The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerr's main ambition

Post by tigger on 04.11.11 20:57

@pauline wrote:perhaps this is rather nasty of me, but looking at the two videos just posted of Philomena mccann, i hadn't realised that she is medically obese.

Now with a brother and sister in law both doctors wouldn't you think gerry and kate could have a tactful word with her. If she could run like kate, and play as much tennis as gerry, it would do wonders for her health.

Gerry's main ambition I think, was to get as far away from his family as possible. Considering that he comes out as the most presentable and handsome, that gives a clue what the others are like. Mum Eileen doesn't look sweetness and light exactly. Strangely, one hardly hears anything about her.
He wanted to stay in New Zealand and when that didn't work, I think he hit on Portugal as a good spot. Problem is, you can take the boy out of Glasgow, but you can't get Glasgow out of the boy.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley

Post by anil39200 on 04.11.11 21:12

one of the narciss violin istic traits of some people who do very bad things is to believe they are are in, or belong in, a place which is far superior to the rest of the world, by taking the boy out of Glasgow it is an attempt to reinvent the man!

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 04.11.11 21:33

From the OC bar staff statements, they all said that each night gerry was the loud one of the 9 and seemed to be the dominant character of the pack...just a little insight to his character in private

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 04.11.11 22:13

Molly wrote:
@pauline wrote:perhaps this is rather nasty of me, but looking at the two videos just posted of Philomena mccann, i hadn't realised that she is medically obese.

Now with a brother and sister in law both doctors wouldn't you think gerry and kate could have a tactful word with her. If she could run like kate, and play as much tennis as gerry, it would do wonders for her health.

Followed by a slap up tapas meal and 14 bottles of NZ wine?

There is NO EVIDENCE that the 14 bottles of wine consumed by the tapasniks that night was NZ wine. Wine imported that far is likely to be quite expensive. It is more likely that it was the house Portuguese wine. Much cheaper. And remember paying for the nannies to babysit the children was clearly an expense not to be considered, so the drink bill for the evening of conviviality was perhaps an issue too ?!

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

what about brekkers?

Post by russiandoll on 05.11.11 19:19

Kate in her book was rather amused and put out that she and the family were sighted in the Millenium restaurant when she is adamant that due to distance they had breakfast in the apartment. I read somewhere, not sure if the case[ could always check on MW website] that breakfast at this place was included, so it makes sense to eat there...and the lack of a buggy distance excuse does not wash as the pair borrowed a buggy from MW to take the twins to the beach.
Maybe they had to save on wine bill because of all those tennis lessons, or were they included too?

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.11.11 20:21

@russiandoll wrote:Kate in her book was rather amused and put out that she and the family were sighted in the Millenium restaurant when she is adamant that due to distance they had breakfast in the apartment. I read somewhere, not sure if the case[ could always check on MW website] that breakfast at this place was included, so it makes sense to eat there...and the lack of a buggy distance excuse does not wash as the pair borrowed a buggy from MW to take the twins to the beach.
Maybe they had to save on wine bill because of all those tennis lessons, or were they included too?

According to this they were included...................

09 May 2007 1:32 PM

My experience of Maddie's resort in Praia de Luz, the Algarve

[quote ..snipped]
Around that pool was the Tapas bar which was in high demand every night. Most guests went to the buffet at the Ocean Club’s Millennium restaurant, a 10-minute walk away from the McCanns’ apartment. But eager guests would queue from 9am to book one of the limited number of tables at the Tapas bar, which served barbecued fish and meat dishes to order. Both restaurants were included in the price of the holiday.

Andrew Oxlade, Editor, This is Money

http://anmblog.typepad.com/this_is_money_blog/2007/05/my_experience_o.html

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum