Less than two weeks after Madeleine McCann disappeared, the family and friends of the McCann family set up a company called Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited. Without properly setting clear objectives and policies from the start, the company was set to become the vehicle for the “official” find Madeleine campaign—whatever that actually meant.
It has become a typically British thing to have financial campaigns to assist people in well publicised times of need. Usually there is no specific company set up to do this. In this respect, the “Madeleine Fund” seemed far too sophisticated and if anything it appears to have been premeditated.
British banks are past masters of setting up and administering bank accounts for needy causes and tend to do so without intervention by outsiders. What made the Madeleine Fund and subsequent campaign so distasteful to many is that little of the money has been used for its stated purpose.
Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited is a type of company called a “Private Company Limited by Guarantee”. A company limited by guarantee is an alternative type of incorporation used primarily for non-profit organisations that require corporate status. A guarantee company does not have a share capital, but has members who are guarantors instead of shareholders. The guarantors give an undertaking to contribute a nominal amount towards the winding up of the company in the event of a shortfall upon cessation of business. It cannot distribute its profits to its members, and is therefore eligible to apply for charitable status if necessary.
The company has several family members on its board of directors and this and many other factors have helped to fuel rumours about the integrity of the management and disbursement of the donated money.
Our sister site “TRUTH For Madeleine” tried to contact the company for an update on its performance. Bates Wells & Braithwaite referred us to the Fund and stated that they couldn’t answer our questions due to confidentiality.
John McCann spoke briefly to us on the phone until he realised we were asking about the Fund. His response was to claim we had the wrong telephone number and that he was in fact a “Mr Jones”. This was interesting as he must in the extremely rare group of Scotsmen with a Welsh name!
A lot of donors to the fund would like to have actually seen some real stones turned over by the McCanns in the search for Madeleine. Instead, there has been no publication of the company performance or regular updates as to what actions have been taken in the so-called “search for Madeleine”.
If Madeleine died in May 2007 and the family knew about this then the whole fund is a fraud!
Serious Questions That Need to be Answered
1. Madeleine was a ward of court when the fund was being set up. Why? Kate McCann refused to answer this most basic question along with 47 others when she was pulled in by the police prior to being given Arguida status.
2. Madeleine’s medical records were withheld from the investigating police force in Portugal. Why? What was there to hide?
3. Gerry and Kate McCann destroyed crucial mobile phone evidence on at least May 2nd and May 3rd, 2007. They did not offer any explanation why or who’s numbers they destroyed.
4. The McCanns said they would return to Portugal if they had to. The police wanted them to return to do a reconstruction of the night of May 3, 2007. The McCanns refused to go. This was after they told donors they would cooperate fully with the police.
5. 15 out of 19 genetic markers of Madeleine McCann were found in the boot of the car hired by the McCanns. Cadaver and blood dogs detected the scent of death in the vehicle. The McCanns have no rational explanation for this.
6. During the time the McCanns were named as Arguidos, they hid behind that status as a way to refuse to talk to the media. Since that status was removed, the McCanns have not come forward to answer any damning questions about the events in April and May 2007 at the Ocean Club Resort where they stayed. Why?
7. After contacting the company – Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited – several times in the past year, they have steadfastly fobbed us off and refused to give the any answers to questions about the fund. What have they got to hide?
8. After fleeing back to England from Portugal, the McCanns told everyone they would take a lie detector test. Shortly after this they recanted that offer and said they would not now take a lie detector test.
9. Captured on film when they didn’t know the camera was still rolling, the McCanns have found this whole situation to be a big giggle. Gerry McCann even sat sucking a lollipop and joked while the police were waiting to hear from a possible kidnapper early on in the investigation.
- Posts : 7123
Reputation : 2506
Join date : 2009-11-25
I have just looked at the IFLG website and read a document relating to a court hearing in July 2008. Their barrister was looking for documents to be released (to facilitate their 'search') but in reality for the McCann's (please use correct names) to see what the police had. In his opening statement there is a reference to proceedings on 17.5.2007 which may be when she became a ward of court but it is not totally clear.
Like setting up a limited company so quickly, making her a ward of court shortly after she vanished seems to me very odd.
- Posts : 548
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-08
Here is the information.
"Proceedings were started in this Court by a summons dated 17 May 2007. The sole purpose of the proceedings has been to call upon the extensive powers of the High Court to require assistance to be given in the search for a missing child. It is of course quite routine in the Family Division for such Orders to be made."
It is only routine when one parent is fighting with another parent for custody of the child though.
- Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13
- Posts : 7123
Reputation : 2506
Join date : 2009-11-25
@Marian wrote:I'm not sure if Gerry is saying anything in this clip but but it looks as if Kate is. Do we have any lipreaders who can tell us what the "grief-stricken" mother is saying?
Kate is defently saying something..I cant read what...
I can't believe how happy they look seconds after they talked about their missing daughter...
- Posts : 1147
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : England