The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry............. Mm11

'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry............. Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry............. Mm11

'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry............. Regist10

'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry.............

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry............. Empty 'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry.............

Post by Pussycat 16.01.10 0:42

................never before has Dr. Mrs. McCann blogged - that's usually left up to her odious Husband; this is the longest 'blog' entry I've ever seen in nearly three years. Desperation springs to mind. Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere, I was tweeted by Joana;

Court Case( Injunction) in Lisbon 14th January 2010
We are currently in Lisbon for the trial to determine whether the injunction against Mr Amaral's book and DVD should remain in place. This trial is about whether the book is a true reflection of the official judicial process in to Madeleine's disappearance and whether its contents damage the ongoing search for Madeleine, her siblings and our reputations.

Mr Amaral's book and DVD contains some information from the PJ files but there is a lot in the files which is not in Mr Amaral's book. Hence it is highly selective and therefore biased. Mr Amaral's book contains his opinions rather than fact. His opinions differ from the findings in the PJ file. The conclusions of the latter are: 1.there is no evidence that Madeleine is dead and 2. there is no evidence that Gerry or I are involved in Madeleine's disappearance. This is very different to the theories and conclusions of Mr Amaral. It is logical and common sense that spreading these theories as Mr Amaral did (and continues todo) damages the search to find our little girl. If the general public (and the Portuguese people in particular) are bombarded day in and day out with such theories, this will eventually 'colour' their understanding and judgement -lies and inaccuracies become fact. If people subsequently believe that Madeleineis dead and that we are involved in her disappearance then they will not look for Madeleine, will not consider any suspicions about others which they may have and will not come forward with information. We consider this highly detrimental to the search for Madeleine.

There are few points which have been raised in the last few days which I would like to address specifically:

Abduction theory:For us, there is only the abduction theory possible because we were not involved in Madeleine's disappearance and we know Madeleine did not wander off by herself. It is obvious and right that the police should consider other theories initially.

The window: I described to the police officers exactly what I found that night, as it was and is highly relevant and I knew that every little detail could be helpful in finding my daughter which is our only aim. The window which is a ground floor window was completely open and is large enough for a person to easily climb through it. Whether it had been opened for this purpose remains unknown. It could of course have been opened by the perpetrator when inside the apartment as a potential escape route or left open as a 'red herring'

The dogs: We realise that the behaviour of the dogs was the turning point in the investigation for the PJ. The use of dogs has proved to be problematic and unreliable in previous cases

(please refer to the Jersey ‘Haut de La Garenne' case and other research published about their use and reliability). It is vital to note that alerts by such dogs are classified as intelligence rather than evidence, as police officers familiar with their use will verify. These alerts must be supported by forensics in order to be used as evidence. The results of the forensic examinations did not identify any blood or Madeleine's DNA. To suggestor use the dogs´ reactions as evidence is simply wrong and abusive.

The proposed reconstruction: The suggestion of a reconstruction of our movements and other key witnesses at the crime scene and/or surrounding area in the early days following Madeleine's abduction was declined by the PJ as 'not usual' for Portugal. When the PJ finally requested a reconstruction to take place in 2008, Gerry and I were still arguidos and as such would have attended for a reconstruction. Some key witnesses (including some of our friends)declined to attend the planned reconstruction as they were not convinced of the aims and usefulness of it. In particular, as the reconstruction was not to be shown to the media (and hence the general public), they did not feel it would help to find Madeleine. Had the intention been to show it to the general public, it may have 'jogged' memories and encouraged people to come forward with information. It should be added that other key witnesses were not invited to attend.

Our team is confident that the injunction will remain in place because none of thewitnesses thus far have been able to prove in court that Mr. Amaral's right to express his opinion is superior to the rights of our family to peace, respect and protection of reputation, and above all, the right to continue the searchfor our daughter Madeleine effectively and without hindrance. As has been made clear this week, Mr Amaral's ‘thesis' is not supported by any evidence. The search for Madeleine must go on until we find her and bring her abductor(s) to justice.

Pussycat
Pussycat

Activity : 133

Back to top Go down

'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry............. Empty Re: 'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry.............

Post by Ruby 16.01.10 1:43

wow

she's not going down without a fight :aggresive:
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry............. Empty Re: 'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry.............

Post by vaguely1 16.01.10 11:17

That's interesting to read. I'd almost forgotten about the blog.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 16.01.10 12:14

Why would the open window be a red herring? thinking
Pascal
Pascal

Activity : 627

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 16.01.10 12:18

Because of the insistence that somebody couldn't carry a child through it - therefore nobody took a child....would be my guess.

There seems to be a fixation on the window.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 16.01.10 12:43

Why a fixation on the window? Because it was open?
I recall a picture of Rebelo's reconstruction, passing a bundle through the window.
Anyway no matter who did it, must have used an exit. Perhaps the front door, perhaps the patio doors.
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 16.01.10 12:52

Absolutely. Madeleine left the apartment one way or another. There is no reason why someone wouldn't just have used the door. A lot of burglars leave via front or back doors, but open a window to increase their escape routes should they be disturbed.

It's also possible that the McCanns just didn't notice that the window was open before they left.

I'm presuming that nobody considers it likely that the McCanns removed Madeleine through a window, so I'm not clear why it comes in to play in relation to abduction.

It has become a bit of a sticking point with theories though.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nit+Wit 16.01.10 12:56

Shame Mrs McCann didn't speak with such passion 2 and a half years ago or just after they were de-arguidoed.

Nits
Nit+Wit

Activity : 17

http://nitsramblings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 16.01.10 13:01

If you presume her to be guilty then she wouldn't. If you presume her to be innocent then she probably couldn't.

I'm just glad not to hear from Clarence Mitchell to be honest. I'll take what I'm given. 'Kate McCann's' Blog Entry............. 759815
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nit+Wit 16.01.10 13:08

I sit firmly on the fence and don't presume them to be anything, I suppose the point I was trying to make. Part of why everyone is here is because of the unusual PT Laws at the time and the strange behaviour of the Mcs, When all those obsticles were removed ie after DE-Arguido day this sort of blogging from Mrs M IMHO appears more natural (I can't think of another word) than what appeared to be the contrived questions answers and blogging from Mr M

I know what I mean just can't explaiin it

Nits
Nit+Wit

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 16.01.10 13:17

I know what you mean. Maybe that's just a difference between male/female communication, or just person to person communication. Their mental state will also be different now to what it was all those months ago.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nit+Wit 16.01.10 13:43

Maybe

Mr Mc Typical male floweriing around and exagerating instead of getting straight to the point and saying it as it is.

I suppose I just think that the straight forwardness of Mrs MCs blog could have made things so much easier for them the day they were allowed to speak about the case. Unfortunatley now the lack of straight forward answers has made everyone ask more questions.

Oh well

Nits

After thought

The window: I described to the police officers exactly what I found that night, as it was and is highly relevant and I knew that every little detail could be helpful in finding my daughter which is our only aim. The window which is a ground floor window was completely open and is large enough for a person to easily climb through it. Whether it had been opened for this purpose remains unknown. It could of course have been opened by the perpetrator when inside the apartment as a potential escape route or left open as a 'red herring'

The Window may well have been wide open but she doesn't mention the shutters.
Nit+Wit

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 16.01.10 13:53

No, the main mentioners of the shutters seem to be the family in early days interviews. Whether there was a Chinese whispers scenario going on there I don't know.

The shutters appear not to figure very highly apart from those early days interviews.

All these things (window/shutters, children unattended) seem to be a bit of a block to moving forward and discovering what happened that night.

I find it frustrating.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nit+Wit 16.01.10 14:18

Your right and I need to rethink, and move on.

From a personal point of view so many of the Mcs answers and those around them have raised so many more questions that I for one fiind it difficult to see the wood through the trees.

Nits
Nit+Wit

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 16.01.10 14:34

very difficult. Trying to disseminate fact from fiction on forums is also a nightmare - so much that came from opinion pieces in newspapers etc is almost accepted as fact now. Sometimes you read something, then you're unsure whether you just missed it and it's fact, or whether it's someone's opinion.

Obviously this case was a first in terms of the information available - sadly very little of it was factual information. I'm hugely disappointed in the rubbish that was printed in the papers....so many wild goose chases.

I'm not sure it's possible to wipe any of it out and start from the beginning. I think that most people had formed some sort of opinion (as is natural) long before the official files were released and it's very difficult to discipline your mind to ignoring the unofficial information and concentrate solely on the official investigation. I think what came before very easily colours what people choose to read and the way they choose to interpret it.

I think after two and a half years too many people have invested too much time and energy in the case to stand back and reassess their views.

Not a criticism of anyone, just something I've noticed.

There are very few posters who don't have some stake in a resolution in one direction or the other, and very few willing to accept that they could be wrong.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nit+Wit 16.01.10 15:04

I don't disagree with you, I always found the media onesided with their approach. However

OH has just asked a question

What happens if the court find in favour of the Policeman, Will Mr and Mrs Mc have to pay him for loss of earnings on the proceeds of the book and defamation of charecter, ie questioning i public his morals . I thought it was an interesting question.
Then he asked if they do have to, Where will they get the money from?

Nits
Nit+Wit

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 16.01.10 15:10

I'm sure they've considered that. I have no idea about the loss of earnings from the book - I suppose there would be an equal argument that the publicity he would have achieved for his book would more than make up for the loss of earnings (that they cancel each other out)

My top of mind thoughts are that if someone wrote a book about me, then I would have a right to legally request that that person backs up what they've said with proof, or that they withdraw their book. I would then expect that if the court didn't find in my favour because I was chancing my arm, that the judges summing up would set right the situation and that this would be an end to the silliness.

Legally though, I have no idea.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 17.01.10 21:09

Hi
In English Civil Litigation I believe that the loser of the case is responsible for costs incurred by the winner. So if this was being heard under English law and the Judge found in favour of Mr Amaral I guess that he could claim costs appropriate to the case and his losses.

I have no clue at all what would happen if that scenario pans out in Portugal where it is actually being heard.

Take care
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 17.01.10 21:15

I honestly don't think it had crossed the McCanns' minds that they could lose this case. Snr Amaral certainly produced some impressive witnesses and, so far, things are looking very good for him.
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 17.01.10 21:23

Oh, I'm not sure if things are really looking good for him.
He's started talking about appeals and the ECHR, makes me a bit worried.

Wish Tony would comment on what's going on.
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top