The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Sofa + accident = death, really?

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sofa + accident = death, really?

Post by aiyoyo on 25.05.14 8:51

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
It must be more than calpol and late discovery for not sending her to the hospital, because sending her to hospital although entail telling some lies to medics is a lot less complicated than having to dispose, cover up, stage the scene, charade, tell big porkie pies to police and media, family and friends, work place etc, and still risk fear of being found out, arrest and prosecution.  

I think you are right - if the McCanns administered something to their kids, then it was something much stronger than Calpol.  If they discovered her on the morning of the 3rd behind the sofa and were worried about an autopsy, then it must have been prescription-level drugs and probably given to all 3.   If unauthorised prescription drugs had been given, and they indirectly (or directly) led to Maddie's death, then the parents were looking at a manslaughter charge at the very least.  Not to mention loss of their medical licence and potentially the removal of the twins into care.  Certainly motivation enough to consider an alternative path...

Not sure Maddie was given calpol, other prescribed (or recreational drug by mistake) or not. Maybe no drug was involved. Won't mention name but you know who I am referring to - gaunt and scrawny appearance, floating out high as kite laughing jolly at inappropriate moments are signs of drug abuse.

I suspect police's belief of drug use is correct only in that the twins were given calpol on the 3rd, sedating them, in order to stage the scene. If Maddie died on the 3rd then yes maybe she too was given the calpol or other drug, but if one believes she died earlier than 3rd, maybe the drug context does not apply to her.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 25.05.14 8:54

dantezebu wrote:I think the accident during the night scenario as described by PM is possible, except that KM strikes me as someone who would be more than just a little cross with GM and unlikely to go meekly to bed on her own, and not have any further "discussion" on the subject.

an alternative hypothetical scenario:

?post-natal depression/psychosis.
untreated or self medicated
after the birth of first child
failure to bond, difficulty in coping, lots of family and outside help, put in a creche as often as possible
recurrence of depression after birth of next pregnancy, (possibly worse if twin)
not treated, self medicated
loss of professional status,
resentful of children and husband
first week away with 3 children together without help/support,
husband reluctant to do his share
children still in creche every day,  little bonding,
possibly drugged at night
selfish unsupportive husband
excessive  alcohol
womaniser husband
isolation
body dysmorphia
extreme jealousy
child wakes up but mother wants to go and check on husband and his new best friend
mother now very angry, rage

possibly an explosive situation

Yeap, most, if not all contributory and underlying factors, and potentially dangerous in combative situation.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.05.14 9:07

Calpol does not sedate.

There were two qualified anaesthetists present, who did not check the twins when they were comatose for 10 hours.
That must tell us something.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 25.05.14 9:10

You are right PM, Calpol may cause drowsiness but won't send one into coma.
So, yeah something much stronger had to be ingested to cause long period of comatose.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 25.05.14 10:33

@jack dexter wrote:Hi
long time lurker here but felt the need to finally join in.

What i thought was interesting here is that as we know the Macs say everything for a reason. What was the night kate claimed to have slept in the kids room after a tiff. Does this tie in with this scenario.

The 2nd May is the key date in this whole affair imo and there was not a body discovered the morning of 3rd, the death had occurred and was known about by night time 2nd and it was 2nd going into 3rd that temporary removal from 5a took place.
 Kate was in the children's room because she could not bear to be in her own room, her deceased child being there, I would guess in the big blue bag in the wardrobe.

I doubt that she slept. Her husband was taking charge as I believe he has done throughout this whole affair, where panic and self-preservation took precedence over the dignity due to their first-born.

The first sign of self over child...the tearing -off of the covers of Maddie's sticker book.

We can speculate all we like about the reasons for the separate sleeping. What is a fact that Kate McCann writes in her book, for posterity, in a piece of work which is imo part fact/part fiction, that she wants it on the record that on the night in question she was sleeping in a different room[and did not see or speak to her husband until the next morning, when the storm in a teacup had blown over.]

One night when each had no knowledge of the other's movements.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 25.05.14 10:51

Strange that she even thought of including something as trivial as one-off sleeping arrangements and her once-upon-a-time non existence sex life in the bewk, when it should have been a book as somber as possible about her missing daughter.

Only someone with a personality disorder (narcissistic) would do that.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 25.05.14 16:05

@aiyoyo wrote:Actually I'm not even sure that I believe she died from having fallen behind the sofa.

The accident could have happened in the bedroom where Maddie slept that night maybe in her parents room. She could have been caught in the violent quarrel of her parents on the 2nd and accidentally ended up with a fatal blow not intended for her.

It could be that her drunkard (perhaps one of them high as kite as well) parents lost control during the quarrel, where one strike out at the other one, not realising Maddie had woken up because of their commotion, rushed towards them and  in the flow of the moments their blows meant for the other partner landed on her.
An adult lash out can be forceful and often fatal for a child.  Both her parents appear to be fiery temper people and she was caught in an unfortunate situation.  The other possibility is they saw her, ordered her to go back to bed, she refused and was struck.

Bruises on Kate's arms was inflicted by forceful restraint.  
Something must have happened to cause Gerry to restrain her by force.
IMO Maddie fallen behind a sofa and not noticed in useful time would not cause the fury and forceful restraint.  The restraint must have occurred at the time Maddie met her accident when both parents blood were still boiling.  Maybe angry Kate lashed out at Gerry (he left the dinning group early remember without waiting for her, underlying issue)  was met by Gerry trying to restrain or retaliate and somehow in the midst of this heated violent fighting Maddie met her fate.  

If she'd fallen from the forceful strike of a whack, severely injured / concussed, and died as a consequence, that would be reason to hide her from autopsy.  Drunkard fighting doctors using violence that caused the death of their first born albeit inadvertently would hit the front page news as well as give good reason for social service to take away the twins. That would be plausible reason to cover up.

She was then moved to sofa area for friends to attend/resuscitate her, failed, placed into blue bag and all the rest that follows were premeditated cover up involving the group.

Just my theory that will explain their need to cover up, and reason friends agreed to the cover up, not out of fear of neglect charge, but out of sympathy for Mccanns.  Legally or morally correct? NOPE!
But sometimes friends can be helpful in that way knowing it was a tragic accident, thinking it's pointless to turn them to Police, as it won't bring Madeleine back.

A very possible scenario. I have always thought that for the friends and family the most important argument was the twins. They just have lost a sister, don't let them loose their parents too.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 25.05.14 16:09

@aiyoyo wrote:Strange that she even thought of including something as trivial as one-off sleeping arrangements and her once-upon-a-time non existence sex life in the bewk, when it should have been a book as somber as possible about her missing daughter.  

yes the book should have been titled "I—ME—I"

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 25.05.14 16:22

@lj wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Actually I'm not even sure that I believe she died from having fallen behind the sofa.

The accident could have happened in the bedroom where Maddie slept that night maybe in her parents room. She could have been caught in the violent quarrel of her parents on the 2nd and accidentally ended up with a fatal blow not intended for her.

It could be that her drunkard (perhaps one of them high as kite as well) parents lost control during the quarrel, where one strike out at the other one, not realising Maddie had woken up because of their commotion, rushed towards them and  in the flow of the moments their blows meant for the other partner landed on her.
An adult lash out can be forceful and often fatal for a child.  Both her parents appear to be fiery temper people and she was caught in an unfortunate situation.  The other possibility is they saw her, ordered her to go back to bed, she refused and was struck.

Bruises on Kate's arms was inflicted by forceful restraint.  
Something must have happened to cause Gerry to restrain her by force.
IMO Maddie fallen behind a sofa and not noticed in useful time would not cause the fury and forceful restraint.  The restraint must have occurred at the time Maddie met her accident when both parents blood were still boiling.  Maybe angry Kate lashed out at Gerry (he left the dinning group early remember without waiting for her, underlying issue)  was met by Gerry trying to restrain or retaliate and somehow in the midst of this heated violent fighting Maddie met her fate.  

If she'd fallen from the forceful strike of a whack, severely injured / concussed, and died as a consequence, that would be reason to hide her from autopsy.  Drunkard fighting doctors using violence that caused the death of their first born albeit inadvertently would hit the front page news as well as give good reason for social service to take away the twins. That would be plausible reason to cover up.

She was then moved to sofa area for friends to attend/resuscitate her, failed, placed into blue bag and all the rest that follows were premeditated cover up involving the group.

Just my theory that will explain their need to cover up, and reason friends agreed to the cover up, not out of fear of neglect charge, but out of sympathy for Mccanns.  Legally or morally correct? NOPE!
But sometimes friends can be helpful in that way knowing it was a tragic accident, thinking it's pointless to turn them to Police, as it won't bring Madeleine back.

A very possible scenario. I have always thought that for the friends and family the most important argument was the twins. They just have lost a sister, don't let them loose their parents too.
I've always wondered if Maddie fell off the balcony onto the ground below. There is some mention of her apparently running off at bedtime, hiding outside one night and they had to go find her, to get her to bed.
Then, in (police?) photos, a long while back someone noticed that part of the balustrade seemed to be missing.
Someone else mentioned that it would be easy for a child to climb ontp one of the patio chairs, look over, climb onto, the wall and fall.
Was this the time some cadavour odour occurred ? Maddie might have woken and wandered and fallen, not to be discovered till a lot later. Perhaps that was the time she was crying, from underneath the bushes. Parents out till late. The night Mrs. Fenn told her friend of the crying below.
How this ties in with the sound stopping when the patio doors open/close (according to Mrs. Fenn) however, does not explain death and cadavour, and Kate (according to phone signals) being in the apartment.
Perhaps the bag with a body inside was deposited in the bushes for a while, maybe on a day away from the 3rd, when a car would have collected when an all clear signal was given and that would explain the trace odour, perhaps it was dropped there quickly as Jez Wilkings hovered into sight, whilst a 'grey' car was in the vicinity. All speculation, but perhaps Mark Warner felt the patio wall was a weak point and hence the sincere amount of help supplied. IMO

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 25.05.14 17:12

@lj wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Strange that she even thought of including something as trivial as one-off sleeping arrangements and her once-upon-a-time non existence sex life in the bewk, when it should have been a book as somber as possible about her missing daughter.  

Title is there, hidden 'Kate McCann 'madeleine' (though imo she would favour a capital 'M' winkwink

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 25.05.14 19:45

I
@bobbin
've always wondered if Maddie fell off the balcony onto the ground below. There is some mention of her apparently running off at bedtime, hiding outside one night and they had to go find her, to get her to bed.
Then, in (police?) photos, a long while back someone noticed that part of the balustrade seemed to be missing.
Someone else mentioned that it would be easy for a child to climb ontp one of the patio chairs, look over, climb onto, the wall and fall.
Was this the time some cadavour odour occurred ? Maddie might have woken and wandered and fallen, not to be discovered till a lot later. Perhaps that was the time she was crying, from underneath the bushes. Parents out till late. The night Mrs. Fenn told her friend of the crying below.
How this ties in with the sound stopping when the patio doors open/close (according to Mrs. Fenn) however, does not explain death and cadavour, and Kate (according to phone signals) being in the apartment.
Perhaps the bag with a body inside was deposited in the bushes for a while, maybe on a day away from the 3rd, when a car would have collected when an all clear signal was given and that would explain the trace odour, perhaps it was dropped there quickly as Jez Wilkings hovered into sight, whilst a 'grey' car was in the vicinity. All speculation, but perhaps Mark Warner felt the patio wall was a weak point and hence the sincere amount of help supplied. IMO

I think the "Maddie ! Maddie !" or "Daddy! Daddy!" and the crying heard by neighbour (Fenn ?) must have been the night she met her fate. She must have been disturbed by her quarrelling / fighting parents, woke up frightened crying and calling in raised voice "Daddy Daddy", or one of her parents was shouting "Maddie Maddie" in panic at injured/falling Maddie when s/he realised she'd been hit by accident.

Or the crying and then the shouting of names was a combination of Maddie Maddie Daddy Daddy from both sides occurring almost simultaneously with spilt seconds in between. Crying stops when she was incapacitated by her injuries. The patio doors opening/closing heard by upstair neighbour must have been either Gerry going out to summon next door friends; or next door friends arriving having being summoned by mobile; can't have been sleeping yet since only having got in from dinning a short while ago (likely this latter scenario). Kate's presence in apt supported by phone signals as you pointed out might have been she was the one who had summoned friends next door.

The crying, stopping (assuming comforted by couple seen going into 5A) claimed by passer-by might tie in with timing Maddie was heard crying, stopped because injured, friends going into 5A to help. Kate & Gerry would have calmed down considerably from their boiled blood emotions, subdued and anxious over Maddie's injuries.

Fallen from balcony to ground level and died there is not impossible, but since dogs did not mark there, probability is not there. Assuming we know she was placed into blue bag and taken out, the bag must at some point have been laid alternately behind sofa and inside cupboard (or her body had been moved alternately between sofa and cupboard to hide her from view of twins) and the bag must have been at some point the following day also parked/laid onto the bush, checking no human traffic before heading out. Gerry must have been highly vigilant, wary of human traffic, not wanting to be seen existing his apt with a heavy bag in hand.

Debating your point : -
Had he placed the bag atop the bush when he was caught surprise by Jez, would Jez not have seen it?
Blue against green on alleviated position is quite eyes catching. Just thinking whether this could be possible scenario....uhmmm....no really imv......

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 25.05.14 19:50

@lj wrote:

You forgot the '-AND-MOI-MYSELF'  big grin 

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on 25.05.14 20:22

The way the book was advertised, we were all led to believe it was going to be an account of the truth - to my mind, to publicly advertise a book that would contain the truth  should have meant the book was going to be devoted to the events surrounding the issues  of the Mccann's missing child. 

I have never read Kate Mccann's book for the simple reason that I was made aware it also contained needless and personal information about her -therefore, I have given it a miss as I am only interested in the truth of what happened to her little girl.

I suppose its possible the book may only have contained a few pages and would have resembled a thin wafer so wouldn't have warranted the price being asked so was bulked up instead.

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 25.05.14 23:01

@PeterMac wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
In a case of death caused by acccidental injury there would be no need for any parent to fear the outcome of a post-mortem, but the same cannot be said if death had occurred due to non-accidental injury and, more particularly, if it was probable that an autopsy would reveal past abuse of a similar nature.    

OR the death was accidental, but the body was not discovered for so long that it was obvious that the children had been badly neglected.
To spell it out, found the following morning down the back of the sofa, cold and stiff, having not even been checked when they each went to bed.

Even then they had a possible get out clause, they could have claied they came in and went traight to bed not checking on the children and only found Maddie the following morning when they went to wake her up.
She wasn't in bed and they found her behind the sofa.

they could have claimed she died whilst they were asleep in bed after perhaps finding some pills they hadn't put away securely.

This would have covered the sedation and the time of death, accidents happen, they should have checked before hitting the sack and didn't.

Since they were so firmly sticking with the abduction theory,they had to  claim neglect and abduction, there was clearly something on or in the body that could not be explained away as an accident.
Abduction by paedophile would cover anything found on or in the body (unless it was DNA realting to one or more of the group)

Perhaps there were signs of other long term injuries healed or otherwise that had been unreported.
Being doctors they treated her themselves and would also fit in with her being off school 5 times for colds and also the lack of doctors visits for routine checkups etc, especially with a coloboma.

Whatever it was, they had to make sure there could be no autopsy on fresh remains.

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppyfox on 25.05.14 23:28

Deleted Poppyfox, not sure, but a bit worried about that post, could be libellous

Poppyfox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 25.05.14 23:43

@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@lj wrote:

Title is there, hidden 'Kate McCann 'madeleine' (though imo she would favour a capital 'M' winkwink

lol4 

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 26.05.14 0:00

@Mirage wrote:
@lj wrote:

You forgot the '-AND-MOI-MYSELF'   big grin 

Yeah!

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jack dexter on 26.05.14 1:54

@aiyoyo wrote:
I
@bobbin
've always wondered if Maddie fell off the balcony onto the ground below. There is some mention of her apparently running off at bedtime, hiding outside one night and they had to go find her, to get her to bed.

I think the "Maddie ! Maddie !" or "Daddy! Daddy!" and the crying heard by neighbour (Fenn ?) must have been the night she met her fate.  She must have been disturbed by her quarrelling / fighting parents, woke up frightened crying and calling in raised voice "Daddy Daddy", or one of her parents was shouting "Maddie Maddie" in panic at injured/falling Maddie when s/he realised she'd been hit by accident.

Or the crying and then the shouting of names was a combination of Maddie Maddie Daddy Daddy from both sides occurring almost simultaneously with spilt seconds in between.  Crying stops when she was incapacitated by her injuries. The patio doors opening/closing heard by upstair neighbour must have been either Gerry going out to summon next door friends; or next door friends arriving having being summoned by mobile; can't have been sleeping yet since only having got in from dinning a short while ago (likely this latter scenario).  Kate's presence in apt supported by phone signals as you pointed out might have been she was the one who had summoned friends next door.

The crying, stopping (assuming comforted by couple seen going into 5A) claimed by passer-by might tie in with timing Maddie was heard crying, stopped because injured, friends going into 5A to help.  Kate & Gerry would have calmed down considerably from their boiled blood emotions, subdued and anxious over Maddie's injuries.

Fallen from balcony to ground level and died there is not impossible, but since dogs did not mark there, probability is not there.  Assuming we know she was placed into blue bag and taken out, the bag must at some point have been laid alternately behind sofa and inside cupboard (or her body had been moved alternately between sofa and cupboard to hide her from view of twins) and the bag must have been at some point the following day also parked/laid onto the bush, checking no human traffic before heading out.  Gerry must have been highly vigilant, wary of human traffic, not wanting to be seen existing his apt with a heavy bag in hand.

Debating your point : -
Had he placed the bag atop the bush when he was caught surprise by Jez, would Jez not have seen it?
Blue against green on alleviated position is quite eyes catching.  Just thinking whether this could be possible scenario....uhmmm....no really imv......

It can't have been Maddie Maddie as Kate clearly states that they have never used that name.

jack dexter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 26.05.14 2:01

It can't have been Maddie Maddie as Kate clearly states that they have never used that name.

Even though one of the nannies in the creche clearly states that's how Madeleine "presented herself" ("Maddie") when she was first introduced in the creche.

And when Kate and Gerry were displaying a set of pyjamas in public, one of the twins clearly said, "Maddie's pyjamas"

Hmm.
I tend not to believe anything Kate or Gerry say or have said. For obvious reasons.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jack dexter on 26.05.14 2:13

@canada12 wrote:It can't have been Maddie Maddie as Kate clearly states that they have never used that name.

Even though one of the nannies in the creche clearly states that's how Madeleine "presented herself" ("Maddie") when she was first introduced in the creche.

And when Kate and Gerry were displaying a set of pyjamas in public, one of the twins clearly said, "Maddie's pyjamas"

Hmm.
I tend not to believe anything Kate or Gerry say or have said. For obvious reasons.

Must be another white lie Canada. Think the fact they go out of their way far to much to cover there tracks will come back and bit them soon.

jack dexter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 26.05.14 4:37

@jack dexter wrote:
@canada12 wrote:It can't have been Maddie Maddie as Kate clearly states that they have never used that name.

Must be another white lie Canada. Think the fact they go out of their way far to much to cover there tracks will come back and bit them soon.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id169.html

[color:fb4c=0DD8E6]Madeleine or Maddie?

[color:fb4c=000000]"Madeleine called herself 'Madeleine', and that was very much the name in the family as well, so that makes us wonder if this was indeed Madeleine," said Clarence Mitchell to the BBC in August 2008, in relation to another false 'sighting'.

[color:fb4c=000000]
[color:fb4c=000000]The 'Look for Maddie' presentation in Madrid

[color:fb4c=000000]In spite of Mr Mitchell's words, all the nannies who came into contact with Madeleine at the Ocean Club claim that Madeleine was presented to them under the diminutive "Maddie". 

Indeed, the rest of the family, including Gerry and the twins, all refer to Madeleine as 'Maddie'. 

Which begs the question: Why is Kate now saying that they "never called her anything like that" and that 'Maddie' was a name "invented" by the media?

[color:fb4c=000000]The McCanns never called Madeleine 'Maddie'?

Kate McCann

"My consolation is that on the cover he calls her Maddie, the name that the media have invented. We never called her anything like that."

Expresso interview, Kate talks about 'The Truth of the Lie' by Gonçalo Amaral, published 06 September 2008

Kate McCann

"She has a lot of personality and her name actually means 'tower of strength'. But she hated it when we called her Maddie - she'd say, 'My name is Madeleine', with an indignant look on her face."

Women's Own interview, published 13 August 2007

Kate McCann

"Maybe because they're growing. They express themselves better. When they see Madeleine's cat, they say "Maddie". When they see her bag, as well."

Paris Match interview, talking about the twins, 04 September 2007

Gerry McCann

'April 2005- Back in Leicester and looking for a job. Now father of three with Sean and Amelie joing Maddie.'

Gerry's Friends Reunited entry, April 2005 - entry updated May 2007 but 'Maddie' remained 

Gerry McCann

"Today we think that if Maddie had been taken or killed quickly, there would have been evidence [of this]."

Paris Match interview, 04 September 2007

Madeleine's Fund launched

By phone:
Text "MADDIE" to 60999 and £1 will be taken from your phone for the Madeleine Fund. (Standard network charges apply)

FindMadeleine.com, 16 May 2007

Trish Cameron (Gerry's sister)

"When Kate checked, she came out screaming. Maddy had gone. The door was open and the window in the bedroom and shutters were jemmied open."

Daily Mirror, 05 May 2007 [color:fb4c=000000]Link

Eileen McCann (Gerry's mother)

"Anyone who knows Gerry and Kate knows that they cherished Maddie."

"Somebody came into Maddie's room, carried her out in her pyjamas..."

The Sun, 28 April 2008 

John McCann (Gerry's brother)

"They're much more positive about things that can be done to get Maddy back."

Liverpool Daily Post, 10 May 2007

"We are hoping this is going to be resolved very soon. We have got one objective - we want to get our darling wee Maddy back."

Daily Mirror, 10 May 2007 

"Kate dressed Amelie in her sister's pyjamas and the baby said: 'Maddy's jammies. Where is Maddy?'"

Sydney Morning Herald, 15 May 2007

Susan Healy (Kate's mother)

"This is a set-up. Maddie is Kate and Gerry's world. They would never do anything to harm her."

Daily Mail, 08 September 2007 

Susan Healy (Kate's mother)

"We want her back, we're not going to accept that Maddie's gone from our life altogether."

Antena3 interview, 22 October 2007

Jon Corner

"Kate phoned me in the early hours totally devastated.

"She just told me that Maddy had been abducted, that the shutters of the apartment had been forced and someone had taken her.

"Maddy was asleep in the room with Sean and Amelie and whoever has taken her has gone straight past the sleeping twins, left them completely alone and snatched Maddy."

Liverpool Daily Post, 06 May 2007

Mark McQueen (Sean's godfather)

"We know Maddie very well. She is an adorable, glorious and funny three-year-old."

Liverpool Confidential, 09 May 2007 

Charlotte Pennington (Ocean Club nanny)

'The informant adds that Madeleine was usually called "Maddie" given that it was under that name that Madeleine introduced herself to the informant, the shortened form of her first name.'

Excerpt summary of Charlotte Pennington's police interview on 07 May 2007

[color:fb4c=000000]Charlotte Pennington (Ocean Club nanny)

"She didn't get the name, but she said it sounded something like 'Abbey, Gabby or Maddie'. We automatically went into lost-child procedure. In these situations, the first thing we do is investigate the scene.

"We knew that one of the other nanny's charges was called Maddie."

Charlotte Pennington (Ocean Club nanny)

'... a woman she did not know, but who must have been a tourist, went to their building asking if they were aware of the disappearance of a child called "Maggie" or "Maddie".'

Excerpt summary of Charlotte Pennington's police interview on 07 May 2007

Ocean Club nannies

'all the child-care workers, having contact with Madeleine, state that Madeleine introduced herself to them by her shortened name "Maddie".'

Excerpt summary of police interviews carried out from 05 May 2007 to 07 May 2007

Russell O'Brien (Tapas 7)

'Kate returned through the reception area standing at the end of the path near the stones, and yelled over towards our table in the Tapas bar I cannot recall exactly what she yelled but it was along the lines of Maddy is missing. We all got up immediately except Dianne who remained at the table.'

Excerpt from rogatory interview, 10 April 2010

Parents' anguish as toddler is 'abducted'...

'But when Ms McCann, a GP, checked at 9.45pm, Madeleine,­ known to her family as "Maddy",­ had gone.'

The Independent, 05 May 2007 

'Maddy was abducted... '

'She (Jill Renwick) said Madeleine - known as Maddy - was "gorgeous, active and chatty and intelligent, not shy".

Daily Mail, 05 May 2007

Maddy, 3 goes missing

'A friend said: "Kate rang us totally hysterical, saying Maddy was abducted. They're devastated."'

Daily Mirror, 05 May 2007

Pat Perkins (close family friend)

'Whether you are in the UK, Portugal, Europe or beyond, please forward to all your family, friends,colleagues and business associates. Someone out there will have some information that will lead to Maddy's return.

The internet can be a powerful tool in finding Maddy, who is so loved and missed by us all.

Let's use it positively.

Please pray for Madeleine and all the family at this devastating time.

We need your help. We know you won't let Maddy down.'

extract from chain e-mail sent 07 May 2007

[color:fb4c=000000]Text "MADDIE" to 'Help find Madenleine'

Madeleine's Fund launched FindMadeleine.com (see screenshot below)

The Madeleine Fund - 'Leaving No Stone Unturned' Appeal

Wednesday, 16 May 2007

Funds will be used to help find Madeleine McCann, support her family and bring her abductors to justice. Any surplus funds will be used to help families and missing children in United Kingdom, Portugal and elsewhere in similar circumstances.

By phone:
Text "MADDIE" to 60999 and £1 will be taken from your phone for the Madeleine Fund. (Standard network charges apply)

(...)

[color:fb4c=000000]If you enlarge the screenshots below, you will see that the original versions of the official site asked people to 'Help find Madenleine'. It is surprising that this glaring error was carried thoughtlessly over from the original 'bringmadeleinehome.com' site without correction.

Watching

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 26.05.14 5:42

Hey Watching - I'm agreeing with you! Good work on tracking down all the "Maddie" references, by the way!

My comment was this:

(I was quoting Jack Dexter!)

And then my response to Jack Dexter was:

Hmm.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 26.05.14 9:37

Of all the above, I think GM's 'Friends Reunited' page spells it out the best, way before the various statements and the media got involved.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 26.05.14 20:33

@jack dexter wrote:[

We know Kate has a nose bird can park to crap on.
Imagine in a panic/emergency situation Kate's shouting "Madeleine ! Madeleine !"

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 27.05.14 3:38

@aiyoyo wrote:
@jack dexter wrote:[

We know Kate has a nose bird can park to crap on.
Imagine in a panic/emergency situation Kate's shouting "Madeleine ! Madeleine !"

This really made me laugh because it sounds so nuts, but what does it exactly mean, and where does it come from?

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum