The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Scotland Yard are in Portugal - Martin Brunt

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scotland Yard are in Portugal - Martin Brunt

Post by notdeadfred on 12.09.11 16:37

@Daisy wrote:
@lj wrote:Still a lot of posts from the bleeding heart squad.

Very much in the minority though eh?

I like this exchange, good question.

"Some comments seem to have some sort of vested
interest in this case being buried and ignored. They seek to blame the
parents but never a word against the criminals who did this. Very
strange."

- Marie, Lancs, 9/9/2011 13:27

"There was never any proof that "crimimals" were involved. What if she
simply wandered out of the apartment and lost her life through accident?
Who would you blame then?"

- Rob, Epsom, 9/9/2011 15:44
Click to rate Rating 182

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2035434/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-officers-sent-Portugal-hunt-missing-girl.html#ixzz1XaK391wO

Then it would have been the fault of the hotel complex, a child shouldn't be able to wander out of a small hotel room, whilst their British parents dine in the garden, we Brits expect an all inclusive to be just that, safe, free , childcare included and lot's of booze, bloody Jonny Foreigners moving the goal posts!"

~

Ok. That as you know isn't my opinion! That was an ironic response to the Daily Mail comments, but really that is the type of reporting that has been on full blast since May 3rd. Blame, blame and more blame. "We made a mistake" Of course you bloody didn't! A mistake is posting a letter and forgetting to put on a stamp, it isn't leaving three children alone in an unlocked apartment in a small village in a foreign country while you go on the piss, then blaming everyone because you lost one. (Sorry irony again, with the 'lost one') Did they go off to the local pub, and leave the kids alone in Rothley? No of course not, so a small (well not that small TBH) village in southern Europe, is safer than home. Oh. o.k then i believe you, yeah, we all do it!! I'm convinced. The Mccanns are innocent. I'll be right back, just off to buy my copy of the Daily Mail.

notdeadfred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 12.09.11 17:04

@notdeadfred wrote:
Ok. That as you know isn't my opinion! That was an ironic response to the Daily Mail comments, but really that is the type of reporting that has been on full blast since May 3rd. Blame, blame and more blame. "We made a mistake" Of course you bloody didn't! A mistake is posting a letter and forgetting to put on a stamp, it isn't leaving three children alone in an unlocked apartment in a small village in a foreign country while you go on the piss, then blaming everyone because you lost one. (Sorry irony again, with the 'lost one') Did they go off to the local pub, and leave the kids alone in Rothley? No of course not, so a small (well not that small TBH) village in southern Europe, is safer than home. Oh. o.k then i believe you, yeah, we all do it!! I'm convinced. The Mccanns are innocent. I'll be right back, just off to buy my copy of the Daily Mail.

Excellent post notdeadfred. Really made me smile (fancy anyone BUYING the Daily Mail)?

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notdeadfred on 12.09.11 18:13

[quote="Gillyspot"]
@notdeadfred wrote:

Excellent post notdeadfred. Really made me smile (fancy anyone BUYING the Daily Mail)?[/quote]

Shhhhh! I read it on-line, but, don't tell anyone. I only buy it if I am on a train and I don't want anyone to sit next to me, I mean hey would you sit next to a Daily Mail reader by choice?

notdeadfred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DM readers not so happy

Post by tigger on 12.09.11 18:36

I'm just wondering. When the bewk was serialised in DM (I too, read online) I took the trouble to go through a lot of the comments. I would say that well over half, perhaps even 75% was anti - fed up with her moaning and requesting less info on her sex life, which doesn't bear imagining.

Perhaps that put them off the book signing and put Gerry of a sponsored bike ride from Portugal to UK. They think it's too risky? We wouldn't hurt a fly, just hold up the odd banner with one of their unique quotes.
The translation deals must have been done at the same time as the contract. The publishers usually want the author to do some publicity and signing.
Transworld might just about break even I think and it will be a very long time before royalties are paid, if ever.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum