The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Newspaper headlines not looking good for McCanns

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newspaper headlines not looking good for McCanns

Post by ufercoffy on 13.01.10 18:05

Found this posted on McCann Gallery:

BBC - Ex-Madeleine McCann detective seeks to lift book ban
Madeleine McCann's parents have faced an ex-detective across a courtroom in Lisbon, Portugal as he tried to overturn a ban on his book.

Belfast Telegraph - We believe Madeleine McCann died in family’s apartment, detective tells libel trial
Portuguese police believed Madeleine McCann died in her family's holiday flat and that her parents faked her abduction, a court has heard.

Sun - 'Maddie is dead and you hid her'
MADELEINE McCann's parents were yesterday accused of faking her kidnap and hiding her body.

Sun - Kate dreamt Maddie's body was on a hillside
KATE McCann had a dream in which she saw the body of missing daughter Madeleine on a hillside above their holiday resort, a court heard

Guardian - McCanns in court to fight book ban appeal
Madeleine died in family's flat, claims ex-detective as her parents seek €1.2m for defamation in second case

Herald Scotland - Report found Madeleine died in holiday apartment, court told
A report into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, signed off by a Portugese police chief, said she had died in the family’s holiday apartment, a court heard yesterday.

Mirror - I DREAMED I SAW BODY ON HILLSIDE
MADELEINE KATE'S VISION

Telegraph - Madeleine McCann's death 'covered up by parents who faked kidnap', court hears
Madeleine McCann died in an accident in her family's Algarve holiday apartment and her death was covered up by her parents who then concocted a tale of kidnap, a Portuguese court was told.

Mail - Court agony for McCanns: Couple listen in disbelief as Portuguese police say Maddie is dead and abduction was faked

Star - KATE MCCANN TOLD POLICE OF 'MURDER' DREAM
TORMENTED Kate McCann had a nightmare that Madeleine had been murdered – and then told police where to look for the body.

Star (Paper Version) - 'Madeleine died inside apartment'

Express - MADDIE 'DIED' IN APARTMENT, PORTUGESE POLICE CHIEF TELLS COURT
MADELEINE McCann died in her family’s holiday apartment as the result of a tragic accident and her parents concealed her body, a police chief told a court in Portugal yesterday.

Legal Brief Today - Madeleine McCann's death covered up by parents, court told

Sky News - McCanns Brace For More Cover-Up Claims
The parents of Madeleine McCann are preparing to face a second day in court listening to claims that they covered up their daughter's death.

Sky News - Madeleine McCann 'Died In Holiday Apartment'
A report into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, signed by a police chief, said she had died in the family's holiday apartment, a court has been told.

Scotsman - Madeleine's death was covered up by McCanns, Portuguese court told
PORTUGUESE police believed Madeleine McCann died in her family's holiday flat and that her parents faked her abduction, a court has heard.

And a few from around the world (with translation where necessary courtesy of Google).

AFP (Agence France Press) - Parents of Madeleine McCann face accuser in court
LISBON — The parents of missing girl Madeleine McCann faced a former Portuguese police officer in a libel court on Tuesday over his claims that she is dead and that they were involved in her disappearance.

Herald Sun (Australia) - Missing British girl Madeleine McCann 'died in holiday apartment'
A REPORT into the Portugal disappearance of British child Madeleine McCann, signed by a police chief, said she died in her family's holiday apartment, a court has heard today.

Nu (Netherlands) - 'Madeleine McCann stierf in vakantiewoning' ("Madeleine McCann died in holiday home")
LONDEN - De verdwenen Britse peuter Madeleine McCann is al in de vakantiewoning van haar ouders in het Portugese Praia da Luz in mei 2007 om het leven gekomen. (LONDON - The British toddler Madeleine McCann disappeared has been in the apartment of her parents in Praia da Luz in Portugal in May 2007 killed.)

De Morgen (Belgium) - Hoofdinspecteur: "Maddie overleed in vakantiewoning" (Captain: "Maddie died in holiday apartment")

RTL Nieuws (Netherlands) - Madeleine McCann al in 2007 dood (Madeleine McCann in 2007 death)
Het verdwenen Britse meisje Madeleine McCann is al in de vakantiewoning van haar ouders in Portugal om het leven gekomen. (The missing British girl Madeleine McCann has been in the apartment of her parents in Portugal killed.)

Correio da Manhã (Portugal) - “Maddie morreu e pais ocultaram” (Maddie died and parents hid her)

VG Nett (Norway) - Politirapport: Madeleine døde i foreldrenes ferieleilighet (Police Report: Madeleine died in their parents' holiday apartment)
En rapport fra portugisisk politi viser at Madeleine McCann skal ha dødd i familiens ferieleilighet.(A report by Portuguese police show that Madeleine McCann must have died in the family's holiday apartment.)

Nettavisen (Norway) - Maddie døde i leiligheten (Maddie died in the apartment)
Rettssaken ekteparet McCann har reist i Lisboa er i gang. (The trial, the couple McCann traveled in Lisbon is under way.)

IOL (South Africa) - Parents hid Maddie's body, court told

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newspaper headlines not looking good for McCanns

Post by vaguely1 on 14.01.10 9:07

The Sun: VILE COP: F*** THE MCCANNS.

THE ex-cop who led the Madeleine McCann probe sparked new outrage last night
after launching a four-letter tirade against the missing child's parents.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2807324/Madeleine-McCann-probe-cop-in-new-attack-on-parents.html#ixzz0cZkBm3QH
............................................................................................................................................................

Daily Mail: Maddie Snatch Story was A Fairytale that Saved the McCanns From Being Charged With Neglect, Libel Trial Told.

The 'fairytale' of Madeleine McCann's abduction saved her parents
from being charged with neglecting their children, it was claimed
yesterday.
Kate and Gerry McCann did not face negligence charges because police
were too 'distracted' by claims their daughter had been snatched, a
former policeman said.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1242736/Anyone-children-Angry-Gerry-McCann-dismisses-claims-Madeleine-dead-libel-case-continues.html#ixzz0cZlKEfQK

............................................................................................................................................................

Daily Express: MCCANNS FURY AT DEATH CLAIM:

DEFIANT Gerry McCann yesterday hit back at courtroom claims that his
daughter Madeleine is dead and that he and wife Kate concealed her body.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold on 14.01.10 21:29

It's now been established he did NOT say f**k off. This is stirring once again by the British media. They really are lower than low.

marigold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 15.01.10 11:02

Of course the British media are shit stirring - that's what sells papers :) I think Mr Amaral is still insisting he didn't speak to the press.

Can I just add - I didn't bold that article, but for some reason it won't unbold.....maybe something to do with the cut and paste.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otium on 16.01.10 17:22

@marigold wrote:It's now been established he did NOT say f**k off. This is stirring once again by the British media. They really are lower than low.

This is one of the many reasons I thank God that we have the internet. No longer do we have to rely on biased and twisted reporting because at the click of a button we can find most answers to our questions and delve deeper behind clever, eye catching headlines.

I was pleasantly surprised that Martin Brunt broke rank from his 'colleague' and confirmed GA said “Fala com McCanns” which means “Ask the McCanns”. Quite why he states GA is his 'new best friend' leaves me rather puzzled or am I missing something? Anyone?

Otium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 16.01.10 17:28

No Idea what the NBF comment was about. But I find Brunt a strange creature anyway, so it's probably just one of his quirks.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otium on 16.01.10 17:43

@vaguely1 wrote:No Idea what the NBF comment was about. But I find Brunt a strange creature anyway, so it's probably just one of his quirks.

I know what you mean about Brunt but I do find him rather intriguing :) From the few articles I have read that he has written about the McCanns I am none the wiser as to what he thinks really happened or what side of the fence he leans to.

It seems that there doesn't appear to be anyone pulling his strings. Bearing in mind the dismal and dishonest reporting I have witnessed in the last few years this can only be a good thing.

Otium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 16.01.10 17:59

I'd love to think there were still journalists out there who have no strings to pull - who just report the facts, but it seems that that's a thing of the past - or maybe a thing of my imagination, something that has never existed.

I have the feeling that MB tries to appear like the good old crime journos of black and white American films - that he words his articles to make it look like he's on the inside track, that he has informers. But I suspect, sadly that he is just the same as the rest - scrabbling around for stories and getting deadline headaches.

Maybe he's still recovering from the 100% DNA match unresearched headline. I know I would be.

Like all the pointless opinion pieces in the newspapers this week - one day they're screaming that a child has been killed by her parents, the next they are screaming that she wasn't. What about the bloody child in all of this - who has just become a caricature of something that nobody who knew her would recognise.

I'd like to sit down and watch facts - no opinion, no bloody interactive voting or charts, or even cryptic comments designed for people to read things in to, or just not understand.

I wouldn't have thought it was too much to ask

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 25.01.10 18:20

Unfortunately everything written about the mccanns case is shrouded in cryptic comments if journalists have the balls to venture to report half truths......otherwise they are made up of downright lies and spin supplied by the mccanns.

Time has changed journalists into gutless gits.......it's just a bloody job that put food on table...they no longer care about truth, what sells and pleases their boss is what counts.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 25.01.10 19:09

I think they realised a long time ago that the public are more interested in scandal and outrage than they are in factual reporting.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffin Assasin on 31.01.10 1:15

i CAN'T READ ALL THIS, AT THE MOMENT, bUT i'M OF THE OPINIOIN, HAVING READ THE FILES, THAT MADDY WAS DEAD BEFORE THE ALARM WAS RAISED.

aNY ONE WANT MY ADRESS TO SUE ME ?

DR AMARAL, GAVE THEM THE EASY WAY OUT, THE CARRIED ON WITH THE FRAUD, THEY ARE GERFLUCKED, SAYS OUR IRISH COMPADRES.

Laffin Assasin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffin Assasin on 31.01.10 1:17

@vaguely1 wrote:I'd love to think there were still journalists out there who have no strings to pull - who just report the facts, but it seems that that's a thing of the past - or maybe a thing of my imagination, something that has never existed.

I have the feeling that MB tries to appear like the good old crime journos of black and white American films - that he words his articles to make it look like he's on the inside track, that he has informers. But I suspect, sadly that he is just the same as the rest - scrabbling around for stories and getting deadline headaches.

Maybe he's still recovering from the 100% DNA match unresearched headline. I know I would be.

Like all the pointless opinion pieces in the newspapers this week - one day they're screaming that a child has been killed by her parents, the next they are screaming that she wasn't. What about the bloody child in all of this - who has just become a caricature of something that nobody who knew her would recognise.

I'd like to sit down and watch facts - no opinion, no bloody interactive voting or charts, or even cryptic comments designed for people to read things in to, or just not understand.

hOW MUCH DO YOU GET PAID FOR THIS SHITE ?

Laffin Assasin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle on 31.01.10 1:18

Why you shouting hun, nobody arguing with you.

twinkle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffin Assasin on 31.01.10 1:20

@vaguely1 wrote:I'd love to think there were still journalists out there who have no strings to pull - who just report the facts, but it seems that that's a thing of the past - or maybe a thing of my imagination, something that has never existed.

Court at Lisbon, it might help. big grin

Laffin Assasin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffin Assasin on 31.01.10 1:21

@twinkle wrote:Why you shouting hun, nobody arguing with you.

Your a good turn, but you've been on the stage a bit to long. big grin

Laffin Assasin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal on 31.01.10 1:24

This is a respectable establishment you know,

Pascal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle on 31.01.10 1:25

@Laffin Assasin wrote:
@twinkle wrote:Why you shouting hun, nobody arguing with you.

Your a good turn, but you've been on the stage a bit to long. big grin

What stage would that be?

twinkle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal on 31.01.10 1:30

The landing stage?

Ere Twinks, i think this geezer's got the wrong forum..

Pascal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 31.01.10 8:28

@Laffin Assasin wrote:

hOW MUCH DO YOU GET PAID FOR THIS SHITE ?

Excuse me?

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum