The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Reasonable use of resources/public money

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Reasonable use of resources/public money

Post by jmac on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:57 am

@Gillyspot wrote:

In as far as is relevant the Fund follows best practice governance procedures as set out in the publication" Good Gvernance: A code for the Voluntary & Community Sector"

Now on the Charity Commission website one of the important criteria is

"The board will lead the organisation in being open and accountable, both internally and externally. This will include:

...handling complaints constructively, impartially and effectively...

In as far as it is relevant to best practice, it would be interesting to know if the Madeleine Fund has a complaints system. A complaints system would allow criticism/questioning of their methods.

jmac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Willo on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 am

[quote="PeterMac" Similar to the £ 100,000 prize offered for anyone who can fly more than 100 yards off Brighton Pier, or wherever it is. A wonderful diversion from the fact that it is impossible of achievement.
quote]

I reckon Kate would have given it a good nudge on the day of the famous 'whoosh' interview. She seemed to have imbibed a little too much of Tinker Bell's 'pixie dust' and washed it down with a pint of Red Bull concentrate. She was flying alright.

Willo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:48 am

@jmac wrote:
@Gillyspot wrote:

In as far as is relevant the Fund follows best practice governance procedures as set out in the publication" Good Gvernance: A code for the Voluntary & Community Sector"

Now on the Charity Commission website one of the important criteria is

"The board will lead the organisation in being open and accountable, both internally and externally. This will include:

...handling complaints constructively, impartially and effectively...

In as far as it is relevant to best practice, it would be interesting to know if the Madeleine Fund has a complaints system. A complaints system would allow criticism/questioning of their methods.

As far as I can see it does not have any complaints proceedure. On their website they do state.

"The Fund also has:

a Financial Procedures Manual
job descriptions for directors, chair and treasurer
clearly laid out policies and processes for:
payments
expense claims
risk management
whistle blowing
registering conflicts of interest"

But these appear to be "in-house" proceedures as later on they state (in blue)

[i]"(7) What is the money being spent on ?

The majority of the fund money has been and continues to be spent on investigative work to help find Madeleine. Additionally money continues to be spent on the wider 'Awareness Campaign' – reminding people that Madeleine is still missing and to remain vigilant. None of the directors have taken any money from the fund as remuneration.

Anyone who wishes further information with regards to the financial details of Madeleine's Fund and its professional advisors, please refer to the accounts filed at Companies House. Crown Way Maindy Cardiff CF14 3UZ "[i]

It also states "None of the directors have taken any money from the fund as remuneration." Yet Kate & Gerry have received "administrative support" from their "fund" as noted in the 2010 & 2009 accounts & "some support" in 2008.

Noting that payments on their Mortgage appears nowhere in the published accounts (nor even their subsistence expenses whilst in PDL only "hotel, travel & subsistence expenses of £7993 which will have been for their mini Round the World Trips) they are clearly "including" any payments whether for legitimate expenditure or not in with other stated expenses (eg Campaign Management)

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id205.html

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemain on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:13 am

@Gillyspot wrote:
In this it is interesting to note (again in the Chairman's statement) that the fund paid the McCanns

"provided some administrative support to Madeleine's family in maintaining the impetus of the investigation"

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id352.html

I wouldn't have thought that 'administrative support' is the same thing as 'financial support' but then again, one of the objects of the 'fund' is to provide support to the family so I suppose that strictly speaking it doesn't need to draw attention to that in the Chairman's Statement.

Lemain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum