The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The 'implausible' does happen - therefore 'the Pro's' are wrong

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

solved Re: The 'implausible' does happen - therefore 'the Pro's' are wrong

Post by Marian on 29.09.11 13:28

I was very young at the time of the Hanratty case but I can remember a little about it. There did seem to be a lot of doubt as to whether the right man had been convicted but the DNA evidence was to prove conclusive that he had. It was indeed sad that his family could not come to terms with the result. I haven't heard anything in recent years about the case - perhaps most of the relatives are now dead.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmac on 30.09.11 1:13

If the McCann`s had slipped away quietly four years ago I would have probably forgotten about them by now. The trouble is they are always grabbing headlines. What bugs me is that we are expected to accept the abduction hypothesis on blind faith, which means swallowing a lot of contradictory nonsense. There is never any satisfactory conclusion, justice done, child found, lessons learned, or whatever brings closure to a case.

Do the McCanns and pro-McCanners not realise that is asking too much of people? I think we are being insulted. There are values such as truth and justice that are more important than believing the best and never mind the evidence. Adopting a critical approach to the case has nothing to do with hating the McCanns or anybody else.

jmac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.09.11 7:53

clapping1 Well said jmac and welcome to this forum..

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 30.09.11 15:14

@Gillyspot wrote:

But Kate and Gerry are "DOCTORS" and doctors are perfect, truthful and honest in every way (except Harold Shipman, Dr Crippen, etc of course)

That's right Gillyspot, people have been conditioned to believe that because the Mccanns are Dr's with a nice respectable middle class lifestyle that it's implausable they would lie. Yet, the Gaspars, who are in much the same position in life, well for some strange reason it becomes implausable that they're telling the truth? Where's the logic in that I ask?

I also agree that Dr's aren't the 'gods in white coats' that some of the more deluded ones think they are. I'm not a fan of the modern day medical establishment, especially as I see it move more and more towards eugenics.

Sorry, a bit off topic but this recent article about Dr
Karim Aly, an anaesthetist, found dead in a hospital in Brigend (Brigend again? crikey what's happening in that place?) is quite bizarre. I'm surprised the media haven't made more of a fuss over this case:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8787944/Murder-inquiry-after-doctors-body-found-in-locked-hospital-room.html

Murder inquiry after doctor’s body found in locked hospital room

The discovery of a doctor’s body in a hospital bathroom has turned into a
possible murder investigation after a media storm in his native Egypt.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.09.11 15:22

I watched a programme last night on Crime and Investigation and this man was mentioned...............

[snipped]
The Case of Rapist Dr. Edward F. Jackson

The case of Dr. Edward F. Jackson combined the elements of a lurid crime novel with an almost Shakespearean theme – a brilliant, prideful physician brought down by a fatal flaw. He was a man with a Jekyll-Hyde personality. By day, he was a respected internist. At night, he was a rapist, breaking and entering women’s apartments.

by Barbara Kussow

Dr. Edward F. Jackson’s respectable life began to unravel shortly after 6 a.m., on September 5, 1982. Jackson, a 38-year-old, prominent black physician in Columbus, Ohio, was arrested in the home of two women who were not at home at the time.

http://www.crimemagazine.com/case-rapist-dr-edward-f-jackson

Back to top Go down

solved Channel 4 programme at 20.00 on Monday 3rd October

Post by Guest on 01.10.11 10:56

Entitled "Can you trust your doctor?: Dispatches" the review in the Radio Times says:

As the Government prepares to hand over more control and responsibility to Britain's GPs, Jon Snow investigates how much we are told about the medical competence of our doctors. He uncovers disturbing evidence that even GPs who have been punished by the authorities in the past are not checked up on regularly.

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 01.10.11 11:35

Jean wrote:Entitled "Can you trust your doctor?: Dispatches" the review in the Radio Times says:

As the Government prepares to hand over more control and responsibility to Britain's GPs, Jon Snow investigates how much we are told about the medical competence of our doctors. He uncovers disturbing evidence that even GPs who have been punished by the authorities in the past are not checked up on regularly.
Thanks Jean, will try and catch this! :-)

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum