on the head. I spoke with her about taking care of her siblings and not hurting them, at which time she hit Sean once again -- Madeleine was like this, very energetic.

- more signs of some kind of minor disorder or just a normal jealous sibling?

Gerry and Kate are good rationalisers, they do not hit. They have their proper strategy which involves taking the child out of the situation and putting them in time-out, close the door, and let the child think about what they have done. This always seemed to gain results.

- Unless of course, the child injures itself during this time out behind a closed door.....or the parent isn't there to protect the child from self harm or an accident?

Only a few of my thoughts to share!

steevo1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.11 14:07

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Stella wrote:
@TheTruthWillOut wrote:That first video is unbelievable bigshock

Funnily enough, I found out today that brother John went back to work in May this year after a 4 year sabbatical.(With a different company)
Can you say which company TheTruthWillOut ?

It is in the public domain Stella. He now works for Bayer. http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/john-mccann/11/589/304
thanks and apologies for the delay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.11 14:10

@steevo1962 wrote:I remember that in the beginning, Madeleine did not sleep well at night, and needed much attention.

- And possibly medication eg. sleeping draft?

Madeleine was very close to Gerry; she was always at his side.

- Daddy's girl, quite normal? Although can cause resentment from a mother experiencing and having experienced trauma and difficulties?

Madeleine, Sean and Amelie were all born via I.V.F. and all of us in the family believe that these children were a blessing from God.

- Really? God's blessing would not have prevented a normal pregnancy in the 1st place?

When Madeleine was small she would cry a lot. She was a very active baby who did not sleep well. She liked to be carried. She liked people to move around with her and to sing to her. Kate and Gerry found that she craved a lot of attention and were grateful for the help from other members of the family.

- Like my own daughter who didn't sleep for over 2 years whom I suspected had AHDD.

They did not show resentment towards Madeleine and I would say that as parents they functioned very well.

- Maybe to those on the outside?

Madeleine would normally go to bed around 19:30 ' 20:00 and Sean and Amelie around 18:30 ' 19:00. As already mentioned, together Kate and Gerry were very precise about sleep time.

- Routine's are good but must have a degree of flexibilty, children and babies are unpredictable, not robots unless you have other methods of maintaining that precise routine?

The children would occasionally awake during the night, particularly when they wanted to eat or be changed. Kate and Gerry would get up and take care of them ' it was for this reason they wanted to check on them when they were out.

- I personally would not feel comfortable leaving my children alone in these circumstances anywhere.

Because Madeleine did occasionally have bad nights, Kate arranged a bonus system. She would get up in the middle of the night, would go to her parent's room to ensure they were there and would return to her own bed. This situation had gotten better before they went to Portugal.

- What a convenient remark considering the circumstance in Portugal?

The bonus system appears to have functioned well with Madeleine. She also had one for swimming if I remember well. The kitchen was replete with bonuses.

- did Madeleine really need so much reward? Was she that uncontrolable that she had to be trained like a dog?

I feel a great injustice in relation to Kate and Gerry' to the way people judged them. They checked on their children constantly; the children always came first so that their routine was not disturbed.

- Not during the holiday in Portugal they didn't? How little time did all of the party actually spend with their children over the 6 days? Farmed of to child care and then locked in flats for the rest of the time, occasionally allowed some ROUTINELY organised time to be a family?

Kate and Gerry believed that it was safe. Relative to the allegation that Madeleine made regarding Sean's crying, I do not have any idea what possessed Madeleine to make such an affirmation and also would state that Madeleine had a very fertile imagination.

- So Madeleine was making this up and therefore, the little girl was probably routinely crying wolf, and we all know what happened in the story of David, the little boy who cried wolf?

I remember one occasion when I was taking care of them and Madeleine took out her doctor play toys and used the thermometer to hit Sean on the head. I spoke with her about taking care of her siblings and not hurting them, at which time she hit Sean once again -- Madeleine was like this, very energetic.

- more signs of some kind of minor disorder or just a normal jealous sibling?

Gerry and Kate are good rationalisers, they do not hit. They have their proper strategy which involves taking the child out of the situation and putting them in time-out, close the door, and let the child think about what they have done. This always seemed to gain results.

- Unless of course, the child injures itself during this time out behind a closed door.....or the parent isn't there to protect the child from self harm or an accident?

Only a few of my thoughts to share!

And I ask again, why would she need a bonnus chart for swimming?
I also do bonus chart with my fosterchildren, and it works perfectly. BUt you use them for a reason, and swimming sounds to me like a weird thing to have a bonus system on ? And if she disliked swimming that much, why was she then so over excited about taking a dip in the PDL pool, specially since it was cold ... Another fabricated story from Kate to make the PDL fake pool picture more believeble?

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 19.10.11 14:41

Moa wrote:

I also do bonus chart with my fosterchildren, and it works perfectly. BUt you use them for a reason, and swimming sounds to me like a weird thing to have a bonus system on ? And if she disliked swimming that much, why was she then so over excited about taking a dip in the PDL pool, specially since it was cold ... Another fabricated story from Kate to make the PDL fake pool picture more believeble? [/quote]

Just playing devil's advocate here Moa. Perhaps that could be explained by Aunt Philamena McCann claiming:

The last time Phil saw her was when 46 friends and family holidayed
in Ireland at Easter.

She said: "She's just learned to swim from taking lessons
and in Donegal, she had her water wings off for the first time."

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.11 19:02

@Daisy wrote:
Moa wrote:

I also do bonus chart with my fosterchildren, and it works perfectly. BUt you use them for a reason, and swimming sounds to me like a weird thing to have a bonus system on ? And if she disliked swimming that much, why was she then so over excited about taking a dip in the PDL pool, specially since it was cold ... Another fabricated story from Kate to make the PDL fake pool picture more believeble?

Just playing devil's advocate here Moa. Perhaps that could be explained by Aunt Philamena McCann claiming:

The last time Phil saw her was when 46 friends and family holidayed
in Ireland at Easter.

She said: "She's just learned to swim from taking lessons
and in Donegal, she had her water wings off for the first time."[/quote]

But then why would they need a bonus chart if she liked swimming? You use that system to learn your kid to behave or for doing the right thing.
I just think she must have behaved in a bad enough way for her parents do take it in to the bonus system. If she really liked swimming she wouldn't be any trouble going to swimming..Atleast not as often that they needed a bonus system for it..

So in Donegal they went to a swiminghall ? And Madeleine then swum for the first time with out safety wings? It was to cold to bath outside .
Not sure if that was a thing I would do in my easter vacation,unless the town had a fantastic just have to go waterland. But again people are different.
Isn't there a picture of a MBM with makeup on in the pool? Does she have her safety wings on that picture?

Back to top Go down

Post by tumbleweed on 20.10.11 6:44

Moa wrote:Isn't there a picture of a MBM with makeup on in the pool? Does she have her safety wings on that picture?

My mind went immediately to that picture also so I went and had a look and it looks like she's in one of those inflatable kiddy pools that go in the yard, so I think that would explain why she isn't wearing swimming wings.

tumbleweed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scar?

Post by tumbleweed on 20.10.11 7:00

This is a bit off topic but while looking closer at that picture of her in the kiddy pool I noticed she seems to have a scar through her left eyebrow, which is visible in other pictures as well. I never noticed it before. I wonder what happened to cause it? Sad

tumbleweed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.11 12:13

@tumbleweed wrote:This is a bit off topic but while looking closer at that picture of her in the kiddy pool I noticed she seems to have a scar through her left eyebrow, which is visible in other pictures as well. I never noticed it before. I wonder what happened to cause it? Sad

I see the scar clearly, never noticed it before, and yes this was the picture I was thinking of. Do look like a inflateble pool.
She is also not wearing a swimsuite..

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 20.10.11 13:01

Well spotted Moa

Madeleine is "in the buff" i e naked on the pic and it looks like an above ground outdoor pool as you can see the creases in the base.

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.11 13:29

@Gillyspot wrote:Well spotted Moa

Madeleine is "in the buff" i e naked on the pic and it looks like an above ground outdoor pool as you can see the creases in the base.

And this photo is also taken by Paul Grover...If he is a professional photograph, and the picture is taken same day as the laying on the floor in weird position picture, well it makes you really wonder....

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 20.10.11 13:30

Very true and fancy sharing a naked photo of your daughter when you "fear" she has been "abducted" by paedophiles.

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.11 13:32

@tumbleweed wrote:
Moa wrote:Isn't there a picture of a MBM with makeup on in the pool? Does she have her safety wings on that picture?

My mind went immediately to that picture also so I went and had a look and it looks like she's in one of those inflatable kiddy pools that go in the yard, so I think that would explain why she isn't wearing swimming wings.

Also I must say, this picture must have been taken around summertime 2006..I feel if you look at her face, it is much more alike the PDL pool picture, than pictures of her closer to age 4...IMO that is..

Back to top Go down

Post by steevo1962 on 20.10.11 13:47

To the top right of the photo it looks like the start of steps that you would find in a baby/toddler pool?

With regards being naked, she could of course have pants on which you can't see by the angle of the photo?

steevo1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 20.10.11 13:50

You got there before me Steevo, I was about to say that she could have pants or a bikini bottom on. I'm not happy about the make up and the professional photographer though.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steevo1962 on 20.10.11 13:57

Maybe this is evidence of the suggested Narcissistic personality disorder that has been described by profilers eg. Pat Brown?

steevo1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.11 13:59

@Marian wrote:You got there before me Steevo, I was about to say that she could have pants or a bikini bottom on. I'm not happy about the make up and the professional photographer though.

I agree she could ofcourse have swimpants on. In my country tough, girls in that age use swimingsuite. We think its to youn to start using a bikin, and the pants are only for the boys :) Its probably different in other countries..
Still , something about this picture makes me wonder..And specially since they needed a bonus system for the swimming..

Steevo - I do not see the pool stairs you pointed to? And I do have my glasses on big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by steevo1962 on 20.10.11 14:05

Moa wrote:
@Marian wrote:You got there before me Steevo, I was about to say that she could have pants or a bikini bottom on. I'm not happy about the make up and the professional photographer though.

I agree she could ofcourse have swimpants on. In my country tough, girls in that age use swimingsuite. We think its to youn to start using a bikin, and the pants are only for the boys :) Its probably different in other countries..
Still , something about this picture makes me wonder..And specially since they needed a bonus system for the swimming..

Steevo - I do not see the pool stairs you pointed to? And I do have my glasses on

Her left hand seems to be resting on something, maybe the 1st step, above that there is a surface maybe the 2nd step, and then a slight vertical maybe to the 3rd step?

(Sorry about the smiley...I couldn't rest it!)

steevo1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.11 14:09

@steevo1962 wrote:
Moa wrote:

Steevo - I do not see the pool stairs you pointed to? And I do have my glasses on

Her left hand seems to be resting on something, maybe the 1st step, above that there is a surface maybe the 2nd step, and then a slight vertical maybe to the 3rd step?

(Sorry about the smiley...I couldn't rest it!)

rotfl I can take it , no problem rotfl

Mmmm do you mean in front of her ? bottom right? Because then I can agree, at the top right I only see the poolwalls...But I dont think the pool are high enough/ big enough to have 3 steps, do you think ? Still I dont understand why they use a professional/private photographer and then take pictures in the pool ?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum