The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Twitter Antics - Page 2 Mm11

Twitter Antics - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Twitter Antics - Page 2 Mm11

Twitter Antics - Page 2 Regist10

Twitter Antics

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Twitter Antics - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter Antics

Post by Jill Havern 07.10.11 8:02

Gillyspot wrote:You are coming back on twitter though? Please say you are. empathy

Thanks Gillyspot but I don't like my account being used to spam people so while this 'game' is ongoing then I won't be back because with a deactivated account I can't be blamed for participating. nah

However, please feel free to update this thread if the coast is clear and you and others stop getting these DM's.....I have 29 more days to reactivate the account before it is deleted.

I'm really not keen on these social networking sites - I've already deleted my Facebook account because someone was annoyed that Brenda Ryan was a 'friend' (before she became a McCann supporter) and started to make an issue of it. Rather than get involved with disputes I just tend to pull the plug as there are far more important things in life to be doing.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 8:07

I got a new one from abuseofpower yesterday, so two in 3 days from you, thought I would let you know :)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 07.10.11 8:14

I deactivated my account around 8pm yesterday, so hopefully you or anyone else won't get any more.

Please let me know if you do.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 07.10.11 11:19

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
Gillyspot wrote:You are coming back on twitter though? Please say you are. empathy

Thanks Gillyspot but I don't like my account being used to spam people so while this 'game' is ongoing then I won't be back because with a deactivated account I can't be blamed for participating. nah

However, please feel free to update this thread if the coast is clear and you and others stop getting these DM's.....I have 29 more days to reactivate the account before it is deleted.

Will Do.

I'm really not keen on these social networking sites - I've already deleted my Facebook account because someone was annoyed that Brenda Ryan was a 'friend' (before she became a McCann supporter) and started to make an issue of it. Rather than get involved with disputes I just tend to pull the plug as there are far more important things in life to be doing.

I understand your point but I was made aware of the case by someone I was following on twitter and that is why I am now on this great site and also campaigning for justice for Madeleine there there too.

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Twitter Antics - Page 2 Empty OFF TOPIC

Post by Guest 07.10.11 12:26

Just found a twitter joke :

OJ Simpson, Michael Barrymore, Kate McCann, Gerry McCann, and Amanda Knox walk into a bar. No they didn't, and you can't prove they did.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 07.10.11 13:32

Twitter Antics - Page 2 Twitte10

bigshock

Someone has reactivated my account wtf

I don't know if it's been used to spam anyone again but I've just changed the password and deactivated it again.

Haven't these people got anything better to do?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 13:46

Get'em, change your password again using the on screen key pad not your normal key board and make it 13+ characters long using numbers and symbols.

You may have a key stroke tracker on your computer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 07.10.11 13:48

On screen key pad? What's that?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 07.10.11 13:55

Found it!

Not too fussed about twitter but I've used it to change the password for the forum.

Thanks for that! thumbsup

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 13:57

Always use this for passwords, as they cannot track your key strokes. big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 07.10.11 13:58

Brilliant tip Stella, thank you airkiss

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 14:05

You should still sort twitter out as well, to stop them impersonating you. yes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 07.10.11 14:08

Yes, I will if it gets reactivated again.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 14:14

Another tip, if you ever have something private and confidential to write to anyone. Use another computer not connected to the internet to type it up on and use a memory stick to transfer it to your main computer, just copy and paste it into an email, then send. Again, key tracker no good for them. Ha, ha. sarcastic

Frequently change your passwords, never sit on them for too long. I know it's a pain, but it's part of their game and tell 'em notme
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 14:16

Just googled about this info and it can still be hacked. He's good old Leo, often visit and ask questions there.

Will using an on screen keyboard stop keyboard loggers and hackers?

The short answer is very simple: no.

All the techie explanation here..................

http://ask-leo.com/will_using_an_on_screen_keyboard_stop_keyboard_loggers_and_hackers.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 14:25

From the site in link below...................

The on screen keyboard application is a "virtual" keyboard. It effectively has its own device driver, and to Windows "looks like" a real keyboard. As a result, the keystrokes it sends onto Windows can quite easily be captured by the same key logging software that's capturing keystrokes from the real keyboard, if that key logger has installed itself into the proper place.

But it gets worse. Much worse, actually.

Let's assume that the keystroke logger is not able to capture the keystrokes from the virtual on-screen keyboard.

A keystroke logger can capture a lot more than just keystrokes, so perhaps it'll capture something else instead.

You use the virtual keyboard by using your mouse to point and click at the image of a key on the keyboard. A keystroke logger could then capture on every mouse click:

the location of the mouse on the screen

a screen shot image of the screen, or just the area "around" the mouse pointer

What the key logger has done is captured a series of images showing exactly where you clicked and in what order. In other words, it's captured your virtual keystrokes.

Note that this approach to key logging also bypasses one of the more common so-called security techniques of randomizing the keyboard layout on the screen. You still have to be able to see where to click, and the logger simply logs what you see and where you click, regardless of how the keyboard is laid out.

How big a threat is this?

It depends on whom you ask. In my opinion "normal" keystroke loggers - those that record only keystrokes - are a fairly common threat, and are one part of the reason that anti-malware protection and general internet safety common sense in general is so important. So yes, they're out there.

The real question is how pervasive are these more sophisticated screen capturing keyloggers? It's hard to say, but we do know that malware creators have continued to escalate their attacks, both in technique and in scope. It wouldn't surprise me to see these types of malware increase in frequency.

And I, personally, wouldn't rely on a virtual keyboard of any sort as a security measure.

http://ask-leo.com/will_using_an_on_screen_keyboard_stop_keyboard_loggers_and_hackers.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 14:25

Well that's interesting. But reading that he did seem to say it might stop most of them, but a few high tech individuals may be able to bypass that. So it's still worth trying, as I doubt we have the CIA trying to hack into here. big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 14:29

Someone on that link at the bottom has found a way round it. big grin

One method that DOES defeat keyloggers (correct me if I'm wrong) is moving the cursor mid-password by clicking it in a different location or even outside the password field.

For instance, if your password is "12534," first type "1234," click the mouse after the second character, and type in "5." The keylogger will record "12345" but the browser will send your correct password to the server. To further thwart the attacker, after typing "5" click the mouse anywhere outside the field and type "67"; then, click the mouse in the password field again and hit Enter. The keylogger will record "1234567," which is nowhere near the real "12534" password.

It should go without saying but, for this to work, you HAVE to use the mouse and not the arrow keys on the keyboard!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 14:33

Stella wrote:Someone on that link at the bottom has found a way round it. big grin

One method that DOES defeat keyloggers (correct me if I'm wrong) is moving the cursor mid-password by clicking it in a different location or even outside the password field.

For instance, if your password is "12534," first type "1234," click the mouse after the second character, and type in "5." The keylogger will record "12345" but the browser will send your correct password to the server. To further thwart the attacker, after typing "5" click the mouse anywhere outside the field and type "67"; then, click the mouse in the password field again and hit Enter. The keylogger will record "1234567," which is nowhere near the real "12534" password.

It should go without saying but, for this to work, you HAVE to use the mouse and not the arrow keys on the keyboard!

But this is Leo's reply to that above question Stella...

This will not defeat keyloggers. Keyloggers often log much more than keystrokes, and include mouse movements, clicks and even screen shots.

05-Nov-2010
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 15:15

Scrambling the password as above, seems to be quite popular elsewhere in resolving this issue.

http://www.intrepid.com.au/how-to-defeat-a-hardware-or-software-keylogger/

Leo is probably right Candyfloss you cannot simply stop everyone, i.e. the top level hackers in the world, but this will stop all the others.

Let's face it, if you have the CIA, MI6 or anyone else like that trying to get on your computer, you've had it !!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by scotclogs 08.10.11 6:21

Moa wrote:Just found a twitter joke :

OJ Simpson, Michael Barrymore, Kate McCann, Gerry McCann, and Amanda Knox walk into a bar. No they didn't, and you can't prove they did.
laugh laugh
scotclogs
scotclogs

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum