The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

See you in Court Mr and Mrs McCann

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: See you in Court Mr and Mrs McCann

Post by vaguely1 on 22.01.10 19:06

Oh thank god for that, I thought I was in danger of winning an argument.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle on 22.01.10 19:10

@ufercoffy wrote:A hotel is a little different to an apartment with an unlocked patio door right next to a main road.

Why is it, some hotels are huge.
So if this had happened in a hotel the McCanns would not have been neglectful, and you would feel different about the whole thing then.

twinkle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 22.01.10 19:14

Vaguely, at least we both give the thumbs down to baby listening services, def with you on that laugh

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 22.01.10 19:16

@twinkle wrote:
@ufercoffy wrote:A hotel is a little different to an apartment with an unlocked patio door right next to a main road.

So if this had happened in a hotel the McCanns would not have been neglectful, and you would feel different about the whole thing then.

It didn't happen in a hotel. It happened in an apartment with an unlocked patio door next to a main road. Three children were left every night in those conditions... an accident/abduction waiting to happen. And it did.

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 22.01.10 19:18

@Autumn wrote:Vaguely, at least we both give the thumbs down to baby listening services, def with you on that laugh

Hurrah, common ground!

We must always remember this moment and treasure it. I'm off to bookmark this page.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle on 22.01.10 19:22

@ufercoffy wrote:
@twinkle wrote:

It didn't happen in a hotel. It happened in an apartment with an unlocked patio door next to a main road. Three children were left every night in those conditions... an accident/abduction waiting to happen. And it did.

I don't disagree, just trying to understand in my head what people deem as an acceptable listening service and what isn't. Whether it is location etc...
For me, neither. I think if this had happened in a hotel the feelings about the McCanns would be the same.

twinkle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 22.01.10 19:36

@twinkle wrote:
@ufercoffy wrote:
@twinkle wrote:

I don't disagree, just trying to understand in my head what people deem as an acceptable listening service and what isn't. Whether it is location etc...
For me, neither. I think if this had happened in a hotel the feelings about the McCanns would be the same.

I can't answer that because, to be honest, I never realised baby listening services even existed. I just don't think it's right wherever it is. In a hotel it would be like being on the ground floor next to a public car park with the window left open and then being shocked that your chiid got pinched. On a higher floor, eg, anything could happen - a baby choking, a young child getting out of bed and sticking wet fingers in a plug socket. Or a fire breaking out on the ground floor and the children stranded alone on a higher level. It doesn't bear thinking about.

For an abductor to get in to snatch a child from a higher level than a ground floor room with an open window, the person would have to walk through reception and back again carrying a child.

My daughter lives on a quiet estate within a minutes walk of Tesco express and I asked her if she would consider popping out for a bottle of milk leaving her baby indoors with the front door open (which would literally take her less than 5 minutes) and I bet you can guess what her reaction was. So why do it in a foreign country?

What possible excuse is there to leave a child alone? Three children at that, not just one night but every night.

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 22.01.10 19:46

Hi
I have mentioned this before. If the McCanns had used the nursery service in the evening and one of the nannies had been outside having a ciggie with a mate or a chat and a glass of wine and had only poked her head in every 30 minutes to check for crying, and Madeleine had gone missing, would people have defended the nanny? Would the McCanns have felt it within the bounds of responsible nannying I wonder?

Take care

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 22.01.10 19:55

@Kololi wrote:Hi
I have mentioned this before. If the McCanns had used the nursery service in the evening and one of the nannies had been outside having a ciggie with a mate or a chat and a glass of wine and had only poked her head in every 30 minutes to check for crying, and Madeleine had gone missing, would people have defended the nanny? Would the McCanns have felt it within the bounds of responsible nannying I wonder?

Take care

It seems to me pretty much nobody did, does or will on this forum, or on any other forum I've been on.

I'm not convinced of the need for evangelism amongst the faithful -

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal on 22.01.10 23:29

@ufercoffy wrote:
@twinkle wrote:
@ufercoffy wrote:
@twinkle wrote:

I can't answer that because, to be honest, I never realised baby listening services even existed. I just don't think it's right wherever it is. In a hotel it would be like being on the ground floor next to a public car park with the window left open and then being shocked that your chiid got pinched. On a higher floor, eg, anything could happen - a baby choking, a young child getting out of bed and sticking wet fingers in a plug socket. Or a fire breaking out on the ground floor and the children stranded alone on a higher level. It doesn't bear thinking about.

For an abductor to get in to snatch a child from a higher level than a ground floor room with an open window, the person would have to walk through reception and back again carrying a child.

My daughter lives on a quiet estate within a minutes walk of Tesco express and I asked her if she would consider popping out for a bottle of milk leaving her baby indoors with the front door open (which would literally take her less than 5 minutes) and I bet you can guess what her reaction was. So why do it in a foreign country?

What possible excuse is there to leave a child alone? Three children at that, not just one night but every night.

There is no excuse. Not for anyone here anyway. The McCanns childcare arrangements held numerous risks for which Madeleine paid the price. It's how she paid the price thats the real though issue isn't it? I think the anger with the McCanns has taken over any real discussion.

thinking

Pascal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 22.01.10 23:54

The McCanns and their group have been evasive and obstructive from the outset. There are serious concerns about the Fund they set up and agencies they have used, paid from the Fund of course.
Had they assisted the police with the investigation, returned for a reconstruction, answered the questions to the best of their ability, people would feel better disposed towards them.

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 22.01.10 23:58

@Pascal wrote:
@ufercoffy wrote:
@twinkle wrote:
@ufercoffy wrote:
@twinkle wrote:

There is no excuse. Not for anyone here anyway. The McCanns childcare arrangements held numerous risks for which Madeleine paid the price. It's how she paid the price thats the real though issue isn't it? I think the anger with the McCanns has taken over any real discussion.

thinking

I would agree. Just anger and annoyance in general about all sorts of things.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold on 23.01.10 16:22

We are human. Of course we feel anger towards the Mccanns. If we have children we imagine our children being left alone, defenceless, crying, and it's unbearable. We compare our attitude towards our children to those of the Mccanns and can't imagine ever behaving that way and in such an irresponsible fashion. If, at the very least, 'all' they did was leave their children alone night after night while they were out drinking that's enough to disgust me to the max. Even after Madeleine asked why they weren't there to comfort them, out they went again. How callous, how indifferent to your children's well being can you get? And they weren't young parents, not an excuse there. It breaks people hearts to imagine what Madeleine went through because of her parents. OF COURSE people are angry; very angry.

marigold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 23.01.10 17:31

maybe we're just coming at it from a different angle.

Don't imagine your children left alone and crying - there's enough misery in life without putting yourself through the emotional turmoil of unnecessary voluntary upset.

Enjoy your children, don't link them to sad emotions like that.

I tend to find that comparing myself to other parents either makes me feel superior, or inadequate. I gave it up a long time ago.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal on 23.01.10 20:45

Thats so true Vaguely.

Anger is useless and it won't help Madeleine. Has nobody heard the expressions 'Blind rage'? It means you see nothing other than what you are angry about.

Pascal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum